He Found A Way For Us To Understand “Our Effect” On The Environment

Tweet
Add an opinion

This post is part of a series of content focusing on covering inspiring work of Indian youth, brought by Youth Ki Awaaz in collaboration with Potentiaa

Ayan Sengupta co-founded My Chlorophyll a dynamic memory based personal carbon accounting software and website enabling individual users to understand the effect of their daily activities on the environment through innovative data presentation techniques.

ayan sengupta

My Chlorophyll has been invited to be demonstrated and showcased to His Excellency M K Narayanan, Governor of West Bengal, India. My Chlorophyll was also among the 36 projects showcased and Presented at Education Without Borders Conference, U.A.E, 2011 (organized by the Higher Colleges of Technology, UAE; EWB brings together the most innovative projects initiated by students in the field of sustainable development and social change)

ayan sengupta

A graduate in Economics, as an undergraduate student Ayan worked with Global Change Programme, Jadavpur University, under Prof.Joyashree Roy Lead Author (Industry) IPCC as a researcher on various projects in Climate Change and sustainable development.

ayan sengupta

Ayan brought together economics and his passion in the field of sustainable development and environment in his projects. A recipient of the ABCDE support grant from World Bank to attend the prestigious World Bank ABCDE conference in Stockholm, Ayan has attended, spoken and presented his work at a lot of national and international events like the NMC World Youth Meeting for a Sustainable Future, Italy, 2010 and Design for Sustainability in the Built Environment Workshop’ by York University and the World Green Building Council, Canada, 2009.

ayan sengupta

Ayan was selected as a British Council International Climate Champions (ICC) from India for 2009-10. International Climate Champions is a partnership project between the British Council and The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) aimed at giving at identifying the most innovative projects undertaken by youth in the field of sustainable development and environment. He also represented India in British Council Climate Champions workshop, Edinburgh 2009. He was also the youngest of the eight columnists to write for Environment section of Kolkata Kromosome, Times of India Kolkata’s special issue.

Ayan is a 2010 Erasmus Mundus scholar, and has a Masters in Economic Development and Growth Programme.

Check out his entire profile on Potentiaa

[box bg="#fdf78c" color="#000"]Potentiaa is a project that finds and showcases the most amazing, inspiring and enterprising Indian youth, and their interesting initiatives.[/box]

Tweet
Add an opinion
Like us on FB?  

Disclaimer: Youth Ki Awaaz is an independent, non-partisan media platform. The views of our writers don't necessarily represent the views of the platform. If you disagree with anything we publish, please send us an alternative view, or comment and register your disagreement. Know more about how Youth Ki Awaaz works.

Join the conversation

Type to Search

See all results