See How “Damsel in Distress” Became The Basis Of Most Video Games. “Why Isn’t A Girl The Hero Of Her Own Game?” #CloseTheGap

Tweet
Add an opinion

Damsel in Distress is a plot device in which a female character is placed in a perilous situation from which she cannot escape on her own and must then be rescued by a male character, usually providing a core incentive or motivation for the protagonist’s quest.” Videos that objectify women for pleasure widen the gap between the two genders. Commodification is not fun, neither is it child’s play. Wake up before reality hits hard in ways that you’d be sorry about later.

This clearly shows something that was always in front of us, but we never saw it from a different angle. Why do most video games have a damsel in distress? Why is it necessary for the game to end with her being saved by a Shiny-Teeth-Wide-Smile “HERO”? Why is a girl never the protagonist of her own game? See it all at one place.

Tweet
Add an opinion
Like us on FB?  

Disclaimer: Youth Ki Awaaz is an independent, non-partisan media platform. The views of our writers don't necessarily represent the views of the platform. If you disagree with anything we publish, please send us an alternative view, or comment and register your disagreement. Know more about how Youth Ki Awaaz works.

Join the conversation

Type to Search

See all results