HAVE YOUR SAY: Can The 4 Year Course In Delhi University Change The Education System?

Posted on May 31, 2013 in Learning+, Social Debates

Background: The Delhi University has implemented its plan to make all Bachelor’s courses – 4 year undergraduate programs. As per the university, The new programme entails awarding a diploma if a student exits after two years, a bachelor’s degree after three years and a bachelor’s degree with honours or a B Tech degree on completion of four years – and will get a flavour of all subjects in the four years – with foundation courses aimed at making students aware about the unique problems and challenges that India faces.

The contingency: While at the outset, this sounds great, will it make any difference to the currently prevailing education system? Also, if the actual purpose is to build an extensive overall programme, then why are there multiple exit points? Moreover, many people claim that this has been done in an extremely undemocratic manner and the controversy has risen to a series of protests by various associations in the Delhi University.

State your views in the comments section below

[symple_column size=”one-half” position=”first”] DU_YES Green
I support the implementation of FOUR year Undergraduate Program in Delhi University.

[/symple_column] [symple_column size=”one-half” position=”last”] DU_NO Red
I DO NOT support the implementation of FOUR year Undergraduate Program in Delhi University.