Public Hearing On FYUP In Delhi University #PhotoNama

A public hearing with teachers, students, educationist and parents was organized by AISA and LDTF at the Arts Faculty gate of Delhi University to oppose Four Year Undergraduate Programme (FYUP) structure of education.

Students passing through the painting kept to oppose FYUP at Delhi University.

Four Year Undergraduate Programme (FYUP) in Delhi University marks a fundamental structure change, a tectonic shift in the frame of higher education. This will have several reverberation for the future of students across the country.

Further, in the absence of any UGC guidelines, how will the FYUP student prove the worth and equivalence of their multiple-level diploma/degree while seeking the admission in other universities operating with 10+2+3 schemes.

Ramaa Sinha,a teacher from Sri Venkateswara College of the University of Delhi speaking at the Public Hearing.

In a situation where a common student has to spend annually Rs 1-1.5 lakh to fend for college fees and other living costs of rent, food and transportation. The four year undergraduate programme (FYUP) will increase the financial burden for the additional year. The FYUP will further discourage students who are already economically and socially disadvantaged (particularly the SC/ST/OBC/PH/Minorities/Women Students) to carry on with the Honours programme and force them to settle for the ‘drop-out’ degrees.

AISA students opposing the FYUP in Delhi University.

Students and Educationist present at the Public Hearing to oppose FYUP in Delhi University.

Students attending the Public Hearing to oppose FYUP at Delhi University.

A student at the Public Hearing shows the placard during the event.

Students and Parents listening the Public Hearing organized by AISA.

About The Author

Currently working as a Freelance Photojournalist for News Picture-France and Demotix-London. •Worked as a Photographer and Photo Researcher at “Careers 360 Magazine-OUTLOOK GROUP” •Contributing Photographer at CORBIS images. •Worked as a Product Photographer in “Promotional Club-A Leading Export House” Noida (U.P). •I was the Official Photographer of at the "Global Buddhist Congeration-2011". •Photography Volunteer at “Delhi Photo Festival 2011”. •Photography Exhibition at "Alliance Française de Delhi" from 8-11 October, 2011. Padma Shri Raghu Rai-Magnum Photographer was the Chief Guest. •My work has featured prominently in international media such as The Telegraph (U.K), Yahoo-India, UK, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Ireland, Our Many Stories- Hong Kong, Photojournale, Art Photofeature Magazine, Popular Photography Magazine, Lens Culture Magazine, The Blue Hour Magazine, Global Voices, Photojournalism Now, Fotojournalismus, , Liquid News Room, Radio Horytna: Egypt, Professional Photography Blog •As well as Indian media such as The Hindu,Lonely Planet-India, Rediff, Yahoo , Careers 360 Magazine, Competition 360 Magazine, The Kashmir Walla Magazine, Emaho Magazine, Education World Magazine, Annual Calendar of "South Asian University" (SAU) New Delhi ,The Tehelka Foundation, Acacia Foundation,Lens Eye,Jharkhand Mirror. •Honors and Awards: Nikon Flickr Award Finalists in the The Hindu Shutterbug Contest. Photo selected among the 10 best photographs to be exhibited in the Destination Emaho exhibition at Ladakh.by EMAHO Magazine.