6 Politicians Who Came Out In Support Of Gay Rights

Tweet
Add an opinion

Every time the highest powers of a nation take a decision which harshly betrays each and every citizen, the country unites to raise voice against it. After the Indian Supreme Court’s judgement to criminalize consensual sex between two adults of the same sex, the same happened both on online platforms and offline. In the midst of this chaos, when some politicians come forward and raise their voices along with the people, it is always good to know. Here are some politicians who came out in support of gay rights and support of the protesting voices of people.

Janata Dal United leader and Rajya Sabha MP Shivanand Tiwari said “Supreme Court’s verdict is final. If that needs to be changed then the Parliament should come up with a new law. More than that it is not wise to comment further on a Supreme Court ruling.”

Tweet
Add an opinion
Like us on FB?  

Disclaimer: Youth Ki Awaaz is an independent, non-partisan media platform. The views of our writers don't necessarily represent the views of the platform. If you disagree with anything we publish, please send us an alternative view, or comment and register your disagreement. Know more about how Youth Ki Awaaz works.

Join the conversation

Type to Search

See all results