6 Politicians Who Came Out In Support Of Gay Rights

Posted on December 12, 2013 in Featured, Specials

Every time the highest powers of a nation take a decision which harshly betrays each and every citizen, the country unites to raise voice against it. After the Indian Supreme Court’s judgement to criminalize consensual sex between two adults of the same sex, the same happened both on online platforms and offline. In the midst of this chaos, when some politicians come forward and raise their voices along with the people, it is always good to know. Here are some politicians who came out in support of gay rights and support of the protesting voices of people.

Janata Dal United leader and Rajya Sabha MP Shivanand Tiwari said “Supreme Court’s verdict is final. If that needs to be changed then the Parliament should come up with a new law. More than that it is not wise to comment further on a Supreme Court ruling.”

FLAG THIS POST

YouthKiAwaaz.com is an award winning, India's largest online and mobile platform for young people to express themselves on issues of critical importance. This article has been written by a Youth Ki Awaaz Journalist/Contributor. You can submit a contribution too. Click here to write for Youth Ki Awaaz, or submit a photo or video.