Dikshit Responds To Kejriwal’s Claims Against Her Involvement In CWG Scam: Will The Truth Prevail?

By Tanaya Singh:

The News: Aam Aadmi Party has reportedly moved files related to Commonwealth Games held in 2010 in Delhi to the Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB). According to government sources, the current Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has already moved the files, which means that an FIR will be filed against Sheila Dikshit.

delhiThe probe will be particularly centred around the Ex CM’s alleged involvement in the purchase of imported street-lights at an inflated price. The ACB has been asked to probe into this irregularity based on investigations carried out by the CAG, and the Prime Minister-appointed Shunglu Committe which questioned some of the decisions made by her.

While Dikshit has sent a point to point rebuttal against all charges, law minister Somnath Bharti has ensured investigation into all cases of corruption during the preparations for CWG. He has however exclusively pointed out that the probe is not meant to target any particular individual and they aim for a fair probe.

The Opinion: It is good for everyone who voted for AAP to be finally reminded of why they did so in the first place. The fight against corruption from where the entire journey began seemed to have been lost in a sea of vigilante moral policing, forced Dharnas and hurried but senseless fulfilment of promises.

While it may be hard for many to see any good coming out of this probe keeping in mind the “law” minister’s previous actions which were nowhere near the law, many will see this as the much awaited ride against corruption which the country has been waiting for; especially in the case of common wealth games and the level of wrongdoings behind the dream of hosting an event which sidelined the condition of the state and its citizens.

Hopes from the probe and fights to prove every allegation wrong will be at equal levels. Only time, and of course, Arvind Kejriwal’s determination, will reveal the winner.

Do you think any good will come out of this? Let us know your opinions in the comments section below