[VIDEO] What A Girl Faces In A 10 Minute Walk Around Connaught Place Is Appalling

Update: Male gaze is a known problem that women around the world face. The society has a habit of judging them and staring at their choice of dressing. While this video raised many questions in our minds about the words used and as our community pointed out, about the use of phrases such as ‘mental rape’, we feel it is important for us to initiate the conversation about the way our society treats women. This video by Sortted TV represents the opinions of a young person and it is important for our audience to know what she feels. YKA as a community platform publishes opinions of young people on pertinent issues. You can submit yours too by sending them in to us at [email protected]

—————–

We talk of equality and we protest against the rapes but we forget to give a thought to our own behaviour. It is spiteful how men stare at women. When they walk out, women feel as if they are on display. Women should be allowed to walk out on the road freely and fearlessly at any time and regardless of what they choose to wear, it doesn’t warrant the piercing gazes that they are subjected to.

This video is an eye opener for all of us and drives home the point that we have to stop objectifying females around us and treat them as fellow human beings.

Receive the week's top youth opinions right in your mailbox

We hate spam as much as you do!

About The Author

Social Sub-Editor

Social Sub-Editor at Youth Ki Awaaz. Tweets @mayank1029 ! Published fiction writer. Keywords: Business, Tech, Politics and Happiness. Closet poet. Lives on books and conversations.