‘We Teach Life, Sir': A Powerful Performance That Narrates The Horrors Of Life In Gaza

In this very moving and passionate performance, spoken word artist Rafeef Ziadah narrates what it is like to be a Palestinian. At a time when Israel is on a full blown offensive against Gaza, it is crucial to see truth through propaganda and listen to the voices of the oppressed. The Israeli airstrikes have claimed more than 200 lives and seriously injured thousands in Gaza, most of them being women and children. Israeli airstrike recently killed 4 children playing on a beach. How are kids playing football on a beach a threat to Israel? Is bombing a hospital full of patients not criminal? The propaganda machinery is on overdrive to whitewash Israel’s crimes, and it becomes all the more important to bring out the voices from Gaza. The people in Gaza are living a nightmare, and there can be no justification for the brutal killings and terrorizing of the people who were driven out of their own land and have been forced to live like prisoners in an occupied territory. The Apartheid must end and global solidarity is the only way to help end this occupation.

This Palestinian performance poet and activist will move you to tears with this very powerful performance. This is the truth of Gaza, this is the story that the world needs to sit back and listen to! This is why all of us need to stand up for Palestine. 

To know more about this story and what I think, follow me on Twitter at @Akhil1490

Receive the week's top youth opinions right in your mailbox

We hate spam as much as you do!