11 Photos That Showcase The Anxiety Before Engineering Students Appear For Placements

Posted on September 1, 2014 in Education and Careers, Lists, PhotoNama

By Sharan Devkar Shankar:

It was the peak of the placement season. The final batch had moved back into campus after completing their internships during spring break.  Mails were swarming in asking for critical data and updating the status of the program. Questions were being asked, answers were sought, rooms were crowded, and there was an urgent energy in the air. By the end of the first week, following these, came a mail with the subject ‘Grooming For Life‘. It was about a mandatory placement precursor event and a formal photo shoot.

The night before the event was a rapid phase; things were happening all around the gentlemen’s residence leading to drastic transformation in ones identity. People were building up their profiles and some of them had actually started from the scratch. They were sorting all their achievements and certificates in various fields. Some of them were really happy to have discovered something related to their majors.

Trimmers were fully charged and the mirrors were all occupied in the men’s room. While some thought that their identities were masked in the process and they would instead like to present themselves the way they were, many were happy and excited about the professional transformation, immersed in this ambiance full of surprises.

Here’s a photo series called ‘Grooming for life‘, which portrays the sudden transformation of an engineering student, as he prepares for his campus placements.

Sharan Devkar Shankar

My passion is photography and film making. I am travelling around the country to understand my people and their ways of life. Plans are to use this creative media to enrich this generations view on life and their dreams. As an entrepreneur I look forward to set up an Advertisement agency, to provide visual solutions & Campaign design. I enjoy giving voice to my clients. One of the young Photographers to be awarded for stressing the ecological changes through photography. The "Ecography" Award. A nation wide competition from The Hindu daily. I am also a scout with The "Rajya Puraskar" award who is interested in bringing some change in the youth for the betterment of this nation.

Do you study in a boys’ college?

Do u mean to ask why there are no girls’ photos?

A final, groomed photograph of the set would have been a great topping to the series.

Sharan Devkar Shankar

That might have looked great, but would have moved away from the story which is actually the process ‘grooming’.
    And actually I leave the finale open to the reader so that he can relate that with his story and visualize himself in that place.

Great work Sharan. Love the way you have captured the moment both through pictures and in words. All the best to you.

Great goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you
are just extremely magnificent. I really like what
you have acquired here, certainly like what you’re saying and the way in which
you say it. You make it enjoyable and you
still take care of to keep it sensible. I cant wait to read much more from you.

This is actually a terrific web site.