Weekly Poll Question: Should The Pub Culture Be Done Away With?

Posted on February 10, 2009 in Politics at Play, Society

Our last weekly question was: Should the pub culture be done away with?

From the response we found out the although 75% people do believe that it should not be done away with, there are 25% people who still think that the pub culture should be done away with.

From the poll it is quite clear that a majority of the population believes that the pub culture is fine. As we move towards modernisation and westernisation, the pub culture has certainly become a part of our modern day India. The urban contemporary population would never mind the pub culture. But the question is that if the pub culture shall not be removed then shouldn’t we curtail the moral policing hooligans? And if the pub culture should be removed, then what do you think is the reason? Is it unethical? Is dancing to loud music with people you know unethical?

Pub culture should not be banned, what should be banned are the misdeeds that go on within the pub and club premises. If there is something unethical going on inside the pub then the judiciary must take care of it. And for those who think that women who drink are violating the traditions of India, what do you have to say about our fundamental Right To Choose?

REPORT THIS POST