Challenging Mental Inertia: An odyssey from Homo sapiens to Homo spiritualis

Ranjeet Kumar:

“अव्यक्त जब व्यक्त होता है तो व्यक्ति का रूप है. जो अव्यक्त था वो भी महत्व पूर्ण था बिलकुल उस बीज की तरह जो अपने में एक विशाल अभ्यारण्य की संभावनाओं को समेटे है.”

The manifestation of that which exists but does not manifest is the progenitor of life. It’s analogous to the seed which has potential of getting transformed in to a jungle. Transformation of the potential to kinetics is the key to origin and evolution. The IACD model is meant to take you to a purposeful living.

The whole purpose of life is precession as defined by Edward Hamming, it simply means that it’s the effect of a body in motion on the other like throwing a stone generates ripples on the surface and perpendicular to it is the motion of the stone. Here the side effects at right angle to the motion matter and define the greatest philosophy behind a purposeful living. The true purpose of life is right angle to the goal we set. The goal of life is not the purpose as when you achieve the goal then you stop and there is no more precession. The central idea being that we should be in motion. The IACD approach outlines the idea of being in motion and realizing the cosmic agenda of life.

Initiating is important. The mental inertia has been instrumental in limiting our capability to excel. There is always a fear factor at the back of consciousness that makes us uneasy in starting up. This is what mental programming all about. It’s the nature and nurture factor that governs the ability to initiate and accept the consequences there after. A fast debugging of mental hard disk becomes inevitable. This world is truly for those who can quickly learn, unlearn and relearn under the dynamically changing environment. It’s up on us to feed our grey matter with thoughts that are affirmative. Brain does not make any image of “no” what is needed is to come up with “yes” it’s possible and I definitely can strive to achieve it. The script of success is written only when one knows the language of courage. As Paulo Coelho in his famous book says “When someone makes a decision, he is really diving into a strong current that will carry him to places he had never dreamed of when he first made the decision”. So is what Swami Vivekananda has on this is “You fail only when you do not strive sufficiently to manifest infinite power”. He strongly says that each soul is potentially divine and expressing this divinity in our thoughts and action is prime goal. The essence being that in the school called life you first take up the problem and later learn the lesson just opposite of what our conditioning and education has been.
The blueprint of perpetual happiness lies in the DNA of courage and the central dogma of life lies in the heart which drives you to an evolutionary roller coaster gradually transforming you from human doing to human being. Remember that the entire cosmos conspires when you inspired by naive thoughts desire to initiate. The essence being mind that is nothing but bundle of thoughts which keeps you in a state of confusion, and thoughts that can make difference get lost like needle in haystacks has to be brought to action. Become a strong magnet so that the needle does not get lost and prepare platform so that these small but important seeds with a potential to form jungles can be planted deep in to your consciousness that’s what an idea can make tremendous difference all about. Let novel ideas perpetuate and does not let it die in gestation.
Mark Twain says “I have never let my schooling interfere with my education” this statement is quite pragmatic education to me is a lifelong exercise and sometime schooling create so much resistance in our thinking that we hesitate to initiate anything new. Deepak Chopra says that “every person is a god in embryo, its only desire is to be born” right indeed. There is my model of excellence known as “IACD” based on the roots of Indian philosophy it says for a goal to be achieved one must initiate with good intentions and to focus on it your attention is to be very piously chosen like if u want to fly make eagles your mentor. Once you are through with attention to animate your objective you need to initiate little steps guided by wisdom where things start building up this is creation and most important is the declarations you make to the outside world. To see beyond the obvious and move on path less travelled remember the IACD MODEL the core of which lies your blissful being. What I want to convey in nutshell is that journey of thousand miles begin with a single step. So let every stone that comes your way become a milestone in your odyssey called life and not a tumbling hurdle.

What should have been a learning odyssey has become a painful pursuit for earning a living. Our education has ruined the capability of thinking innovatively and has definitely interfered with our learning process. Learning for the sake of knowledge that churns to what we called wisdom is no more happening. We have become so mechanized that the complexity of our mental faculty has left no room for creative thinking and enjoying the “being” part of our life. What I wish to propound is that in the struggle of existence “we are no more human being but human doing”.

You may ask what this being has to do, but remember the best word always emerges from the core of silence. Being means that “you are” which makes difference it’s just awareness but remember its same as not fighting with the deepest darkness and lighting a single lamp. The potential of every individual is infinite and the only hurdle to it is our constant messaging to the brain that we are incapable. Whatever you give attention to enhances in our life, if it is incapability you are bound to attract things that will make you incapable and breed frustration. So the message here would be “WHATEVER YOU RESIST WILL PERSIST- TOKOGE TO TIKEGA”. It’s now the perfect time to fuel our sedentary brain and give it momentum this can be done by consciously satiating the brains appetite with affirmative thoughts. The thoughts that will make difference, the thoughts that really count. Remember from now onwards I request you humbly to stop kissing negatively “pooch kuch nahin ho sakta” and keep yourself open. Acceptance is happiness rejection is painful so accept first and move ahead.

The faculty called mind is intricately complex and interesting entity. We can simply perceive mind as bundle of thoughts. What are these thoughts then, it’s interesting that these are just like the trailing news that we always see on news channel most of which are breaking news and you know the element of truth is very little. “Breaking news” means that there is nothing positive or constructive, it’s just there to break your calm conscious being. Most of your thoughts are programmed and there is no substance in it. Being aware of the fact what

can be done is to note those thoughts that are really worth pursuing this is analogous to finding needle in the hay sticks. The bottom line here is “Viccharon ki Nirjala” I mean inculcating a habit of fasting of thoughts so that we can experience the power of infinite.

I don’t know really whether I have made you comfortably miserable or miserably comfortable by putting my unorganized thoughts before you. But let me simplify the whole idea is to enjoy being what you are. I would like to give you a practical tip of becoming a banyan tree and not an ornamental bonsai. If you ask a seed about what’s within it, the answer is nothing but remember this nothing is not the one we think it’s a special nothing with an inherent potential of everything hidden in its core. So what if you plant the seed then a tree is born and that tree can breed numerous other trees and what would be the end result is a garden, a jungle. Likewise are our thoughts and what we need to do is to consciously plant these chosen thoughts in our subconscious mental field to prepare a customized tailor made garden of thoughts.

So let me share with you a technique called the pictographic technique that allows your desires to animate. It’s a kalpvriksha its panacea for the holistic successful being. First think of something that you really want to achieve and seed this thought deep in to your subconscious being. After seeding the idea see the bigger picture, its meditation close your eyes and see the end result. Like if you seeded an idea of becoming a doctor, what you should see is that you are having a stethoscope with a batch on your chest that you are dr. so and so. Seeing is important but imagine and dream take a bird’s eye view attach intense emotion to the very thought, desire passionately and I bet if you go on doing this it will profoundly change your mental frame and you will automatically start attracting things that can make this happen Paulo Coelho the famous writer of Alchemist call it Natures Conspiracy but for me its map to your divine destiny. Now passionately desiring has to be converted in to your unflinching faith that yes if others can I can also and this is called transformation its something sublime but will animate your faith in to action. Faith in action is important and its driven by the fire within its similar to a small step in the right direction leading to a giant leap in your personal reality (personality). Suppose that you have always condemned rich friend of yours who owns a car and constantly pass negative comments. My only take home message is accept the things and stop kissing on negative note. Once you can accept the things in totality now let your faith work for you. The beauty of faith in action is its scientific and it works the idea is whatever picture the brain see comes true. So let the brain be a nesting ground for noble ideas from nesting to testing from testing to investing from investing to creasting and crowning phase let your faith evolve step by step in the journey of wisdom.

Attention simply implies your focus. You need not be a floodlight but a spotlight a lighthouse indeed that can act as a compass and provide direction and purpose to life. Simply as the rule goes that whatever you pay attention to enhances this implies that you should be very careful while choosing the ingredients for the recipe of blissful living. Attention is peeping closely on the thought process and what really is the mind cooking. The attention should be guided by the intention, say if the intention is of greatest common good than attention would be on the abundance that almighty has bestowed to us. With the five senses we keep on attracting things that does not feed our soul and a tug of war for livelihood and living continues and what is left to starve is the god within. What should be the course of action then is simply training our mind for imagination, brain for creative pursuit and eyes for abundance. Attention is a cognitive process of concentrating it is same as to learn a language you need to start with the alphabets once you have done with an odyssey from attention to concentration from concentration to meditation and from meditation to contemplation is bound to take you in the lesser known territory of bliss

Creation is what I call “Abhivyakti” it’s powered by the intention and attention component. It’s potentially diving deep in to the sea of wisdom and breaking patterns and beliefs that was programmed by nature and nurture. Creation is to explore the hidden treasure of potential divinity within. Creation is manifestation of excellence that comes as the outcome of gods agenda for your presence on the planet. Your capability comes to a point where every action is a step to self actualization. Remember that the declaration you make to the outside world should not be an ego driven exercise what is required is extreme personal humility. You can do this by talking and releasing your thoughts to people around that what you want to do and believe me these declarations will not go in vein and you will emerge in to limelight.

To the core of IACD model is your being and remember this is the greatest missing link if you are not connected to your being you become a mechanically driven programmed machine. Being is beautiful it’s the canvas of your masterpiece painting called life. Being let you get detached from the agony of the competitive living. Life has hidden musicality and there is every possibility that your being can let it surface on your personality. You get tuned to the vibes of almighty and the nectar flows. You become a dynamo of excellence driven by a purposeful living. I am concluding my write-up with the thoughts of Swami Vivekananda “Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life – think of it, dream of it, and live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success that is way great spiritual giants are produced.”

Conclusion

The ancient rule of Vedic connectivity is wonderful IACD brings that approach in light once again. It’s a key to dynamic evolution of conscious positive being. IACD amalgamated with the being component is manifestation of supreme energy and adding purpose to the divine existence of universal oneness

The writer is a research scholar by profession working at CDRI Lucknow, a freelancer and poet by passion.

1. Laxmi Narayan Mishra

Very good article. This article shows the indepth knowledge and thinking of the writer.

2. rosy

excellent article.!!!!!!11

3. Neeraj

excellent. i have no words to say. keep it up

4. Sneha

hello sir,

Its an excellent piece of work!

regards,
    Sneha

5. brijesh

jahapanah tussi great ho………..

6. Jitendra Tripathi

excellent article………

7. Ajay Rana

I was really lost in pun of words…nice creative writing 🙂

8. bharat

it is a thought evolved from mixture of innovation and creativity,but the best part of this is that it simply touches all the subject of a life.awsome sir

9. Dr. Alok

very nice thought

10. anil

I realy like the way you have explained initiating the new things and proper visualization and refinement of idea before initiation. The way you have explained to overcome the negative thoughts by acceptance is ultimate. Over all this article will help the readers to overcome the frustation of today’s life.
    I hope you will keep writing such articles.

11. Sudhir Kumar

Dear Ranjeet,
    Your article inspires to be a karmyogi. You have explained the concept of Swami Vivekananda very well that the capacity of human brain is unlimited. Only our thoughts make us weak or strong.
    At last I would like to tell, yeah, it is youth ki awwaz.

Regards
    Sudhir Kumar

12. saurabh srivastava

it been totally my pleasure reading such a poetic phrase. i wish you to keep on writing like this

very well written & excellent and depthfull fluency of thought

13. kadam vikram Pranjal

What u try to convey is very much the obvious, as obvious as even the one who seems to be the ideal needy of ur message will have thought of ..but he isnt or cant implicate that very same obvious.. n thats the issue.. well though message is simple ur heavy sentaences and quotations have made it complex..
    keep it up though.. makes me realize more the helplessness of those who try to enword the flow n simplicity of life n badly fail at it..

By Bashiruddin Faruki

By Navya Shorey

By SINJINI SENGUPTA