Fortune Favours The Brave

Dinesh Reddy Sarasani:

We are Gifts of The God, very often not born with a silver-spoon or as mascot-holders. Hardly are people gifted with luxuries and pleasures. How about those then? What on earth can we independently do for ourselves to tread on a path of fortune? Following the gratitude to God, it is our responsibility to trasform ourselves to take up the

gauntlet and confront it with relentless efforts and diligence backed by an ardent mettle which is merely a factor of fortune. Life is a long-term ongoing process in which one certainly has to cross umpteen hurdles and experience the sojourn in the pursuit of happiness. One can’t shrug off the impediments in life and remain content as everything

is temporarily frozen in the universe. When a person is able-enough to tackle the difficulties and pains and hammer them out, he would certainly be in the blaze of fortune.

Expecting fortune or luck doesn’t seem healthy for a person. One’s ability to cope with difficulties especially when the chips are down, one’s power of resistance to abject debacles, one’s mettle to tackle the impediments resiliently and one’s perseverance to do away with pain, serve as the mirror of foundation to reflect the images of fortune and luck. ” Desire no fortune, deserve fortune” is what I assertively percieve as perfect in the discussed context. The sacred ‘Bhagavad Gita’ says “Do your work, unmindful of its results”. It consummately interprets the deserving quality of an individual in terms of his or her ability to work hard and their mettle to sort out the difficulties. On accomplishing all these, Fortune certainly follows the human beings.

Plenitude of personalities in history whose potentials when unleashed have made fortune come along their way. Thomas Alva Edison, the inventor of the electric light bulb, was one among this group of individuals to welcome the myriad of challenges that faced him with an optimistic spirit. His saying “If I find 10,000 ways something won’t work, I haven’t failed. I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.” clearly

redefined the term ‘failure’ which consequently called for the fortune that made his electric bulb glow eventually. Although Politics is driven by clout and megabucks, the man who made his presence felt in democratic administration is Abraham Lincoln, the 16th President of the United States, and the fiasco that he handled boldly had turned him

into President of USA. “My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.” says Abraham lincoln. He couldn’t do it in business in 1831, was defeated in the legislature in 1832, failed in business (1833), suffered a nervous breakdown (1836), was defeated as a speaker and an elector in 1838 and 1840 respectively. He was defeated for a seat in the Congress in 1843 and 48 and again defeated in the Senate in 1855 and 1858. He was finally elected as President in 1860. Bowing to his ability to overcome setbacks, fortune conferred on him the prestigious title of ‘President’. Caliber to kick the setbacks and thrash the failure is what one ought to inculcate, to fearlessly face problems thereby making ones own destiny.

Alexander III of Macedon, known as Alexander the Great, won the historic battle of Granicus. Alexander conquered all of the Persian empire and his conquests did not end until his premature death in Babylon at age thirty-three over the span of which, he won some of the most impressive victories in history. He also attempted to unite the world of

the Greeks with that of the Persians. Without the risks he had taken, the situation would have been somewhat different. Knowing that he was on thin ice, his victory was not only of Greece, but also his own.

Mr.Azim Premji, the CEO of Wipro, had to carry his late father’s business at the young age of 21. When asked whether he thought that Wipro would grow as big as it is today, someday, the honest answer is that he did not. But neither did he think it could not. He never gave up in the face of adversity.

Saurav Ganguly, the Indian cricketer, also known as Dada, was once stripped of his captaincy status and was

eliminated from the squad. His mental stability held through the challenges and he eventually made his name appear back on the scoreboard. Ironically, despite the crticism he faced, the Bangladesh Cricket Board invited him to be a motivator for the Bangladeshi Cricket players. Although he finally retired from Cricket, one must observe how he

was recognised by another country. Fortune greeted Ganguly who was fraught with mettle. Its the resilience that paves the way for fortune to come in. One must learn from their own mistakes and lapses. Every failure would serve as an opportunity to learn from.

Life is driven by destiny. You are the creator of your own destiny. However powerful the fortune may be, however incredible the fate may be, however adverse the time may be, its only the person himself who can rule the above it all. One must treat oneself as ‘omnipotent’ so as to dispel the feeling of ‘pessimism’ and inculcate ‘mettle’ in oneself, to grow along with happiness. No person could have exptected a double ton in the Cricket, but Sachin Tendulkar has simply shook the World with his unbeaten double ton and created history itself. The Cricket God had suffered severe pains a couple of years ago and has now been operated. There was a time when the selectors contemplated about his inclusion in the squad, and now the riposte by Sachin, through his 200 from 147 balls, is awe-inspiring and imposing to the World. No one looked at him when he was lurching in difficulties. How on earth could he break the World record? Ultimately, as he earned the double ton, the World started adulatingand following him. Fortune had to condescend to stay at his feet. He created his own destiny.

Sometimes, a person’s critical decision may turn the fate of an organization. LG Electronics India was once called ‘Goldstar’. It was only after it was renamed as LG – LuckyGoldstar’ that the company’s business had grew to a great extent. The name ‘Western India Vegetables Products’, what is now called WIPRO, had made all the difference in its growth and future prospects. Few factors seem to be desideratum during adverse times and one certainly needs to be wise and informed to adopt new policies, procedures and processes to forge ahead.

FORTUNE – Faith, Omnipotence, Resilience, Tenacity, Uniqueness, Novelty and Excellence is what I personally regard as Fortune. These are the qualities that one has to invest in to find the optimal path en route to fortune. Never give up nor let anything go down. A powerful adage “The man who wins is the man who thinks he can” is what one ought to adopt to get himself motivated to overtake the impediments and reach out to the door of fortune. One must simply strive to justify ‘fortune’ and eventually, no doubt, fortune will favour the brave.

The writer is a correspondent of Youth Ki Awaaz and also a student of Vignan Institute Of Technology and Science, Hyderabad.

1. mu…………….

thanxx………………………
    tomorrow iz my speech n i needed it badly……………..
    😛

2. sunnygujar

Beautiful message for life.

By Charkha features

By Atypical Advantage