iPhone 4 Zooms Through – Making an Impact

Anshul Tewari:

After much criticism and delay, the Apple Inc. finally came out with  product that has everyone drooling. On 7th June, 2010, Steve Jobs, the CEO of Apple announced the iPhone 4 which is, according to Jobs, “the biggest leap since the original iPhone”. Apple has been proving its mettle, with the critically acclaimed Macintosh Computers and Laptops, the iPod, the iPhone and the iPad, and now with the unveiling of iPhone 4, the company with the revolutionary products has another reason to rejoice.

While Tech analysts seemed torn between their enthusiasm for the new device and their disappointment that Apple’s announcement was simply in line with expectations, the youth from around the globe was bedazzled by the beauty of this new phone from the Apple tree.

Youth Ki Awaaz tries to get you a concise and crisp analysis of the iPhone 4, its features, specs and the price as follows:

ENGINEERED GLASS:

The Engineered Glass Panel

All the breakthrough technology in iPhone 4 is situated between two glossy panels of aluminosilicate glass – the same type of glass used in the windshields of helicopters and high-speed trains. Chemically strengthened to be 20 times stiffer and 30 times harder than plastic, the glass is ultradurable and more scratch resistant than ever. It’s also recyclable.

RETINA DISPLAY:

The Retina Display

The 960-by-640 backlit LCD display boasts a pixel density of 326 pixels per inch, making it the highest-resolution phone screen ever. To achieve this, Apple engineers developed pixels so small – a mere 78 micrometers across – that the human eye can’t distinguish individual pixels. That makes text remarkably sharp and graphics incredibly vivid. IPS technology also provides excellent color and contrast from almost any viewing angle.

STAINLESS STEEL BAND:

The stainless steel band all around the iPhone 4

Created from Apple’s own alloy, then forged to be five times stronger than standard steel, the CNC-machined band is the mounting point for all the components of iPhone 4. The band provides impressive structural rigidity and allows for its incredibly thin, refined design. It also functions as both iPhone 4 antennas.

APPLE A4 PROCESSOR:

The Apple A4 Processor

Apple engineers designed the A4 chip to be a remarkably powerful yet remarkably power-efficient mobile processor. With it, iPhone 4 can easily perform complex jobs such as multitasking, editing video, and placing FaceTime calls. All while maximizing battery life.

GYRO + ACCELEROMETER:

The Accelerometer

iPhone 4 is the first phone with a built-in three-axis gyroscope. When paired with the accelerometer, it makes iPhone 4 capable of advanced motion sensing such as user acceleration, angular velocity, and rotation rate. Translation: More motion gestures and greater precision for an even better gaming experience.

CAMERA + LED:

The Camera and the LED

The iPhone 4 camera shoots gorgeous 5-megapixel photos and stunning HD video. And with its advanced backside illumination sensor, it captures beautiful images even in low-light settings. The built-in LED flash does double duty. When you’re taking pictures, it works as a flash. When you’re shooting video it can stay on to light up the scene. And on the front of iPhone 4, the built-in camera is perfect for making FaceTime calls and shooting self-portraits.

MIC + SPEAKER:

The Mic and Speaker

While most phones have only one microphone, iPhone 4 has two. The main mic, located on the bottom next to the dock connector, is for phone calls, voice commands, and memos. The second mic, built into the top near the headphone jack, is for FaceTime calls and for making your phone calls better. It works with the main mic to suppress unwanted and distracting background sounds, such as music and loud conversations. This dual-mic noise suppression helps make every conversation a quiet one.

FACETIME:

The Video conference facility in the new iPhone 4

People have been dreaming about video calling for decades. iPhone 4 makes it a reality. With just a tap, you can wave hello to your kids, share a smile from across the globe or watch your best friend laugh at your stories – iPhone 4 to iPhone 4 over Wi-Fi. No other phone makes staying in touch this much fun.

Two cameras, two views.

Phone 4 has two cameras: one on the front, which focuses on you. And one on the back, which focuses on everything else. FaceTime lets you switch back and forth between them at any time during a video call. All you have to do is tap a button.

——————————————————————————-

This is not where it ends. The iPhone is well equipped with many other features like HD Video recording, Folder for Apps, iBooks, Phone, email, iPod, Maps, Safari, amongst the endless additions.

PRICING:

Now here comes the big question. The iPhone 4 has not yet entered the Indian markets. In the U.S, the iPhone 4 will be priced at around $199. In India, the phone could be anywhere between Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 45,000. That could sound vague, but considering the current iPhone 3GS priced between Rs. 32,000 and Rs. 39,000, the iPhone 4 will surely be a costly bet.

The big question? How much are you willing to pay for the iPhone 4?

The writer is the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of Youth Ki Awaaz.

1. SAAHIL MENGHANI

The best part–> video calling.
    THe worst part–>Price, not only coz high cost wld make sure that it remains only a dream for a common man, but also coz it is unfair for those who ahve bought the 3gs 🙁 . I mean approximately same price, but Iphone is such a huge leap from its prequel.

By Manya Gupta

By Suman Pandit

By Gautami Nair