Top 10 Achievers of 2010

Shhravya Rav:

Success is not a race to the swift nor is it a battle to the strong. It is but the ultimate glory to the people who have mastered their minds and lived their dreams.

Here is a list of such people who found their place up the ladder. This is a compilation of the top Indians of 2010 who have toiled hard to get to where they are now.

1. Rahul Gandhi – This 40 year old has made his way to the top with his practicality and youthful vision. He doesn’t have a bookish perception and is like a breath of fresh air in the Congress party. This eligible bachelor has won boundless admirers both for his look and his outlook. This year has seen him striving hard to place his Amethi constituency on the national and international arena. He has had many interactive sessions with students all over the country and they opine that he has been very influential. Let us hope he keeps the good work going.
  2. Dr. D. Subbarao – He is one of the policy makers who have the ability to bring about the much needed change on the financial front. His timely measures have helped contain inflation and he is to be credited for all the fiscal reforms. He has laid emphasis on making a sustainable and high growth. He has also had the apex bank centering its efforts to financial sector reforms and managing price stability. He has an emphatic earnestness that is infectious. This man maybe takes the sole appreciation for putting us back on the path of self-sustenance.
  3. Nirupama Rao – This lady is a combination of good instincts and elegance. This first woman Foreign Secretary of India has been an inspiration to many other women. She is best known for her services as the Ambassador of India to China. She has been dealing with issues such as the Nuclear Disarmament, Non-Proliferation, and terrorism and is quite sincere in her approach to achieve this. Her strategies have helped strengthen our nation’s diplomatic relations. This topper of her batch makes her presence felt with her convincing forcefulness and cool confidence.
  4. A.R. Rahman – This Oscar-winning music composer needs no introduction. Ever since he won the Oscar he has been on a whirlwind tour doing concerts and making people realize the immense potential this country of our has. He is making waves with his amazing compositions in Raavan. He has made the world sit up and take notice of the abundant talent that this nation possesses. The most striking feature about the ‘Mozart of Madras’ as he is fondly known is his simplicity. He is also into charity. His behaviour throws no clue of the laurels (4 National Film Awards,14 Filmfare Awards, a Golden Globe Award, a BAFTA Award, 2 Academy Awards, 2 Grammy Awards) he has won. So, here’s hoping he’ll win us many more such laurels and awards.
  5. Narayana Murthy – He is a man destined to have a dazzling triumph and is a decided superiority in the industry today. This humble person who believes that innovation is the key to success is the brain behind Infosys. This gem has acquired the love and respect of almost 1,13,000 employees working in his organization. Even as he is considering retiring the next year, he is all set to gear up to a new project which would take Infosys to a new level. It would therefore be very appropriate to say that he has a dignified austerity and devouring ambition to stay on the top.
  6. Rajkumar Hirani – His movies have always compelled us to think and ponder over what might appear to be matters of no consequence but pose a grave threat. This director/screen writer/film editor doesn’t believe in formulae. His motion pictures tell stories that come from deep down the heart. He pours life into all his characters. How can we ever forget our very own ‘munnabhai’ and ‘circuit’? He has yet again delivered a good product in his latest flick ‘3 idiots’ and has given the nation a whole new maxim – “All izz Well!” We wish him good luck in all his future endeavours.
  7. Vishwanathan Anand – He has made us all proud by winning the World Chess Championship. This Padma Vibhushan recipient is one of the all-time greats in the world of chess yet, he is a very humble and simple person who has a knack with the white and black boxes. What began as a routine went on to being his profession. This five time top ranker is also a proud recipient of the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award. He is the ultimate czar in the chess world. He surely deserves to be mentioned in this list of top Indians of 2010.
  8. Siddharth Varadarajan – His criticism has given rest to all the faltering tongues. He has uncovered fatalistic truths by efficient journalism. He is currently the Strategic Affairs Editor of The Hindu. He has been very critical to the performance of UPA-II. His articles on India-Pakistan dialogue process, Terrorism, Nuclear Bill had very fine details and were reference material for students of Politics. He has given exposed issues that were swept under the rug specially the Nuclear Bill. He had also expressed the angst of our Indian sepoys who were denied visas by Canada. His fearless integrity and fine sensibilities make him stand above the crowd.
  9. Nandan Nilekani – He is the former CEO of Infosys and has left it to serve as the Chairman of the new Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). He has had a very successful career at Infosys but under an invitation from Dr. Manmohan Singh, he is now heading the prestigious UIDAI project. He has many awards under his belt and he is also a proud recipient of Padma Bhushan. This Bangalore born has taken it upon himself to see this UID project (which will link PAN card, Driving License, Bank Accounts, Passport Number, Address, Voter ID etc through a huge database) through. This person strongly believes in “think, exist and sustain”.
  10. Sushmita Sen – She is a woman with both beauty and brains. This ravishing beauty had put our nation on the top by winning India’s first Miss Universe title sixteen years ago. The model-turned-actor has now ventured into entrepreneurship following the footsteps of counterparts Shilpa Shetty and Preity Zinta and has left everyone behind with her production company ‘Tantra Entertainment’ which has sent a franchisee to the Miss Universe pageant — I am She. “I am She has” also collaborated with 5 NGOs each working for a social cause which makes it all the more meaningful. This elegant but poised lady has taken a lead to groom today’s woman to redefine and rediscover herself. Now 34, Ms.Sen had set a precedent for other women to follow by adopting girls Renee and recently Alisah. This graceful and charming lady added the words courage and determination to womanhood.

The bottom line is that anything you could ever want or be, you already have and are. So, when will you be up there?

Have more to add? Drop a comment below and voice your opinion.

1. Mollie Yarmdo

I think the Junfim De Colies is one of the most insprieing popel throughour htgha worl!

2. Mollie Yarmdo

I larve you xx

By Kanchan Bhatra

By Aditya Sen