By Snigdha Seksaria:
Today, becoming an entrepreneur (businessman) seems to be looked at by the youth as a very attractive option.Â And why not?Â Given a choice, majority of today’s youth would chose controlling over serving, creating over selling and running one’s own business over working for another.
If you are confused, and looking for reasons as to which path you should follow, here are ten propositions which should lead you to “mind your own business”:
- The rapidly growing industrial sector (in India especially) provides a plethora of opportunities even for fresh graduates or young minds with little or no experience as opposed to the highly rigid, red-tape ridden systems of older generations.
- Full creative freedom and innovative experiments can be carried out in one’s own business which is rarely permitted in the service sector. There are no boundaries.
- There is something for everyone. Today, no business is big or small. It is success that matters. Even selling something as indigenous as boiled corn can make you earn millions. You just have to know how and when to execute your plans.
- Resources are in abundance, and again there is something for everyone. Just search at the right places and you will soon have the best, to create your best.
- Networking and promotion is as easy as the click of a mouse (both literally and figuratively) in today’s digital era, spreading the word is not difficult. So go out there and tell the world what you’ve got for them. And soon you’ll have the world, at your feet.
- A feel good factor will be one of the best returns you will be getting out of your successful business. And even if you fail in the first few attempts, it will only drive you to work more and harder. Opposed to which you might have been cursing your work conditions, your office and most probably your boss, even if you were working at the swankiest MNC around.
- You are at your disposal. And you are responsible for yourself. Being in control is one of the most incomparable feelings which I’m sure most of you will agree to. Plus, everyone loves to be their own boss.
- You will make more mistakes but you will also learn faster and better when working independently.
- The risk creates excitement in the work pattern in contrast to the ultra-safety-bound boring service jobs with added advantages to lure the youth of today.
- Lastly, the sky is the limit. There is no stopping you once you decide to get it all. Work to your heart’s content, and earn in proportion.
So if you are looking for some interesting busy-ness, go for your own business! But remember, its not a cake walk, it is only hard and sustained work that can get you up there.
Youth Ki Awaaz is an open platform where anybody can publish. This post does not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions.