Arunachal Pradesh: The Land of the Rising Sun

By Chandeep Arora:

When was the last time you found space between your work and life? When was the last time you took a leisurely walk on the calm beach? When was the last time you had a cup of coffee with a stranger? If this was a long time ago, you are suffering from the lack of an adventurous trip. We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, adventure and charm. There is no end to the adventure we can have, only if we seek it with open eyes. Travelling is a perennial source of pleasure and inoculates in us the feeling of ecstasy.

Tucked away in the north-eastern part of India, there lies a mysterious, miraculous and mystical land, Arunachal Pradesh. Known as the land of the rising sun, it forms one of the most compelling holiday destinations of India. From the snow capped mountains to the unruffled streams, it offers a wide range of interest. There are a number of travel circuits available for the tourists. The TEZPUR – BHALUKPONG – BOMDILA — TAWANG circuit takes the visitors from Tezpur in the plains of Assam to the Tawang monasteries at a height of 10,000 feet above the Tawang valley. It is believed to have one of the largest monasteries of the world after the Lhasa. The Banga Jang range, a fabulous design of the nature, has pilgrims from all over the world to acquire heavenly bliss and purity. You will sense your tribulations vanishing in the clouds of the stunning panorama. You will also find a touch of adventure in the region with the availability of a number of trekking routes. Another important destination in the course consists of Tipi, which has over 500 different varieties of orchids growing copiously in different parts of Arunachal Pradesh. Parsuram kund which comes in the TINSUKIA – TEZU — PARASURAMKUND circuit is a place of religious importance. It is said that Parsuram washed away the sin of killing his mother in the waters of Brahm Kund. On the eve of Makar Sakranti, a mela is organized where people wash away their sins. A wide range of Fauna is also found in the Namdapha national park, consisting of all the four genus of wild cats, the tiger, the leopard, the snow leopard and the clouded leopard. Itanagar, the State Capital, has Geker Sinyi (Ganga lake), a beautiful spot for picnic, outing and boating, the Jawaharlal Nehru Museum, the Ita-Fort, Buddhist Temple etc. A place of historical significance, Roing is known for the the fort of Bhishmaknagar built with clay bricks and embellished with pottery. From some distance from Roing, is the Mehao Lake which forms the part of Mehao wildlife sanctuary. It is a vast lake with the surroundings rich in flora and fauna. Water of the Lake is absolutely crystal clear and a walk around the lake is a divine pleasure and a bringer of peacefulness.

It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves, in finding themselves. The dark forest with the sugary chirping of birds, the fierce river with the unruffled sound of the stream, the giant mountains with the feeling of conquering, are some of the things that makes Arunachal Pradesh audacious. As the great saying goes “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page”. So pack your bags, throw away your bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Dream. Discover! BON VOYAGE!

1. Sourish

i feel nostalgic when i see these pictures . spend my childhood here

1. YouthKiAwaaz

Oh really? That’s great to know. Tell us more about it 🙂

2. Sourish

i used to live in a place called Longding , its a remote area , not close to Bomdila . I’ve never been to Bomdila … but the rainbows , the pink flowers in the picture , waterfall … it was very common . i miss it

3. aatif

Lovely image , will love to go their .

4. Sunia Mukherjee

Beautiful read. Very well written.

By Meir Syed

By Ruchi Bhalla

By Danish Syed