Youth Ki Awaaz Amongst World”s Best in E-Content [World Summit Youth Award]

When Youth Ki Awaaz was started in 2008, the main aim was to present thoughts on various political, social and environmental issues. What started out as a personal blog soon emerged as one of the strongest voices of youth in the nation. Making effective use of new media and online journalism, Youth Ki Awaaz took the path of using internet as a route to reach out to the urban-educated youth, capable of making a change.

Today, as I write this post, it gives me immense pleasure to announce that Youth Ki Awaaz has been awarded the World Summit Youth Award for best practices in e-content and technology creativity. The award (http://www.youthaward.org) is given to select youth from across the globe who use web and mobile technology to reduce poverty and hunger, tackle ill-health, gender inequality, lack of education, lack of access to clean water, and environmental degradation, all part of the United Nation’s Millenium Development Goals. The 18 World Summit Youth Award winners for 2010 have been selected out of 630 applicants from 102 UN member states. Youth Ki Awaaz has received this award for the category “Education for all”.

This certainly is the best thing 2010 could offer us, and trust me, the journey would not have been more exciting and motivating had you not been there. Each and every reader has been the reason why the whole Youth Ki Awaaz team has been working harder by the day to present the exclusive compelling content online. The readers and their thought provoking comments have been the reason why we developed as a platform, why we trusted that yes, change is possible; yes, we are one; yes, when the youth decides that enough is enough — no one can stop them.

The whole team plus the readers plus the critics, all have contributed equally in setting a new benchmark for us everyday, every moment.

On behalf of the whole team —

Thanking you,

Anshul Tewari
Founder and Editor-in-Chief
Youth Ki Awaaz: Mouthpiece for the Youth
@anshul_tewari

1. Shraddha Sankhe

Congratulations!

2. kartik

hey…congats…to all of us at YKA…big boost…but still miles to go before we sleep…actually we never sleep…coz this is the youth…at its bst…

3. Sadhogopal Ram

Heartiest Congratulations to the entire YKA Team.

Keep Growing 🙂

4. Sanjay Uvach

Congrats Anshul! Yet another feather in your cap.

5. Abhirup Bhunia

Superb achievement, this has been one of the tallest accomplishments for YKA. A truly global recognition. Wish YKA climbs new heights by the day:)

6. Renie Ravin

Congratulations Anshul, to you and your team – well deserved! 🙂

– Renie & The IndiBlogger Team

7. Raghav

Great work Guys…really AWESOME CONGRATULATIONS:)

8. Abhilasha Singh

Many Many congratulations to you and everyone behind this dream of yours 🙂

9. swati poddar

congratulations!!

10. Ayodhya

many many congratulations to the entire team of ‘YOUTH KI AWAAZ’!!!!!!!!
    AWESOME…..
    U all deserved this……….agin congratzzzzzz

11. Ravi

Congrats! Proud of you & YKA!

12. Guha Rajan

Congrats!.. Anshul & team

13. Sudheendra

Congos bro

14. ramna

good…………. thumb up

By Bashiruddin Faruki

By Navya Shorey

By Manya Srivastava