Reservation: Understanding The Past, Present And Solutions [RESEARCH]

By Sumedha Upadhyay:

We live in a free country and this freedom is a gift of democracy to us. Our constitution gives us the right to freedom and most importantly to exercise this freedom in an equitable manner. At the same time it is incumbent on the part of the state to ensure that equality prevails in all sections of the society.

However in today’s time one of the major roadblocks to this equality is the Reservation System.

India being a developing nation is currently facing many challenges and the reservation system being one of them. The biggest question that lies in front of us is whether implementing this reservation system has really helped the downtrodden?  The current scenario clearly depicts that the ‘lower’ castes are still discriminated in their daily lives. To uproot casteism it is important that we fight the reservation system which alone will lead us to development, competency, equality and unity.

The reservation system finds its origin in the age-old caste system of India. The caste system at its birth was meant to divide people on the basis of their occupation like teaching and preaching (Brahmins), kingship and war (Kshatriya) and lastly business(vaish) etc. but soon it became an instrument to divide the society on caste-basis, creating various walls between different sections of the society. Today we stand divided widely into Hindu, Muslim, SC, ST & OBCs with newer reservations coming up for other different sections of the society like Christians, Kashmiris, Jats, Kashmiri Pandits, Tribals etc.

Firstly we need to understand that the reservation system only divides the society leading to discrimination and conflicts between different sections. It is oppressive and does not find its basis in casteism. It is actually the antithesis of a communal living.

Currently, as per the government policy, 15% of the government jobs and 15% of the students admitted to universities must be from Scheduled castes and for the Scheduled tribes there is a reservation of about 7.5 %. Other than this, the state governments also follow their own reservation policies respectively based upon the population constitution of each state. So nearly 50% seats are reserved.

The Mandal commission was established in 1979 by the central government to identify the socially or educationally backward people. It was also set up to consider the question of seat reservations and quotas for people to redress caste discrimination. It used social, economic, and educational indicators to determine backwardness. But today are these reservations actually being utilized on the above mentioned factors? The answer is prima facie ‘NO’ because the benefits are being stolen away by the creamy layer.

The 93rd Constitutional Amendment allows the government to make special provisions for “advancement of any socially and educationally backward classes of citizens”, including their admission in aided or unaided private educational institutions. Gradually this reservation policy is to be implemented in private institutions and companies as well. This move led to opposition from non-reserved category students, as the proposal reduced seats for the General (non-reserved) category from the existing 77.5% to less than 50.5% (since members of OBCs are also allowed to contest in the General category).

Article 15(4) of our constitution empowers the government to make special provisions for advancement of backward classes. Similarly Article 16 provides for equality of opportunity in matters of employment or appointment to any post under the State.

“Clause 2 of article 16 lays down that no citizen on grounds of religion, race, caste, sex, descent, place of birth, residence or any of them be discriminated in respect of any employment or office under the State.”

However clause 4 of the same article provides for an exception by conferring a certain kind of power on the government:

“it empowers the state to make special provision for the reservation of appointments of posts in favour of any backward class of citizens which in the opinion of the state are not adequately represented in the services”

Thus two conditions have to be satisfied:

1. The class of citizens is backward
  2. The said class is not adequately represented.

In a case Balaji v/s State of Mysore (AIR 1963 SC649) it was held that ‘caste of a person cannot be the sole criteria for ascertaining whether a particular caste is backward or not. Determinants such as poverty, occupation, place of habitation may all be relevant factors to be taken into consideration. The court further held that it does not mean that if once a caste is considered to be backward it will continue to be backward for all other times. The government should review the test and if a class reaches the state of progress where reservation is not necessary it should delete that class from the list of backward classes.’

What is surprising is that our constitution clearly is a reservation-friendly constitution but nowhere in the constitution is the term ‘backward classes defined. What actually constitutes a backward class? What are the determinants of a backward class? These questions remain unanswered and it is only with the help of judicial pronouncements that they have been given some meaning. Question arises how can reservations be made for something that has not been defined?

Today when a student applies for an admission in any university, the admission forms are filled with questions like ‘Are you SC/ST or OBC or General Category?’ How does it matter which category does he belong to, what matters is his merit. A category cannot decide whether he is eligible for admission or not. There many economically worse off children belonging to the forward classes but they cannot get the fruits of such reservation merely by virtue of belonging to the ‘general’ category. Sometimes these children belonging to the backward classes do not even deserve and still possess the necessary merit as against a child who studied very hard for months to get a seat, thereby snatching away that seat just because he comes from a particular religion or caste for which our government provides reservation.

Reservation should be purely made on the basis of the economical conditions of the applicant and nothing else. The kind of reservation policy that our government currently follows does nothing but divide the society into different sections.

When the then HRD minister Mr. Arjun Singh introduced 27.5% reservation for OBC in centrally funded educational institutes including IIMs and IITs a petition was moved to the President and the Prime Minister stating that such a reservation will take India back from where she is today. Further “everyone understands the need for all sections of the Indian Society to get an opportunity to be a part of this economy but reservation based on caste is not an answer to this. These policies have been in India since the last 50 years and they have failed to meet their objectives. The government should go into the reasons of the failure. Many students don’t make it to the institutes because of the economic reasons and those who do not fall in the reservation criteria don not get a fair opportunity too”.

To remove this evil it suggested the following:

1. Make education mandatory and free for all till age of 15
  2. Propose reservation based on economic status
  3. Provide opportunity to students to earn while they study.

Instead of introducing reservations for these backward classes what is required is to bring about revolutionary changes in our education system at the grass-root level. When proper education is not provided to children belonging to such categories during the primary stage itself then on what basis are the reservations provided at a subsequent stage.

Reservations are nothing but means to prosper the vote banks of politicians. They are hindering the country’s growth, development and competency in all aspects. On one hand the preamble of our constitution states that we are a free, democratic and sovereign nation and on the other hand reservation system is chaining all these aspects into its clutches. It is creating disparity and differences amongst the people. The constitution lays down that every child has a right to education and no where expresses that any child belonging to a backward class has a little more of this right than the general category. By reserving one category against another creates a feeling of division which is now resulting in a chaos with every small section of the society asking for it.

Reservations on the basis of caste and not on the basis of condition are bad and unacceptable. Fair and just reservations to uplift the people with poor conditions of life, those who don’t have meals to eat, clothes to wear and no home to live in. They shall be made on the basis of factors such as gender as women are more disadvantaged than men since primitive times, domicile, family education, family employment, family property, family income and if any disabilities and traumas. The process of reservation should be such that it filters the truly economically deprived individuals and bring them all to justice.

Thus reservations are anti-thesis of development and equality. We don’t need reservations based on castes or religion but only to actually provide aid to those who have minimal resources; and merit should be given equal  and due importance in admission procedures as well employment opportunities. This way we would be successful in removing caste discrimination and unite the economically rich together in helping the economically poor, irrespective of their castes.

1. Akshay Vikas

As educated Indians, most of us have, at some point or the other of their lives, either benefitted from or suffered due to reservation policies. Thus, it is very difficult for us to give honest and impartial views on such issues.

1. shiksha

Once my grand mother told me that they (general caste people ) do not allow us to walk on slippers ????????.My grandmothers first baby died due to non hygienic water because general people did not allow them to touch their water sources(natural).
      My dad ..He was not allowed to sit in front row..????bt my dad never told me anything about all castism..bt now I m thinking that even today my dad is a army officer and my general cast friends dad is at below rank in army..still my dad has noT a big house in city…bt my friends dad is owner of 2 houses…In my college no 1 professor of my caste…y? Not a teacher of our caste in school….y? ..kya unka parai m Mann n lgta tha? Ya unhe parne he nhi diya jata tha….kya unke paaw m pain n hota hoga jb meri dad log Un logo ka kaam krne field m jate the…????remaining a lot….bt once guys whoever sc St general just ask ur grandfathers .

2. akshay manwar

I am completly agree with your statment about castism…its true.

2. Abhishek Singh Azad

We lives in a country where surname is important than your position in most of the places. Surname and Caste decides who is above and who is below. Reservation was there for the Socially  backward classes because it was assumed that when these Socially backward classes will be equal to other Higher Caste or Class then there will be no need of any type of caste based reservation….. but even today there are several places where equality is not there, as we may see in our daily life.

3. rakesh sharma

i dont know if the constitution mentions class or caste as a base for providing reservations but what is there in govt policy is not class it is caste.class differences are to be taken in the economic disparities and not on the basis of the family you were born in.also it will therefore be unconstitutional to provide reservations on the basis of caste if class is provided as a basis in the constitution.

1. Rahul

To The Youth ki Awaz,
      Kindly change your post or remove it. Because you have not made an adequate research about Indian History, Indian Class system since Rigved Period and after the vedic period. You have not made research on Indian society before constitution and after 50 years of constitution. I will request you that made all this research first and then tell me what is the real problem of Indian Society, Indian development, You had easily point out reservation as India’s one of the biggest problem. Do you know is it really problem or solution for Millions of people of India?
      Not reservation but Corruption is main problem in India. Unused or less used youth is problem in India. Costly higher education, Favorism, all these problem lies in India.
      So make proper study, and then post something.

4. kishor

Reservation is based on caste . Caste system is only resposible for introduction of reaservation system. Education was denied to the shudras(OBC) and untouchable(SC and ST). Due to lack of education , shudra people lost their vision, morale,efficiency, wealth and power. Priest become God (Bhudeva) and without doing any work ,Priest looted poor shudra since his birthday till his death by preaching false religious rite and by demanding heavy gifts from Shudras.They were harassed by upper caste ( which are only 10 to 15% of all population) by denying equal opportunity to shudra in social life.
    Acoording to census there are 50% OBC caste, 16% SC caste and 7.5% ST caste . By giving 50 % reservation 80% population is nothing but justice denied to poor people who are victims of caste system.
    The word reservation is wrongly introduced , the exact word should be representation .

1. Nilam

U r absolutely right kishore… Caste base is the root of this reservation… Those who want to abolishe reservation should abolishe caste system and if they can't then they don't have any right to oppose reservation

2. Nilam

You r right kishor..The main root of reservation is caste system..those who r opposing reservation should abolish cast system and if they can't then they don't have any right to oppose reservation system..that's it

3. Youth

zyada bond mat bano.. free ka maal mil raha hai to loot rahe ho.. tumme aur puranae zamane ke logon main kya antar hai.. us samay.. bhi caste ko dhaal bana kar doosre log fayade uthatae the.. aaj tum utha rahe ho reservation ko caste ki dhaal bana kara.. isliye ye bakwas to karo hi mat ki ye tumhara adhikar hai… adhikar hota hai barabari se na ki nepotism aur castism se… ek bhaisahab ne upar likha hai ki unhe achaa ghar nahin mil pa raha unki caste ki vajah se .. abey kaun se yug main rahte ho aur kisko chutiya bana rahe ho.. kuch bhi bakwaas likh do ke to vo sach nahin ho jayega…ek aur mahunubhav hai jinhone likha hai. general category ko 50% reservation mil raha hai, abey ghadhe 50% seats open for all hoti hain.. usse 50% reservation nahin hota hai.. I belong to SC category… aur mujhe pata hai ki.. keval vo generation SC reservation ka fayda utha rahi hai… jinke parents well settled hai.. aam SC tak to iska fayda pahunch hi nahin pa raha hai… jinki ek generation reservation ka fayda utha chuki hai.. unhe reservation nahin milna chahiye

5. Kashyap Vyas

Dear Sumedha,

Read your article on Indian Constitution. It is excellent on all counts.

I am the founder of Janhit Manch (www.janhitmanch.org) and Forum For Fast Justice (www.fastjustice.org). We are in Mumbai.

If you are in Delhi, I will be there during 14-17th July July and will be staying at India International Centre. I will talk to you if you can mail your cell no. It will be my pleasure to meet an intelligent law student like you.

With regards.

(Bhagvanji Raiyani)
    Chairman and Managing Trustee,
    Forum For Fast Justice.
    09820403912

6. Prasnata Kr. Dey

Now a day , We live in a horrible situation. Just imagine Class One (1) class student asked her teacher about reservation . Because her Friends ( S.C., S.T) friend get cloth from School and She Did not.

I know reservation Must be needed , but how long time ? Who are the Minority .?

One thing I believe ” In all over the World there are Two Class, Two religions ,
    Those are : i) Rich
    ii) Poor
    If reservation Must needed then reserve the B.P.L., & other people who really Needy . Plz , wake Up, It time to Do. Not for discussion ……
    ( Prasanta Kumar Dey,) send mail :- Pk21251@gmail.com

7. Deepinder Singh Sandhu

I think the Seat Reservation system started by the Congress government of India is absolutely ridicolous. The BJP to followed this Vote Policy, but they don’t think that the General Category will vote against them. If there is Reservation Policy let it be for the poor people Below Poverty Line & not for those SC, ST & OBC above poverty line & being Middle class or rich. The government one day will have to pay for this. They can’t do this punishable act against most of the Indians. This should be banned & the Freedom of Equality should be given to every one of Indian people.

1. sumedha

i totally agree with your statements.

2. Voncile

Deep thought! Thanks for contrbiiutng.

8. siddharth

i have seen even the reserved students feeling humiliated when they are asked by their batchmates that if they have got the seat on category basis…..what i want to assert is that merit comes to play now or then…the placement of a college would be 70% , the ones who would remain would largely consist of these reserved people only……..instead of spoon-feading such people the govt. requires to financially support the people with poor financial background and ensure that a skilled and talented generation makes it to the elite institutes of the country……..

9. taisha

hey sumedha, im really impressed by your article.im doing my research on the reservation policy of India.Could you please give me your views on reservation?..my research question is; ” Is there a direct link between reservation policy and the ultimate goal of equality?
    thankyou

1. sumedha

hey Taisha

could you please provide me with your email id or write to me?

sumedha64@gmail.com

2. Manoj

well, sumedha Best way to remove cast ism is shuffling required from government. 1. Remove titles in front of names 2. Education – Hindu follow vedas / so vedic must be taught in children so they respect each others profession …… a bhramin child can be a good Sudra , a Kshatriya child can be good bhramin , a vaishyas child can a good Kshatriya . it depends on their profession they like to do and its called as varnas , i have not read vedas ..i believe solution is in it. 3. Each village will have its people work on R&D for progress of their village , so that each person know each other in their village and keep peace and harmony and also development.

10. Kranthi

when i was doing my graduate course, my HOD(head of the dept a Brahmin himself) had complained my dad about my behavior in college. He told my dad that all my friends are Brahmin’s. he even threatened my dad the he will make me fail in the exam. i didn’t know about this until i failed in exam continuously. i didn’t care for the HOD’s words, nor my father advice everything was over and i started afresh. now i feel i am protected from few at-least because i have reservation. Brahmin’s are worst humans. the gene will not alter even for 1000years. such experience will haunt every backward class Indian. untouchable, atrocity, still exist in India.

1. indian

same goes for you people who just think about casts

2. sham

Mr. Dont count all the brahmins are same. ok.. what about those have sacrifies their life to give us independence have you forgot that? we have studied with sc and obc people and even we go for muslim friends house and join in their festivals. and now my employee is a sc candidate. and u people are enjoying the reservation and utilizing this . can you tell me a sc canditates father is a managing director and having a banglow and bank balance maintaning two cars and his children or grand childrens needs a reservation ??? is salman khurshid’s grand children needs reservation ? No Then make a reservation those are really poor and financially back word ….. being a human have u ever raised ur voices for general people?
      politicians devide us and militants united us. Due to political gain politicians playing with indians mind it.

3. Ashwani

Hi Sham, you are right that not all the brahmins are alike, good or bad. I have read the comments posted by our people. I find some comments logical, but most of the comments seems to be superficial. Leaving the superficial comments behind, lets talk about the logical ones where it appears that the main aim is to eradicate this caste based systems, be it reservation in Govt. services, schools, hospitals or any other public organisation. I want to ask one question, are you comfortable with the thought of marrying your kins in the family of lower caste people??? (Even if they are financially sound)??? If you seriously want to get rid off this caste based system, just start accepting the people from lower castes as your own people and start making relations with them, the reservation system then will not have any meaning and it will vanish its own. Marry your sons/daughters in the family of SCs/STs and you will find the gap reducing and there will be no upper-caste or lower-caste people, only Indians. pL Give it a thought..

4. srilatha

ooops!1u mentioned dont count all d brahmins same.. i would say dat dont count all d sc n st’s same coz not every one r equally well developed or rich as salman kurshid!!

5. Srinidhi Singh

there is a difference in lack of intelligence and lower cast

6. Ashwani

Not much ma’m, if you do not allow someone a good education, make them feel untouchable, crush their dignity for years, that person from lower caste will certainly become inferior to those given all the facilities and respect in the society… please think about it…

If you seriously want to get rid off this caste based system, just start accepting the people from lower castes as your own people and start making relations with them, the reservation system then will not have any meaning and it will vanish its own. Marry your sons/daughters in the family of SCs/STs and you will see the gap reducing and there will be no upper-caste or lower-caste people, only Indians.

7. vg

man some brahmins are bad so for that you give punishment all other good brahmin or open category who want to go to a particular college and they have nothing to do with destroying ur future

8. Ashwani

Dear vg, its not about some brahmins… its the mentality and attitude we have towards everything we come in contact. We just think about ourselves and not about the society as a whole. I am not surprised that you just made this gross problem of Caste System in our country, a small insignificant issue. You are only bothered about the seats reserved for SC/ST in Govt. institutions. You termed it as a “Punishment to all brahmins” if some seats (15+7.5%) are reserved for people who have been exploited for generations… wow!!! You completely ignored the bigger picture of the society … where one lot of people in our society have been denied basic rights viz. education, right to enter in a temple, forced to do dirty jobs, denied any respect in society for thousands of years and sadly it is still going on. Who is responsible for all this ..please think about it. If you are not responsible for all this, you have not either tried to set things right. Because, somewhere in your heart, you also believe in this age old caste system especially when it suits you. I may be wrong, but then, you have done nothing to prove me wrong. I want to ask onequestion, are you comfortable with the thought of marrying your kins in the family of lower caste people??? If you seriously want to get rid off this caste based system, just start accepting the people from lower castes as your own people and start making relations with them, the reservation system then will not have any meaning and it will vanish its own. Marry your sons/daughters in the family of SCs/STs and you will see the gap reducing and there will be no upper-caste or lower-caste people, only Indians.

9. anonymous

next time you comment on such articles, better say oc or general category but not brahmins.dont you dare comment on brahmins who are mostly living in pathetic conditions due to reservations and lack of governemt support and on top of all this people like you who only like to spread hatred. and you expect fair treatment when you are full of hatred. you try to be fair and behave like a human with no feelings abiut caste and you will have a right to expect the same from others

11. shanu

thax 4 this article

12. Zhang Lui

It is really intresting article. But these SC, ST, BC and OBC’s are comming to China they never mentioned about it. How these people they look like? Are they mentally having problems? Or Physically they have problems? Or are they some sort of defect people?
    And why Indian Government they never mentioned these things in there passports? So we don’t allow such type of SC, ST, BC and OBC people.
    It is very article and we must stop these type of bad people in our society.

1. Subodh Kumar Meghwal

The main objective of the Indian reservation system is to increase the social and educational status of the underprivileged communities, enabling them to take their rightful place in Indian society. The reservation system exists to provide opportunities for the members of the SCs and STs so as to increase their representation in the legislature, the executive of the nation and states, the labor force, schools, colleges, and other social institutions.

2. vg

what are u still poor huh………..why rich sc st obc should get reservations?

3. Ashwani

Mr Zhang Lui, if you have read the history, you must have some idea about the colonization of China by foreign countries like, France, Germany, Britain etc. Just imagine, how these colonized Chinese people were treated by the foreign rulers and how important it was to get rid off this Foreign Rule by Chinese people. I hope you can understand that to live a dignified life a revolution was needed to overthrow the oppressive rulers. In India, we have Caste System here to exploit the poor people. These SC/ST people are poor Indians enslaved by powerful Indians, so called Upper Caste people. So you see, the SC/ST are not defective people or bad people. They are simply downtrodden people. Don’t worry, you do not have to stop them. They are as laborious and harmless as anybody else in this Universe.

13. Subodh Kumar Meghwal

If there is someone there who thinks that once the scheduled caste people become rich there life is easy listen to this. A person from the village came in search of job to Mumbai. After all “Mumbai is a land of opportunities”. He soon became rich through sheer hardwork and determination. After he had enough money to live in comfort for the rest of the day…s of his life he went back to his native village. To help the villagers he dug a borewell on his land. He was found dead the very next day. And why you may ask? He was killed by the rich “higher caste” land owners because they believed that a low caste has no right to dig borewell on his own land. So even his coming up in life didn’t change the way ‘the pure caste’ saw him. And the sad part is that a person’s caste is decided by birth.So while in Cities you mayn’t notice the caste system it is very much there.

1. vg

so for things going on in village u will punish the one in cities …………………….thats very bad we students never discriminated u we started when we came to know that u are getting admin to college less marks than us where we were not able to get

2. Ashwani

I agree Subodh… We must join hands to eradicate this Casteism from India… This is possible only when we share and educate our countrymen about the atrocities the SCs/STs are facing…. and ask for an answer from those who are responsible for it.

14. Rajat Maheshwari

This article was simply awesome.I also praise that there should be only economic reservation and not any caste reservation.I think we should give our effort to make people educated,so that they come to know their rights and not by giving oppurtunity to those who don’t deserve that by reservation.There are many people who belongs to general category are more poor than those of backward class,then how can our system give rise to this reservation system just by saying that those people belong to backward class.

1. sumedha

thank you so much Rajat for your comments. I really hope a day comes in this country when we dont have to write about all this and there are only good things to write upon.

Best

2. Asmi

Dear Sumedha, i am a class 12 student and belong to a middle class family. Although, i myself have not really faced any discrimination being a backward but that’s also partly true because most people just can’t figure out
      that i am one as my
      surname won’t reveal my
      caste;i still find myself
      unable to understand that
      why the priests and the
      shankaracharyas and
      almost all kinds of heads of
      temples that are spread all
      over the nation and outside,
      whether big or small
      temples, why are they all
      under the sole representaton of only
      the brahmins and/or the
      forward classes?Isn’t that
      another form of reservation
      that needs to be dealt with?
      Now, to some, i may seem
      to be going off at a
      completely different tangent
      but if you give it a thought just once by viewing this as
      the bigger picture of discrimination and caste bias in our country, it’d be probably then,when u realise what needs to be uprooted.

3. Ashwani

Why don’t you say that there should not be any Caste System in India ??? Because it suits you… you only show your apprehension when it comes to Caste Based Reservation. Eradicate Caste System first, then talk about Reservation. And only you, the upper caste people of India, the creator of Caste System, can actually eradicate Caste System. How ?? ….Just start accepting the people from lower castes as your own people and start making relations with them, the reservation system then will not have any meaning and it will vanish its own. Marry your sons/daughters in the family of SCs/STs and you will find the gap reducing and there will be no upper-caste or lower-caste people, only Indians.

15. Shreyasi

U are exactly right sumedha, reservation is the reason of discrimnation faced by our society . we need to take urgent step on it rather then just pondering over it then only our nation and people living in it will prosper.

1. Ashwani

No, my dear Shreyasi, its not Reservation. Reservation has come in our lives only recently, after Independence. Whereas, the caste based discrimination has been there for thousands of years…So please get your facts clear before commenting on this sensitive issue. You have to eradicate Caste System before removing Caste Based Reservations…

2. Asmi

I couldn’t agree more, Ashwani. But the noticeable thing here is that none of these so called supporters of “anti caste based reservations” and “equality for one and for all” seem to actually oppose the whole idea and concept of the caste system itself. Many of them hardly realise the fact that reservations are made well and truly for the proper representation of the oppressed people. Why do the forward classes always quibble about eradicating the reservation system when they themselves have introduced the very concept of caste based bias in the hearts and minds of the people.

16. Shreyasi joshi

I totally agree with u sumedha.Development of any nation is hindered by inequality among masses and that is what reservation has done.we need to take urgent step on this matter rather then just pondering over it.

17. amit

Hi Everyone

I am also one of the supporter of those people who are against reservation system. That’s why I am going to start my own website on this and not only this but where we will also discuss other social issues in India.
    About reservation system, it is totally discriminating. As Kishore has mentioned in his comments that bcz in old era Brahmins were used to harass Backward classes and bcz of that they lost their vision and were not allowed to go to schools. So they were thrown into darkness of illiteracy and poverty. But even if that is true it doesn’t mean now Government should do same with General Class. But on other side Government should give equal rights to everyone rather discriminating us on the base of caste. Also 50 + years is a long time to achieve that objective to uplift backward classes and if government couldn’t achieve that yet then it can’t achieve it ever.
    Rather this reservation system is still creating a wall between us by discriminating us on the base of caste system. Like this we can never forget that we are from different castes and can never go together.
    We should give it a deep thought and bring a change.

1. Ashwani

Hi Amit, I agree with your vision to vanish discriminating practices be it Reservation or Caste System itself. I also agree that the Caste Based Reservation could not do full justice with downtrodden people in the last 50+ years. But I have to admit and you have to agree that it certainly helped many to come out and achieve success in their lives to some extent. The Caste Based Reservation was not primarily to create equality among people of India. It came into existence to give the socially backward people, those who were exploited for generations, in fact more than thousands of years, a chance to come into the mainstream and uplift the quality of their lives. If you want to create equality, you have to eradicate completely the Caste System from our country. This can be achieved only by accepting these SC/ST people as your own and start making relations with them. Marry your sons/daughters in the family of SCs/STs and you will see the gap reducing and there will be no upper-caste or lower-caste people, only Indians. The reservation system then will not have any meaning and it will vanish its own… Give it a thought my fellow..

2. Sony

1000+ yrs of reservation for upper castes vs 50 yrs ….think

18. nishit ranjan

superb

1. Ashwani

…apply your mind first..

19. arpeeta basu

i have read your article. its wonderful.i want to be in touch with you for my research project.i am a student of political science from calcutta university.please help!

1. Sumedha

Hi Arpeeta, I am sorry for the late reply, but do let me know if you still need any help on this front. you can contact me on my e mail : sumedha64@gmail.com

20. Srk7azad

i think you are not aware of worst impact of caste system on the lower caste people in a country like India where govt. is formed whether union or state, with the support of some particular caste or community….. Am sorry to say but if u want to remove reservation system based on caste, firstly remove the caste system. If there would be no caste then there would be no caste based discrimination and there wont be any need of caste based reservation. Because for e.g. if you think there should not be reservation on economic basis then firstly you have to remove the difference between rich and poor in the same way as said earlier……..  The reservation is given to uplift the particular caste of the society.

21. Manoj

We should not allow such reservation on cast basis. Any amount of financial help for poor but meritoreous students s fine. Those who believe so, shall meet Primeminister at Lal Quila on 15 Aug. Let us send this to all in our email address book, for vast publicity for this noble cause.

1. Ashwani

This cause is not noble my dear Manoj… The Nobel Cause would be ” Let’s join hands to remove Caste System from this Great Country”… Think about it.

22. komal sihag

thats amzg  article , would like 2 apprecate u ….

as per me thts the truth bt if it is said that India provides equality to al that would be competely wrong coz sc / st / obcs are gettg reservations  then wt abt fcs they r educated & sittg at home its idiotic
    ya reservation must not be provided on the basis of caste bt on other factors like economic , there status or wt so ever 
           THIS TOPIC IS QUITE COMPLICATED IT DO HAVE MERITS & DEMERITS WCH MIGHT BE Conflicting FROM Everyone VIEW………

1. Ashwani

You know, based on caste system, many were not allowed to educate themselves for thousands of years, from generations to generations… was according to you right?? I think yes, because it suited you, you never raised your voice against Caste System of India…. the main aim is to eradicate this caste based systems, be it reservation in Govt. services, schools, hospitals or any other public organisation. I want to ask one, are you comfortable with the thought of marrying your kins in the family of lower caste people??? If you seriously want to get rid off this caste based system, just start accepting the people from lower castes as your own people and start making relations with them, the reservation system then will not have any meaning and it will vanish its own. Marry your sons/daughters in the family of SCs/STs and you will see the gap reducing and there will be no upper-caste or lower-caste people, only Indians.

23. Ravi Kukreja

Solution to the Big Issue:
    I think from the time the concept of reservation has started, people who have already been benefited with the reservation; their siblings, parents, future generations must not be considered for reservation as they must have already “uplifted the social status” of their family. which was the sole objective of the reservation. I personally feel that I being A Talented Young Male Middle-class Hindu so called citizen of India is being demoralized and being forced to withdraw my whole faith from education and legislation of India as it taught me since my childhood the “Right To Equality” which I don’t posses right now. This content is not with intention for offence its just a suggestion which must be considered for recommendation.

1. Kaiser

Someone’s social status apparently in society does not change just because they are uplifted economically.

Look at Mayawati, she’s so rich but in the eyes of the media , she is just another Dalit.

Stuff like Social upliftment through reservations is a brainwash.

Reservations are meant for representation, just like how it is in US. Yes, USA has reservations for Blacks , Hispanics and Amerindians because of the discrimination they face. That is the same logic applied here and is applied to SCs and STs. They need representation of their own people to understand their problems and help them out. After all, no Brahmin is going to come and help out the Dalits, isn’t it ?

2. Ravi

May be you don’t know USA.. Its point based system.. Less income more points..

3. Ashwani

Sure, my dear friend, you must have lost your faith in the system because of the 50% reservation in Govt. institutions. Because you are not intelligent enough to grab a seat for yourself in the left 50%. But dear, do you know the Govt. jobs comprise only 2% of the total employment of this country. If you take pain to look at the 70% rural population of this country you will see that the majority of the lands are owned by the upper caste people. If you check with the Govt. records you will know that 99% of the Safai Karamcharies belong to SC communities. You talk about upliftment, the policies made for the upliftment of SC/ST never gets implemented because the upper caste people have occupied all the big positions who make sure that the benefit does not reach to the needy SC/ST people. Clear your facts before commenting on this issue, my dear. Have you ever realized or imagined about those who were denied basic education for thousands of years just because they were born in low caste? Not only education, anything which might give them a sense of treating themselves as HUMAN, they were denied. You think a time span of 50 years with reservations in only Govt. agencies are enough to uplift these people who have been exploited for thousands of years??? think about it…

4. Him

Thanks.

24. subash

This reservation is just a card for getting vote for the government.So Don’t Trust on this reservations.It only destroys our own capability.Let us say if a person A scores 90% and Person B Scores 50%.Both are completing their education in good college.Later on once they enter on to some good non government jobs,person A will survive easily but person B will be struggling to make himself unto the mark.This is what happening with the current job scenarios.Even Government is trying to have reservations is some Indian MNC’ s , but none of them are ready to accept this until now.So ignore this reservation and prove our own potential to reach heights.The government is just going with the same British concept of divide and rule & they just want to be in the power and loot the country.

1. Indain Dalits

best solution is have inter caste marriage and after a decade the babes are from mixed caste and after decade there is no much difference , Wi
      l
      l you a
      l
      l ow your son are daughter to marry a boy or gir
      l from
      l ower caste,

people like you should read this and then comment http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reservation_in_India

2. True indian

SO what you are trying to say that this move of having reservation will encourage ppl to have inter caste marriages just to enjoy benefits of reservation…………..and in the process everyone will be dalit as those with no reservation must have moved to some other countries or must have committed suicide as they have no job to support their family…………….great going man……..Why dont you bring the reservation to 99.99%………….and implement it in both public and private sector……..that way to get a job you have to be from reserved category and you can actually force them to marry someone from reserved category……………………………what i believe that ppl in favour of even .1% of reservation are not only traitors as they are trying to bring country down but also enemy of humanity!!!!!!….be realistic make primary education free for all instead of doing all this crap………………it has been 65 years and not much has changed……………..earlier it was britishers now politicians………formula is still same”divide and rule”………..and it still works!!!!!!

3. Udit

1. you forgot to mention (Brahmins then) Britishers now Politicians……formula is still same”divide and rule”………..and it still works!!!!!! (There were more in history, but let us mention only the main villains.)

2. you said (.and in the process everyone will be dalit as those with no reservation must have moved to some other countries or must have committed suicide as they have no job to support their family)
      Bro, if dalits population will increase then general population will decrease at almost the same rate, and hence less competition in general category…..so enjoy….. plzzzz think…!!!!….yes it will like forcing general category people to marry sc/st/obc people…….but itna to karna padega so as to remove caste system……caste basd reservation will fade away automatically……be realistic…!!

4. CHALLENGE-100 sub without video

I am truly touched by your last line

25. Kaiser

This is one of the worst, poorly researched articles there ever was !

First of all, one should realise the fact that

1) Ambedkar had compromised his demand for seperate electorate to have reservations, rather, representations. Would you have been happier , if something like Pakistan had happened for the Dalits ? Just saying.

2) I would like to know the author’s stand on women’s reservations. I find it appalling people say women deserve representation because they are “discriminated” in society. But the truth is a Dalit is million times discriminated more ! Just disguise yourself as a Dalit and try finding a house, you’ll find atrocious replies, irrespective of the economic status a Dalit belongs to. You’ll know how difficult it is to be a dalit.

The author’s assumptions that reservation is strengthening caste system is laughable to the extremes. If so, why haven’t the Brahmins , who do not enjoy any caste system given up their caste ? After all, they don’t need a caste identity since they are Forward , isn’t it ? Why not question matrimonial ads which specifically have ads like (Caste no bar, but SCs not preferred). It is in fact caste system which existed for 1000s of years which culminated in reservations.

The author needs to get a grip of reality and tour rural India and if possible, even notice patterns in urban India which reek of this malaise of caste system. When you see how rotten the current system is , you’ll know Dalits have no protection in this world, other than the reservations ! True story !

1. Raj Johari

As far as reservation is concerned it was built by Indian constitution for helping poor people about 60 years ago. At that time caste was prime measure of poor and rich, but now a day this completely vanish since there are many lower caste people who are rich, hence there should be no reservation based on cast or religion. All the young guys try to understand the politics of our old generation “Netas” who are trying to apply “divide and rule” on Indians with help of these types of rules.

They wants our young generation to be indulge in “cold war” among themselves so that they can rule smoothly.

2. Parnika

Hey,I’m a student currently researching on Dalit History. Not really well versed with these issues but i have a question. In one of the above comments, some one mentioned that sometimes discrimination doesn’t end even when one has achieved a superior economic status, because ultimately his/her caste is given more importance. So reservation on the basis of caste is justified because uplift-ment of the entire caste is needed to end discrimination against them. I am asking, would that help? Sure it would take many years for the entire caste to be uplifted, but if and when this happens, wouldn’t they still be associated with their previous status? Wouldn’t they still be discriminated against on the basis of their caste? If one Dalit person is discriminated against even when he becomes rich, wont they all be still discriminated against even if they all become rich? Because ultimately their caste matters, India being a caste based society.

3. Divineom

Completely agree,, this article is completely biased/inflammatory and retarded !! More ever the language used by the author completely reflects his disdain attitude towards the less privileged/fellow being.

Off course, meritocracy must prevail but for the merit based system, one prerequisite is a level playing field for everyone and in India there isn’t. I suggest the author and the prejudiced people to move their ass out of their home and visit their nearby village and try to understand the rural Bharat.

Note: i would like the administrators of YkA to review articles before publishing it online as i have gone through many articles on this site which are poor in taste, biased and no way matches the standard that YkA has achieved. I guess many articles are published by hot headed teenagers. Peace

26. mitali

We should not have Reservation Stuff… its totatly unfair with the open class… and they are not happy with this….
    and the person who doesnt have any talent, any skills… still they get everything through reservation…
    Reservation should be done only on the economical bases.. who dont have house to live, dont have cloths to wear, dont have food to eat…
    The people who are poor are till now poor and the rich people are getting more and more rich day by day…
    For our Country Progress we have to boycut all these things….

27. kiran Deep

thank you , this information was very very useful for my project . thanks for the comments too.

28. rathanbabu

ok. i am agreeing with the misuse of the cast card by our politicians. yes we , indians need reservation, not just for the upbringing the downtrodden but to avail a secured place to live in society. from the first days of our human society, we have oppression of weaker sections. with the generations it took several forms like caste, colour ,place, religion, even with gender. so oppressed people need a way to get on with their lives. the way is, i think, reservation in education, reservation in jobs. till today we have dalits and tribals not having an idea of ” why sanitation is required” . so until they feel the real meaning of confidence and stress-free life, we need resrvations. i request those who are against the reservations to come forward and make it possible as soon as early we can reach it. then reservation will go down automatically.thanks for the place given for my views.

29. true indian

@@SO what you are trying to say that this move of having reservation will encourage ppl to have inter caste marriages just to enjoy benefits of reservation…………..and in the process everyone will be dalit as those with no reservation must have moved to some other countries or must have committed suicide as they have no job to support their family…………….great going man……..Why dont you bring the reservation to 99.99%………….and implement it in both public and private sector……..that way to get a job you have to be from reserved category and you can actually force them to marry someone from reserved category……………………………what i believe that ppl in favour of even .1% of reservation are not only traitors as they are trying to bring country down but also enemy of humanity!!!!!!….be realistic make primary education free for all instead of doing all this crap………………it has been 65 years and not much has changed……………..earlier it was britishers now politicians………formula is still same”divide and rule”………..and it still works!!!!!!

30. Arpit Jain

is there any kind of racial benefits or reservation in any field to blacks in USA..??

1. Swapnil

There were but most of the States banned it and those who have it, now base it on financial backwardness.

31. Guest

the best solution for this problem is economical help & financial help …!!!! than 2 provide reservation..!!! cause students frm its own strenth n hard work will move forward instead of reservaton…!!!!! there are many students frm my coll “” AREY Y 2 STUDY RESERVATION IS THERE WE WILL GET ADMISSION”””””” this should not happen

1. Sudheer

in Andhra Pradesh, free education of higher studies is being provided to students from two years for those who claim to are from economically backward caste(ebc) that is also applicable to general category students…..what worse happened is even the most economically well settled general category students got ebc certificates and claimed the fee reimbursement …….so what am I supposed to say is RESERVATIONS BASED ON FINANCIAL POSITION ALSO DOESNT WORK …….if reservations are spoiling the fate of IITs then why don’t general category or so called merits are not one among the great scientists in the world…….according to statistics people who opposes reservations are the who are loosers and incapable students who doesn’t really have any kind of skills those will better his life and find excuses such as reservations ,financial support ,not good institute,no good friend etc etc…….

32. Victor

this is a stupid article …

due u know that sc/st’s were not allowed to have education, wealth, lands etc. for thousands of years. sc/st’s are of great population of any other castes. 80% of them are still under poverty line. out of them how many are benefited through reservation ?? reservation must be based on caste.

1. Sai Viswanath

If 80% of the SC/ST’s are under the poverty line, then we need to provide reservation based on their income not by caste, that benfits everyone and because of the cast system many of the SC/ST’s are under poverty line till now.

33. Aniruddha

Kranthi : The trauma is terrible and I agree this is unfair but honestly have you met all Brahmins in the world ? If no then giving a genral statement about Brahmins is wrong isn’t it ?

34. Rahul Narayan

It doesn’t take a genius to prove reservations are injustice, but the problem is Caste based reservation and not reservation itself, as people are okay with Economy based reservation .. But when the problem “caste based reservations”, why to clamor only against reservations leaving caste alone!! , if we could wash out caste then these reservations will automatically vanish,
    But, how many of these anti reservation folks speak against caste , how many of them speak about the Injustice done to these low caste Hindus for than 3500 years now, where these people are not even allowed to walk on the roads, for gods sake leave schools, hospitals, and all other social institutions alone, What can be done to compensate the injustice incurred to these unprivileged people. Are these mere 60 years of reservations good enough to heel the wounds that these people have been compelled to suffer from?

Is there any anti reservation folk here ready to keep his SURNAME aside!! ..
    Until unless Some insane and idiotic writings like Manu Dharma are washed out and HINDUISM itself undergoes some radical and fundamental changes, CASTE will not be uprooted so will be the humiliations and injustice…

Once reservations are removed, these unprivileged people will again be slowly moved away from the society, which can only take us back to those inhuman and barbarous olden days. Think from the other perception too, before criticizing the reservations .. Cheeers : ) ..

1. muthamizh

Well said…..

2. Khan

What 3500 years… you are taking about.. We only have written history for 1500 years, and rest are just assumptions. Were u there for 3500 years? If that is the case every hindu and sikh should blame Islam for atrocities that were done on them for past 700 years. What a weird logic. It is the same way that if a person is murderer then all his coming generation should be treated as murderer, what a stupid logic.

3. Udit

Vedic era is not an assumption dear… this had been the land of Hindus for a long time before invaders came and ruined everything. Nobody is blaming anybody, invasion is a natural phenomenon in the history of human civilization….so just cheers.!!

4. Swapnil

Caste based reservations were effective when they were introduced as at that time the backward castes were economically backward so the two went hand in hand. Now the situation has changed and this policy needs to be discontinued. Economic condition should be the basis for reservation as this “caste” based system is being misused. When we propagate economic reservations, we are giving the less fortunate, the economically backward a chance to flourish. This ensures that those of the SC/ST/OBC quota who are financially well off and do not need the taxpayers’ money to uplift them will be cut off and the truly “underprivileged people” who ARE economically backward will be taken care of. After all, isn’t socialism a key feature of our constitution?

35. muthamizh

if everyone is given same education from childhood irrespective of caste, religion, poor or rich, urban or rural, than there is no need of reservation on any basis…. but present situation needs reservation based on poverty, and you know one thing in some places some people got rejected in interview just because they belong to lower casts….. and what is your opinion about inter caste marriage……. if everyone is saying that all are equal than everyone is so reluctant to inter caste marriage?

36. sajeevknu

now a days it is seen that the benefit of reservation to backward community is taking only by rich people in the backward community.Its not reaching the poor families in backward communities. only way to overcome this to introduce financial reservation,

37. umesh

instead of doing all this why dont we just collapse the entire cast system.
    Why there should be any bramhanas and shudras. Do you think that removing reservations can enable a sc st personal to walk who is superior in caste category.
    Reservations are our weapon unless that you could have chewd us by now.
    Cast based Reservation should be present there unless and untill there is a cast system.

38. anirudh

shame on Indian politics …..reservation is solely intended to meet the political end of the political wolves of our nation…. they just hijacked the true interests of the county..we as indian are becoming incompetent day following day in international community because we have so many scientists doctors researchers but till the date we have not posted any notable invention….. its one of result of quota system…..please remember sacrifices of our freedom fighters during the freedom struggle…. They envisaged to make India of there dream where equality,humanism is the only cast…..but shame on this Bullshit !

39. RITIKA

Hi Sumedha,
    I read this and it is very helpful. I am a student and my ASL paper is approaching. Can you give me some more information on reservation i.e., how much present % of reservation is given in India and more information on any other cause. Please reply me now only. I am waiting.
    Thank you.
    Have a good future.
    Bye.

1. pravin

Remove one community i.e priest then the entire nation will leave peacefully

2. anonymous

yea right. with no priests india will become an islamic nation.if you guys are against brahmins, you are against hinduism. brahmins are mostly mild people and dont try to harm others. but hell knows why you are against this community when there are so many other castes in oc.

40. anmol

The article is quite impressive and quickly gets to the point of concern. Reservations is debatable topic.
    But reservation based on caste has shown some results. Although the results are not as they should have been but they still have made some difference. So saying that we don’t need caste based reservations puts your article into question.

1. Amitesh Kumar

Reply0
      Yes, I support reservation, We accepting we are not talented as you from many decades…But we are surviving good life that is all by this reservation…..As like many people in our caste also still having no food ,shelter, education…..So we need reservation….Dont blame on us…….Work hard ……Ask govt to give more recruitment but not on our reservation….

41. Gagan

Your article is too good but am unable to understand why There is no movement till took place regarding caste base reservation system?

1. sumant singh Rajpot

Because till now we all are nt a aware about reservation thats why no one standing to abloished the casteism which comes from Reservation

42. Namita

Wow…really eye opening. On one side you are telling lower caste is still facing issues in todays world( just one line) and one other side u r telling an entire essay that they should not be given any reservation. On one hand u r telling there is discrimination with them and on another hand u r telling they dont deserve to have reservation based on caste. Its really double mouthed essay. U r telling indirectly that to avoid caste based discrimination we have to remove caste based reservation. Amazing solution really…now tell me for 2500 years upper castes enjoyed 100 % reservation to educations and jobs but then y lower caste faced discrimination for those years. There are 7 dalit women being raped evry day is there a reservation in that y do u not ask or right about that. How many SC / ST colleagues do u have in your institution i bet there is none…even thoug SC/ST are highly qualified u will not hire them…even somehow they manage to do so…because of ur thinking they will not survive in ur institution…tell me if i am wrong. India have f** matrimonial sites based on caste being nationally advertised. I tell u what…if we have 1 SC/ST prime minister and 1 SC/ST media editor and 1 SC/ST main role actor, then u r right to ask for it. Untill then enjoy the 50% reservation.

43. Just a human with no gender no religion and no nationality

Reservation is not going to benefit the underprivileged. Reservations in colleges and universities is not what is necessary. What is necessary is that give the underprivileged the equal good quality education that the others receive. Not giving them proper education and then giving them reservations is just like putting a kid in a golden cage-they learn nothing.Let us just hope that we will se no more SC or ST or OBC or GENERAL in any forms in future and let us hope that everyone gets equal education, skills and opportunities. And everyone recognises and receives their freedom and rights.

44. Dr.Gopal Thodsam

Anybody had thought of WHY reservations has been introduced? Anybody did Introspective and rationale behind reservation ???Finally, how many of you guys ready to give off caste n including tails ending the names ? How many of you guys are ready for intercaste marriiage???

45. sam

Comment :

कुछ र्लोगो को ये ही नही पता कि “आरक्षण” से “जातिवाद” नही आया, बल्कि “जातिवाद” से “आरक्षण” आया है । बिना सोचे विचारें मुँह फाड़ देते हैं कि आरक्षण से जातिवाद बढ़ रहा है ।

एक बात बताओ अगर “जाति ही नही होती तो आरक्षण किसको दिया जाता?

जाहीर है पहले “जाति” आई तभी “आरक्षण” आया ।

जाति क्यों आई ?

१• जाति आपने अपनी सुविधा के लिए बनाई ताकि आप जाति के नाम पर लोगो को मूर्ख बना सको और आपस में लड़ाकर आप उन पर शासन कर सको।

२• इतना ही नही आपने उनको जातियों में तोड़कर उनका जबरदस्त तरीके से शोषण भी किया ।

३•उनको शिक्षा एवं संपत्ति से भी वंचित रखा । जिससे उनका आर्थिक और बौद्धिक विकास अवरुद्ध हो गया ।

देश आजाद होने के बाद सभी को समान अधिकार मिले तो संविधान निर्माताओं का ये दायित्व था कि “इन्होने जाति के नाम पर जो शोषण किया है वो भविष्य में ना हो और इनको इनका उचित प्रतिनिधित्व मिलने के साथ ही इनको सदियों के शोषण से उबारने के लिए विशेष प्रावधान किये गए” ।

सो जाहिर है “शोषण जाति के आधार पर होता आया था तो सुविधा भी जाति के आधार पर ही मिलती और मूर्ख कहते हैं आरक्षण से जातिवाद बढ़ रहा है । अरे मूर्खो आरक्षण से तो सामाजिक न्याय का मार्ग प्रशस्त हुआ” ।

अब जानते है आरक्षण का सच

भारत मै ८५℅ (एस•सी, एस•टी,
    ओ•बी• सी) समाज पिछड़े वर्ग कहलाता हे । और ब्राह्मण क्षत्रिय एवम वैश्य १५℅ हे ।

एस•सी : १५℅
    एस•टी : +७.५℅
    ओ•बी•सी : +२७℅
    __________________
    कुल आरक्षण : ४९•५℅

——————————

ब्राह्मण क्षत्रिय वैश्य : १५℅
    ________________________
    कुल आरक्षण : ५०•५℅

मतलब ये है की ८५℅ लोगों के लिये ४९•५℅ आरक्षण और १५℅ लोगों के लिये ५०•५℅ आरक्षण ।

आरक्षण को सरल गणित के माध्यम से समझें ।

माना कि १०० व्यक्तियों को खाने के लिए १०० रोटियां उपलब्ध हैं।हर एक व्यक्ति के हिस्से में एक रोटी आनी चाहिये, परन्तु वास्तव में ऐसा नहीं हे ।

वर्तमान में पिछड़े जाति के ८५ व्यक्तियों को खाने के लिए बहुत ही कम ४९•५ रोटियाँ ही मिले रही है ।
    इसी प्रकार ऊचे जाति के १५ लोगों के लिए ५०•५ रोटियाँ मिल रही है ।

तो इसीलीये आरक्षण होना हि चाहिए बल्कि बढ़ाना भी चाहिए । पर देश मै हो रहा है कि “उल्टा चोर कोतवाल को ही डाट रहा हे”।

तभी तो “आरक्षण भीख नहीं बल्कि संवेधानिक अधिकार हे हमारा” ।

46. satya

Comment *

कुछ लोगो को ये ही नही पता कि “आरक्षण” से “जातिवाद” नही आया, बल्कि “जातिवाद” से “आरक्षण” आया है । बिना सोचे विचारें मुँह फाड़ देते हैं कि आरक्षण से जातिवाद बढ़ रहा है ।

जाति क्यों आई ?

अब जानते है आरक्षण का सच

भारत मै ८५℅ (एस•सी, एस•टी,

एस•सी : १५℅
    एस•टी : +७.५℅
    ओ•बी•सी : +२७℅
    __________________
    कुल आरक्षण : ४९•५℅

——————————

ब्राह्मण क्षत्रिय वैश्य : १५℅
    ________________________
    कुल आरक्षण : ५०•५℅

आरक्षण को सरल गणित के माध्यम से समझें ।

1. Sandeep

One of my classmate who belongs to SC come in his own Swift Desire with full stylish outfit and he don’t pay the fee but even get scholarship. I don’t think he is in the need to have reservation. No one is saying that reservation built caste but debate is to give the reservation by economic condition.

47. Sandeep

I must say that the elaboration done by you is really convincing.

48. shil

Reservation is for 85% population of this country and they get only 50% population increase population to 85% then there will be change.
    And now general category get 50% reservation and there population is only 15%.
    General category people don’t get job and admissions is due to only increased population nothing else.

49. AnINDIAN

Most of the poor people who when ,through reservation, for the first time come out of the poverty trap they start exploiting others ,as if just because they were exploited in past gives them a license to exploit others in present.

That gives rise to corruption.No doubt ,one who has never saw money before in his life will try to amass as much of it as he can.What I am saying if simply put is that,between a poor boy and a middle class boy ,the poor one will more likely to indulge in corruption once he gets a job.Also,the fact is most of the poor come from SC/ST chunk, they instead of improving the conditions of their fellow SC/ST start to improve their own conditions and their fellow SC/ST brothers remain where they were before.This is not bad only for SC/ST but whole society.

Now,there is another big chunk which doesn’t needs reservation at all known as OBC. Figures show that there is hardly any difference between living conditions of OBCs and an average Indian.Which means that an OBC fellow has same opportunity as an average Indian posses .If a class that which really needs reservation in OBC umbrella is OBC Muslims.Their condition is same as that of SC/ST .

So what should be done-

1. OBC reservations should be curtailed.
    2.Only SC/ST and some OBCs like OBC Muslims should be given reservation.

The quota that will emerge from curtailing OBC reservation should be given to Economically backward class which means it should be reserved for poor.

50. Anonymous

I am belong to SC caste, got reservation when I was studying and did my engineering from one of the best collage in my state. Went abroad for the further studies through education loan. Now I work for one of the best IT company in the world on a good position. But since I belong to SC caste I still can not buy a house in a good society in my home city in India. why?

51. Sandeep

Dalits experienced a lot of discrimination in past. Now it is declining slowly. But in some parts of country this
    feeling of discrimination is present especially in rural India. Only providing reservations in education and public
    sector doesn't make change. Obviously these people who got benefit live in urban areas only. Conditions in rural
    areas are not changing. So my feeling is to reduce the quota of reservation to lower castes in urban and well
    developed areas and increasing their part in rural administration. As villages are pillars of our nation, true change
    comes only from them. The Dalits should be preferred as representatives in rural level.

52. Sandeep

areas are not changing. So my feeling is to increase their part in rural administration. As villages are pillars of our nation, true change comes only from them. The Dalits should be preferred as representatives in rural level.

1. sunil

saman nagrik adhiniyam desh ki jarurat he. jatiwad jab tak khatm nahi hoga tab tak arkshan khatm nahi hoga.aaj ke vartman samay me bhi parti 15 mint. me 4 dalito pe atyachar hote he, prati din 3 dalit mahila ka rape hota he, prati din 2 dalito ki hatya aur 11 dalito ko pita jata he, prati saptah 5 dalito ke ghar jala diye jate he aur 6 dalito ka apharan kiya jata he. ye figure yah samjne ke liye kafi he ki aaj bhi desh me dalit ko samajik nyay nahi mila he aur aaj bhi desh me dalit pe atyachar hote he jo jati ke adhar par he. samanta tabhi hogi jab jatiwad khatm hoga, jab tak jatiwad rahega desh me anamat ko koi bhi mita nahi payega……

53. ayushkaptiyal

If India wants to a developed nation then India should be quit reservation

54. Sony

Pls do your research b4 posting such halfly baked analysis

55. robert jha

@sumedha…shallow writing!! in one word I would describe your article as SHALLOW ,you don't even understand the topic.i would ask a simple question to you ,just lock a person in a dark room for many years and then release him and then ask him to compete with you , will he be able to compete ?? is this fair?,even if it is removed who will be ultimate people taking advantage ?? the answer is you ,you will always have edge over other backward class people in this regard due to CULTURAL CAPITAL INHERITED from your forfathers neither caste system will end, rather it will rise like anything then it is better to have reservations atleast which checks the casteism atleast people gain respect among upper caste after becoming wealthy as is the case of one of my friend {ST} whose father is an officer..there is only one thing that will end reservation is end of casteism and honestly, what i think that untill unless my grandfather dies his caste ressitance aatitude is never going to end and we will have to keep on waiting when right time comes …..coz there are stiil millions who don't have even house to live need to take advantage of this..

56. sarvesh

Say NO to caste system… reservation automatically finished????/ Do this !!!!!

57. ReviewMantra

Caste-based reservation will only keep the people divided among themselves (due to change in their financial or social status in the society), and shouldn’t the focus and locus be to promote equality across all castes and end social discrimination?
    http://blog.reviewmantra.com/2016/03/the-tipping-point-redesigning.html

58. Rohit Gupta

Ha Mai Reservation System Ke Bilkul Khilaaf Hu. Ye System Bilkul Bhi Accha Nhi Hai. Jaruri To Nhi Ke Aaj Har SC/ST/OBC Background Waale Garib Ho Ya Unko Knowledge Nhi Hai Or Har General Categories Waale Bahut Paise Waale ho, Aaj General Category Ke Log Garib Hote Jarahe Hai Or Sc, St , Obc Waale Paise Waale Horahe Hai …..Hum Generals Background Waalo Ko Kitni Dikkat Horahi Hai Aaj Har Job field Me. Har Job Me Sc, Sc & Obc Waalo Ke Liye Seat Reserve Rehti Hai Or Unko Less Marks Me Qualified Kar Diya Jaata Hai. Hum General Category Ke Log Kitna Mehnat Karke Padhte Hai Or Hum Acche Marks Lakar Bhi Pass Nhi Ho Paate , Sirf Isliye Ki Hum General Categories Me Aate Hai….Aaj Ka Har Yuva Is Problem Se Pareshan Hai.Unko is Category System Ke Wajah Se Job Nhi Mil Paati Ki WO General Category Ke Hai. Kya Hum General Category Ke Log Insan Nhi Hote Hai Kya ?.Hum Yaha Din Raat Mehnat Karte Hai Study Me , Or Hum Sirf General Category Ke Wajah Se Hamari Mehnat Paani Me Mil Jaati Hai.Ye Category System Aaj Ke Youth Ka Future Barbaad Kar Raha Hai….Sc, St & Obc Waalo Ko Sarkar Khoob Facilities De rahi Hai. Or Hum General Category Waalo Ko Kuch Nhi….Government Is System Ko Plz Remove Kariye.!!

59. URVASHI SINGH

WELL EASY TO SAY THAT GOVERNMENT NEED TO DECIDE THE RESERVATION ON BASIS OF VARIOUS CONDITIONS NOT CASTE BUT QUESTION IS HOW HONEST AND DEDICATED THE CITIZENS ARE THEMSELVES.. I SAW MANY WITH CRORES OF PROPERTY ENROLLED IN BPL LIST… NOBODY REVEALS THEIR RIGHT STATUS THEN HOW GOVERNMENT ITSELF ABLE TO FILTER WHEN CITIZENS HIMSELF DONT WANT TO STEPPING TOWARDS DEVELOPMENT?????

60. Neil

India is running 60 years late.. Due to reservation

61. nidhi tidyal

Reservation is based on caste.
    It is a very serious issue which
    Keeps our India last.

62. K.Rai

can i use this article for readings in my institution?

63. Teja

Great article.I consider that caste doesn’t matter in case of merit or intelligence.It’s just because of our rulers.This promotes gender discrimination.So lets start fighting against this…….inspirational article ………

64. Ashish Singh

there should be no caste system at all , all should be equal and there should no caste for anyone and if someone discourages someone because of his/her caste then he/she should be punished strictly and send him to jail for atleast 10 years . And the reservation should be stopped after 10 years from announcement to stop it . this is my personal opinion , it is not against to someone or people from any group , religion and caste .if someone hurt by this then i apologize.

65. Ashish Singh

In now days crime on girls is very serious issue , girls wants to be ignored instead of everyone trying to protect them , if everyone ignores them and treat them as they are normal people as usually like gentlemen then every things will become fine , no one need to protect anyone just to give respect everyone , every wound needs time to become fine , that’s exactly what backward caste people wants , they think they are suffering even before the independence , it will take time but their wound on their selfrespect and their dignity which is challenged every second will recover and become fine but if we starts giving respect as general caste people gives their people inside their community then everything will be alright.

66. JAGDISH GAMIT

very true! stop the cast based reservation system..it leads to descrimination among society..leave aside the reservation issue…first ask your elders who established the cast system to be deprived,cast away from knowlege,just and natural right???and being descriminated?entethesis?85%to 15% or 15% to 85%? inhumanitarian must reap with same..u may descrimited with more bitterness then b4 of age of manusmriti cast system..u don’t have tased consequense of cast system in name of religion and ruled and ruined yet! accept and apologize the sin of yrs ancesstors against huge people otherwise!!!!!

67. Sneha Gupta

Exactly when reservation’s motive was for the empowerment of the deprived and it has not been successful in it then it must be abolished if it has been successful then there is no point in giving reservations…either ways reservation has lost its meaning

68. Tejarshi Tiu

Why Reservation is abolished ???As you said because it is not workig properly to get the benefit of deprived why you donot think that how it will work properly .tI am asking to upper cast people Are you abolish cast system in india and social evils of india created by upper cast people why you said all people are equal why the upper cast people are not willing to marraige to lowercast people all the social evils are still existing in the indian society why you people are not tring to abolish those thing. You people are started cast system in india that why our country is facing social problem & social evils . Reservation is still not reach to the root level of india why we don’t find out the successfully of the weapon instead of abolish the weapon (Resevation) . In America USA was given resevation to black people . If you really think about the uplift of deprived we should implement the policies and rules properly . If I ask questions In OLYMPIC SELEVTION THERE IS NOT RESERVATION WHY INDIA NOT PERFORMING WELL.?? As my personal opinion tje RESRERVATION WEAPON IS WORKING SLOWLY THAT WHY YOU UPPPER CAST PEOPLE ARE FEELING OF UNSECURITY BECAUSE THEY ARE GROWING SLOWLY BUT STEADILY. ..

1. Rahul Naithani

sir if you first read the article carefully it said that reservation based on caste should be abolished instead the reservation should be based on economic condition of people. if someone from lower class got a good job because of reservation and his sending his children to top school of a town then does his children are really in need a reservation, this will only do one thing and that is those children will sit idle and will not work hard as they will know that by just getting passed they will get seat in a collage.
      yes caste system is a ill practice and it must be abolished, but your logic that upper caste is not marrying lower caste so reservation must prevail is a completely irrational thing

69. Bharat Rai

caste is a reality and those who ignore this fact must be living in some sort of illusion or does not know anything about how different social systems in India work. Its not just about varna which can be changed. its about caste which you certainly cannot change. you born in a particular caste and die with it. upper caste people will always discriminate against those who are considered lower caste . reservation is more about representation. all indians are talented (although there are many idiots who think that people from the reserved category are fools). but all are not represented enough. reservation on the basis of economic factors is absurd and unconstitutional. reservation is actually good for the country as it helps lower caste people to grow in their lives. reservation is not loosing its meaning.actually reservation is becoming more and more important day by day..its very unfortunate that most of the general category people are always ready to criticize caste based reservations but ignores the fact why it happened at the first place. indian social system is based on discrimination and in order to mitigate what lower caste people have lost in the last several hundreds of years , reservations were necessary.. argument that reservation is not doing good hence abolish that is idiotic. lets say rapes and murders cannot be stopped so should we abolish the laws that punish the culprits. Discrimination was there and still haunting its a social evil which needs more serious attention rather than reservation. fight against the caste based reservations will only backfire as it will make lower caste people more conscious regarding their rights. on the one hand anti-reservation groups argue that caste based or any other kind of reservation must be abolished but on the other hand they also suggest that reservation should be based on economic condition. foolishly unknowingly support reservation. are you in support or against? even if somehow they gets the reservation on the basis of economic factors it will only add more people under the roof of reservation. hence reservation will prevail and grow more. how will government decide who is poor and who is rich in a environment where corruption has crossed all limits and anyone can get income certificate after paying bribe. as far as merit is concerned , today sc st obc students are scoring as high as general. if someone do not get admission in the college then it is not because of reservation but it is more because of lack of seats especially when thousands of thousands of students apply for few seats ..obviously many will not be able to secure a seat despite good performance. in addition to that if caste based reservation diminishes the merit then how economic based reservation will not diminish merit? how many work and studies have been done that prove that reservation is harming our country? even if reservation is failing , then to a larger extent, it is our bad education system is responsible for that. not everyone can afford good quality education. youthkiawaaz must not be the just voice of swarna or voice of anti-reservation. Dalit youth also have voice but unfortunately it is unheard and ignored most of the time. Anti reservation post is not the voice of youth. caste based reservation is not bad for our country. if there is a caste based atrocities and discrimination , cased based reservation will survive. stop discrimination, it will die automatically. and if you cannot just shut your mouth.

1. punit p

today reservation is about 50% of the total seats in any competitive exams. if u want to end casteism with such a huge blow on jobs and college seat i.e. life of the youth of so caller UC who have nothing to do with what happened in history,it will only create more animosity. other than that the caste based atrocities in majority cases are done by so called OBCs which r very very influential in our cow belt and also states such as tamil nadu where SC are worst affected by the majority so called OBC. the analogy of rape laws is ok but u must try to understand that such laws are used as a weapon against innocent people as well. take for example tina dabi,both her parents were IeS ,she was by no means a person from a poor family which suffered casteism. she passed the prelims on a SC seat,which could have been used by some genuinely poor candidate from SC category. if caste based discrimination cannot end then the animosity will rise i.e. if we cannot end the cause forget about ending the effect.

70. vibrant143

This is indeed a very good article. I would like to add in this. India is divided into caste system before constitution was made.here before means aprrox. 1000years ago till 1949 . So condition of india should have been better for all people but this did not happen that time. Even during that time people were discriminated and tortured at greater level than today based purely on caste. So why not caste based reservation. If we really want to get rid of caste based reservation we must all leave our caste first. If we leave our caste then caste based reservation will automatically get abolished.but ironiy is that upper caste does not want to leave their caste and caste practices. So lower caste since get discriminated based on caste and create bigger vote bank then upper cast will ask for reservation….

71. Ashutosh Goyal

The current scenario of the country is too grim. Reservation is just a political agenda for them. So seeing at current situation, I propose that the government even if for now are not removing the reservation at least should encourage the deserving candidates and help them in getting a seat which they only deserve. Keeping the seat quota as it is, new seats can be brought which would be just on the basis of the candidate’s ability and his brilliance. For example in a medical college with 150 seats, 50 seats could be introduced which will be just based on the candidate’s potential or his performance in the respective exam.
    This is just a suggestion. But true success will be only when such discrimination is totally removed from the law of the country.

72. KingLiuopin Rishiraj

Now a days this reservation system has become a serious problem for youths. Before it was started for giving the rights to the low castes but Mr. BR Ambedkar has started the reservation system and declared it only for 10 years. But this is going on till now which creates many huddles and problems for general castes. The person who scores above 90℅ had to wait for seats in colleges or in jobs but the SSC or send SST person with low ℅ get seats very easily. This creates an injustice towards many people who do hard work but don’t get there opportunities due to reservation system of India. My intension is only to give equal opportunities to everybody and everybody in the world should get things as per their determination not from any governmental support. But I appreciate our government for supporting the poor people in education., job, etc. I am not in the opposition of any low castes but only and only in the support of all of them who work hard but don’t get anything

1. Pratik Pandey

It’s true

73. Prateek Raghuvanshi (Prince)

https://prateek1120.blogspot.in/2017/11/reservation-system-fucks.html?m=1
    Please have a look at my view….on reservation in CAT exam by IIMs

74. Kuldip Vadhel

Everyone wants​ to remove caste based resurvation but firstly you know how they(sc,St) lived in past.first know about them and than said.In past we hadn’t​ any right to teaching ,to drinking water from river ,to go in temple so how all are equal.and now a days condition are not better if you saw in village than you realise.and take survey of the people stay in temple and the people who cleans sewerage.

1. ShySassy Girl

Those who suffered were your forefathers, not you. Rather than unfairly pushing forth those who haven’t got the required skills, why not give a fair chance to all those who deserve it TODAY? If a family’s income is 1 lakh per month and can easily afford proper tuition for their kids, why are they provided reservation instead of a kid from poorer family? You know why, because the rich family is from a backward caste, their forefathers were discriminated against by the forefathers of the kid from the poor family. So it totally makes sense that we get vengeance, even if the poor kid doesn’t even believe in casteism, his forefathers did, right? So let him pay for it! What a self-centred mentality! I do believe we need reservation, but only for those who truly deserve it; those who don’t have the resources to get education, regardless of the person is from a backward class or general category, because they are the ones who truly deserve a fair chance.

2. Pratik Pandey

Your opinion is also right

3. Bhagya Setia

you may be right and is totally inhuman to treat another this way and exploit, in fact i respect all castes just their goodness is important but i suffered because of reservation and i started hating this concept.if your forefathers were treated badly that is not my fault i was not present at that time, and most importantly your caste can not set your merit to rule but your qualification does . So it is also not justified to let a person win because of his caste. At least reserved category people admit that they are seeking mercy jobs.

75. Raj Lakra

The reservation system must be implemented in the every sphere so that the undeserved people or the backward people can get an access to jobs, universities etc. There are problems still exist in India where there is still poor, discrimination, inequality etc. Those who face the problem they only know the bad conditions. Mostly SC, ST, OBC are the people who see and face inequality in the society.

I personally belong to ST category but, I don’t see the reservation is still working.But ,who all capture the powers in the office, universities etc. And which category people are there in the universities, offices etc. If the reservation is picked out then, the St, SC and OBC will suffer the problems.

Character is destiny or destiny is character

If the reservation is picked out from the constitution then,surely we ST,SC,obc are going to face a bad destiny or terrible condition in the future. ST ,SC people don’t hold good position in the society therefore just intuit urself and say.

ST,SC come from poor family who don’t have even an account balance and there is no money in their pocket to treat themselves.if they suffer from any disease then, they die from it.Who intuits for this terrible sight of poor people.

Let reservation system be there! And look for better atmosphere in the world

1. Raj Lakra

The reservation must be examined properly for the reservations of SC, ST, OBC,General.then,there can be equality, fraternity, liberty and so on.

First thing that villagers are cheated by the teachers where there is no proper education and it is not properly imparted to them.

How then the India will become “BISWA GURU”?

Every single house should get at least 5 to 7 lakhs as donations from govt. And also every single man should have at least 2 to 3 lakhs.

The poor ones mostly ill-treated in schools, offices,hospitals etc. In hospitals,what happens? Doctors don’t care for the patient also and they die for. Kidneys and livers are stolen from the people belonging poor standards. If stomachache then, they say for operation bcs poor one is illiterate man or woman for that reason he or she is cheated.

Let’s bring the feeling of “HUMANITY”!!!!!

76. R Mdharan

reservation is not a gift by govt . in fact after amalgamation of the princely states in 1947 democracy was brought in administration. in democracy people are required for vote. so they started thinking how to cheat people for vote. reservation one among such cheat. why govt not publishing the caste wise strength of employees under it?why govt is not revealing the caste data procured during 2011 census? the only be fool people to remain in power-not interested to help any body. they only shout after springing some little waste food to the low caste. still dynasties rule. nehru family still hold congress. jyothi basu and EMS are both brahmins. many more to say.

77. Prathmesh Mamidwar

We the youth of this developing you don’t nation India are the future and creators. So we need support not reservation. This will not happen just by writing we must take an action about it. It is not just a small thing it is the necessity of us. This is not the question,this is the not an answer this is the slap on our Right. We need to do something. Please support..stop reservation by caste and category..do this according to economic conditions.

1. Prathmesh Mamidwar

Some irregular words are used bcoz “Autocorrection”

78. kalesh kr

My question is, why we are talking a lot about reservation these days.
    1. Is it that these days people are very much concerned about development of India, where an sc/st/obc with bare minimum mark can’t contribute to nation building.
    2. Is it that the URC are the best in education and decision.
    3. Is it that the URC need more reservation from presently existing 50.5%.
    The answer to all these is is a big NO. the issue is , now a days the sc/st are posted in good portfolios, that others can’t digest. Before we talk of reservation on cast basis we need to remove racial discrimination from society. Till the time there is social discrimination on the basis of cast this reservation will continue. My suggestion is remove reservation from society. Govt to proclaim from next day onwards there will be no cast in India. Only Hindus, Muslims , Christians, there will be one cast , all cast to be declared as brahmins or sc’s. Then we don’t need reservation policies. Only one cast.

79. neha kumari

Where is No reservation for girl in most of the examinations,as we Know woman literary in india is still very less.The proportion of women among the highly paid and valued jobs is still very small.In many parts of india parents prefer to have sons and findvwaysvto have the girl child aborted before she is born and this led to a decline in child sex ratio in country to merely 914.

80. Ashima Walia

This word ‘ reservations’ was, is and will remain the same in this country unless or until, the one who is getting this reservation, step back from the favor they are getting from this discriminated policy.

1. psaroj 28

https://youtu.be/FKZxAAAiJdg

Why people are dominated on the basis of cast. If there is reason plz reply, in there is no proper reason, then tell me why the people one who is getting this reservation should step back.

81. nerella kranthi

Yes madam your said currect as a Indian why your not talking about the Indian cast system until our living in cast system when our country cast system is destroyed permanently then no need reservation. Our country needs to develop but this reservation is not prevent of developing our country madam. Tell me one thing madam whenever you meets the utter poverty people until they are living below utter poverty madam. Whenever you speaking about something just meet them see them just few days live with them madam how they are living how they are die for food and education and money. Sorry madam, thank you

1. siva kumar

sir,
      who have asked to mention your caste every where. while you are applying for any job you simply put general or unreserved category. While seeking admission to your children into schools or colleges do you ready to apply in open category.

82. psaroj 28

SC population-22.2% reservation-15%
    ST population-9% reservation-7.5%
    OBC population-42.8% reservation-27%
    General Class/Others population-26% Reservation-50.5%

Strange people have less population have more reservation!!

if there will be 100 job posts available then
    only 22 SC/ST but 51 general caste will get job.

One who says that reservation system should be abolished, because it suppress the talent people on the basis of Cast. I have a simple answer, why they do not try in private companies, MNC and other non govt job. They are always seeking the talent personal.

One who says that I have very good educational background, I have scored 90+ marks in school level, I do deserve the govt job.
    Please note, govt have never said that the candidate scoring high max will be selected. Govt have its norms and those candidate satisfying the given cafeteria are selected.

Students who have scored 90+ marks seeking govt job, how they can expect that govt. will provide them job, because they have made heavy payment for education to a private school. Perhaps its responsibility of private school to provide better job to their students.

Why those people should be granted govt. job who have never seen the face of govt hospital and govt School. If answer to this question is, that “we can grow the company better”, then plz don’t care about growth of govt company, because if you do really care about the govt. economic condition, then why you have not raised your voice against rashan system, where govt. is providing food below its cost price, because it is also a great loss to govt.

1. Kajal Panigrahi

First, from which source you got this data?
      Second, If you are saying one needs to study in govt school to get a govt job, how sure are you that all SC/ST/OBC study in govt school?
      Third, those study in govt school do not belong to a certain backward class but they belong to economically backward class. Do you understand the basic difference between both? If yes, what wrong the author said when she meant “We don’t need reservations based on castes or religion but only to actually provide aid to those who have minimal resources” ?

2. psaroj 28

Hello Kajal ,

First, Here is the source of data…….
      https://www.quora.com/How-much-of-the-population-of-India-belongs-to-a-category-be-it-SC-ST-or-OBC

Second, I am not saying all the students in govt school belong from SC/ST/OBC but maximum of them do.

Third, See the pick of author, she is saying “Say No to Cast Based reservation”, In other words, she has no problem with reservation, she has problem with CAST Based reservation, i.e she is OK with reservation based on other than cast , (may be she is looking reservation which will be fruitful for her).

Additionally,
      I am also looking for aid to those who have minimal resources, because I have few friends belonging to upper cast with very low economic condition.
      But, I know there are lots of govt. ideas for those people with minimal resources. eg, hospital, School, rasan to people of BPL… But I have also seen what happens in this institutions:-
      In govt, hospital, there is either medicine or Doctor at a time.
      In govt. School either there is not proper teacher, if there is proper teacher then they are in office or canteen (not in class room)
      The list of BPL is full of people of APL, they get their name listed by bribe.
      In short, poor people (max. low cast), are suffering these all.

I know these all is because of Corruption. But one who suffer these are poor people (mostly low cast). Thus, govt has introduce reservation as a remedy. But, Since the upper cast people has never suffered by any of above problem, they never raise voice against corruption, they do this against reservation…
      That’s why, people who raise voice against reservation saying “equality”, actually it is selfishness.

3. suraj das

Hello, Kajal
      Firstly here is source of data

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socio_Economic_and_Caste_Census_2011

Second, I don’t say all student in govt school do belongs to SC/ST/OBC but most of they do.

Third, Lets see about the author.
      First see the image above, She is trying to Say “SAY NO TO CASTE BASED RESERVATION”. In other words, she have no problem with reservation system, she have problem with CAST BASED reservation system. i.e she is OK with reservation system based on something else.. (perhaps she is looking of such a reservation system which may be fruitful for her)

Now , Come to Constitutional right
      Clause 4 of the same article provides for an exception by conferring a certain kind of power on the government:
      These questions remain unanswered and it is only with the help of judicial pronouncements that they have been given some meaning. Question arises how can reservations be made for something that has not been defined?

From above clause it is clear that government can make special provision of reservation for backward class. Now, instead of raising voice against reservation system, raise the voice to find the meaning of “Backward class”, for smooth compliance of said clause.

Also watch
      https://youtu.be/FKZxAAAiJdg

4. siva kumar

sir,
      First thing is 50.5% of reservation is not only for general/unreserved category. Any one of indian can get opportunity in that 50.5%. So 50.5% reservation is not only general/unreserved category. It is for 130+ crore indians.
      IF there are 100 jobs are there then SC/ST have 51+22=73. and OBC have 27+51=78
      Caste reservation should be abolished because of poor people are there in all castes. what about them. We are asking economical reservation which is giving equal opportunity to all needed people only.
      All the students who got 90+ marks are not pursuing their education in corporate institutions. lot people who got 90+ marks are studied in government schools and colleges and they are lower middle class and below poverty line. how can they afford lacks of rupees for higher education. One more thing people who are studied in corporate institutions and spend lacks of rupees are ready to leave reservations and financial benifits for their higher education and jobs.

Do you accept everybody whose children are not studying in govt. institutions and who are visiting regularly corporate hospitals are not eligible to reservations in govt. jobs and other financial benefits what they are getting because of their caste only……

83. Rishabh Mikaelson Salvatore

Well that was an interesting article ..! You say that reservation should be put to an end , and should solely be provided to really backward people who lacks basic means ! Well that is a good thought …Categorising castes makes it even way more easier to identify the backward people …moreover if you go back in the history then you will understand the real reason why reservation has been provided to dalit community or ST and OBC ! Reservation is directly linked to caste discrimination …if caste discrimination be put to and end which in my opinion is eternal false fact ..because in theories and morally ethically it sounds awesome but in real life , in everyday practical life it is impossible to uproot it ! There is absolutely no way it can be uprooted ..if it will it will bring mass protest and mass chaos to already established current order ! Why do you want to seek chaos in already established order ! There is sense and order only in rules and established law …you think you are a revolutionarist who can bring reform to current established society ?! Many intellectuals have sat down and prepared constitution under DR. BR AMBEDKAR recommendation and you …”you ” think you have a better idea hahaha
    This so called discrimination mam is not an issue of today like adultery which just needs one command to make it scrappy
    I say end caste system and no room will be left for reservation at all …UPADHYAY . This surname must be having a significance attached to it
    your family must be carrying out something that SC families are not or any other brahmin family ..i say put an end to brahmin and kshatriya and vasihyas and shudra cap and let’s not ask or attach any significance to names …you can’t …because society doesn’t want to .
    Punjabi will be putting Singh and Pandits will be putting sharma or bajpayee …discrimination is within us !
    JUST TAKE A LOOK AT ALL THE CABINET MINISTERS AND LET ME KNOW HOW MANY OF THEM ARE FROM RESERVED CATEGORY OR SCHEDULE CASTE
    OR ANY PERSON HOLDING TOP POSITION IN INDIA !! DISCRIMINATION SURELY DAMPENS TALENTS ..ASK FROM THE TOP OFFICIALS WHY IT HAPPENS THAT NO SCHEDULE CASTE IS GIVEN A TOP RANK POSITION ! N0W YOU SEE ..AND YOU KNOW WHAT I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOT MUCH KNOWLEDGE ABOUT POLITICS BUT STILL I HAVE EX[PRESSED MYSELF

1. Rishabh Mikaelson Salvatore

CREAMY LAYER ONLY APPLIES TO OBC …RESERVATION TO SC AND ST IS PURELY BASED ON BASIS OF UNTOUCHABILITY .
      RESERVATION HAS BEEN PROVIDED TO LEVEL UP AND MAKE JUSTICE TO DALITS BECAUSE OF THE UNFAIR TREATMENT THEY HAVE RECEIVED OVER AGES ..I WISH YOU WERE THERE TO WITNESS THOSE SITUATION OF BULLSHIT ! ONLY THEN YOU WILL BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND THE REAL REASON ! YES ONCE A BACKWARD ALWAYS A BACKWARD BECAUSE SCHEDULE CASTE WILL ALWAYS BE REGARDED AS A SCHEDULE CASTE THROUGH OUT HIS LIFE .. PEOPLE HAS SC CERTIFICATES THEY WILL BE SOONER OR LATER BE DAMPENED TO REACH ANY FURTHER POSITIONS IN GOVT JOB ! BECAUSE OF SIMPLE CORRUPTION BY THE UPPER CASTE MEMBERS ! THIS IS ALL THE GAME PLAN OF RSS IF ANY COMMENTATO R IS UNDERSTANDING WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY ..OR IF THE ORIGINAL ARTICLE WRITER HERSELF

By Charkha features

By Anonymous Reporter

By Surej