Fond Of Noodles? Be Aware, It Might Be Intoxicated [UPDATE: Email from Nestle]

By Karishma Gaur:

Many of us are unaware of the fact that we may get sick eating Chinese food containing Monosodium glutamate (MSG) or Ajinomoto. So, whenever you order Chinese food, order with no MSG.

Youngsters can’t do without “Maggi” especially when one is away from home, in a foreign land. Here is a piece of information to share so that we can remove the potential health hazard of consuming Maggi. DO NOT IGNORE THIS INFORMATION, especially those who are fond of Maggi.

Normally, the way we cook the instant noodles is to put the noodles into a pot with water, throw in the powder and let it cook for around 3 minutes and then it’s ready to eat. (WRONG!)

By doing this, when we actually boil the ingredients in the powder, normally with MSG, it will change the molecular structure of the MSG, causing it to be toxic.

The other thing that you may or may not realize is that, the noodles are coated with wax and it will take around 4 to 5 days for the body to excrete the wax after you have eaten the noodles.

CORRECT METHOD:

1. Boil the noodles in a pot of water.
  2. Once the noodles are cooked, take out the noodles, and throw away the water which contains wax.
  3. Boil another pot of water, add the cooked noodles into the hot boiling water and then turn off the stove.
  4. Only at this stage when the stove is off, and while the water is very hot, add the flavouring powder into the water, to make noodle soup.
  5. However, if you need dry noodles, remove the noodles and add the flavouring powder and toss it to get dry noodles.

Dietician’s Note:

If you buy plain hakka noodles which you make, you initially need to boil in water and discard the water. This will soften the noodles but to prevent it from sticking we need to add a table spoon of oil, and also, the noodles are deep fried partially to make them crunchy and then dusted with flour to prevent them from sticking while boiling.

A large number of patients in the age group 18-24 years are ending up with pancreatitis either as a swelling or infection of the pancreas due to regular consumption of instant noodles. They are already made unhealthy while manufacturing and this is the type we use to make stir fry noodles — and the regular Maggi too, is made the same way, plus they add MSG/Ajinomoto and other chemical preservatives. If the frequency at which you consume this is more than 3 times a week, then it is very hazardous.

Please keep a check on the consumption of noodles from now on and head towards a healthy diet.

This article has been written after consulting with health experts. If you feel that there is any fact wrong in this then please shoot an email (with facts) right away at info@youthkiawaaz.com.

Info and image source: ChennaiMoms.com

————————————————————————————–

Nestle has gotten in touch with us and issues the following email in response to the above article.

This is with reference to the article by Ms. Karishma Gaur regarding noodles on your site.

We would like to inform you that the information provided in the said  article is incorrect. There is no scientific validity or legitimacy for any such concern, whatsoever about MAGGI Noodles, which are trusted by generations in India. Nestlé, the manufacturer of MAGGI Noodles, is recognized as the leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company and Food Safety is non-negotiable at Nestle.

Let us first correct some of the statements in the article.

1. Contrary to what the article says, we DO NOT ADD MSG to MAGGI Noodles!
2. Contrary to what the article says, MAGGI Noodles ARE NOT COATED WITH WAX! MAGGI Noodles do not contain wax in any form.
3. Contrary to what the article says, you DO NOT NEED TO DRAIN THE WATER in which you make MAGGI Noodles. The method of preparation is printed on MAGGI Noodles packs and is the correct and safe way to prepare it.

This misleading information has been floating around on the internet for years. Many people have checked with us, and with independent sources, to confirm that this information  is inaccurate.

We assure you that you can continue to trust your favorite MAGGI Noodles. MAGGI constantly uses Nestlé’s global R&D expertise to innovate and renovate and develop products that provide ‘Taste Bhi Health Bhi’ and are safe for consumption . MAGGI Noodles are in fact a source of Protein and Calcium. MAGGI Vegetable Atta Noodles provide the goodness of fibre of 3 Rotis.

Please also see our Nestle India website for further information:

http://www.nestle.in/asset-libraries/Documents/FAQS/maggi_mail_statement.pdf

Looking forward to your continued support and assuring you of our best attention at all times.

With Warm Regards,
Ana Sinha
Senior Manager- Consumer Services

1. Ridhi Rajpal

This is really informative! 🙂

2. Soumit Saha

Hey loved the Info, I never knew there was a correct way of making maggi, I knew all about the MSg but this is good piece of Info.. Go YKA!!

3. zuha

aaj pata laga ke hum kya kha kar bade hue hain

4. whatisinaname

Now that Nestle has clarified, what do the Experts who were consulted for the writing of the original writing say. I came across a chain mail only now – -and hence this comment now.

5. Raj

“1. Contrary to what the article says, we DO NOT ADD MSG to MAGGI Noodles! ” What they are saying is that they do not add MSG, it is already there. The whole controversy of MSG is because of glutamate content. Hydrolyzed peanut protein which is used for making the masala of Maggi contains high levels of glutamate, so Nestle India is just plain MISLEADING its customers.

6. KLAUS

KARISHMA, CAN YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW COOKING THE NOODLES TOGETHER WITH THE FLAVOR PACK “CHANGES THE MOLECULAR STRUCTURE OF THE MSG.
    IT CHANGES THE STRUCTURE FROM WHAT TO WHAT?
    THANKS.
    MSG BTW IS AN EXITO TOXIN USED BY MANY FOOD PROCESSORS TO ADDICT PEOPLE TO THEIR LINE OF FOODS,

7. JunkMonkie

Ha Ha , Its June 2015 – The article seems to be very accurate now .

By MANOJ SINGH THAYAT

By Abdullah Arif

By Veerpal Singh