SRCC Debating Festival, 2011: Get-Set-Go! [EVENT]

SRCC Debating Festival:

This House believes that disagreement is freedom’s privilege; and now this House, being the Shri Ram College of Commerce, presents the 6th E&Y SRCC Debating Festival 2011 — a platform for debaters across the country to use this privilege and win prizes worth over 1 lakh!

The Debating Society of SRCC in association with E&Y, HT Edge and Alchemist unleashes a four day-long, non-stop, high intensity crossfire of words with an explosive synergy between the renegade and the conventional debaters.

The first stop in this battle royale is CROSSFIRE — the parliamentary debate. It is a standard 3 — on — 3 format tournament where the Government and Opposition clash with each other for close to an hour to convince each other and the adjudicators of the righteousness of their stand.

Next is SYNERGY — the group discussion. It requires the participants to extensively discuss the given topics in groups of 8. Since the topics are mostly current affairs, it paints a clear picture of the perception and attitude of the youth towards the world events.

RENEGADE — the turncoat debate is another unique style of debating where the same speaker first supports and then opposes the motion in the course of his speech.

Last but not the least, is the SHRI RAM MEMORIAL DEBATE. It is the oldest and most prestigious conventional debate in Delhi University and in its 34th year, it promises to be even more scintillating and witty!

So ladies and gentlemen, what more can be said — get set to use the gift of the gab to win this battle without landing a single punch or jab!!

CROSSFIRE:

It’s that time of the year again — Shri Ram College of Commerce presents its 6th E&Y SRCC Debating Festival, bringing with it one of the most awaited and highly attended event, CROSSFIRE.

Crossfire is a back — to — the — basics, 3 — on — 3 format tournament where the Government and Opposition clash with each other for close to an hour to convince each other and the adjudicators of the righteousness of their stand.

This year the maximum number of teams allowed to participate in this event is 64; and of course, more the number of teams, bigger is the cash prize for the winners — Rs. 36000!! However, we at SRCC don’t believe in disappointing anyone — so even the runners up get a handsome Rs.21000, while the other semi — finalists walk away with a cool Rs.9000 each. Add to that, Chief Adjudicators like Sneha Chaturvedi, Prithvi Rohan Kapur and Utkarsh Saxena, other well known panelists and cash prizes for the top ten adjudicators, and what you have is one awesome event.

It goes without saying that with THAT kind of cash up for grabs the path to the finish line is not an easy one as all the teams pass 5 grueling preliminary rounds, followed by the Octo — finals, Quarter — finals, Semi — finals and then the Finals — all spread over the 4 days of the Fest.

What more are you waiting for? You’re not getting the motions or the cash sitting at home! So, Get Up and Get Going! See you at SRCC on 12 February 2011.

Disclosure: YouthKiAwaaz.com is an online media partner of the above mentioned event.

By Teach For Green

By Siddhant Nag

By Sourya Majumder