PHOTONAMA: Untouchability Still Exists In India [Kolar, Karnataka]

Posted on February 21, 2011 in PhotoNama

Our journalist, Putul Tiwari, went to Mulbagal taluk in Kolar district of Karnataka for research work. The photo journal below is about the existence of untouchability which still dwells in some parts of that area.

Mulbagal is a taluk in Kolar district of Karnataka which has more than 350 villages. Over 70% of the population of the place is Dalit. But if see from their eyes you will find that the majority is not the one who enjoys power. Copyright: Putul Tiwari/YouthKiAwaaz.com
They are the nameless. Even though theirs is a reserved constituency they do not enjoy the social equality. Copyright: Putul Tiwari/YouthKiAwaaz.com
They cannot enter either inside a temple or in the 'higher caste's' home. Copyright: Putul Tiwari/YouthKiAwaaz.com
They have seen this discrimination since ages and now have silently accepted it as a normal treatment. The younger generation is not much better than their elders. Copyright: Putul Tiwari/YouthKiAwaaz.com
The cycle seems never ending. Copyright: Putul Tiwari/YouthKiAwaaz.com

All photographs are a copyright of Putul Tiwari/YouthKiAwaaz.com. Copying, distributing, or usage for commercial use is strictly prohibited without prior written permission of the Editor-in-Chief.

Did you know you can add a post on Youth Ki Awaaz too? Get started here.