5 NGOs You Could Work With This Summer

By Pavithra S:

This summer, with the sun scorching us mercilessly, most would either sought the help of any hill station or remain safe inside our sweet homes. But ever thought about those who neither have a home to take shelter nor any money to save themselves? Ever felt the need to help someone survive and make a change in the society? Have you thought of joining an NGO this summer? If the answer is YES, then bravo!! Here is something that can help you on your quest. Well, if the answer is NO you may be missing out on a great chance to work for a good cause. Many NGOs around the world are striving to make the world a better place for the underprivileged. Your participation in anyone of the NGOs this summer may make someone’s life better. Here are a few organizations working for different causes in our country, which you might want to consider for an internship or volunteering:

1. Smile Foundation:

This organization strives to create a promising future for the underprivileged children. It aims at imparting universal education which can turn those children into productive assets thereby laying the foundations for nation building. Apart from this, the organization also works towards providing healthcare facilities for people from rural villages and slums. The organization has been ranked among the top 10 NGOs in our country. With its wide number of branches in the country, about 140 projects spread in 22 states, it is an ideal choice for anyone wishing to make their contribution to the society.

http://www.smilefoundationindia.org/

2. Help Age India

When there are many to care for children and women, this organization works for the betterment of the elderly people. It aims to make the society become aware of the concerns of the aged and their issues and also to educate the elderly about their rights. It is ranked as the No.1 NGO in India. Having affiliations with 51 member countries, Helpage India has many success stories to its credit. Once you make a donation you become a part of this organization and those willing to make a larger difference can become one of the caregivers.

http://www.helpageindia.org/

3. SaveLife Foundation

This Delhi based NGO has been working at revolutionizing the way we deal with road accidents and victims. From training the entire Delhi Police and NSG, to now spreading across the nation, SaveLife Foundation (SLF) is a first of its kind initiative in India that combines community volunteerism with Healthcare, Technology and Law Enforcement to facilitate immediate rescue and care for road accident victims.

http://slfindia.org/

4. Goonj

Started by Anshu Gupta in an attempt to address the clothing problems of the poor people, the organization has come a long way since its start up in 1998. The people at Goonj believe that recycling and reusing the clothes can substantially reduce the clothing issues for the needy in our country. Its yet another initiation, ‘Rahat Floods’ provides relief funds to the flood victims of Bihar, Assam and West Bengal. The organization has been selected as the best NGO of the year 2007. People willing to be a part of Goonj can donate clothes, organize collection camps or provide financial assistance. With nearly 250 partner groups, Goonj plays a significant role in changing the face of our country.

http://goonj.org/

5. Agaram Foundation

Founded by one of the most influential actors of actors of South India, the Agaram Foundation has gained popularity within a short span of time. The trust aims at educating the under privileged children of the society. While ‘vidhai’ works towards bridging the gap between the deserving children and quality education, ‘Agaram vazhikatigal’ mentors every individual child in bringing out their talent, dream and desire.

http://agaram.in/volunteer_register

Have more NGOs to add to this list? Do post your comments in the section below.

Img: © noborders

1. Alok B

Akshaya Patra Foundation – running the world’s largest mid-day meal program.
    Feeds 13,00,000 underprivileged kids in 17 locations in 9 states of India
    • It is the first Indian NGO to have been selected for a case study by the Harvard Business School of USA
    • Ranked 23 among Top 100 NGOs of world overall, Akshaya Patra is ranked number one in the world for children and youth, and number one in India by The Global Journal in the 2013 edition
    http://www.akshayapatra.org

2. Paddy

Also CRY- Child Rights and You. Check out http://www.cry.org

3. helping charitable trust

Helping Charitable Trust
    It is a great opportunity to introduce Helping Charitable Trust (HCT) which is a Social development, relief and advocacy organization registered in New Delhi (India) as a charitable trust in 2006. We are committed to the Millennium development goals. Our vision is to create a just, equal and peaceful society where everybody shares and cares for the poor, unprivileged and exploited people and make the world a better place to live in. Its priorities and objectives are to carry out charitable, holistic and sustainable development work among the poor, marginalized, downtrodden, illiterate, vulnerable and the exploited ones, irrespective of their caste, creed, color, sex or religion. It has completed 9 years of determined social development service in 2015.
    our Social Projects:-
    Non-Formal Education,Adult Education,Music Center,Medical Camp,Feeding Program,,Computer Classes,Knitting Classes,Social Awareness Program and etc…..
    so,
    sir/madam,
    plz donate to our ngo
    and more info to see :-http://www.helpingcharitabletrust.in/

4. kanchan rathor

I want to join NGO to save animals.
    I m youth & want to raise my voice with the help of youth to save homeless animals.
    There r so many Ngo for animals but rare for animals

5. sudhir

Hey friend most of the NGOs in India are working with conversion in mind , so I am very upset with our missionary NGOs…………………..Though I know one or two NGOs with good credentials………………….Came across this list of top 5 NGOs which are not involved in Conversion actiivities…………..http://wp.me/p72cA6-op

You may think to donate these NGOs

6. Vishal Tole

I Have To Join

7. abhishek

join me WhatsApp

8. Gagan Blone

I want to work for the betterment of the society but I can’t do it for free because I have a family to support. Previously I have already worked for an international NPO at Gaya, Bihar and now I want to teach English at rural areas of Assam.
    Are there any NGO’s which can pay me on a monthly basis so that I can impart English education to those needy children and at the same time get paid.
    Interested party can contact me at blonegagan@rediffmail.com or call me at 9864396169. I hope to get heard soon.
    Thank you.

9. isha bhatia

Hello,
    I’m isha and i have a few fund raising ideas concerning residential society problems. It will definitely lead to good results and
    will solve a lot of problems.
    Interested people can drop a mail at ishabhatia09@gmail.com where we can discuss further.
    Thanka alot.

10. Anil Soni

I have Join ngo n work

11. Shweta NARAYAN singh

Hi,
    Is there NGO near by mukherjee nagar,Delhi who also give salary for part or full time volunteers.

12. Sharanya

VOICE 4 Girls is offering six week internships to work with adolescent girls in Uttar Pradesh. This is a paid internship. Internship Dates: June 6-July 18. Those interested can sign up at http://goo.gl/forms/YjUjbfTEHL
    Look us up at http://www.voice4girls.org, http://www.facebook.com/voice4girls

13. yahvi

hey I wanted to ask whether students of age 14/15 can be volunteer in these ngos

14. ayushi srivastava

want to thank youth ki awaaz for motivating youngsters to contribute towards society..i have studied in a school which was an active member of many ngos…so i too want to be a part of such kindness…please help me in joining as a volunteer in any of such organization..m a graduate from varanasi…please do keep informing…

15. Aradhana

I want to work with ngo.

16. bipin kumar agarwal

Dear sir
    i am interest your ngo ….
    I alyes think help to ngo…so
    Please help how to join your group

17. sadiqs

I want to work with your NGO

18. disha kapahi

Zav Foundation is an NGO which thrives to bridge the evident gap between education and individuality.

Zavians conduct various educational events in government schools/colleges of Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra so as to streamline the quality of education in government schools/colleges and empower instructors.
    Even Zav offers various internships to students like and thus I would want you to add Zav Foundation to the list

19. Gaurav Shrinivas

Mission Learning Foundation – NGO
    http://www.missionlearning.org

Mission Learning is concept of helping the children and their parents with the knowledge to enable them to grow better in the society.

Mission Learning Foundation is a Public Charitable Trust, registered under Indian Trust Act 1882. Its soul lies in its mission of ‘Bringing smile on everybody’s face and make people happy’. We are dedicated towards achieving our objective of bringing happiness in life of every human being.

Mission Learning Foundation (Mission Learning) is a Gurgaon based not-for-profit organization working with children from low-income communities in the field of education.

The cornerstone of Mission Learning Foundation is the belief that gaining education is birth right of every human being and no child should be deprived of it.

Most Mission Learning children are from families where there has been little or no formal education, where the children go to school but do not have the ambience for studies.

http://www.missionlearning.org

20. Rashmi Gupta

I want an N G O

1. Tarun Dham

i have an ngo named nav vision trust.We gathered together for a good reason Started “NAV-VISION TRUST”. As name suggests Nav means new vision to Help those who cant afford Education for their children Medical for their family and other basics of the life.Our Trust will dedicate its Time , Resources and skills to children women and families in need without distinction of the caste ,creed and gender.. with a vision of enpowering thier life. Nav vision aims at providing study material and stationary to rural or needy students,distribution of books and note-books, clothes,uniforms,or meals.To organize and take up health,educational and welfare programmes for needy women and children on priority basis.To establish, develop, run, support, maintain and administer charitable schools, colleges, institutes , Hostels, Management Training Centers & Career counseling centers and all other charitable work. Nav-Vision focuses to provide welfare schemes to Aged ,widowed, Destitute , Physically Challenged , Orphans and help them to live independent and meaningful life.
      if you want to become a part of it you can be a member of our trust. pls contact 01125877951.

21. Ajay Pandey

Muskan is the platform for all those peoples who want to give their participation for the development of
    the society. And for this purpose, Muskan invites people to support as the way they want. You can
    either be the volunteer or you can send the monetary support or you can even give the materialistic as
    well. What all you need to do is just call Muskan 9953659128.
    http://www.muskanforall.com/donation.php

By Trickle Up

By Piyush Shori