By Pranav G:
With the admission season burning and youngsters from all over India flocking college campuses for admissions, we present a quick list of the top 10 engineering colleges in India, with the reasons why it made to this list.
1. Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB)
Advanced Pedagogic systems, exciting research, intellectual capital, dream placements, industry interface and superior infrastructure attributes to IITB leading the list.
2. Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IITD)
Emerging technologies, innovative degree programmes, oxford links through BBNM initiative, notable alumni strength, various student chapters and communities, expanding educational network, industry outreach.
3. Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IITK)
Established with the assistance of 9 leading US universities, sophisticated labs equipped with supercomputer PARAM, Diverse range of programmes such as Laser Technology, collaboration with industry.
4. Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM)
Internationally reputed faculty, effective administration, Several MoU’s and partnerships with foreign universities, innovative curriculum and grading system, many sponsored projects.
5. Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IITKGP)
Highest government funding due to its importance, lucrative sponsored research, array of programmes offered, best placements and salaries, distinguished alumni network.
6. Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IITR)
International academic collaborations, newly set with latest technologies and top notch facilities, state of art learning systems, industry tie-ups, funded projects and research.
7. Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG)
Collaboration with industry, Government aided projects and research for mutual benefits.
8. Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
Unique 3 tier academic framework, International projects, technological museum, advanced engineering and scientific research, worldwide reputation, active placement cell for lucrative recruitments
9. Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University
Best Development of Intellectual capital, highest publication output of technological and engineering journals, books, supportive entrepreneurship cell, prestigious recognitions globally.
10. National Institute of Technology, Surathkal
Effective administration, sponsored projects of multi benefits, industry outreach.