Top 5 Film Making And Television Colleges In India

If you are looking for a career in filmmaking and television then these 5 colleges in India offer the best courses. Visit now for more details.

By Chaitu Nampalli:

If you are looking for a career in Film-making and television then here are the top five colleges in India which offer the best courses in the country.

1. Film and Television Institute of India, Pune:

Among the top five the most preferred is Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune. It was established in 1960 and is currently celebrating its Golden Jubilee year. The ambience of the place is filled with best aspects of film-making. It is considered as a centre for excellence not only in India but also abroad. Its alumni include such luminaries as Naseeruddin Shah, Shabana Azmi, Jaya Bhaduri, Subhash Ghai, Mani Kaul, Shatrughan Sinha, Mithun Chakraborty, Tom Alter, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Raj Kumar Hirani and Vidhu Vinod Chopra and Oscar winner Resul Pookutty. The campus covers an area of about 30 acres and is planning to add 27 acres of land behind the present building for an international campus.

“We believe in giving students the freedom to interpret and learn things their way. So we don’t follow any textbook rigidly. Apart from some basic principles and theories, everything is fluid,” says Kedarnath Awati, professor of music.

It offers courses in Direction, cinematography, sound recording and sound design, Editing, Acting, Art Direction and Production Design, Animation and computer Graphics and Feature and screenplay writing. Apart from Acting, where it takes 26 students every year, all the other courses take 14 students. Excluding the above courses, it is also introducing new courses in film management, ad films, television journalism and 3D animation, and these courses will have a batch of 30 students, 2/3rd of the students being Indians and the rest foreigners. For admission in the above courses one must need a bachelor degree. For animation and computer graphics course one must clear XII class examination. Physics at the Plus Two level is essential for those seeking to study audiography. To support these courses this institute has outstanding faculty. Students get hands-on knowledge in all aspects of filmmaking and television.

It is equipped with two film studio floors and two television studios and in sound department it is exclusively equipped with Harrison audio mixing console. It has a spacious film and video library with a good collection of films and videos all around the world, and also a computer library has been set up recently.

2. Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute, Kolkata:

Next to FTII is Satyajit Ray Film And Television Institute (SRFTI), Kolkata, established in 1995. It is an autonomous academic institution and is administered by the ministry of information and broadcasting of the Government of India. Similar to FTII, it also offers Post graduate courses but only in four areas, they are Direction in screenplay, audiography, editing and cinematography. There is abundance of opportunities for the students as they are allowed to watch films in the institute. The institute consists of two theatres; one is main theatre and the other is called preview theatre, in addition to this there is also an open air theatre and also 35mm and 16mm screen projection facility. Libraries are brilliantly equipped. Batches are limited to 40 students and SRFTI attracts some foreign students as well. The institute has a canteen and provides hostel facilities.

And if someone wants to try out for Fiction and Non-fiction Movies production and everything related to it then SRFTI is the best option!

3. Whistling Woods International, Mumbai:

On the Top Five list third comes Whistling Woods International, Mumbai, established in the year 2006. It is chaired by the iconic Filmmaker and leader of Mukta Arts Production, the showman Subhash Ghai. The campus is designed with expert guidance of Australian Film, Radio and Television School. It offers a balanced, modern and complete course to the film making industry. It gives unparallel training in different aspects of Filmmaking. The infrastructure is fabulous and is geared with all the latest equipment. You can get every detail of it on their website.

The Whistling woods International Offers full time intensive courses which span over two years. The specializations available are: Acting, Cinematography, Direction, Editing, Business of Film & Television, Sound Recording, Design and Music Production, Animation and Screenwriting. There are Subhash Ghai, Shyam Benegal, Naseeruddin Shah, Hema Malini, Shah Rukh Khan, Karan Johar, A.R. Rahman, Dilip Kumar, Javed Akhtar, Mahesh Bhatt, Om Puri, Ramesh Sippy, Shabana Azmi, Ashutosh Gowariker, Nagesh Kukunoor, Satish Kaushik and many more as the faculty and part of the advisory board. Now, what more can we ask from this institution? The Institute is also helping students from less affluent backgrounds in getting loans and scholarships.

Mind You guys and girls, this is the Institute which is totally equipped with Sony Media Technology! And it is a platform for any of the aspiring candidate from all kinds of backgrounds as they have the chance to make their dream come true. Overall, WWI is modernized, amazingly equipped and it will give hands-on approach to both theoretical and practical aspects of filmmaking and television.

4. Center for Research in Art of Film and Television, Delhi:

The fourth on the list is Center for Research in Art of Film and Television (CRAFT), Delhi which is a non-profit, non-governmental organization registered as a public charitable trust to impart quality education in the field of film, television, and other media arts through short and long-term courses with specialization in various disciplines. It was established in the year 2009.

This one has a low teacher-student ratio, with 10 seats per course, guest faculty from the Mumbai Film Industry, training oriented towards film aesthetics, hands-on experience based on current industry requirement and rigorous training assuring guaranteed top placements. It is offering all the courses that FTII is offering and it also includes News Reading, Creative writing and Radio Jockeying. But the sad thing is that it doesn’t provide any accommodation for the students. Facilities are comparatively poor and faculty, though good, is not as impressive as the other colleges mentioned here. Overall, CRAFT is not so bad when it comes in satisfying students in terms of Teaching.

5. Asian Academy of Film and Television, Noida:

The fifth college is Asian Academy of Film and Television (AAFT), Noida. It has been training students in the art and craft of filmmaking since 1993. The Academy was built as an alternative to formal film schools and since then has established itself as one of the best film institutes in India. It proudly stands as the only film school in this part of the world to be certified by ISO 9001:2000 (International Organization for Standardization).

AAFT is offering four types of courses- 3 months course, one year diploma, two years diploma and 3 years course. These programs are taken into account based on the impact of media present in the day to day life. AAFT offers almost all the courses one wishes of when he/she is thinking of making filmmaking/television as their life’s goal!

All the modern facilities needed for the curriculum are present at AAFT, which includes 6 shooting floors, conference rooms, Rehearsal hall, film club, library, private screening rooms and 16 air conditioned class rooms. The health conscious students can use the gymnasium or they can play games like badminton or volleyball in the ground attached to the hostel. Students living in the hostel often get the opportunity of observing professional filmmaker and television producers at work. Security as well as an attendant have been provided round the clock at the hostel.

The placement of AAFT students is looked after by a special cell for rendering opportunities in the film and television industries, and since its inception the faculty of AAFT has been known for properly guiding and helping the students with their placement in the industry. The students are also given opportunity to work under Mukta Arts Ltd., Venus Ltd., Tips india ltd., Maruti International and also B.A.G Films.

Overall, AAFT is fifth best among the 5 options!!

Hopefully, this review might help most of the people. If you have any questions, please share them in the comments section below and we would be happy to help.

1. sayan chowdhury

how to apply for Film And Television institute of india,pune?and what is the syllabus for the written test?waiting for a fast reply.thank you

2. Dron Guha

Sir,
    I like to know About
    Institute Of Creative Excellence(ICE)…Mumbai..
    is this a good institute for Film Editing Course..i like to learn from this institute.what is the course fee.and tell me about Placement cell in this institute.if you could please inform me then it will be very helpful for me….

1. rahulsharma

i would say,ICE is not a better choice the fees is all around 3
      lakhs,they keep calling u for money,they dont provide good placements
      too,students are rarely placed from there,even they have their own
      production house…

3. akshay vasishtha

i have completed my xii and i am looking for some real good courses in film institutes

1. YouthKiAwaaz

We hope this list helped you, Akshay 🙂

4. kaushik saikia

Respected, sir. i want to be a directer like james kemorun. so plz tell me which institute is best for me. course fees, placemant, i m contact to whislewood international, there course fees is to high. film direction fee within 2year diploma is 16 lakh 45 thousand. so, i m requesting you to suggest me, what is best for me

5. Varun Batra

Dear sir/mam
    If i have to make a choice between CRAFT and AAFT , which one is good as Craft faculty and infrastructure is not of a standard level.
    For Mumbai , Is there any other institute apart from Whistling Woods which provides valuable teachings.What about Zee Institute of Media Arts? Is it good?

Awaiting for your reply.Hope to get substantial reply from you.
    Thanks

1. Rohit

Digital Academy Film School, Andheri.

6. television academy in mumbai

thnx for the information

7. A

DO NOT JOIN Institute of Creative Excelance in Mumbai..
    The management is ver bad.
    They are only after the money and nothing else..
    They will keep calling you until you pay the money and thats it..
    After that they dont care about you at all..
    They say, if you have any problem with the course come talk to us…but they never help you..
    TRUST ME there are other better places to study about film and acting!
    ICE is not good!

1. RD

Hi, thanks for this review. I was thinking of joining ICE. but based your feedback/review, it appears that they are no good/genuine. Thanks again

2. Ramesh kumar

I beg to differ as I’m working with Balaji as an assistant director after doing the prog & as an institute I think AAFT is much moremoney minded as they charge you Rs.3600/- initialy before go for a selection process.

3. Lucky

Hiii A….According to you I.C.E is not good…but how…????????????????

8. akhira

I am from Craft. Craft is a better institute i have ever seen in india with a low cost and with very experienced faculty from bollywood…defenetly everybody will like it…..

1. Sk26212

hi friend , i have some queries abt craft so plz join me at sk26212@gmail.com 

2. sunilmandal

are u the students from this institute ie creft… what is the course amount and place ment with faculty members.. plz elaboarate

3. joymoni ramchiary

Sir i hav completed b a and now i want to study film director course..so could u plz tell me any gud cllg in mumbai which is offering the courses in cheap cost

9. kishor kumar thakur

Sir i want to know what is fee structure of ftii pune in 3 months and 1 years

10. srirup sett

sir i want to know within craft Delhi and Noida Asian film academy which is better? though i know craft’s course fees is not expensive but it will help me to find a job?

11. Rahul bhardwaj

who is best institute for film direction beetween AAFT,noida and CRAFT,delhi.plz give me fast reply

12. gaurav sharma

i want learn film directory

13. milan kochar

14. rohan agrawal

is there a guarantee that all students of these colleges will have a part in films?

15. gaurav sharma

i want to take information that one course. sir please send me on this id

16. amit pushp

which is the best institute of film making
    1-ftii
    2-aaft
    3-zima
    4-ice
    give me answer plz
    and i living in gwalior mp

17. gatti aditya

watz the eliggibility to do direction course in film telivision&institute of india…me waiting for your reply

18. vikash singh

hi friends
    I am planning to take admission in direction course at CRAFT, please tell me if it is a good idea????
    MAIL ID: rajpootvikash666@gmail.com

19. pawan

sir main craft me acting ka corse karna chata hu plz help me ye koi farji to nahi

20. prem sagar verma

sir, I want to do the course of film making from digital acadmy mumbai.So, please suggest me is it the right place for doing the course or I will have to choose the another one. please suggest me soon.
    Thanks……..

21. prem sagar verma

sir, please suggest me which is better either zima,(mumbai) or digital acadmy,(mumbai) for film making course and which one gives a better placement.
    Thanks……

22. surendra pathak

i want to about the admission in film direction and writing and what is the procedure if i apply that.
    i m waiting your reply

23. Kritika

I’m going to apply in Roshan Taneja’s school of acting.. Can some one tell me how is it? Is it really worth joining there?

1. Piyush Gangahari

yes, Kritika me also mai bhi yahi krna chahta hu but koi guide krne wala nhi hai…
      kya apn dono sath mil kr reserch/struggle kr skte hai… frm Piyush…
      piyushgangahari@yahoo.in

24. raghav

acting,courses

25. Subham

Im in class 10..i want to study film direction or cinematography..after completing my class 12….which would the best to join WWI or the FTTI…im planning now onwards so that i dont chosse a bad institute in hurry..i hv a lot of time to thik….plz give the advice of joining which one the best….waiting for ur rply..rply fast..plzz

1. raju

join ftii,it is the best

2. MUMBAI FILM ACADEMY

Mumbai Film Academy is highly recommended by Students from all over.

26. Subham

hey..plz..rply..waiting for ur rply..And sugestion.

27. SS.RAMU

iam intresting direction cource 6monts fee how much

28. sureshkumar07

“GESTO Culinary & Hospitality
    Academy” is a renowned network of Educational Institutions dedicated to provide
    highest level of Culinary and Hospitality Skills Development Training through
    Top Class Programs. GESTO is a hospitality training Initiative of
    Emerge Learning Services Limited, India which is one of the fastest growing
    Skill Development Institutions in India to know about Hospitality Institutes
    visit http://www.gestoacademy.com Its very Useful for your Feature

29. niharika

HEY,THANKS FOR ENLIGHTENING US….IF THE CONDITIONS ARE SO PATHETIC, I WON’T CONSIDER THAT COLLEGE IN ANY CASE.THANKS A LOT!!

30. Saur_stranger

I would like to disagree on your comment for CRAFT. I have personal experience with craft as a student and it does not deserve to be in the above mentioned list. First of all the institue is first-floor based business. It does not provide the students ambience. The theory of 10 students per batch is wrong; when i studied, there were as many as 18 to 20 students out of which 3-4 separated themselves in early days. There teaching method is too of not high quality and i was not satisfied with it. I had to leave the course midway. I must say that they have a very UNIQUE STYLE OF IMPARTING TEAHCHING. They would introduce the new relevant words to you and ask to get detail of it from GOOGLE,,,WOW IMPRESSING!!!! I am not being skeptical regarding CRAFT but the aspirants please make a thorough research before you join in…good luck

1. Akiragola

if you are honest in your comment .do use your genuine name and cell no.

2. Akira Gola 2012

Some stranger, who claims himself to be students of CRAFT has said that it is “first-floor based business”.
      was he fool when he joined CRAFT?? he did not have the eys to see how many floors CRAFT had

he must be fool, because , how  many floors are required to acquire knowledge? IT IS NOT FLOORS but the teacher and infrastructural of any institute in film making which counts.
      lord Buddha created “world wide” wisdom school of Buddisum after renouncing the PALACE. so it is not the building which counts.

i am current student styding in CRAFT for past 5-months in the direction department.to say the least it is one of the brest school which offer4s quality students, come here and talk to any student, you will know the level of academic standard of this institute called CRAFT.w e are proud of our film school.

current student. Akira Golla.

3. sameer kumar

hiiiiiiiiiiiiii………………..akira this is sameer.i am agree wth u that someone is juss spreading rumours against the CRAFT,……i also DISCUSSED WTH few experienced persons abt CRAFT n they responsed positively abt cCRAFT……..but still i want little guidence to admin in CRAFT…for direction………..so can u guide me…….

4. Aritra De

Hello,this is Aritra De from Kolkata.Please give me your mail id in dearitra@ymail.com so that we can talk in details.I am also going to admit in july in direction .

5. Rahul Gupta

Heyy,, i want your email or contact no i want to have a conversation with u. i have also applied in craft film school.

6. Rahul Gupta

My email is rahulkm590@gmail.com. please send me ur contact no. i extremly want a conversation about taking admission in craft.

7. Mrinal kanti Bera

hello akera i am Mrinal and i want to admission in craft so can i get your number to call u and to know all information.my email adress is mrinalkantibera369@yahoo.in

31. film direction courses

Thanks for providing information…..

32. Rohan 667855

i really like the above selection of yours

33. Garanpal Neota2012

when i read the below comments by some students on CRAFT.i feel like re-responsible  this story which i did 5 years ago in yahoo questions answers session.It looks like some useless students are joing CRAFT film school and trying to damage the reputation of it

I thought of sharing my small story with you.i came from small town Dehradoon ,where I grew watching bolloywood films. I also wanted to study direction but got rejected two times from FTII interview . Then someone wisely advice” that film school is just begin to gain confidence that you can Make film. One has to prove oneself in the industry. “Not knowing what to do decides to find some private film school and almost visited 30-40 odd film schools (so called) based in delhi.Either they were mass communications or some media management when ever I met the admission counselor ,I always get this feeling that I will not be able to develop the “ sense of proper understanding for cinema”. I somehow came to know about this institute Located in Rohini called CRAFT(www.log2craft.org) which sounded like mathematics School from their website name but later it was more creative way to spell their Acronym!The moment you enter in this place while climbing the 3rd floor,you get the appropriate feel of cinema and I realize that they are right guys if one can get in here. I was interviewed and chances were that I will not be selected but somehow the interview board felt I am desperate and definitely wants the admission.Luckily I was 2nd in waiting and two people in the waiting list dropped for some health reason or something. Today I am so confident after our one year of study where we got to see best of international cinema which widened our horizon. At the moment I am working on this international project from Italy, docudrama about Monuments of India as an AD a contact I got through their International network of its director, naresh Sharma, who always say “If you are worth all my links are yours, so just study hard and Develop the cinematic magnet within you”

gaganpal neota.direction pass-out CRAFT.2007 BATCH

1. Haresh

Hi, Garanpal, my name is Haresh, can you please send me your E-mail, and phone no, to this mail ( maherharesh@gmail.com ) or ( hareshmaher@me.com ) I want to have a conversation with you! Thanks.

2. Rahul kumar

Hiii gaganpal..can u sent me your email ???? Rahulg975@gmail.com

3. Mrinal Kanti Bera

Respective sir i am Mrinal,and i want to know that can digital academy gave placement?

34. Neeraj Mittal

thanks for attention me becoz i was going to take admission in this institute
    mittal0044@gmail.com

35. gopal

Sir,
    I like to know About
    is this a good institute for Film direction Course..i like to learn from this institute.what is the course fee.and tell me about Placement cell in this institute.if you could please inform me then it will be very helpful for me….

36. raj

Hey I want to join the best school for cinematography, can anybody give me their expiriences and which school would be ideal to join.

1. maesh.

join CRAFT film school.it has the best teacher in cinematography.suresh.a.graduate from FTII IN 1984,having field experince of 20 years and 8 years of teaching exp.

37. mohan velu

iam mohanvelu from coimbatore,( tamilnadu),,iam doing my bachelors in visual communication(electronic media) nd hav keen interest in cinematography ……i hav a lot f confusion wether 2 study DFT or 2 try into film industry….if i want 2 study which s d best? ,as iam frm a middleclas family with lot f dreams…i dnt hav any political nd financial background…..2 enter into d industry witout knwing anything….give me a suggestion ….pls..

38. Riju Dutta

I am doing graduation in english..i want to be a director….can someone tell me which clg will be suitable fr me?…and kindly tell me what course/courses i hv to do in order to bcome a film director

39. soumava

Hi, I am planning to join ZIMA for the cinematography course. Can you kindly let me know whether is is good or not. AAFT and Craft offers Diploma course of 1 year each. On the other hand, zima does not offer any diploma degree.

also, as XIMA is based in mumbai, will it be helpful to get a job post completion of the course ??

40. Rahul kumar

I m student of class 12th ..after 12 class i want film making course ..but i do not know how??????please help me…my email id Rahulg975@gmail.com please help me..

41. Ramesh kumar

Ramesh babu

42. Ramesh kumar

I think ICE is the best in filmamking prog as they have live sets in mumbai .. I have got a very good experience with ice .I was a part of batch 8. I’m working with Balaji as assistant director & gaurav sharma my batch mate is also working Sanjay leela bhansali in Saraswati chandra..as an intern..They have guided visits also in live sets where they are doing rounds of shooting of the serials & movies..

43. Vikash

Hi I m vikash , I m joining zima for masters in filmmaking ,pls advise me if I should go for it

44. Mayank babbar

Hi I m Mayank ,I want to do diploma in editing and VFX so please tell me the best institute for this .

45. Lucky

hiii A….ok but how is the facuties of trainning…???????????????…….Is their any placement after trainning…..?????????????

46. solankimadan

what r the requirement for ftii and what r the cutoff for it and how to apply for it and it proceger

47. sonu kumar

FTII is very good film making university. I want to learn this university, What is the syllabus for the written test? what is the course, fees,and tell me about placement cell in this institute. waiting for a fast reply .Thank you

48. ikshu khera

Sir/Ma’am ..
    I have just passed my 12th class(isc) .. now i want to make my career in (acting/editing) ..
    just because i have a keen interest in this kind of field…
    so please guide my about the best schools/university for the same .. thankyou 🙂

49. Bishal

I have completed my diploma course in Electronics and Communication Engg. However my dream is to become a Video Editor and a Cinematographar. So please tell me what should i do to achieve it and make my carrier as a successful film video editor and cinematographer?
    p.S. I have not Studied Class XII as took admission in diploma directly after my matriculation.

50. Kshitiz Srivastava

Hello sir,
    . I am joining AAFT for 3year course(Direction)….. How is it ?????

51. muhammedsha

Sir,
    I like to know About
    how to apply for Film And Television institute of india,pune

52. abhishek

my friends laugh.. when i say i wanna be film director..!!! my parents who were there for me as my backbone in each n every stage of my life ..umm i don think they wil support me in this matter..me a film director..!! well born n brought up in village.. my people always wanted me to be a doctor.. fr which even i sacrificed my 130th ranking in architecture ..!!! but now .. i have made my decision.. decision to become a film director..!! so guyz… i need ur suggestions on this… if u consider ”direction” course alone.. which institute you suggest..!?? can anyone say how to get scolarship in Whistling Woods International, Mumbai .. !??? or can nyone say how one can get a scholarship in the above mentioned institutes…!!! please i need ur valuable suggestions… before the time takes me over again …!!!!

53. Hari Shankar

hlo sir i want tobecomea film director but i dont know from where i start and how should and what steps should i take, and in my surrounding there are no one who can guide me compeletly, and my family could not support too much financially..

54. shashank chauhan

hello sir,
    i compleated my bechlor in last year in fine arts, at msu baroda, m intrested in cinemetography, bt m nt know which one is gud at all sides like fees, education, placement? can u gave me some informection?

1. Abs

Hey! Have you looked at FX School?

I have many friends who swear by the quality of the institute and its faculty. They’re all film students and are producing some outstanding work in their projects.

Plus, they have an international partnership with FXPHD for visual effects education!

I’m gonna join them soon… check them out at http://www.fxschool.in

I went for a counselling there and their Foundation level is awesome because you actually get to learn the basic level of not just Filmmaking, but also related subjects like VFX, Animation, Photography, Digital Art, etc. for 3 months before you go deeper into your Film specialisation areas.

Find their facebook page and follow them to keep updated… I think it’s called “filmmaking at FX School” or some such…

I judge an institute by their student work, and their students are producing some awesome stuff!

Good luck!

55. Neeti

Hello!
    This post is almost 3 yrs old!
    Can you please post a newer article on this topic because the status keeps on changing!
    Thank you 🙂

1. roma

how does it matter FTII is staill no-1

56. arun dhaiya

Dear Neeti,
    films schools mentioned above are Really top five.I am graduate from CRAFT film school and studied cinematography.today i am working with very good production hose as DOP and getting 30k per month.what i learned in CRAFT film school is coming handy,though i did not go to FTII.
    arun dhaiya

1. siri vijji

hi can u please suggest me how is CRAFT film school and studies cinematography.

57. Krishna Sharma

Mumbai Film Academy is rated among the top 3 International Film Schools, I am a Film making student from Mumbai Film Academy and have been trained by the best faculty members of Film & TV Media. I am currently Directing episodes for Crime Patrol on Sony Channel in Mumbai and wish to recommend this school for all aspirants of Film & Television Media.

1. Mrinal kanti Bera

congratulation for your current future and next future.but now can i get ur number because i want to know all infoemation.my email is mrinalkantibera369@yahoo.in and i wrote 2 story for film.

58. Hesam Karden

Hi! My name is Hesham and I am an International student learning Film Making & Cinematography at Mumbai Film Academy, I find this film school as one of the Best in India with Hostel Facility. The Staff & Faculty members are very co-operative and provide Hands on Practical training as they have their own Cameras, Lighting Equipment, Recording & Editing Setup. Overall it is a great experience at Mumbai film Academy.As their tagline says…IF YOU HAVE DREAMS…THEY HAVE MEANS.

59. rhythm92

The colleges listed in this article are really some of the best ones in India. I am a student of film and television from FLAME,Pune and so far I have had a very good learning experience here. The faculty is exceptionally good and most of them have taught courses in Indian as well as international universities. When I was looking for colleges for film and TV in India,I did not want to join the horde and pick one of the mainstream colleges. I like it here, apart from good education,it’s a beautiful campus in the valley.Do take a look at it before applying for courses anywhere else! here’s the link to FLAME’s website: http://www.flame.edu.in/

60. Rony

My name is Rony and I am a student of Mumbai Film Academy. I am proud to say that the Faculty members are highly qualified and experienced in Film Making. I would recommend this to all the aspirants.

61. R. Singh

Want to spread a word of caution for students of film making. Recently got cheated by a place called Institute of Creative Excellence Mumbai, who have offices all over the country to admit students.Only good presentation and tall claims. Not worth a fraction of the huge fees they charge by making false assurances. Very arrogant administration. Make students sign a one sided agreement after receiving all fees in advance without giving them a copy. Facing many legal cases for duping students of huge amounts. Advise all prospective students extreme caution before paying them a penny. Do not get carried away by the false dreams they show.

62. sunidhi

hi guys,
    i am delighted to see that CRAFT is considred in this list.I am agrdaute of CRAFT and doing fine in my carrer.working as an editor in madras.If you canonot join FTII you must think of CRAFT.only problem is that they accept 10 students in each batch

1. Mrinal kanti Bera

sunidhi can u tell true voice.can sure now working in madras in editing.sunidhi i am Mrinal,i am from kolkata.can i contrct with u???????

63. Ravi Goel

hi guys,yes FTII and SRFTII is the best…………..but among private institute Whistling woods if you have money………if you donot have money then CRAFT film school in Delhi……..rest are all useless

64. suriender Dhatwal

yes when somebody said beloew that if you have money go to whisling wood……………………but where the poor people will go who donot have money…pl post more list of institutes where poor students can apply.now we know CRAFT film school is one but that is in Delhi
    what about students who are in North east

65. dushyant

hi……………i m dushyant me ek poor boy hu to kon sa istitute aachha rhega

66. Neha Gupta

Hello,
    Just like many of the people here, I wish to learn direction. But I cannot afford institutes with higher fee structure. My research says that FTII has seized the admissions this year for the film direction course. Have read about CRAFT in previous threads…but m still confused with MFA and CRAFT. Can somebody please help me. Any suggestions other than these two are also welcomed.

P.S. – Please drop ur email-id if u r an alumni.Would b pleased to have a conversation so as to clear my doubts.

1. tarun Ujjainwal

hi neha,i am direction graduate from CRAFT and have assisted in 2 feature films with nila mahdeb panad—i am kalam fame.you can email me tarun.ujjainwal@gmail.com

2. amar kumar

i m also confused about both institute. same reason bot are, if u decided then tell me. if u want contact then without hesitation call me. 09334478422:

3. Ajay

Did you get any mail id? Did you join CRAFT? If yes, please help me. I have applied for CRAFT and I want to know more about it. Thank you

67. Shivanka

I am Shivanka from Delhi and would like to state that after a thorough research of film Schools all over India, I am of the opinion that Mumbai film academy in Lokhandwala, Andheri west is the Best Film School providing total film study courses. I recommend this to sincere film students.

1. Archana

You are absolutely right Shivanka.This film school has grown in the last 10 years and is on Top Position today.

68. Nonie

Hello. This list is not very accurate. FTII Pune and SRFTI Kolkata are clearly the best but its choice of 3-4-5 is terrible. I am working in Mumbai as an AD and have friends studying at the LV Prasad Academy, Chennai. Its a private course by the world famous Prasad Labs of the film industry, but its fee costs a fraction of Whisting Woods. Its student films have worn national awards. Have any films from CRAFT or AAFT ever won a national award? Another very good institute is the govt run NID Ahmedabad which has a film and video programme at the masters level. Lots of NID films have won national awards too and its a really good course. Again, costs very little compared to whistling woods.

69. dpskoolsamit

would have been nice to paste the links to websites of these.

70. akash Lama

hey, my nAme is Akash Lama and I’m from Shillong,north-eastern region of India. I have just graduated from my 12 board exam.I want to be a film makers.I tired for admission in FTII in Pune but I didn’t got admission because last date of online submission of form was over.My result just got out and I scored only 52.8% .Is it possible for me to get admission in film institute and which ONE will be the best for me apart from FTII.Please guide me

1. Ravinder Kumar

As I am an ex student of Mumbai Film Academy & Currently working as Associate Director at Sony Channel I will surely recommend MFA as one of the Best Options for Film Making & direction. check www,mumbaifilmacademy.com

2. aman kumar

bhaiya ,just need your help,plz help me as soon as possible,my email-amank5531@gmail.com

71. SUDHANSU RAULA

hello,i m sudhansu from odisha. i wanna to be a director.but not able to pay that much of fees, so can any one say about CRAFT FILM SCHOOLS fees.plz guid me…..

72. Rohit Mane

Im confused between two colleges for Cinematography course
    1: Mumbai Film Academy @ 2 : FX school .
    any suggestion ?

1. Manthan Gala

Dear Rohit
      I am currently a film making student at Mumbai Film Academy and I have found that they have the Best Faculty for Cinematography & Lighting from FTII. Even the fees is very economical. I would recommend MFA to serious students.

2. Rohit Pandey

MFA is Best.

3. Janki

Hello,

I am huge fan of Digital Academy-The Film School MUmbai hence replying to all since the school has no mention above. Rohit please go and check out the school its in Gemini Studios -Andheri. It has the best faculty for Cinematography too as we had it as a part of the module in the Film Making course. So check out their website http://www.dafilmschool.com

4. Fiona

Hello everyone. I have previously studied at FX School. The experience has been incredible. FX School is one of the finest digital media institute in Mumbai. The best feature about it is being able to offer part time courses. As, a result I could attend my college and do the course at the same time as well. I would personally suggest everyone to go ahead with FX School. All the best guys!

73. Bolaji

To whom this may concern,
    Please,I’m a Nigerian and I wish to further my knowledge in film making in india. Is there anyone that may guide me as to which school is best and economical,alongside applying for a visa? Thank you.

1. Janki

Hello Bolaji,

Chk out http://www.dafilmschool.com . I have just completed my Film Making Course from here and have already started working.

74. Suvambiswal

hello,i m Suvam from
    odisha. i wanna to be a
    director.so which school is best for me.plz give your comment.

1. Janki

Hello Suvam,

75. Wasim Ahmed

What will be the expanses(fees) in studying film direction course in any one of these 5 institutes ???
    (I asked this cuz i hv d desire to b a director in future…..presently I m in class 11 )

1. Janki

Hello Wasim,

Chk out http://www.dafilmschool.com . I have just completed my Film Making Course from here and have already started working. Check out their website http://www.dafilmschool.com for more information . But i know that they need a basic qualification on 12th atleast but you can connect with them directly.

2. anil

how long of course you did?and how it is hard to get admit there.btw im frm nepal.can you jst reply me in my gmail.??

76. aman kumar

friends, i am in a greate dellima wheather to choose this film and television as an career option or nat,so plz help me out anyone

1. Janki

Hi aman,

Check out Digital Academy-The Film School too. Surprised Mumbai 1st reputed Film School does not have a mention here. Anyways visit their website http://www.dafilmschool.com for more details

2. Praveen Kumar

Visit Mumbai Film Academy counselor & get all your doubts cleared after detailed discussion.Call 9867726767.

3. Suresh.A

hai iahttp://www.youthkiawaaz.com/2011/06/top-5-film-making-and-television-colleges-in-india/#m learner in piano eager in learning new technology in music world. i request you to suggest me for the advance course, i may be contacted at 09731215983, u may also mail me the best course on kamsom2001@yahoo.com your early reply on my request will be highly appreciable.

yours Truly,

Suresh A.
      09731215983

77. JILBIN JACOB

i have to change in my life …. But never mind side then I m so happy my parents
    And my friends …. wen ..,ALL SO My big B GODS the real my life is hints thin he well be keep in my way so thanks for everything …..all so thanks

78. Praveen Kumar

Its surprising that MUMBAI FILM ACADEMY IS AMONG THE TOP BEST RANKING FILM SCHOOLS IN THE WORLD PROVIDING TOTAL FILM STUDY COURSES.
    http://www.filmschool.org/international/
    http://www.filmmaking.net/filmschools/
    and is not mentioned in your list. Please check http://www.mumbaifilmacademy.com

1. Kunal Singh Rathore

Mumbai Film Academy has won the Best Film Training Institution award in 2014 and is going ahead with the Shooting and production of First Students Feature Film in 2015. Its among the top film schools in the world. MFA Motion Pictures is making full length feature films with bollywood actors.

79. Kunal Singh Rathore

I m really confuse between Digitalacademy , Mumbai film acadmey and ZIMA!! What too choose? Plz reply somebody

1. Kunal Singh Rathore

Dear Friends
      I chose Mumbai Film Academy for my Film Career and I am proud of my right decision. MFA is the Best film School in India having excellent Faculty…Regards
      Kunal Singh Rathore.

80. Surajit pegu

when entrans form aviable?
    loane facility is aviable in the institute?

81. vignesh

fees detail cinematographer

82. madan

http://www.mumbaidigitalfilmsacademy.com/

plz suggest
    how institute will be?

83. hstaneja

dear i need email id of film makers using studio in india 9899688688

84. dilipkumar

I am writer. I am writing action thriller film. I am 17 years old. I have been all ready 2 films write. Please give me a chance to write.

85. dilipkumar

I want to excellent write. I want to write a movie in hollywood and bollywood. I am 12th pass. I am writing action thriller film. I am writing 2 action thriller film which can not remake of any film.and I want to best writer in world that my country name is upon the top in world. Please anybody help me. Please details of the film I am write ……..dilipk120890@gmail.com. ……..

86. Kunal

In spite of its good facilities and courses (as mentioned in the article) why has been AAFT, Noida still paced in the 5th position and not 4th?

87. Naman sharma

I want to be a film director in Hollywood and Bollywood so what’s the way should I follow to proceede

88. nitin billore

89. sanil

How could i apply for “WWI”mumbai .what is the qualification for direction course and i would also like to know about the fees . … Thank you

90. KAMLESH SHAH

My son is an engineering graduate having brilliant academic record throughout. He has studied in English Medium right from Jr. Kg. to Engineering graduation.

He is keen on doing a Full Time MBA course from a leading institute that offers Post Graduate Degree in Film and Television Management.

Please guide,

91. raushan

Hi,

I am Raushan Kumar, i am going to appear for my 12th final exams. I am very much interested in Film Direction and also wants pursue my career on the same field. Please guide me in this field so that i choose the right path.

1. Tushar

go for noida based institute aaft

92. Ajay pandey

sir I m luking fr a best cinematography institute in india,will AAFT b gud fr me ?n hws the placement record of AAFT???Plz suggest me…m waiting fr ur reply…

93. onyekwere chigozie

I want to study filmmaking in any good school in India .am perfect in acting and have passion in been a director or edictor. how can I be given an add mission?

94. Rahul Gupta

Dear sir/Madam, I have done my Graduation and i want to make my career in films and television i want to do the course in Cinematography and Direction but i m in confusion about the institutes, which would be good for me. i have applied in CRAFT film school for the course of cinematography and direction. Is this Institute good for me can i get the opportunity in future after completion of the course from CRAFT film school. and is there some other good institute please tell me about that which should not be so expensive but tell me about the institute whose fee i can afford and also their admission procedure and the examination syllabus. please suggest me soon.

1. MumbaiDigital FilmsAcademy

Hi .Sanjeev Mohapatra’s Mumbai Digital Films academy is one of the best Film and TV institute in Mumbai .Please visit website http://www.mdfa.co.in

2. ashok

wt course have u done from craft?
      how is the facility ?

95. devnandan shah

hello sir, my name is devnandan shah and i m the student from Nepal .i have more interset on screept writing n film making so for better feature of mine i want to join ftii colage of puny so what should i do so to get direct admission in the ccollage for my bachiolar degree.

96. mak

I want to join for Ma in film making… N already I have done my Ba from kkhsou plz help me how can I apply for the course

97. Veerappa.Kelur

Thanks for the information of Film &Television institutions.

98. shubh

I wanna do sound engineering. I wanna know which college is best for doing a 1 year course: AAFT,MFA or CRAFT.College of applied science,Kerala is any good?

99. Mrinal Kanti Bera

Hello sir i want to know that what syllabus for FTII entrance exam?

100. somnath mukherjee

I am class 10th pass.then I join a engeniarng clg.but having money problem I can’t complet my study and started a wedding planner businesses. Now I want to join a film institute for a direction course.is it possible?if possible then which one the best?

101. Manish

Want to know fee of director course and placement from campus or not

1. MumbaiDigital FilmsAcademy

Pls visit website http://www.mdfa.co.in or call 9920996328 .

102. randeep simgh

how to apply for ftii,pune plzz tell me

103. randeep singh

plz tell me of acting course nd fee structure

1. Shweta

Acc to me Sanjeev Mohapatra’s Mumbai Digital Films Academy is one of the best Film and Television Institute in Mumbai .they are charging very less fee with qualified faculties their placement Rates r also very good

104. alex

I am a Nigerian that is trying to learn Editing in your esteemed school. So I just want to know the basic steps to take and to also know the amount of money that will be spent for traveling and also for the school fee

105. SARIFUDDIN BAIDYA

7407395059

106. Aarun Nagar

Hello everyone i am Aarun Nagar . Best Film Actor, Writer, Director.
    http://kmpactingstudio.com

107. shweta pathak

I m shweta nd I got 75.3% my 12th exams nd ri8 now I m doing bsc chem from DU… I m in 2nd year but I want establish myself as a script writer lyricist nd filmmaker…. I belongs to a middle class family so how can I pursue my dreams plz guide me. .

1. sunny

Ur basically from which state

108. varun banotra

hello myself varun banotra I am a law graduate nd I hv really interest in movies so I want to try my luck in film making so u recommend me how can I got admission in ftti pune or any other institute

109. ravi raushan

tell me about ifti meerut

110. Pratima

As per students feedback & review regarding top rated film schools in India, Mumbai Film Academy is the best film training institute located at Andheri West and provides 100% placement assistance to MFA students in Films & Television media.

111. Pankaj Rahi

Sir please select me

112. Victor

sir, do Aaft accept English students for their master's degree programmes…am really in love with the school already…please contact me as soon as you get this

1. Yoshita

Hi victor.
      I am planning to join AAFT as well. B.Sc. in cinema.
      Could you tell me how the school is?
      Thank you:)

113. Aditya Chakraborty

Respected sir/Mam; I want to be a big nd famous cinematographer like that Anil Mehta,Manikandan V or K.k.senthil kumar. .but I’m confused to choosing the best institute in India; so pls suggest me…
    My choices is..
    1.Nicc -Bangalore
    2.Ftii-Mumbai
    3.Zima-Mumbai
    4.Whistling Wood International- Mumbai

Pls give me ans so
    fast..

114. Akshansh sharma

Sir i want cours and film & siriyal jobs

115. Vishal Mehta

Hellow
    sir/Madam

.
    i want full video editing coure. I like to know About
    Institute Of Creative Excellence(ICE)…
    Mumbai..
    is this a good institute for Film Editing
    Course..i like to learn from this
    institute.what is the course fee.and tell
    me about Placement cell in this
    institute.if you could please inform me
    then it will be very helpful for me.

116. Sumit Jaiswal

Hello sir
    I will do course of cemra oprator
    I have passed 10+2
    Mobile-8265911013

117. Virendra Rathore

Thanks for sharing info about these institutions. However, if someone is looking for jumpstart in Cinematography career then certainly nothing would be better than 10 days workshop by Deep Pal in Mumbai – http://bit.ly/1TznrfY

118. Vivek Sharma

Sir I want to take admission in Pune Film and television institute.
    So inform me that what is the procedure of it
    How can I apply For taking admission in Pune
    kindly send me email at mastervivek143.vs@gmail.com

119. Vivek Sharma

Sir also give me info that Which one is better between ,AAFT college Noida ,Edit works of Noida and the CRAFT of delhi

120. prashant verma

hello members,
    i am very much confused between the degree and diploma programme in CINEMATOGRAPHY from AAFT, I have to take admission in AAFT, as i’m very much impressed from the vibes of college.
    Now AAFT Is charging INR 2,60,000 for diploma for 1 year and for DEGREE they are charging INR 5,00,000 For 2 years.
    I really need help of someone who has passed out from AAFT.
    Please sir/mam do contact 9540258510 or mail me to contact at prashant.verma9893@gmail.com
    you 5 mins of time will really be helpful to me.
    Thank you.

121. Ratna Shankar Mishra

Comment * Sir.I want to become a film director which college I preferred and wha is the requirements for the college

122. PRABHAT SRIVASTAVA

i am intrested in admisson serial.

123. PRABHAT SRIVASTAVA

sir/mam
    i am intrested in admisson television college.
    i want to about the admission in film and serials college.
    i am going to apply in delhi, i passed 12th with 82.6 percentage.

1. Naresh Sharma

you can apply to CRAFT film school.from the website.www.log2craft.org….next session start from 31st july

124. Rohan kadam

125. harish parmar

I want to be a film director…. I have completed 12th …. please.. suggest me ..how to take admission in ..ftii pune…!

1. Naresh Sharma

you ahve to be gradute to appear in FTII EXAM……………..wuy waste time …..we offre same courses after 12th……………you can apply to CRAFT film school.from the website.www.log2craft.org….next session start from 31st july

2. khushal arya

Don’t go for craft,
      go for FTII, SRFTI, Whistling Woods and you will not regret in future.
      yes, if you want to waste your money and time then go for craft.

126. Milind Jinagouda

do FTII offers any type of placements in productions banners like AAFT do
    ……..and arent its they have the celebrity faculty members like whishling wood have
    …………………….plz rlpy as fast as posible

1. khushal arya

FTII don’t need to give you placement. Their name is enough in industry. if you do any course from FTII. your future will be bright.

127. Bhavin Oza

I am studying engineering and I want to become film director. How to apply and what preparation should I do for this and from where

1. Naresh Sharma

you can apply to CRAFT film school.from the website. www .craftfilmschool dot com….next session start from 31st july.2017

128. Akash Kumar Singh

I completed Graduation in 2015. I want to be an Actor. Please suggest me how to Apply online for FTII, pune for new batch.

1. Naresh Sharma

129. Ashok Das

This write-up is very useful, as it helped me to take right decision about my son’s carrier.

130. Film Academy

A newly opened film school in Mumbai.India. Offers all top film programs:
    Bachelor in Film Art
    Bachelor in Film Production & Management
    Bachelor in Screen Writing
    Bachelor in Visual Effects
    Bachelor in Animation
    http://rsace.edu.in/course/film-production/

131. vikash Anand

Very nice and impressive post. I found a similar blog and sharing the link below. I hope this will helpful.
    http://www.videoeditinginstitute.com/top-5-film-and-video-editing-institutes-in-india

132. Yash Chavan

MIT School of Film and Television located at Rajbaug, Pune , the abode of legendary filmmaker Raj Kapoor where his International acclaimed films were produced, offers BSc and MSc degrees in filmmaking, recognized by UGC – University grants commission of India. Being a part of MIT Art, Design and Technology University the students opt for elective credits in Music, Art and Design as well and receive all round education in media which could be qualified as a 360 degree perspective in media.
    http://www.mitsft.in

133. CRAFT FILM SCHOOL

Fee For 1-year full-time courses in CRAFT film school are as follows: 

Acting and Modeling course fees: Rs. 65,000/-
    Cinematography course fees: Rs. 1,25,000/-
    Direction course fees: Rs. 1,25,000/-
    Fashion Photography course fees: Rs. 95,000/-
    Creative Writing course fees: 95,000/-
    TV Journalism, News Anchoring, and News Reading course fees: Rs. 95,000/-
    Public Relations Advertising and Event Mgmt course fees: Rs. 95,000/-
    English Journalism course fees(  Print): Rs. 95,000/-
    Sound Recording and Audio Engineering course fees( with spl in Electronic Music Production)  Rs 95,000/-
    video editing course fees: Rs 95,000/-
    Radio Jockey: Part Time sat-sun 3-months:  Rs 25,000/-
    Wedding Planning: One Month: Rs. 20,000/- for more details…….vist craft film school. b-11.qutab institutional rea.delhi-110016.
    http://www.craftfilmschool.com

134. CRAFT FILM SCHOOL

craft is one of the Film school one can think of joing.www.craftfilmschool.com

135. click telugu

MGR Film and TV institute is best in South India

https://www.clicktelugu.com

136. Ashish Devghare

Renuka Entertainment Film making classes in Pune.. contact 8660618626

137. Nishka Vohra

its quite interesting looking up to see more really amazing

jrseo@vvu.edu.in

138. IFTDM

Really it is very helpful information. Those how are looking for film making collage can easily find according to their choice.

https://www.iftdm.com/film-training/

By Vinay Saraiwala

By Pooja Dahiya

By Pravin Gupta