Slut Walk Delhi, Jantar Mantar, 2011: Photos #PhotoNama

We were present at the Slut Walk Delhi, organized at Jantar Mantar, on the 31st of July, 2011. Below are the photos of the walk, as clicked by Anshul Tewari and Reeti Singh of YouthKiAwaaz.com, Jimmy Qureshi of Delhi Drum Circle and Anish Nair of Anish Photography.

Thanks to Anshuman Singh of Anshuman Singh Photography for the edits.

Do you support the slut walk? Let us know in the comments section below.

Asmita theater group at Slut Walk Delhi

The Delhi Drum Circle at The Slut Walk Delhi
Delhi Drum Circle at Slut Walk Delhi - Jantar Mantar
Delhi Drum Circle at Slut Walk Delhi
Delhi Drum Circle at Slut Walk
Police at the Delhi Slut Walk
Police force at the Delhi Slut Walk
Supporters of the Slut Walk holding banners against eve teasing and crime against women

All images are copyright of Youth Ki Awaaz and their respective owners. Please DO NOT COPY without prior permission.

1. Prateeksha

good work guys.great clicks. all five of u keep it up.

2. shrehya taneja

all the pics hit hard & drive the point home..well done guys..go slutwalk!!

3. cloudwatching

Glad to know that people are working to change the horrific attitude that women somehow deserve the atrocities inflicted on them. Keep it up guys 😀

4. manoj

Wow, nice to see finally people of delhi are raising there voice against one of the most common problems faced in the city : women harassment’s on broad daylight. Btw great pics kudos to the photographers.

5. anshumaan singh

i m so glad that i worked for such a noble cause……thanks to reeti singh who send me pics for editing…..!!

1. reeti singh

i just gave you the material! you edited them!. thank youth ki awaaz. they’re the platform.
      🙂
      fantastic job! keep clicking!
      😀

6. nigar k

proud of you guys! great effort by all of you.
    keep it up. hope you guys will keep covering more such events!

7. anil

You guys done a good job, this kind of activities should take place in all cities not only in Delhi.

8. anish

woww its such a great feeling to see my piks on this page,m glad i got a chance to contribute for a cause,thanx to youthkiawaaz n reeti singh.

9. The 50 Million Missing Campaign

Thanks for this! It is much needed. There hasn’t been much coverage of this march by the Indian media. What a SHAME!

10. Mandar

As per my opinion this is nothing but the foolishness.
    wht do you think rooming clothless in city can change the minds of people. Unless it will increase the thurst of the perticular person when he’ll watch the victim in such condition. And this will increase such cases rather than decreasing.

1. YouthKiAwaaz

No body was cloth-less. The mainline media has projected it similar to how it was in Toronto, but it was nothing like that. Do you see cloth-less people in the photos?

11. yaaawn

its funny!….saying we will wear anything we want but dont treat us like sex objects is the biggest paradoxical statement ive heard for a long time!!!

You think men are feeling-less eunuchs that when they see a woman in figure revealing clothes, they dont feel anything or get provocated? the word “provocative clothes” can you think into why it was named so?

You are trying to confront a basic feeling with which people are born – hunger, thirst, a need to be reconized, carnal pleasures etc. are needs of a man. You cant say I will put an aromatic biryani in front of a hungry person and yet expect him to move over and blame him entirely for trying to have at least a spoon of it.
    the blame is shared, the man for trying to have something not his, and the person who put it infront of him to have incited the act!!!

Man, hypocrisy, futility at its simple best!!!

12. Vivek

I totally agree to Yaawn. When women call for equality they should not claim for having special coaches in metro or seperate queues at public places. They should not expect a man or wait for a man craving for a place to sit.
    While wearing clothes, for both men and women , they, as per the very natural instincts, always think that how would the opposite sex find them, attractive sexy,now heres the point, if the oppsite sex would not find them attractive they would be highly dissapointed. So, subconsciously or conscioulsy they would want the Men to look at them. Its obvisous that the men would look at the revealing body parts as it attracts them. Thinking is something which we cannot predict, as both men and women sometimes may have wrong notions about each other by seeing the appearance, for ex, a guy wearing sleevless T shirt or an undershirt(banyan sort)outside, would imdly considered by lots of women as showing off his body or a hoodlum. which may not be the case. Thiking inside the brain we canot cahnge. Lot of hyprocrisy is there in india. Here, women would go around and sleep wid men, but when asked by new bfriend, she wud still keep on saying that this is her FIRST physical relatonship. or another ex, while asked by parents or someone ,if revealed, she wud say, she never wanted it, it was HIM who forced her to hae physical realtion. why canot women in india simply Reveal the fact that they had past physical relation? They wud call for equality and still continu to have their PARDA fhiding facts for social reasons.Amazing!!! They woud surely wear clothes to please themselves and also to attract the attention of other men, NO GIRL can ever deny that(except for those who are lesbian or homosexual), but still if men look or feel sexualy aroused, they will imdly judge him. paradoxal realy,knowingly somtimes they woud arouse or provoke but then as per them the men SHOULD NOT look or pass comments. its a fact that somtimes some women really like to show off their body same as like some men.women can look pass comments and have fun and even tease, but if a man looks then its an insult for them and imdly as per them he SHOULD NOT do that, this is really CONTRADICTORY. as if shes saying ‘i will werar a micro mini skirt even to the extent that u can see my udergarment but you wil nt get aroused, its not meant for you, i can dress up the way i want”. SO she dresses up like that to please herself or her female friends?? what a hypocrisey and double standard and contradictory indian women are. Please learn some good things from Western, if you are following so.in Europe,wher i hae stayed and work,women when call for equality, belives in it, and dont ask men or wait for men to open the door or offer them seats. its ALL equal. they wudnot say that she never wanted to have sex its her boyfriend who forced, and the very same she wud not HIDE her past relationship, and wud reveal it WITH PRIDE.ITS HIGHTIME. pls learn

13. Bharath

I agree with both Yaawan and Vivek. “Provocative Dress” Spells it ALL. Its a complex issue. As an Indian Society which has such a rich cultural heritage(Which is rational) we must be wise to differentiate between WESTERNIZATION and MODERNIZATION. As a knowledge society, our aim must be towards modernization keeping our cultural heritage upright and not westernization. I find Slut Walk an Imitation of the west. Youth of this country including me must be wise to see wisdom within culture rather than find it outside the culture. We must abandon superstitions existing in the culture and not the culture itself. Dressing is a Personal Choice. You have enough freedom in this country to wear what you like to wear. I have seen women in bikinis to burkhas. Fortunately, we havent banned burkha like the europen countries. Being a student of psychology i understand that there exists individual differences in the society. Men and Women from different background are different men and women. Womens dress certainly can be provocative. But its the opportunity that can make the sex crime happen. So i can only say for the good of the women – Dont Show your skin when you are not sure of the environement. If you say – look!! iTS MY FREEDOM. i SAY GOOD LUCK!

14. Harleen

Men should be offended when someone claims that women should prevent rape by not wearing certain things or not going certain places or not acting a certain way. That line of thinking presumes that you are incapable of control. That you are so base and uncivilized
    that it takes extraordinary effort for you to walk down the street without
    raping someone. That you require a certain dress code be maintained, that
    certain behaviors be employed so that maybe today, just maybe, you won’t rape
    someone. It presumes that your natural state is rapist

15. Harleen

To all you men out here who is blabbing. Skirt doesn’t mean “yes”. It is not an invitation to “SEX”. Us dressing up or down has nothing to do with you. I am sorry to break this news, but you fools should know that our lives DON’T revolve around you guys. As much as you like to think that, doesn’t necessarily mean you are right. So STOP with all these PRESUMPTIONS & ASSUMPTIONS.

16. Harleen

And puhlease about the whole “As an Indian Society which has such a rich cultural heritage(Which is rational) we must be wise to differentiate between WESTERNIZATION and MODERNIZATION”???? I hope you do know that there is a whole book called KAMASUTRA written by an indian centuries ago. So, stop with the whole BULLSHIT about our Indian culture this or that. Why does our culture tell, “Don’t get Raped”? When, what it should really promote is “DON’T RAPE”! So, go FUCK with your RAPE CULTURE!

17. sachin kumar

I dont understand this ambivalent attitude of women, they amble wearing skimpiest of dress but dont expect to b watched by only unpleasant person but,they want to b ogled by selected person whom dey like ,u can check d fact d same women who doesnt want to b seen by a man expect their husband to b aroused by just having had a look on her .everybody wd see the chicken wd same eyes ,the same thing cant look different to different person ,its like showing a red rag to bull n expecting it to be calm n composed ,its nature ,no one can control it ,ask urself ,dont u feel amorous when u see an extraordinary handsome guy ,if its not happening seriously its time for medical checkup.Everyday , when we leave our home we pray from d god ;please dont show me girls in less cloths ,it diverts our attention n causes lots of hormonal tides,why any person wd like to b in trouble ,its not easy for a decent person to control his amorous thought ,he has to fight really hard to avoid spiking testosterone n adrenalin level ;Its kind request to u women please let us live peacefully by wearing decent cloths …………… .

18. sachin kumar

@ vivek :its so true ,

By Bindita Sinhä

By Nilutpal Timsina

By Youth Ki Awaaz