UP Government Living Up To The Laptop Promise

By Twesh Mishra:

There seems to be a ray of hope for those who were impressed by Samajwadi party’s election manifesto. The Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav while initiating on the promise to provide free laptops and tablets to students formed a committee to oversee the purchase and distribution of laptops.

The committee, headed by Uttar Pradesh’s first Muslim Chief secretary Javed Usmani would be negotiating with IT majors for fulfilling the promises made by the SP poll manifesto. The committee would also be consisting 9 principal secretaries, including those of Information, Finance, IT, Planning, and Higher Education besides secretary (Secondary Education).

For the 28.14 lakh Class X and 18.19 lakh Class XII students, the state is inviting proposals for the supply of some 47 lakh tablets and laptops. The committee would be negotiating the prices to sustain the crumbling exchequer since the Samajwadi Party’s claim is likely to bear a price tag of Rs 4,555 crore. If official sources are to be believed, the government has already explored the possibility of obtaining laptops and tablets with HCL. The IT major’s Chairman, Mr Shiv Nadar and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav have already held initial discussions in this regard.

Even though the IT giant has expressed its willingness to facilitate the supply of the required number of laptops and tablets, the government is willing to explore other options available. Secretary Secondary Education and a member of the committee formulated to oversee the laptop and tablet distribution, Partha Sarthi Sen Sharma clarified, “The chief minister has made it amply clear that we need to go for competitive bidding and to get the best and cheapest and we are working in that direction.” He also assured that the work underway is in earnest and right direction.

The state government is believed to be working on a time-bound schedule and the gadgets might begin to roll out sometime around September. “It is a massive exercise, right from procurement, stocking to distribution and it will definitely take some time,” an official said. If sources are to be believed, the Chief Minister is personally monitoring this project.

The Uttar Pradesh government has the mammoth task of maintaining the 8.08% GDP growth rate attained in 2010-2011 and reducing the debt burden of Rs 2.21 lakh crore. Mr Yadav’s promises have been instrumental in making him the youngest chief minister of state but won’t assure him of being able to live up to them.

Twesh Mishra is the Political Correspondent of Youth Ki Awaaz.

1. Ankitrajawat

kya 12th class pass ko laptops milenge

2. Rahul kumar

me 10th me hu aur mere 75% result aya hai kya mujhe tablet milega.

3. neeraj yadav

mai 10th mai tha kya muje tablet milega, jabki mere 87.5% hai

4. Pranjal Gupta

i m also completed my 12 class ..
    i want my laptop as per the up goverment promise..

5. anwar niazi

how to get laptop …? what about the process……by through principal of school and D.I.O.S…or any other process??/tell me immdiaete..

6. Abhay Narayan Shukla

Mai 10th class me tha mere 82.16% hai. ham logo ko kab tak tablet milega

7. Abhay Narayan Shukla

Ham logo ko kab tak tablet milega

8. ishan tandon

same here how to get laptop n wen

1. jahid khan

its very easy to get laptop.
      . you know how????

9. km. priyank

sir
    mere marks 55% aye hae kya mujhhe laptop milega

10. guest

i have also cmpleted my 12

11. shivam

im also passed class 10 and the % of class 10 is 76 according to up government promises when we get tablet

12. Santosh Kumar From Gorakhpur

My brother also clear 12 class with 60% marks.
    I hope, he will also get as you have promise with us.
    But it’s not clear that what is the condition to get the PC.
    Santosh Kumar

13. kaushlendra

mai kaushlendra singh class 10 per 73%

14. shivshankar pandey

sir main ye janna chahta hoon ki maine bhi 12th 2012 mein clear kiya hai aur ye janna chahta hoon ki laptop kab tak milega,plz thoda jaldi bataye aur kya karna padega

15. shipra

m a 12th pass student …n i secured 90% marks…would i get my laptop…plz rply fast..m waitng..i want my laptop..plz

16. Shakib Khan

Laptop kab milenge

17. Savan kumar

18. shahwaiz, danish

hello sir when we wil get laptop tell me sir plz

19. abhishek trivedi

will that who left U.P. and gone some where else for higher studies can get laptop???????

20. mohit

hello sir when we get laptop tell me sir plz me 12th me ho or mary 63% namber hame kab melage laptob i leave in chandpur distt (bijnor)

21. mohit

moh.gokul nager chandpur up

22. kamal israni

I AM kamal israni mere inter board 2012 me 72% tha kya laptop ki koi vitran ki date bata sakte hai sir kyu ki mujhe course karne me asani ho jaae thanku i live in kanpur u.p

23. Dharmendra kumar

Sir Maine 12th passed kiya hai.mujhe leptop kab tak milega krapya jaldi batayain

24. sharuf ansari

sir,mane12th 2012 me 64.60% se passed kiya hai laptop ka mera number kab ayega

25. jahid khan

when we will get laptop in this birth or next birth.. is someone tell me????????..

26. mohit hayaran

mohit hayaran
    mane 12th passed kiya hai laptop kab melega

27. archana

mai ye janna chahti hu k jisne 2013 me 12th ka exam diya ho. to use laptop kb milega.or hum registration kha pe kar skte hai.koi website hai kya iski.

28. ravi dixit

meri sister 2012 mai 12th pass kiya hai laptop kab tak miliga

29. Abhishek Kumar Singh (@aksingh96)

I’m a 12th class student and and studies in a deep memorial public school ,ramprastha ,gzb I wanna know that will I get a laptop?

30. Muhammad Usman

very nice…..

31. manojsingh.sts@gmail.com

sir
    mere marks >90% aye hae kya mujhhe laptop milega
    Upasna Singh
    Lucknow

32. VIVEK Singh

Sir my name vivek singh hamane
    government college se 12 th pass kiya hai .
    Sir Please sabhi student ko laptop dena
    .jisase students age ki padai kar sake .jisase
    up me students ko padai karake up ka neme
    rosan kar sake.kannauj me sabhi students
    aapaka intajar kar rahe hai. sir my mobil
    nambar 7081748887 sir college 12th pass
    2015 mai rahtau adda pathat roda
    sankargah allhadaba post sankargah pine?
    nambar 212108 up my parsat 84’4% ok sir
    viveksingh0306

33. VIVEK SINGH

Sir my name vivek singh hamane
    Sir Please sabhi student ko laptop dena
    nambar 7081748887 sir college 12th pass
    2015 mai rahtau adda pathat roda
    nambar 212108 up my parsat 84’4% ok sir
    viveksingh03061999@gmil.com

By Ali Qalandar

By Akash Raj