Energy Efficiency: The Numerous Easy Ways To Save Energy

By Asha:

The sun, the moon and the stars would have disappeared long ago…
had they happened to be within the reach of predatory human hands.
~Havelock Ellis, The Dance of Life, 1923

Our earth, the most beautiful planet of the universe has long withstood the most terrifying earthquakes, fiery volcanoes and the nearly lifeless ice ages. But we, humans, supposedly the most intelligent creatures, have time and again proved to be more destructive than mother nature herself.
A major damage to the Earth’s environment is being inflicted by humans. Most of us know that pollution and global warming are serious problems that might lead to devastating results in the future. But what we fail to understand is that it is happening now and we are the sole reason for it.  And its only us who can curb it as well. We have already started feeling the destructive powers of global warming with melting glaciers, more intense hurricanes, rising seas, floods and extreme weather. It’s high time we realize the dangerous effects of global warming and pollution and use natural alternative energy sources. By making this switch to renewable natural energy sources we can do our bit towards making of a cleaner environment where we could breathe in fresh air.

The different types of alternative energy sources that can be used are wind energy, solar energy, biomass, geothermal energy and much more. These energy sources prove to be more beneficial as well as clean when compared to fossil fuels such as crude oil and natural gas. Solar energy has numerous uses, which are endless. Biomass is an energy source obtained from the waste of decomposed plants and animals. Geothermal energy is used for producing electricity and this does not cause air or noise pollution. Geothermal plants are rather small and hence they do not occupy lot of space. To make sure we have plenty of energy in the future, it’s up to all of us to use energy wisely. We must conserve energy and use it efficiently. It’s also up to those who will create the new energy technologies in the future.

Going about our daily lives, we use energy in almost every day to day activity. Yet there are many things each of us can do to reduce our daily energy consumption. We can make smart choices in our homes, our travel and living to ensure our participation in the conservation and improvement of the environment. A few simple changes is all we have to make, given these changes bear gifts for the life on this planet, we shall find happiness in adopting them. Most of us would agree that it is effortless to turn off the lights and fans in our rooms before leaving out. Smarter people will go for a change from incandescent light bulbs to compact fluorescent light bulbs which use almost seventy percent less energy than the incandescent light bulbs. After all who would not like to have a fall in their electricity bills to increase the weight of your piggy bank. In this world where there is survival of the fittest a walk to the nearest grocery would not only save the fuel your vehicle would eat up otherwise but also help you stay fit or maintain those curves. One major step is increasing the use of solar energy for heating water, generating electricity and concentrating solar energy to create fuel for your vehicles. Use of biomass energy to warm up your homes during winters will save energy. Moreover it can let you enjoy some priceless warm moments with your loved ones around the fireplace in your house. People can drive less, or use more efficient cars, smoke less, even cigarette and pipe smoke are pollutants, and replace their appliances and household products with more energy efficient ones.

By inventing more and more noisy devices and pollution causing vehicles we have deprived ourselves from the essence of life, the fresh air and the green and clean environment and thrown humanity into an atmosphere of screeching vehicles and toxic air. The serenity of the environment needs to be maintained for a better future and that is possible only with an efficient use of energy. Let us all do our bit to maintain the beauty of our mother earth which has long nurtured us and bestowed us with precious gifts of nature.

1. Ashi05

Saving energy is not a single person’s job. We all have to do our bit in order to use the resources smartly so that our future generations don’t feel the scarcity.

By Ethico India

By Aaditya Kanchan

By Navya Shorey