Dharmapuri Caste Violence: An Eye-Account Of The Devastation

On November 7th, 2012 three Dalits colonies of Naikkankottai village of Dharmapuri district were torched by a mob of caste Hindus after an upper caste man allegedly committed suicide over his daughter’s marriage to a Dalit boy.

Victims alleged that it was an organized attack by the mob consisting of nearly 1200-1500 people aimed at destroying the property of Dalits who were economically doing well.

Though police were stationed outside the villages after the couple had sought police protection, the rampage went on for nearly four hours before extra police forces were deployed to bring the situation in control.

YouthKiAwaaz.com’s Amritapa Basu visited Naikkankottai seven days later on November 14th, 2012. Here is a collection of photographs that tell the story of the situation in the three colonies of the village.

1. Shivangi Singh

This is amazing! Congratulations 🙂

1. Jana Nagappa

congrates for whom … murderers or victims……

2. Jana Nagappa

congratulations for whom for accused or victims……..

2. Jana Nagappa

we d sc/st must understand tat this incident is not d first one and this wil not be d last one. We must think tat even though we r well educated,govt jobs, well settled ,POLITICIANS and having thousands of organisations , many agitations and having more than 20% of total population STILL WE ARE UNDER ATTACK…. this shame for us and shame to our country…

our own country man is treating us like a dogs and pigs….. since from thousands of years we r under attack but we never attacked anyone. this is wat d true nature of humanity . But if we still opposed them with d same old methods like agitations, sathyagrah and violence(naxalism) we cannot alter or change the situation.

Then how can we fight? Answer is Ambedkar way. Our enemies (manuvadis) weapon is violence but our weapon should be INTELLIGENCE. They will hit u with there weapon , you hit them with your VOTE. Vote is the strongest weapon which is given by our great Babasaheb. Vote determines POWER . Grab d power which they used upon us all these years. But we should not do the same thing as they did. Power creates d world of peace and non violence if it is in our hands …. JAI BHEEM

3. Jana Nagappa

we sc/st must understand tat this is not d first incident and dis will not be the last. even though we r well educated , well settled , class one officers ,so many organisations and agitations but still we r under attack. from thousands of years manuvadis killed our familys, raped our women, burned our houses but we never did the same to them having more than 20% of d total indian population.We never harmed anyone, this is wat we called humanity.

but”Nonviolence wherever possible , Voilence where necessary”-Dr. Ambedkar.

we did many agitations, protests and even fought with them ,but still we r helpless. All these actions had became useless . Our MLAs , MPs had became manuvadis pet dogs.Never expect anything from them.

Then what we have to do ? whether we have to continue the same old methods agitations, protests (which babasaheb had not mentioned) or have to fallow AMBEDKARISM.

Agitations, protests are not our weapons against manuvadis violence. Manuvadis are violent but we have to become intelligent.The most efficient weapon which babasaheb had given to us is VOTE. Vote determines POWER.

Using our votes they are getting power. And they are using this power against us.
    WE HAVE TO GRAB THIS POWER . “political POWER is the master key through which u can unlock all the doors of progress”-Ambedkar. But after getting the power we should not do the same thing as they did. We can make our country peace and powerful , if we r having RULING POWER.

Those who never get power in der hands will never get salvation and will be destroyed…And those will become slaves again.Only ruling class can survive.Only the party which is under the Leadership of Untouchables(sc/st)

Nonviolence and sathyagraha is Gandhijis allergies, should not be ours.

The Great father Kanshiramji had experimented in Utter pradesh and succeeded by practically applying Ambedkarism. Now its ON OUR SHOULDERS (STUDENTS)to CONTINUE the CARAVAN……

Jai bheem…. jai bharath

4. Jana Nagappa

we sc/st must understand tat this is not d firstincident and dis will not be the last. even though we r well educated , well settled , class one officers ,so many organisations and agitations but still we r under attack. from thousands of years manuvadis killed our familys, raped our women, burned our houses but we never did the same to them having more than 20% of d total indian population.We never harmed anyone, this is wat we called
    humanity.

we did many agitations, protests and even fought with them ,but still we r helpless. All
    these actions had became useless . Our MLAs , MPs had became manuvadis pet
    dogs.Never expect anything from them.

WE HAVE TO GRAB THIS POWER . “political POWER is the master key through which u can unlock all the doors of progress”-Ambedkar. But after getting the power we should not
    do the same thing as they did. We can make our country peace and powerful , if
    we r having RULING POWER.

The Great father Dada saheb Kanshiramji had experimented in Utter pradesh and succeeded by practically applying Ambedkarism. Now its ON OUR SHOULDERS (STUDENTS)to CONTINUE the CARAVAN……

Jai bheem…. jai bharath

5. Jana Nagappa

dogs.Never expect anything from them.

do the same thing as they did. We can make our country peace and powerful , if we r having RULING POWER.

Jai bheem…. jai bharath

6. Jana Nagappa

we sc/st must understand tat this is not d first
    incident and dis will not be the last. even though we r well educated , well
    settled , class one officers ,so many organisations and agitations but still we
    r under attack. from thousands of years manuvadis killed our familys, raped our
    women, burned our houses but we never did the same to them having more than 20%
    of d total indian population.We never harmed anyone, this is wat we called
    humanity.

but”Nonviolence wherever possible , Voilence where necessary”-Dr.
    Ambedkar.

we did many agitations, protests and even fought with them ,but still we r
    helpless. All these actions had became useless . Our MLAs , MPs had became
    manuvadis pet dogs.Never expect anything from them.

Then what we have to do ? whether we have to continue the same old methods
    agitations, protests (which babasaheb had not mentioned) or have to fallow
    AMBEDKARISM.

Agitations, protests are not our weapons against manuvadis violence. Manuvadis
    are violent but we have to become intelligent.The most efficient weapon which
    babasaheb had given to us is VOTE. Vote determines POWER.

Those who never get power in der hands will never get salvation and will be
    destroyed…And those will become slaves again.Only ruling class can survive.Only
    the party which is under the Leadership of Untouchables(sc/st)

Using our votes they are getting power. And they are using this power against
    us.

WE HAVE TO GRAB THIS POWER . “political POWER is the master key through
    which u can unlock all the doors of progress”-Ambedkar. But after getting
    the power we should not do the same thing as they did. We can make our country
    peace and powerful , if we r having RULING POWER.

The Great father Kanshiramji had experimented in Utter pradesh and succeeded by
    practically applying Ambedkarism. Now its ON OUR SHOULDERS (STUDENTS)to
    CONTINUE the CARAVAN……

Jai bheem…. jai bharath

By Pallav Banerjee

By Rimpit Majumdar

By Saurabh Gandle