#12Dec12, #BeforeTheWorldEnds, #Indian Of The Year: #Twitter Trends

Posted on December 12, 2012 in Specials

By Shivangi Singh:

12-12-12 created much media hype. How could our favorite Microblogging website not keep up? ‘#12Dec12’ remained the top trend of the day:

@riya043– “It is not just #12Dec12 … every date comes only once in a lifetime. Try to make the most of it.”

@iPallabiDowerah– “Happy Birthday to superstar Rajnikanth. When Rajnikanth goes through immigration, the officers show him their passport. #12Dec12”

@naman_kapoor02– “Himesh Reshamiya was way ahead of 12-12-12…He gave the world “13-13-13 SUROOR” 😀 #SMS #12Dec12”

Another very interesting trend, namely ‘#BeforeTheWorldEnds’ kept Twitter abuzz. Here’s an interesting sneak-peek into some of the witty tweets:

@C_Chanda 71– “#BeforeTheWorldEnds y’all should know you’re cool, but loosen up. Even if the world doesn’t end this year you ain’t gonna live forever.#smh”

@GhadiRohan“#BeforeTheWorldEnds I want to see Arsenal winning a silverware.”

@synapsewitshrut“#BeforeTheWorldEnds I want to see a fight between Rajinikanth and Chuck Norris.”

A particular media house had an innovative idea. They put together a special award ceremony called “Indian of The Year” before 2012 ended. #IOTY was the trend of the day:

Suhasini Haider– “5hrs to go to #ioty, and guess who’s here?(unf he has some gig to attend :)) with Ron Schneider of Gun’s n Roses”

Rajdeep Sardesai

“ #ioty Sonali …the young lady who had acid thrown on her face…and is fighting bravely”

“ Anyone who guesses this year’s lifetime achievement winner gets to anchor the news tomorrow! Hashtag #IOTY”

“India’s Common Man is the #ioty for enduring pretty much unliveable conditions & yet keeping society nearly intact.”

Did you know you can add a post on Youth Ki Awaaz too? Get started here.