Growing Power Crisis Hits Industrial Growth In Tamil Nadu

Posted on April 3, 2013 in Specials

By Thomas Arun:

Thanks to the rising power cut, most of all the small and medium industries in Tamil Nadu have already shut shop. This year, there has been a significant reduction in industrial output as well as agricultural output from T.N. Kanchipuram, the famous destination for silk sarees, Tripura, the famous destination for T-Shirts et all are waiting endlessly for power.

Sun sets behind electric pylons in Allahabad

To add insult to injury, the activism against industries, factories and dying units are ensuring the final nail is punched on the coffins of TN industry and put to rest once and for all. My communists friends, who are all on Facebook, happily forgetting it as an American corporation and accessing it in their made in China laptops/ipads/iphones etc. and who patriotically rise their fist against capitalism and target small and medium industries in Tamil Nadu and ensure nothing would ever be stamped with ‘Made in Tamil Nadu/India‘, please do listen — Already there is a huge influx of products from china and pushed into the hands of all Tamil people with the stamp of ‘Made in China‘.

Have a look at the ‘kosu‘ bat, the mobile phones that is owned by poor Tamil farmers/people or even the smart phones like Apple and even cheap grinders, mixers, toys et all, even the solar panels don’t have the tag  ‘Made In Tamil Nadu‘, they are all ‘Made in China.’

I never mind Sterlite getting closed since Vendanta has enough acumen to shift their factory to China, but do you think the small dying units and the small power hand loom units have acumen to shift their factory to china or any where else in India for that matter ?. Dear Facebook communist friends, they have no where to go. ( A point to consider — Doesn’t Indian Railways often cause accidents and provide only ‘compensation‘ ? Shouldn’t they be asked to shut down?)

But then, don’t worry. Tamil Nadu will now become famous for free TV, free mixer grinders, free laptops and all the more important, free electricity(not kidding its there in the promises). Coupled with 100 days of labour provided by the center with the most efficient PDS system, and forgot to mention the various ‘Rights’ – Right to food, Right to Education etc. coupled with the now famous ‘Amma Hotels‘ will ensure every Tamilan will now be given hand-to-mouth survival. Yes, the future is here.

Govt shall give, Made in China Kanchipuram pattu sarree, Made in China dindugal pootu for free and we shall have 100 days of labor and eat to our full in the Amma Hotel.

Well, the govt promised that they would work on war footing but never imagined this was the plan!