HAVE YOUR SAY: Should Narendra Modi Be The Next PM?

Posted on April 12, 2013 in Politics

If you agree, post your reason and comment in the “I AGREE” box below; or use the “I DISAGREE” box to post a comment if you disagree. You can also tweet using the buttons below.

[symple_column size=”one-half” position=”first”] Namo1
No matter what you say, Gujarat has seen massive industrial development in the last decade. The income level of people has been high and the quality of living has been better than many other parts of the country. Gujarat has seen the birth of industries, entry of FDI, booming infrastructure, but is that a qualification enough for Narendra Modi to become the next Prime Minister of India? Many say yes! His recent comments about focus on women and the need for IT have also strengthened his support.
[/symple_column] [symple_column size=”one-half” position=”last”] namo2
Gujarat underwent the Godhra riots, and the Chief Minister allegedly did nothing to stop them. His own party workers and allies were a part of the killing mob. That aside, Gujarat faces extremely high hunger levels and malnourishment rate — higher than Tamil Nadu, West Bengal and surprisingly even Uttar Pradesh. Socio-economic problems are plaguing tribal Gujarat. Massive water scarcity in Gujarat has also been a worsening crisis in the state. Is Industrial and infrastructural development all we need, or do these social factors matter too?
[/symple_column] [symple_highlight color=”yellow”]Should Narendra Modi become the next PM of India?[/symple_highlight] If you agree, post your reason and comment in the “I AGREE” box below; or use the “I DISAGREE” box to post a comment if you disagree. You can also tweet using the buttons below.

[symple_column size=”one-half” position=”first”][/symple_column] [symple_column size=”one-half” position=”last”][/symple_column]