This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Gulal Salil. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

The Modi Operandi: How To Escape Conviction

More from Gulal Salil

By Gulal Salil:

There are more evidences of Modi’s involvement in Gujarat Genocide than Afzal’s involvement in parliament attack.
While Afzal Guru faced death penalty, will the hon’ble Supreme Court use the same yardstick for this criminal?

In April 2011, Sanjiv Bhatt – the then Additional Deputy Commissioner of the Indian Police service filed an affidavit against Narendra Modi, Chief Minister, Gujarat, concerning a meeting involving government responses to the Godhra train incident of 2002, in which he claimed to have been present.

narendra-modi

In the meeting, ministers were suggesting that the bodies of people burnt alive in the Godhra train be brought back to Ahmedabad before cremation; whereas Sanjiv Bhatt claimed to have suggested the contrary as he feared that it might ensue violence, as the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the youth wing of the Hindutva-oriented Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP), the Bajarang Dal (BD) had already started causing tensions. Sanjiv Bhatt also claimed that Narendra Modi in this meet had asked the police officials to allow “Hindus to vent out their anger against the Muslims.” He also alleged both that Modi told his officials to be “indifferent” towards rioters and said that Muslims needed to be “taught a lesson“.

Sanjiv Bhatt was immediately suspended from his duty with allegations made at him by the government that he had stopped turning up for it in a sincere manner. The media was filled with articles and reports of Sanjiv Bhatt vs. Modi – now the prospective PM of India for and by the larger population of India. It has been 2 years since Bhatt filed the affidavit, and today he is nowhere to be seen.

He is still alive, but suspended and stripped off of his duty and status, and out of people’s minds. The mass murderer of the Godhra Riots, the great BJP leader, CM of Gujarat, the new face of the Indian Government, role-model, inspiration against all corrupt, who could have easily stopped the genocide, roams free while around 30 FIRs are lodged against him in relation to the 2002 Gujarat Riots.

And we follow:

Gujarat is a state in Northwestern India. On 27 February 2002, a train burning in the town of Godhra, Gujarat lead to 59 deaths, most of them Hindu pilgrims and religious workers returning from the holy city of Ayodhya. Local Muslim leaders had been found guilty of burning the train. Riots broke out in the state as the act was caused by Muslims in which 790 Muslims and 254 Hindus (official figures) were ultimately killed.

Unofficial figures suggest as many as 5,000 killings, most of whom were Muslims. While it is true that many of the people on the Ayodhya-Godhra train were women and children, unofficial sources and investigations also suggest that most of the people on the train to Godhra who were said to have been ‘pilgrims‘, were actually Hindu activists involved in various forms of ‘hooliganism‘.

The Godhra riots went on from 27th February, 2002, till Mid-June 2002. Narendra Modi was the Chief Minister of Gujarat back then. He has been winning for the past 3 sessions now. Recently, Narendra Modi went to Delhi, India’s capital city, for a speech in Delhi University’s Shri Ram College of Commerce. While he was making the speech, there were anti-Modi protestors who had gathered outside the college. They were met with violence from the police and beaten up badly.

While most of the people in Gujarat are Hindus, there is a large, uncounted chunk of Muslims living in a dire state in some small nook and corners of the state. While Narendra Modi avoids charges because he has the police in his pocket and power in his hands, he also whisks away from the basic question of morality, which should be raised by us, the people.

He spits in our face, while we hand over power to him and to other people like him. He throws the so-called development of the state at us, as if doing us a favor while we fool ourselves, and believe in him, granting him the status of the Anti-Corruption Crusader, a fighter against injustice, the people’s man, who made Gujarat – India’s most developed state. While the Indian National Congress fools us with its innocent public behavior, the BJP fools us with Modi’s supposed goodwill.

In the end it’s all just glorified agendas, promoted to superficiality so much, that we forget the ground reality. The better people left behind, we just keep searching for minute holes, believing in ‘God’ while we forget the big black dot kept whitened in front of us, being fiercely promoted in our faces. We don’t recognize that.

It is the Modi Operandi people.

1. Ramen

You take Sanjeev Bhatt’s claims as gospel truth… But when his wife gets Congress ticket, it makes one wonder if there is something wrong…

Also, Congress is known to use CBI for its benefit… if there are concrete proofs then why has it not done away with its nightmare already?

2. Vinay Gupta

Perhaps the writer/author should be aware of the facts before writing any article. He supposedly has knowledge that over rides the arguments/decisions as presented by the government against Mr. Modi in various courts in India. This when the govt. has left no stone unturned for his conviction.

Below is an independent report on the issue which I wish the author had read before writing such baseless article.

http://www.jaia-bharati.org/nicole-elfi/ni-godhra-ang.htm

3. ankan12

It is clear that this is not Modi Operandi but rather a paid congress propaganda which the writer of the article has dutifully carried out. It is quite evident from this article that the writer is trying hard to convince that Modi’s evil and the so called Khangress is the savior; for if, it was an unbiased article it would have talked about the Sikh riots and how the Khangress managed to slaughter so many Sikh’s openly and no news channel would even talk about it. In case you forgot, far more people got killed in the Sikh riots than the riots in Gujarat. On second thoughts, your article needs to be quashed as a Khangress ploy to misguide the gullible people of my country and make them forget about all the other riots that have taken place in Khangress ruled states since Independence– And this country can never progress unless an Indian rules us and not an Italian family. Period. This is my motherland and i would rather have an Indian dominate it than outsiders. Jai Hind!!

4. Nil

He said and she said. Just look at the numbers and it will tell u the whole story.
    Answer these questions
    1. How many years congress ruled vs BJP?
    2. Total how many got killed in congress vs BJP rule?
    3. Total how much money corruption in congress vs BJP rule?

Obviously, both parties are no better than other, but I would put least corrupted party in the power.

5. gulalsalil

For if, I would’ve talked about Congress and the Anti-Sikh riots, this article wouldn’t have been called ‘Modi Operandi.’, and would’ve been titled the World Operandi.
    Just because I don’t mention a reference/incident, doesn’t mean I am supporting it. Please get your logic right.

To Ramen – Read How Politics Works for Dummies. I don’t have an answer for this.
    To Vinay Gupta – Thank you for mentioning that article. I’ll read up on it. However, as far as I know, this is just one story. There are a lot many evidences that support the idea that Modi never got convicted. But, going with the deal of logic and rationality first, I’ll read this story too.
    To ankan12 – Just like for the Sikhs in the Anti-Sikh riots, the Indian Constitution is secular for the Muslims in the Godhra riots too.
    As I said, just because i don’t mention the Sikh Riots doesn’t mean I support the Congress. And just because I say nothing against Congress and say only against BJP or Modi, doesn’t mean I support any either.
    I am against both.

Please get your logic right.

6. tanvi

i would like to question the writer that has he recently been to Gujarat or visited post 2002,if not then perhaps you should visit, observe and question muslim population.then you’ll know what has Modi done .
    ive been dre for more than 7 years ,interacted with more than 50 muslims of Ahmadabad,vadodara and also of Godhra, 99 % of them support modi and appreciate what he has done for the state .
    “While it is true that many of the people on the Ayodhya-Godhra train were women and children, unofficial sources and investigations also suggest that most of the people on the train to Godhra who were said to have been ‘pilgrims‘, were actually Hindu activists involved in various forms of ‘hooliganism‘.”
    by writing this u are clearly defending the people that were behind burning the train.
    “While he was making the speech, there were anti-Modi protestors who had gathered outside the college. They were met with violence from the police and beaten up badly.” people just find excuses to blame Mr. Modi ,don’t you know that people protesting at india gate post dec 16 gang rape were also beaten up …
    so please before writing an article get your facts write n don’t mislead ‘people’ by writing such baseless crap.

More from Gulal Salil

By marvel hela

By Krishna Singh

By Deepak Kumar