This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Nisha Kutty. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Here’s A List Of Best Schools For Studying Music In India And Abroad

More from Nisha Kutty

By Nisha Kutty:

Now that the admission season is upon us, most of the undergraduate aspirants are rattling through online forums and websites to find the best ranking colleges in their chosen fields of study. Life after school begins with an impending feeling of confusion and anxiety within most of us today, as choosing the right college for the right area of study requires intense research.

These areas of study are broadly divided into fields of Art, Science and Commerce. Within India, intense competition is seen in all three fields. For some of you who are aspiring for a more selective area of study like Music or Painting, the number of options are limited and the competition more fierce. Based on rankings of various web portals and newspapers, here is a list of the some of the best music schools in India:

music

– Visva Bharati University, Santiniketan, West Bengal — It is an autonomous university founded by noble laureate Rabindranath Tagore in the year 1939. Being one of the oldest universities in India, Visva Bharati boasts of a long list of alumni, which include renowned Bengali artists like Rezwana Chowdhury Banya and Suchitra Mitra. In India, the university ranks high in the list of colleges offering a course in music.

– University of Delhi — Delhi University offers a rather competitive post-graduation degree in music and a Doctor of Philosophy in Music.

– Delhi School of Music — This is one of the very few schools in India to have a tie up with a European Universities like Trinity College of Music, London. Delhi School of Music also offers a great guitar tricks training program overview and a very challenging course in Western Classical Music.

– KM Music Conservatory — A music school founded by A. R. Rahman in the year 2008, this Chennai based Music Institute offers two internationally recognised degrees in collaborative partnership with Middlesex University, UK.

– Adarsh Kala Mandir — One of the oldest Art colleges in India, Adarsh Kala Mandir, situated in Madhya Pradesh, specializes in offering degrees in almost all fields of art and music.

Apart from these, there are several colleges and music institutes abroad which offer prestigious degrees in music. Some of them are:

– The Juilliard School of Music, New York
– Radcliffe College (Radcliffe Institute of Advanced Study), Massachusetts
– Royal Academy of Music, England
– Berkeley School of Music, Boston

With this list in hand, most of you would surely find it easy to go through the prospectus of each of the colleges, narrow down the specifications and make your admission procedure quick and hassle free.

So, good luck and always remember to prioritize your wants from a particular course above the ranking of a particular college.

1. vocal clases

very nice blog.. Thanks for sharing this information..

2. Megha Singh

awesome blog…quite directive for me..!! 😛

3. Dixit

do these schools provide sound engineering, schools listed in india

4. Rakesh Asileti

Thank you very much for the info 🙂

5. Clinton

Music Degree college in Bangalore

6. Aabid

Singing is my life

7. Harsh

in search of bahelor courses in music

8. Harsh

good

9. Harsh

kindly provide me the in formation on colleges in gujarat for bachelor inmusic

10. Tri

It’s not Berkeley College of Music, its Berklee College of Music. Atleast do your research well before writing such articles.

11. Rejkaur

Comment *I like music

12. Nishut Suman

kindly tell me some college in which i can learn music instrument like guitar jackset etc and can make a higher degree in these line…..

13. gowtham krishna

Comment * I don’t have enough money to study music college is there any scholarship to enter or free classes to study but iam beginner….. do not know how to play please help me guys… ………..

14. preet

i want to learn music i m in search of good university…who provide good conection with music…anyone know about universities plzz text me.

15. clinton fredrick

The Bangalore Conservatory ( http://www.thebangaloreconservatory.edu.in ) is a music institution that provides study in Western Classical Music with the vision to transform lives positively through music study and performance. It seeks to set a world- wide standard for Music Education, Performance and Music Worship in the church.
    The Bangalore Conservatory provides students with training in Music Theory, Music History, Vocal Performance, Applied Lessons, Church Music Leadership and Music Education. The Training is combined with academic study and professional development. Students have an opportunity to perform regularly, exhibiting their talent and expertise throughout their three years of study through weekly recitals and several public concerts during each year. Students also have practical music teaching experience before they graduate.
    For more details, visit our Page: http://www.thebangaloreconservatory.edu.in

16. Antesh Mishira

I am ankita mishra I want make singer but I have not family support and money but I know that l am talented girl please believe me and help me i suffer form financial problems so i can’t pay money but i can do hard work to achieve my dreams. I want right platform to complete my dream please help

17. Ankita Sharma

Professional music courses will help you craft the right career path. AAFT provides the best music production courses in Delhi NCR. Such music courses are built to focus on developing the sense of music in students. Such course help you gain the technical excellence in the music amphitheatre so that style your career path in your own way.

18. Amaya Rajan

Is there a 1 year course in classical music

More from Nisha Kutty

By YUMNA MOBIN

By Sushruta

By India Film Project Asia's Largest Content Festival