This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Kavyaa Vidyarthi. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

4 Brilliant Alcohol Rehabilitation Centres In India: You Can Build A Better And Independent Future

More from Kavyaa Vidyarthi

By Kavya Vidyarthi:

Alcohol addiction is almost synonymous to drug abuse, just, more often than not, it is a more self-inherited form of abuse. Alcohol dependence is most likely a slow process. It grows with time. Similarly alcohol rehab too is a gradual process. It frees you from the fetters of alcohol dependence and helps one lead a more sober life- not to forget a more hale and hearty one too.

Alcohol rehabilitation centres are often mistaken for places where tough treatment is endowed on people and they are almost kept as captives. However, today, alcohol rehabilitation centres are more like discussions, meeting in a group of people from different walks of life, facing similar issues with alcohol dependence or even alcohol withdrawl. You would not be subject to any kind of inhumane treatment or any other traumatic experiences.

Some well-known alcohol rehabilitation centres in India are:

alcohol rehabitilation

Safe House Wellness Retreat: It is a de-addiction centre located in New Delhi and is unlike most other rehab centres. It keeps you in the comfort of a luxury resort and is one of the most luxurious rehabilitation centres in not just India but also in the world. It offers services like a 12 week 12 step treatment, detoxification, substance abuse counselling etc. providing luxuries and a comfortable lifestyle. It also includes in its treatments Yoga and meditation, Discussion hours, Storytelling making it a more interactive and interesting treatment.

Barasat Phoenix Foundation: Another luxury de-addiction centre located in Kolkata, West Bengal. Alongside common services they run corporate programs too and also provide free treatment sessions. It is one of the better places to get rid of alcohol dependence and leading a more sober life and they take both residential and outside patients for treatments. The Nasha Mukti Kendra is basically the cell responsible for the rehab treatment.

Om Beach Resort: Located in Kunta, Karnataka it is surely a paradise in the name of rehab centre. It is a beach resort where rehab is provided as though you are vacationing. They have special Ayurveda treatments for alcohol de-addiction and also run programs for smoking cessation. They provide a less medicine based and more nature based therapy to stall re-addiction and an almost no side- effect treatment. The treatment prices might seem exorbitant to some but if you can afford it, there is no better place in India to take rehab treatments.

Arel Hope Recovery Services Private Limited: This setup is based in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh and is a luxurious residential rehabilitation centre in India. They provide family treatment, early stage counselling, youth substance abuse counselling, talk treatments, discussion therapies and detoxification as well as yoga and meditation therapies. A general public opinion of the centre is reputable and it is one of the more successful rehab centres in India.

The centres listed above are only a very few of the many that provide alcohol rehab services in India. Rehab centres are not for people losing their sanity. They are for people subject to substance dependence in their life. Those people can be You, Me or anyone else. Shying away from them is no cure. Also, if you are unable to find a convincing rehab centre in your city and you are unconvinced about taking the treatment in other cities consult your physician and get together a rehab group of your own with help of doctors. Though the treatment might be slower but beginning somewhere is only good. And maybe you would not need a rehab centre at all. Do not consider rehabilitation treatments without consulting a medical officer/ doctor.

Infographic source

1. Shalini

Hey kavya,
    How did u categorised these rehabs?
    Did u go to these places and did some research .
    I am looking one for my dad …
    So wanted to be sure….

Thanks aton

1. deepa

my uncle is in hand of heavy alcoholism , my aunt n my cousins are really verry worried, what to do n what are the treatments . plzz anyone suggest. plzz.

2. Safe House Wellness

Dear Deepa,

You can call us on +91-9717-88-66-33 for information on treatment at Safe House Wellness Retreat.

Best regards,

Team Safe House

2. gill

Hello sir..m in big trouble. .can u please recommend me the best deaddiction centre for an alcoholic in North India as soon as possible. .thank u.

3. haresh daryanani

I run a premimum rehab in Pune .
    my contact no is 7045438519

4. RAMESH

Please refrain from publishing ill-informed articles. People on a look-out for rehabs are obviously in crisis situation. A misleading advice can ruin many lives. Thanks.

Ramesh
    Counseling psychologist

5. A seshadri

Want to join for around 3 weeks

1. Preeti

You can check out http://harmonyrehabilitationcenter.org. It’s situated in nature’s lap and team is very nice.

6. Pukhraj Bishnoi

Safal sava santhan jodhpur

7. Pukhraj Bishnoi

Safal sava santhan jodhpur. Helpline -8094016600,8094017600,8107434329

8. Rehab center in Mumbai

Great one! Thank you for providing these details as there are several people who are addicted towards alcohol & drugs.
    For them such a list of rehab centers will certainly prove to be useful.

1. Armen

Check out this recovery center in Gokarna

http://www.greeneryrecoverycenter.org/

I had very good experience staying with them. Highly recommended!

2. Dave

Thanks for the information. You can also find more about rehab centers at http://www.rehab-center.in/

9. Rehab center in Mumbai

Our sole aim in starting New Hope Trust Rehabilitation Centre is to facilitate Recovery of the patient through care, education and counselling thus enabling him to lead a sober drug free life.

10. shivam

I found best treatment facilities at Roar Wellness Rehab which is located in Chhatarpur Delhi. I have sent my Dad to this rehab and quite satisfied with their treatment methods and their personalized behavior, Team at Roar is well experienced and cooperative. Now my father is completely alcohol free and happily living his life. I would say Roar Wellness is the best alcohol rehabilitation centre in delhi. You can check their website for more info- http://www.roarwellness.org/drug-alcohol-treatment-facility-delhi-india/

11. Sameer

Safe House wellness retreat was a happy experience. My brother was a hopeless case, who we had given up on. Today he is better then he was before he started to drink like a mad man.
    Thank you team Safe House.

12. John Barbuto, MD

I believe we must remember that drug use/abuse is a symptom. It is not the core of the illness. Certainly, the symptom is the surface that everyone sees, and that generates everyones concerns; yet, it remains only the symptom. Therefore, to those who submit here I ask, “What do you think is the actual illness in the case of the patient you discuss?” Unless the actual illness itself is understood and treated the symptom (drug use) may easily return.

As a physician in the U.S., I ask this question only to better understand perceptions of the illness in India. I am quite interested in cross-cultural perspectives of this illness.

13. soham

Kavya and YKA – you have certainly taken the idea of abandoning your social responsibilities to new limits by DELETING every single bad review of Safe House Wellness Retreat and including new reviews that endorse them! Please do not call yourselves journalists or pretend that you are serving any social responsibilities! And for every misinformed patient who makes their way to Safe House (or even Roar), hope you can rest well with your conscience! And if you realize your decision to remove the reviews was misinformed, you would do the right thing by posting back ALL the reviews!!!

14. Atul

Thanks for this post. I like the way you describe about Rehabilitation Centers. Many peoples are addicted to alcohol and drugs now days. Many families gets destroys because of that. Harmony Foundation is the also one of the best rehabilitation centres in Mumbai where fantastic hygienic facilities are available.

15. Parul

I want to know some good rehabs for my brother who is Drug addict.
    I came to know few from this post..but need some rehab in which they don’t beat the patient ..as per my
    lil knowledge ,to control the patient mental/physical state rehab centers opt that beating stuff..Is it true?

He is afraid of that and asked me to check rehabs where they don’t physically assault the patient.

Please be truthful so that i can convince him more to join that.

16. Preeti

Hi Parul,
    Your fear is judgmental. But all centres are not the same. You can check out Harmony Rehabilitation Foundation based in Mumbai. They treat patients in a very friendly manner. I believe beating is not a solution for these type of habits. They have inhouse psychologists who under the patients behaviour and treat them in a way in which the patient responds quickly. You can talk to Mr. Shekhar at 9892602922 and discuss your queries with him. You can also visit the center.

17. Shyla

Hello mam..one of my online friends is a drug addict. His mum died when he was just 9 and his father drinks and he only is the cause of the boy’s mum’s death. The lady suicided for the father had an affair with some other girl. He says he wants to go to his mum. He takes drugs and alcohol. Last night he had rum with weed and heroin in nasal. He’s scared of approaching a rehab for he fears of a police case being filed against him. So, does going to a rehab really leads to a police case?

18. rahul camma

This list is not accurate.Earlier there were negative reviews regarding Safe House Wellness Retreat.Now they have been removed
    I remember last time i checked this website a girl was looking for de-addiction center for her dad and she chose Safe House Wellness Retreat. After that she
    posted the review as well on this website.Her experience was horrific.

Kavyaa Vidyarthi i just don’t understand why you have deleted bad reviews regarding Safe House and kept only the good reviews.

If you are not sure about the facts then please remove this list from the website.

1. vaishaligoyal

I am looking for rehabilitation center for alcoholics, can anyone please suggest a center that has successful results.

19. Jyoti Sharma

World Brain Center (WBC)hospital has the best Psychiatrists in India who specialize in stress management, depression, rehabilitation and various psychological behavioral disorders. http://www.wbcindia.in

20. Nasir Ansari

Are you looking for a Sampark Foundation, Nasha Mukti Kendra, Nasha Mukti Kendra in Delhi, Nasha Mukti Kendra in Gurgaon, Nasha Mukti Kendra in Noida, Nasha Mukti Kendra in Ghaziabad, Deaddiction centre in Delhi, Deaddiction centre in Gurgaon, Deaddiction centre in Noida, Deaddiction centre in Ghaziabad, Alcohol Deaddiction centre in Delhi, Alcohol Deaddiction centre in Gurgaon , Alcohol Deaddiction centre in Noida, Alcohol Deaddiction centre in Ghaziabad, Drug Deaddiction centre in Delhi don’t waste time on rode just Call – 91 9911077977, Mail: rajeevkokcha28@gmail.com
    web- Nasha Mukti Kendra

21. Jason Micheal

For addicts of alcohol and drugs. Contact 9212102229. We provide best treatment for addicts under Phycatrist and doctors

22. Rakhi Sharma

Its really nice that you shared about best rehabilitation centre and it would be helpful for sufferers to get correct guidance and place for rehabilitation or de-addiction. I want to add one more name in the list of best rehabilitation centre which is in Delhi and that is Sahyog Clinic. Yes, this is good for alcohol/drug de-addiction treatment and I am suggesting the name just because my father also got treatment here by Dr. Gautam Bhatia and today he is living normal life without alcohol or drugs. So, people who are in South Delhi can go there for de-addiction. To read more about Sahyog Clinic or getting contact details visit sahyogclinic.com

More from Kavyaa Vidyarthi

By Pushpendra Singh

By YLAC

By Avinash Tavares