Rape? It’s Your Fault: Their Smiles Will Either Make You Numb Or Angry, And Definitely Make You THINK

With their smiles, their beaten up black eyes and their bandages, Kalki Koechlin and Juhi Pandey say it all in this satirical video. You’ll have to watch it to feel it.

1. bansi dhameja

As described in this video to some extent I also feel that provocative clothing could also increase the inhuman incidents of rape. As a result of provocative clothing the rapist is over powered by his animal instinct and indulges in this crime against the society. The question here arises why he is unable to control himself?
    If we ponder seriously we may see that our society these days does not emphasis on practicing imposing restrains on one’s own self. There is no emphasis on morality and there is no fear of the law.
    Under these circumstances women have to think of self protection and avoid the situation to the extent they can to eliminate chances of such happenings.
    At the end I would like to add that
    ROOT CAUSE OF ALL PROBLEMS IN OUR COUNTRY IS THE FALLING STANDARD OF MORALITY AND HUMANITY. UNLESS WE ADDRESS THIS ISSUE NO RULES, NO GOVERNMENT ACTION CAN HELP PREVENT OCCURRENCE OF RAPE.
    WE HAVE TO MAKE OUR PEOPLE MORALLY STRONG.

1. Mugdha Kiran

Women should be given the liberty to wear whatever puts them at an advantage while at work. Which clothes are perceived as revealing are all relative to how conservative the society is. How can we be responsible for the bestial insanity of a barbarian? Its time people should stop blaming us for all he violence that is done to us. No I m not for skimpy outfits, but its high time all of us realise that “WE ARE PEOPLE TOO”.

2. Raj

While labourers and farmers wear less but most men dress up conservatively. Would you be OK if men wore revealing clothes in contexts that are not justified? Would you support men showing their crotch bulge as fashion?

3. Vaishali Jain

I believe, that’s possible through education. If ethics and morals are instilled at a very prime age, all the negative aspects the society faces shall reduce to a great level.

4. Raj

You mean brainwashing , right?

2. gunjan

rape happens when a man or group of men with low self control gets a girl and a place…no matter what ever is the age, dress, time, relation with the girl…..

3. suman

That’s a great “Sarcastic” video!! I appreciate and can clearly understand what it means. but whoever made this video or who’s ever concept this is, unfortunately your purpose of the idea will ultimately fail.

The audience whom you are trying to educate that no matter what women dress or do, they will be raped. but the so called literate or illiterate audience has its own understanding by which they interpret it like this;

1. “Oh… see the women themselves accept that they are the root cause of this heinous crime” – fools who do not understand sarcasm

2. ” Sahi hai yaar, ladkiyoko ghar mein hi bethna chahiye, ladko ka kaam aakhir ladkon ko hi karna chahiye” – irrespective of their educational background, Men/Boys have a greater EGO, if not all, but most of them do.

3. “Women should know self protection if they are willing to do what they want to, if they don’t, then what can anybody do” – its not important to these kind of people that law should be strong

4. ” We should value our morals, traditions, customs and blah blah blahs, only then we can get rid of such crimes…” – meant only for WOMEN. Not necessary that MEN too should do the same (i mean following one of their the traditions/morals of respecting or at least not harming women)

I, therefore feel that this video will not help understand its actual meaning but instead create more problems for women where dumb men/women will be able to say that the women have accepted their mistakes!

By Debarati Sen

By Youth Action Hub- India (Delhi)