This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Sweetie Sinha. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Will Vanzara’s Letter Sound The Death Knell For Narendra Modi’s Political Aspirations?

More from Sweetie Sinha

By Sweety Sinha:

In the game of chess, you sacrifice pawns to save the king. This is what Vanzara’s letter reveals about the role of the Gujarat government. DIG D.G. Vanzara has accused Modi of having failed to protect the jailed police officers who were prosecuted in a series of fake encounter cases that were conspired in the aftermaths of the Gujarat riots. According to the letter, the police force was only implementing the “conscious and proactive policy of zero tolerance for terrorism” which was laid down by those at the highest level of Gujarat’s administration. Vanzara accused that it was the top leadership that was inspiring, guiding and monitoring the actions and hence the policy makers must also be questioned.

Vanzara

However, the timing of the letter is crucial and it is a major hurdle for Modi who is harboring national aspirations. It signals that his road to New Delhi is not a cake walk and the ghost of 2002 continues to haunt him. The letter has set the stage for direct assault on Modi. In his letter, Vanzara has targeted Amit Shah, Modi’s trusted lieutenant and this can have severe repercussions for BJP as the man is the chief election campaigner in the crucial state of U.P., Shah’s tainted persona can have a negative outcome for BJP in 2014 and it seems that Modi is backing him, that goes against his political and strategic wits. What is more damaging for Modi is that similar facts, as pointed by Vanzara, have been backed by few other detained officials and it is out in public. This is definitely going to tarnish his image in public.

On the other hand, Vanzara’s claims that he was just a loyal soldier to his masters can be questioned. Definitely, these police officers were not on an individual expedition and were backed by the political authorities in power. But it is evident that he got favourable rewards and so he worked in compliance with the government policies. He could have denied it on moral and legal grounds to protect the sanctity of the police force. But he chose not to do so. As such, the extra judicial killings that were carried out under his guidance were just to appease the Modi government.

For Modi, these encounters have given him political dividends. He can attribute his success of 2007 elections to these encounters. Since all of them were Muslims, it was a trump card, a Muslim name that can draw hatred in a polarised state. But in 2013, Modi has to adopt an all encompassing role if he aims high. It is for this fact that both Modi and BJP have chosen not to speak on the issue. In fact, the political parties are out to capitalize on the opportunity and demean each other. While BJP accused congress of purposely raising the agenda to divert the attention from real issues, Congress has demanded a resignation from the CM on grounds of the sting operations.

As for Vanzara, his letter reveals that he is tired and frustrated of the judicial proceedings. His faith in his ‘God’ is shaken and he requests Modi to divert attention towards the accused policemen as he states “It would not be out of context to remind that he, in the hurry of marching towards Delhi, may kindly not forget to repay the debt which he owes to the jailed police officers who endowed him with the halo of brave Chief Minister.”

1. Veer Subhash

Vanzara letters proves following points –

1) Modi encountered the terrorists in the bud itself.
    2) Modi saved Gujrat from becoming another Kashmir.
    3) Modi had zero tolerance for terrorism and helped in National Integration.
    4) Modi created a team of Loyal, Nationalist, Patriotic , Brave Police Officers.
    5) Modi could not save those loyal officers. because of external interference

Points 1-4 further hail Modi as a hero..

We all know why the 5th point happen – because of over indulgence of pet CBI in the hands of corrupt UPA.

So This letter will further help Modi’s prospects to become the PM.
    No matter what gimmicks Media and UPA may try, every shoot at Modi will only back fire.

The hard truth of time has that Modi has to become the PM. The more you try to stop him the easier his way will be.

Free Tip to current Anti Nationalist Forces governing the country. Pack your bags off and find some safe heaven in Dubai or Karachi.
    Come 2014, and India will regain her Lost Independence.

Jai Hind !!

2. K.B.Srivastava

If BJP want to win election it should mention in its manifesto as below:
    1. Robot soldiers, drone and fighter air plane will be deputed at borders and bullet proof jackets to cover whole body will be provided to all soldiers and police personnel. 2. To create more jobs and employment, robot army, drone, bullet proof jackets to cover whole body and fighter plane etc. will be made in our country and will not be imported from other ;countries. 3. In all states an extra post of female home minister and female DGIP will be created under whom female police personnel will be deputed to ensure security of women.4. All people will lodge their FIR on E mail address of the Police Stations and they will not have to ;go to the Police Stations for lodging FIRs. If Police Stations do not have E mail address, it may directly be sent to any one of government offices who have E mail addresses and they will transfer the same to the concerned officers. 5. All girls will be provided a pistol free of cost with bullets containing anaesthesia to get the culprits unconscious so that he could not rape. The lions are also shot to get them unconscious before their treatment. 6. At least there is a question to make police personnel well cultured, instructions of Honourable Supreme Court will be followed.7. Number of honourable judges and its staff will be increased (21 times) as per norms of America, so that problem of pending ;court cases and unemployment can be solved.8. UPA Government has passed Food Security Bill and it is expected that 16.40Crore families (82 Cr people whose vote elect government) will be benefitted under this scheme. Our party think that the families whose income is less than Rs15000/- per month are poor and party think that 16.40Cr families are really poor and our party will pay them a minimum pension of Rs12000/- per month. For this purpose there will be no need to sanction separate amounts, but enough amounts are sanctioned by Central and State ;Governments for Social Welfare under different Schemes and in different heads, but these amounts are embezzled by the government employees. Therefore the same amount will directly be transferred (DBT) in accounts of 16.40Cr poor families so that each family may receive more than Rs12000/- per month and the government emp0loyees can not embezzle the same,. When poor families will receive more than Rs12000/- per month they will also be able to get their children admitted in good and private schools and poor patients will also be able to get them treated in private and good hospitals. Our party know very well that Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, Isai all poor are bhai bhai and all poor families will be paid a pension of more than Rs12000/- per month without any discrimination of castes and religion.9. For equality, 50% posts will be reserved for ladies in legislature, judiciary, bureaucracy and in defence also if they like. 10. Moveable and immoveable property, its present value and annual income of all citizens of India will be computerized and undeclared property and black money will be seized. Thus poor and rich families will also be traced easily. 12. India is a rich country and we have got 31000tomns of gold in our country. Our party will not take loan from any other countries or from World Bank. Budget of deficit will also be not made by our party, but to increase revenues property tax will be levied @5% in between Rs30lack to R|e1Cr and 10% above Re1Cr. in which gold of temples, houses, cars, farms and farm houses, gold etc. of all citizens of India will be included in calculation of value of property. For example Sri Asa Ram Bapu has a property of Rs700Cr. therefore he will be have to pay Rs69.97Cr per year as property tax.13. There will be no lack of fund after increase in property tax and all 12.1Cr unemployed person will be employed as government employee. 14. Unskilled labourers will be trained for driving, motor mechanic, mason, carpenter, electrician etc. so that they can earn more. 15. Our party will ask engineers to make such engine which can consume jatrofa oil as fuel at the place of petrol so that India has not to import diesel/petrol etc. from other countries.16. Our party will fight against China and get the captured land of India back. 17. Our party is well acquented that there are 80.9Cr young voters in India whose vote make the government and if they stay in hotels with their wives or girl friends they are raided by the police for prostitution which create a disturbance to them. Our party will make such provision that hotels will not be raided for prostitution and they will not have to go to Russia, Europe or America for more freedom..18.If intelligent professors are not available in India, foreigners will be appointed in India but Indian student6s will not have to go to other countries for their studies.

More from Sweetie Sinha

By Apurv Raj

By Impact and Policy Research Institute (IMPRI)