Forget Godhra, Would You Answer These Few Basic Questions For Me Mr. Modi?

By Chaitanya:

So, hearty Congratulations to Mr. Modi for being nominated by BJP as their Prime Minister candidate bypassing the all-mighty LK Advani. This is really a very important development for India. A ‘chai waala’ rose through the political ranks to challenge the dynasty which has long ruled the country, or should I say which has always ruled the country, to challenge the name after which every other award, every other road, every other development scheme, every other street has been named in India and to be in a position to challenge this dynasty in itself is a no mean feat.

Narendra Modi

Kudos to Mr. Modi for his performance over the past 12 years as the Chief Minister of Gujarat, for making a rich and prosperous state ‘more rich and more prosperous’.

True, his election campaigns, or rather should I say his election campaigners, have been very successful in the past in creating a media wave. True, Mr. Modi is an excellent speaker and his speeches are very inspiring. True, the entire youth of the nation is looking to him to get India out of this very tight situation. True, he is the most popular political leader in the country right now. But still I have my doubts, which I would like our Prime Minister candidate to clarify.

No, I am not going to talk about Godhra here. I understand it was more than a decade back and that Gujarat has come a long way after that. Though, the ghost of Godhra still haunts him and he has not been able to get a clean chit on this till now but still I would not go into that territory. Why, because each and every one of the skeptics is asking him the same and I feel this one question has prevented people from asking Mr. Modi about the more current issues.

So Mr. Modi, I know this is probably not the right channel, but still I would be very happy if our Prime Minister candidate can answer some of my very silly doubts.

1. Mr. Modi, this morning I read that your government did not have a single Muslim Minister in the past 12 years and in fact, you did not even field a single Muslim candidate from any of the constituencies in the past decade. Though, I can presume that you might not have found a single Muslim who was eligible enough, but in a state with 10% of Muslim population, which has given India leaders like Azim Premji, this presumption seems a little too farfetched. What do you have to say on this Mr. Modi?

2. As I said before, your speeches have been excellent and whenever I listen to them,  for an hour I feel like ‘dude what you are doing here, go and change the world, it needs you’. And you are spot on when you say that what this country needs is more employment, better infrastructure, tapping the renewable energy resources, and the list goes on. And I hope you have thought of the ways in which you are going to do all this. You know, Mr. Modi, India has come a long way, people are very aware these days and even a 20 year old like me knows what needs to be done. Now, that you have shared with us the what part, can we please know the how part of the story? I know we should create more jobs, but how are you planning to do that? I know, we should take a firm stance against terrorism but how are you planning to do that? How are you planning to tackle the Kashmir issue? What are your plans to prevent the fall of the Indian Rupee? How are you planning to make more than 300 Indian districts Naxalite free? And yes Mr. Modi, I did not happen to hear what you feel about the safety and security of women, about your thoughts on the Delhi rape case. I hope you at least recognize that rape is an issue both in bharat and India. I know Mr. Modi that you have all these answers and you must be waiting for a perfect time to tell these. And believe me, the whole India is eagerly waiting for that perfect time.

3. I do not hear anything from you, Mr. Modi, on inclusive development. I am sure you know of the fact that around 26 crores of Indians live under poverty line, which is defined as low as the value of Indian Rupee. Still, more than a quarter of Indians live below that poverty line. What are your plans to elevate this section of society.

4. And what about our foreign policy Mr. Modi? Apart from the statement that we should tackle Pakistan seriously, I have not heard your views on anything remotely close to being called the Foreign Policy. How should we deal with our much mightier neighbor China, Mr. Modi? How are you planning to deal with the Iran issue? And though your party left no stone unturned to stop the ‘123 Pact’, I do not remember anything from you on the subject. As an Indian, it will be a very proud moment for me if I can see India as the permanent member of the Security Council. I am very sure that you have a strategy for that Mr. Modi.

5. Now let us talk about the Indian Economy. I am a huge fan of globalization Mr. Modi, just like you and your party. But I forgot what you said about FDI in India. And though your party initiated this, but still I saw a stern opposition from you on GST in Gujarat. From the minimal knowledge that I have, I understand that it will be a positive step to bring in Foreign investment in India, but I am sure you must have some reason for opposing GST, apart from the fact that Congress was the one in power when this thing was happening. Can you please share some genuine reason for your stance against GST Mr. Modi, for ignorant people like us?

6. Gujarat and the rest of India is very different Mr. Modi. Your work in Gujarat has been phenomenal, no doubt, but bringing in investments in Gujarat and in some other states, say Bihar or Jharkhand, are entirely different things. My friends say that he might not be able to repeat the Gujarat story at the national level. And I tell them that though Mr. Modi has never spoken about it, he must be having a plan up his sleeves. Can you please share your plans with us Mr. Modi and shut the mouths of these ignorant people?

These are some of the questions I would like each and every person who aspires to be our Prime Minister to answer, but since you seem to be far ahead in this race, I was sure you must be having answer for most, if not all of these. So, I thought better start from you and get the answers of all the doubts I have in my mind. And I hope Mr. Modi, that in the coming 8-9 months before the next general elections, I would be hearing answers to some, if not all of these questions from you and from all the Prime Minister candidates; it would help me make a wise decision in the coming general elections. See, the thing is I am bored of casting my vote on the basis of caste, religion, region and all these factors. I need something new in my life, so I thought let us try and change the election propaganda this time to something real. And I am sure, our most popular politician has answers for all of these. And yes, from the word caste, I remember, I did not hear anything from you on ‘Reservation’.

– From someone going to cast his vote for the first time

1. sadhana

Very well written.One of the most objective ones I have come across in the genre called MODI. Good to see the willingness to go beyond 2002. However,could a first time voter point out to you,why she might end up casting a vote of this man in spite of not getting answers to the pertaining questions you raised? Because at least she senses that he has some answers! They may be right or wrong,hidden or revealed-the hope of their existence is what drives us towards an arguably dangerous decision. Foolish may be this hope,but since when was hope supposed to rational?!

2. Durga

An excellent article. I must congratulate you on this. Now allow me to answer some of the questions here. Frankly, the first one can only be answered by Modi himself, so we will start with the second.

Two thoughts on it:

1. Why haven’t you put the same questions to the present government?
    2. Do you think it is actually wise for a prime minister aspirant to reveal his future policies (as a prime minister) to both the media and the opposing parties?

For one, if every leader in our country was as much scrutinized as Modi we would have progressed a lot. I wish people would at least now start questioning the UPA government about it’s foreign policy, rape laws, anti-terrorism measures, failed economic policies, various corruption scams etc, and hold the government accountable for the country’s present situation.

Secondly, Modi is sharing his vision of the country with the masses and wisely not complicating things for both the masses and himself by not elaborating on his detailed plans as a PM. The reason being: most people will not follow, and secondly it will lead to endless debate about policies which haven’t still been put in place and will only prove as an hurdle.

He is able administrator and who has been elected thrice by the people of Gujarat and knows his work. I will give you one example. You mentioned about renewable resources, and how does Modi plan to generate energy from them. He is actually doing it in Gujarat. Why don’t you google the Gujarat Solar Plant and see for yourself.

Third. I think it this is more or less and extension of your second question.

Fourth. Foreign Policy is a delicate matter as it not only effects us but also our neighbors. Two things here: one, I think you are actually quite naive to assume that any government in the world reveals it foreign policy to its own people completely. Most apt example: USA’s NSA program. Secondly, most of what we see on news channels about our own government’s relationship with both China and Pakistan (or any other nation), are only half truths. And I am talking about all the governments that have existed after Independence (this has got nothing to do with any individual and party whatsoever).

Also, any movement by any popular politician in any country is watched very closely by other countries. For that matter, I won’t be surprised if the American, Chinese and the Pakistani government know much more about our political leaders than we ourselves. So why do you want to undermine India’s chances of coming up with a strong foreign policy by foolishly demanding a national leader to put it in the open?

Fifth. Here is the link which will explain better. http://www.niticentral.com/2013/09/25/jairam-ramesh-allergic-to-facts-nurtures-delusions-on-gst-137349.html

Sixth. Well, I do not think so. And I am sure you will find many who will disagree with you on this. If it works for Gujarat, it has the potential to work for any part of India.

Reservation. Unlike other politicians Modi has never tried to gain mileage by harping about his caste identity which says a lot in itself about his ideology.

Thank you for reading.

1. navajit

nicely explained

2. Mayur Jain

Durga, You Rock!!!

3. Joe

@Chaitanya: Even if some of your questions are naive it’s good to see the younger generation think, and raise relevant questions related to politics, and being rational about their decision of casting the vote. For that, kudos to you for writing this article!

@Durga: Agree with your perspective. Thanks for sharing.

4. Ralph

This is a great article and it shows that you’ve done your research. Your questions are pertinent though they’re a strange flavour of skepticism and sincere confusion.

Sadly, it detracts from an article if minor grammatical errors are looked over. Perhaps get someone to read through future articles once you’re done?

It really is a very honest article, though.

5. Mehul Gala (@mahigala7)

Very insightful article! Kudos to the writer!

I personally feel that the some of the questions raised by you are perfectly well phrased and must surely be answered by all the prime ministerial candidates. Having said that, we mustn’t forget that the current government is failing miserably to answer the very same questions.

6. hiren ratra

lol fir modi ke sari speech follow karo… avoid political speech.. sare jawab with on ground example mil jayege.. aur ye hawa me bate karna bandh karo.. pahele research karo fir yu choda likha karo.. visit gujarat whr he is working from last 12 year.. ask gujarat local ppl how thr life changed due to good governance… for all social, economic, FR ka solution good governance hai.. iske liye koi special vision nahi chahiye… itna to samjte ho an.. agar government thik se kaam karegi to sari chize khud b khud sahi hoti jayegi.. logo ki adat bi badal jayegi.. baki MSM me jo pundit baith te hai.. uski tarah koi bi bakwas kar sakta hai.. kisibi government ka Visaion ek hi hona chahiye.. Good Governance…

1. Rameez sabungar

Very true hiren,, ask the Muslim in Gujarat how their life has changed due good governance..
      If godhra was the result of good government , what can we expect from him as a PM???

2. navajit

@rameez .. first vote and see.. may be he will be a messiah for the development of muslim community for india, may be india become more united and a strong fraternity exists among various religions.. the matter is first vote and see, only bringing godhra kand is like nonsense politics , first try .. if he doesn’t come up to the mark.. topple him in next election..

7. Shivani Singh Rajput

Excellent article i must say you have put it very objectively
    These days everyone keep chanting his name like he is India’s Obama and popularizing him to an extent of madness
    i came across a lot of articles enumerating his achievements and going to an extent of comparing him to having a vision as strong as Amartya Sen
    all everyone is doing is gazing longingly at the development figures of Gujarat but are we all really being so naive in going by the virtual development plans when the most developed country in this world has refused to issue visa to him
    how will we carry out our diplomatic relationship with US if he become the PM?? Will Obama open the the white house gates for him as gracefully as he did for Dr. Manmohan Singh
    As far as i can see it, this whole outcry about Modi is just about choosing the better from the two devils
    if its the corrupt government of congress or a non secular BJP
    But mind you we can’t forget about the fact that UPA government cabinet has some really intelligent ministers while all BJP is betting on is Narendra Modi. He won’t govern all the departments and especially not the foreign affairs one. People in other parts of the world are really critical about him.
    its time we really start thinking about the deserving party for our votes.
    and we should look it from every angle and honestly i m not ready to give the full credit of Gujarat’s development to Modi neither am i ready to forget how barbarically Muslims were treated during gujarat riots. Even if he gets the benefit of doubt about direct involvement in those riots ignoring the conviction of the state minister and BJP leader by supreme court for the same, how could we forget the mismanagement and careless handling of the same that led to mass deaths.
    Are we really going to risk handling power to such a person especially at the wake of recent Muzzaffarnagar communal riots. Well some may say that Congress is unable to do anything for it but well i m no supporter of congress either but well you can’t actually elect a party who use the controversial ” hindutva” as their agenda.

and about the Gujarat’s development that everyone is so interested about well i read something very interesting may be it will help throw some light to the reality

http://hindu.com/thehindu/thscrip/print.pl?file=20130308300404300.htm&date=fl3004/&prd=fline&

political parties have been fooling the country since independence and we really should form our own opinions rather than getting influenced by the mass

8. Mayank Jain

For someone as anti modi as me, this article is just heaven.
    Though looking at it neutrally too, you can appreciate the beauty of these words. They sting like a bite.
    And people should stop bringing up Congress everywhere at the slightest mention of Modi/BJP. Two wrongs have never made a right.

1. Radhika

I agree!

2. Pranshu

Well ppl bring up Congress at every mention of BJP/Modi because we elect our leader on the relative selection basis….we need to compare and choose …and if you discard the choice of Modi,you are left with one option Congress(SP/BSP/DMK/AIADMK/TMC are anyways crap!) as ppl never talk about Kejriwal at the centre and unfortunately, insignificant no of ppl are going to vote for his candidates in Loksabha elections…

Also, criticising/questioning one wrong constantly starts to imply that the other wrong is comparitively better …

9. akash

I think we need to look at him objectively and understand from his speeches what his views on various issues are and right now there is time to the elections so he cannot reveal all his solutions because right now congress is playing wait and watch tactic, and once elections are announced BJP will come out with election manefesto in which i guess they will answer to all your queries
    hey i think some answers are given by him by his work and we can safely assume he will focus on these issues on national level. Now many people say India is not Gujarat but i want to say his success in Gujarat is more an outcome of focus than any other thing for example in first few years in office he focused on electricity, Kutch rehabilitation( one of the best in the world as per UN), agriculture, water grid and roads. next he focused on investments in industries, ports, literacy, gender issues, women empowerment, malnutrition, IMM MMM, PDS, transport services, pollution in Ahmadabad, renewable energy( largest solar park in India), wind mills, Sabarmati riverfront, IT park Gandhinagar and now they have projects like GIFT city, Ahmadabad metro.

so i guess at national level also he will work in focused manner taking 4-5 major problems as focus areas (agriculture, roads, policy framework( for better investment climate, electricity and water in the first year) and solving then in 2-3 years and then another and so on. like Gujarat he will develop better investment climate in the country by sound policies and reducing corruption. the weaker states will get benefited from Modi more cause he will accelerate infrastructure projects in all such areas for better investment, he can perceive industrialists to invest in these areas you know he has goodwill in industry.

1.Muslim candidates:
    See the main problem is that any Muslim leader who works with or praises Modi is blamed to be “beek gaya”, so these leaders are not taking part in BJP rallies or functions and these is the main reason that there is dearth of muslim leaders in BJP so they don’t field candidates in assembly elections.
    you know what happened to Maulana Vastanvi and Madani, now many Muslim leaders have said in private interviews that they can pray for modi but not join BJP cause of all these things.

2. Unemployment:
    like u must be surprised to know that unemployment and corruption are not at all election issues in Gujarat by a recent anti-modi news channel NDTV survey..
    mean he has already shown in case of Gujarat how he created employment, like he managed to successfully lure Nano project,ford, Pigeueot, bombardier, L&T port-developers, Hitachi and Gujarat has 185% growth in SME’s which provide majority of jobs and >9% agri growth and by recent government of India report Gujarat has highest growth in Agriculture and allied sectors in India of 19% and if you are educated growth in agricultural-industries creates lots of jobs. Besides state government is going to recruit 1,00,000 people in 2013-14. And one of the major employer are silicon chip fabricators and recently a fabrication company has applied to set up fabrication unit in Gujarat.

3. Infrastructure: Gujarat has 24*7 electricity, best highway infra in India by GOI report, best port Infra, more airports than any other state, state wide Gas grid, state wide water grid, only successful BRTS in India and now they have started new solid waste management projects. I think these all constitute infrastructure.

4. Naxalism: only state in India with large tribal population but no naxalism, now you may say Gujarat was always so, so i want to remind you naxalism spreaded to most of the districts in the last decade (after 2001).

5. Terrorism: After Ahmedabad blasts within 1 month all the blast accused were arrested. and after that no blasts.

6. Indian rupee is falling more cause of policy failure than other things (Syria, Iran, and crude pricing and American debt woes had created some pressure on rupee) but ut was mainly the loss of investor faith in India due to absurd government policies like retrospective tax. And Narendra Modi has said on more than one occasion that policy must be constant and he said to remove retrospective tax stupidity.

7. GST: the main problem with GST is you know Gujarat is having digitized check posts so what happens is if we implement GST (for effective implementation of which we need reliable digital infrastructure) but anyways if we implement it in current system then every non-digitized state will continue to extort undue fees and fill their coffers but Gujarat. Because In Gujarat they don’t collect bribe or undue taxes at check-posts.

8. Foreign policy: you can watch that Network18 dialogue with Narendra modi he talked at length about foreign policy in that, he said he wants to segregate the foreign missions in 2 parts, one for neighboring countries and other for rest of the world(ROW). For ROW, he said it is mainly trade relations so we must develop our missions for that purpose and as for neighbors he said we must have friendly relations with everyone but keeping in mind our interests, right now what India is doing is giving moral lectures to the world due to which its foreign policy is in complete jeopardy and he even talked many times about research driven foreign policy by giving example of USA’s policy.

I hope you will take notice of all my points
    thanks……….. Let’s make India a better place……………….

10. Amir

I m impressed the way you have written down your letter. You have raised very valid questions. We are not going into Gujarat riots or any thing but Durga ji none of the leader in India since indepence has projected in such a way as modi is. Now it seems he is avtaar of shiv and shiv ji has answer for every thing. We are just concentrating about India.
    .

11. shyam

Very well written. I feel some of the comments too deserve kudos. In most cases, the questions should be answered in the election manifestos. And BJP had a fairly good manifesto in 2009. However, in case of Modi, since BJP has made it a personality game, the answers should be articulated by him clearly so that he has enough time to issue clarifications.

Also, please do not label anyone not blindly chanting Modi mantra as Congress supporter. Congress is bad does not automatically mean Modi is good. We have a habit of focusing entirely on the immediate problem and overlook the newer problems that the solution brings in. MMS is indecisive; so we want to have a person who is exactly opposite. And for that, we are ready to overlook all other aspects.

And I agree with the author that Gujarat model is not the solution. While no one state is like India, states like Bihar/MP/Odisha which are being run by good CMs are closer to average India than Gujarat or Maharashtra or TN or Delhi

12. Jaymin

Question 1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1FOvg6WFTI
    Question 2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFr1Y_wMhpU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtV2nsl0roc
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201032618512804&set=vb.174075812765782&typ e=2&theater
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=615174675199401 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDkuiyzlG_4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guD2UbT39DQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CceJ6M6MD8o
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrMZJM4ybMA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKjkDynHNps
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9O5ZskJb4A
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IThWB7mSs9s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvU0FP4M82w
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTjbf6yxsZA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn-FQQU4hqw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtmH2zNSukg

Question 3: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=612895492093986&set=vb.252382316547&type=2&theater
    You will also get your answer from above videos.

Question 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VcRlwFiNXM. You will also get answer in videos against question 2.

Question 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIukH5pghuA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwB9t-k-R08

Question 6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76KOfr_iO1U

In addition to that, watch this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=e6bunN3-p2U#t=15 , don’t you thinks a person who is not biased towards his own party would be biased to other states when it will come to the matter of development or any other issue. Secondly How many of your question have been answered by leaders of other parties ( other than modi or bjp)? Get me the evidence of other leaders speaking about such issues with such a confidence and such a straight language.

13. अण्डे लाल (@chronic_cretin)

It is quite surprising that there are people, and sadly I pre-assume the Indian youth most of them..like the writer here, who found the questions here worth appreciation!!
    It just shows the disconnect Indian youth seem to be having from the realities of how government and system suppose to work!
    Guess now in India, they start preparing kids for IITs from primary school, which of course would mean, subjects like Civics gone to dogs!!

Anyway talking of the questions here, as someone rightly pointed, they are as naive as the writer of this blog!!
    i) If an Azeem Premji from Gujarat justified Muslims from Gujarat as intellectual and capable of being political leaders, APJ Abdul Kalam from TN should make all muslims scientists in TN..right?
    For a change try the same stats of poltical representation of Muslims in TN, it might be enlightening!
    🙂
    Tickets are given to people who can win, not for charity!
    And if the idea of only Muslims representative capable of thinking for Muslim population is your fundamental idea, I think you guys no more reading history also in school and ending up promoting Jinnah’s ideology, which just to let you know promoted partition.

ii) Point is this is first election, where these “how” questions of yours are even an issue!! Since you voting first time, but I guess are politically inclined and followed at least state elections in last few years, just ponder over the issues which make or break governments , you will realize that this is the first election where the “how” part of issues is very high standards!

And no where, the how part is answered, it is the what points raised which matters, if you playing a game, do you bother to divulge your strategies before everyone?

iii) “inclusive development”!! well when you talk of developing “india”, it should automatically means everyone in India is getting developed..right?
    Or it is just that you will like the idea of different development plans for elites , middle class. lower class. APLs and BPLs?

iv) Foreign Policies are same as strategies of the game! you are not suppose to divulge them but the fact that even idea of Modi as leader sends shivers down the Pakistani establishment is itself a good sign of things to come!
    It is not Modi or Manmohan or any PM’s job to micromanage every portfolio, it is the selection of right candidates and a nice manager on top what matters, and I think BJP as a party had lots of capable people to handle the external affairs ministry for that matter.

v) For impact of GST, you should just look at the consequence of merger of IA and AI !! Now everything which works in a certain developed economy or country is certainly not possible in Indian context! Anyone with a little bit of idea of how taxation works in India will let you know GST was a huge failure right from the beginning in its present form!!
    As far as globalization and Indian economy is considered, I think again Modi doesn’t need to answer questions right now, he has already been suggesting the possible changes with his visions and plans and implemented actions, that should be enough!!
    He is certainly gonna have a FM under him, and when time will come the accountable person under a “capable leader” would be a better implementor of policies than the present capable economist as a “good for nothing leader”

vi)Haha..”share the plans and shut mouth of ignorant peoples”, do you think Modi ever bothered or still bothers?
    For someone who is attacked day night for 11 years now, it does not matters what ignorant people are blabbering, what matters is what message he is able to pass to the non -ignorant mass or people who prefer being ignorant!!

Gujarat is not India, but it is part of India, and if one part can be made to work well, there is a great possibility of every part to work well, all you need is a great brain and heart!! Bihar Jharkhand NorthEast Bengal, everywhere people want to work and progress, contribute to the growth story of India, just need the necessary push they been lacking all this while! Modi with his inspiration is already providing the push, and if allowed to lead will easily manage to give the last push needed!

People need no support..people need guidance to succeed, in India all this while , we have managed to screw up system by just supporting the crowd and killing their desires to work for nation and come up, it is high time we have someone who believes in less support and more guidance with his policies, and Modi as of now is the only option.

14. Prateek

This article literary gave me a laugh 😀 I would advice the author of this article to read more than one newspaper before writing on such topics.
    1) Muslim candidate – Already answered by Modi in many INTERVIEWS. You can find it on youtube
    2) & 3) – Watch ‘Think India sppech of Modi’ on ‘Less Government More Governance’.
    5) FDI is both a boon and a bane – Author mentioned boon and to know about bane – watch sushma swaraj speech on FDI in LOK SABHA. Opposition parties are suppose to highlight cons of any BILL introduced in LOK SABHA for required amendments. They may be Congress or BJP
    4 & 6) – SERIOUSLY ??? Do you think such Global issues or state issues are that simple that they can be solved with a SNAP ?? A person/ party is elected on his/ its VISION. No party provides solution for such issues before coming to power.

Anyways since you are young and first time voter, my advice If you don’t want to vote for MODI then don’t. Just vote your conscience and READ more NEWSPAPERS. Be a Politically AWARE electorate. Thats what country demands of you. JAI HIND.

15. Mitesh

@Shivani Singh Rajput. “how will we carry out our diplomatic relationship with US if he become the PM?? Will Obama open the the white house gates for him as gracefully as he did for Dr. Manmohan Singh.”
    To remind you that Obama has opened the White house gates for Prime Minister of India and not specially for Dr. Manmohan Singh. Whoever in such position would have been invited so. Give your views when Dr. Manmohan Singh will not be PM in future and see whether he will be invited by Obama in White House.

“But mind you we can’t forget about the fact that UPA government cabinet has some really intelligent ministers while all BJP is betting on is Narendra Modi”
    I am asking you till date where they are actually using their Intelligency. I think they are more intelligent in corruption and they are using there. We dont want an intelligent people to corrupt our nation rather we want an unintelligent people to grow our nation. Resources of intelligency is abundance in our nation who work with the governing cabinet. We just want the right people who can implement those intelligency at right time.

Questions raised by Chaitanya were already given by Modi, as link upload by Jaymin and the same answered by Akash very well. I realy appreciate your depth understanding and research. Chaitanya is more focused on the issues rather his focus should be on the solutions of the issues.

16. Röhan Shankar

The issue here is that not everything is Modi – things like Economy and Foreign Policy are collective policies of the NDA, and hence it will be the exact same as in 2002, whether Modi is the PM, or Yeddyurappa is the PM.

Other issues: he simply cannot explain the “how” and “why” because they simply cannot be explained. Every state, every district, needs a separate analysis and mitigation procedure for poverty and unemployment and terrorism.

My View: We cannot classify people as minority/majority based on religion, because religion is arbitrary. I could be called “Rohan Shankar” on the outside, but have secretly changed it to “Bilal Mohammmad Khan” or something. Plus, Muslims don’t join BJP because they think it is a “Hindu Party”. Religion cannot be used to classify people, because after a point, it is personal choice.

17. vk

it pains to read articles of such kind… and it pains more… wen I bcome aware that its writtn by a young person….

1. ia

can u please elaborate mr vk? in what sense does it even as much as come close to causing ‘pain’ to u?

18. Lohia Kapil

What the HELL writer is talking about “Muslim candidate..”

Its not about religion… Its about the system.. No matter who is in power but the system must be clean

19. Abhishek Verma

Friend please follow all of his speeches. He has already given answers to the questions 2 to 6. Maybe not all of them have been answered on one single occasion but he has answered these questions. As far as question no 1 is concerned, I think this is worth asking if this is fact.

20. Ganesh

Hi Chaitanya,,, Its an very good article which you have witten. Now all are thinks different, you writes exctly what all we want for politicians..

21. Dhananjay Kumar

If a non-muslim representative is facilitating muslim’s their needs. What’s wrong in this? Should only a muslim leader represent muslims?
    Whatever is being asked to modi every time? Why not these questions are being put before Rahul? The longest period ever india have governed under the government of congress, so kindly ask such questions to them only.

22. vinay n kashi

the questions are nice but i would rather see modi answer these question by his actions. 9yrs congress has ruled india and there is not one aspect of india where i have seen growth or atleast a step towards positivity. scam after scam, most humiliating for me was the cwg scam, petrol price hike, hike of all basic commodities, not to mention the pathetic state of our currency and the brilliance showed by the current leaders while dealing with our neighbors and terrorism. i am basically tired of seeing my country being run by these fools and making a mockery of brand india globally. i want to see a change in leadership. i am sure modi may not b able to solve all probs of india, but i am sure he ll solve atleast 25-30% in 5 yrs…..and that is good enough for me. its anyday better than wat i have been getting for the past 9 yrs.

23. Sanjay Nair

dats a perfect question evry youngster would love to ask, i being a apolitical guy never had hope in our present govrnmnt neithr did the present govrnmnt provd me wrong at any point of time, bt lookin at sm1 doin atlst 30% m happy dat wether the person is corrupt bt atleast he’s doin smthng rather dan our present govrnmnt who does nothng, evry1 entering the politics hav taken it as a job where peopl as come in power try to secure their future by doin all kinda scams & jhols, bt a sigh of relief is der dat sm1 does atlst smthng, atlst we as tax payers get a sigh of relief dat our hard earned money payed as tax wud atlst utilised smwer rather dan peopl living only lavish lyf wid high end vehicles. when we keep on giving chances to people who dont do thngs y nt atlst give chnc to sm1 who atlst does smthng

24. Shubham

@chaitanya:Your perspective about Mr. Modi is quite clear in a way that you are detailing these points as if you are a congress spokesperson.The way UPA 1 and UPA 2 performed in their regime is quite damaging in any way to the Common man,BPL holders,Students,Industrialists,Senior Citizens,irrespective of being Minority or Majority.So somewhere every citizen is been affected by inflation which is record high.

At this juncture you correctly said that your doubts are “silly”. If the Prime Ministerial candidate of BJP is projecting himself very much and in his rallies/campaigns he his focusing on WHAT factors,i don’t think he’s doing anything wrong.In his MANTHAN speech he told about his vision on various issues,which should be considered in a rational way.Here the point is who is less wrong and who is more wrong.So keeping this thought in mind voters should give him a chance.If this time he’s not given chance than i believe a greater portion of Indian population will regret about their electing choice.

Your 6th point was the silliest of all.So you mean to say that our next Prime Ministerial Candidate should be one who have had earlied ruled some country.His phenomenal work in Gujarat is itself a reliable factor about him.His workoholic attitude and innovative approach is appreciable.

You would be happy to know that in Gujarat is the only state in India with functional Night Courts to counter the lack of judicial capacity to handle litigation.Delivery at Fair Price Shops in done quite differently.To increase the sales at FPS a quasi food vouchersare presented by using bar coded and biometric technology to people.The implementation of Integrated workflow and Document Management System has resulted in reduction of processing times.It has also improved transparency.

The success story of Gujarat can be replicated all over the country with the guaranteed surety if we elect this most popular person in the history of Indian Politics in upcoming 2014 elections.

1. Mayank Varshney

@Shubham: now i think, your preparation is going on a right way,,,in a single phrase ..’ truelly impressive’. gud to see u having such a democratic views. Carry on……………

2. Anonymous

@shubham, I believe you must’ve overlooked things like, let’s say Ishrat Jahan. And Gujarat is incontrovertibly NOT India. I guess the Modi government would never sustain more than a year. With coalition politics being in vogue, a Grand Indian Tamaasha unfolds at the centre. Imagine Modi working with mamata, jayalalitha and perhaps maya. Modi can never pull off a full term with his vociferous, dominant and monotonous attitude. I strongly believe that on foreign policy front, India could become a disaster. With aggression aiding his shallow intellect, he leads India, a country with very great statesmen like Vajapayee, Jaswanth Singh, and I may certainly add Manmohanji as well owing to the fact that he is perhaps the first pm of any country who was able to put forth one’s country’s ideas with such clarity on Chinese soil (see recent Chinese visit lecture at the party school in china), to doom. When I compare him to the ‘spring chicken’ of congress: RG, I couldn’t help but prefer RG because he at least listens to people like Salman Khurshid, Antony, Sibal et al, who are at least much more rational than our PM-to-be. I hope that my suspicion is true that after racing to power, BJP shows the country NaMo’s incompetence to stitch together a coalition, eventually kicking him out of the post and replace him with people like LKji or Jaswanthji or even Sushma or Jaitley and no more NaMo in India. WHATSAY??? 😉 😉 😉

25. Naveen Verma

Mr. Chaitanya , I really feel good when i see guy’s like you asking question or posting script like this. It really shows that now Indian has really come far away where youth is aware and needs answer about returns of their vote as investment in any political parties or leaders. But same time i feel like it’s not your voice ,it’s some where associated with UPA or Congress. Don’t know weather Mr. Modi will answer you or but i have some of the answers of your question.

Ans 1. Does it really make any concern in development of state or country that weather how many Muslim’s or Hindu’s are sitting in Parliament or what’s the percent of different religion are fighting from which party in overall growth of country. Let’s have some light over BJP also for your kind knowledge BJP has many Muslim leaders as a National Leaders Mukhtar Abbas Nakvi Spokes person BJP, Shanawaz Hussain MLA and Spokesperson any statement come from BJP these are the two leaders who come out with. So it’s neither BJP nor Mr. Modi who don’t want Muslim leaders to be in Party. It’s Muslim Community who don’t trust on BJP.

Ans 2. How part, I must say when you make any plans you don’t disclose to any one in the very first moment he ask about but you keep on working to achieve your goal. That what BJP or Mr. Modi would be doing but still BJP and Mr. Modi has asked the citizen of India for a Open Manifesto where you can suggest how to make India a Developed country in next span of time. So now this country is not going to have 272+ player in the team to win the game but 125 crores citizens of India to be the part in associated development of this Nation. Mr. Modi is talking about the growth , terrorism , Naxal , Education and we ask how. But other party’s and specially Congress is only talking about food and poor. which they have talk about in 1967 with a “Slogan Indira Lao Garibi Hatao” and a better version has came up with the most eligible Youth of the Nation 48+ years Old Rahul Gandhi “2-4 roti khayenge, Congress ko hi layenge” and we have no question. But i have one that this party want’s Garib in India.

Ans 3. From where you collected this Information that 1/5 of India is living as BPL. I guess every one in this country would be earning 26 INR in rural areas and 32 INR in Urban areas as per Govt. Norms they are rich enough to survive. Even Our youth Ideal Rahul Gandhi has said Poverty is just a State of Mind. I guess you need to update your knowledge with Rahul Gandhi’s Jupiter Escape Velocity. So, when with current govt. norms and speculation India has no BPL families.So if BJP or Mr. Modi is not thinking about it it’s not a pain.

Ans 4. Foreign Policies, Well friend we are not in power so we can not discuss publicly how we are going to tackle all this. But you can see as a CM of Gujraat Mr. Modi has great foreign policies who’s result is prospective growth of State, No terror from last 3 Election , Ever country want’s to do business with Gujraat. Most of the Indian MNC’s and Industries are praising Mr. Modi for his co-operation and help. So it’s self explanatory that this Man has a power of Vision and Implementation. So we can trust him and can look forward from all issue we are currently facing with foreign policies.

Ans 5. FDI and GST, Why BJP or Mr. Modi is against FDI. My question is why you support FDI. Already when India is not a Product based company even though we have a large producer of Raw Materials we are to producer of Goods. That’s being the real factor of development of country. If we are Introducing FDI in India , I strongly agree that it will produce a large number of employment but for how long. India’s employment will be totally dependent upon FDI. Indian will loose job with every effect in other part of country who would be Investing. So BJP aims to sustain the energy of India by creating employment but it’s root should be strong and should based on India. You can see the history how BJP has done in 1999-2004 in leadership of Honorable Mr. Atal Bihari Bajpai Ji.

Ans 6. Person get’s experience day-to-day. So i strongly believe that Mr. Modi has enough experience to lead the country. India never had a PM who was the CM of any state. So India has so less development because responsibility of country is much bigger then a house. So when a man who has just managed his house can be a PM then a man with 15 years of wast experience can achieve his all goal’s and can bring India up with his Experience. We can trust J. L Nehru, Indira Gandhi , now i must say Rahul Gandhi who only had and have a experience of ruling a party and a own family and but we have doubt how Mr. Modi is going to do this state and country is Different. so i really feel sorry about your thoughts or i guess you are just a Kid.

1. Anonymous

Sir, no disrespect meant; but foreign policy has lot more to it than so-called business. Imagine (but very likely) NaMo issuing a statement that for every pair of legs infiltrating the border into India, from Pakistan, three Pakistani heads fly into the air; what then would the fate of settlement be? Could it resolve the terror element? And how does it augur to the GCC countries the seemingly anti- Muslim stance that NaMoji very tightly embraced? Do you think Obama looks up to NaMo, who was denied even a visa by him? (Keeping in mind the many instances of Obama reserving utmost respect to Manmohanji including him calling Manmohanji as Guru, him walking along with Manmohanji all the way beyond the portico to just send him off (which by the way is only second time that any White House incumbent has done so)). Do you think a ‘chai Waala’ understands a very thin line to balance the strong, seasoned, warm relations with Russia, the sensitive, careful, optimistic relations with China & Trustful(or lack thereof), strategic, needful relations with the US??? It’s another story had namo been a good listener, strategist and knowledgeable(not literate); turns out that he is neither. So, lets strap ourselves for a bumpy ride which NaMo hopefully spares us from…….

26. Freethinker (@karimeenexpress)

Amazing crisp article. Yes It is abundantly clear that Modiji has only been trumpeting Gujarat. IT IS A FACT THAT THE GAME PLAN IS TRYING TO CORRECT THE WRONGS OF HISTORY and thereby creating a votebank. Hitler did the same. He was an immaculate administrator and has all the trappings of what Germany Underwent jus before he took over. His party was non-descript, spoke about nationalism, eradication of poverty and wen they came he hijacked the entire country and the rest is history.

Once you go thru the you tube on Godhar riots itz real sad and India needs an inclusive tolerant leader since India is a plural tolerant society and HInduism is not Hindutva and Gujarat is not India

By Krishna Singh

By Aulina Pandey

By ABID KHAN GUDDU