This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Soumya Raj. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

When The Lion Mewed: A Look Into Narendra Modi’s Speech At The Rally In Delhi

More from Soumya Raj

By Soumya Raj:

It is strange, how Narendra Modi has held the political scenario of the whole country by the grips. One is either a NaMo supporter, or isn’t. The whole polarity of the political set-up of our nation is either pro-Modi, or anti-Modi, and that has been working wonders for this man who is determined to take the 2014 elections by the storm.

NaMo

As BJP’s prime ministerial candidate, Modi has shown a lot of potential. His strong worded speech for the rally was a mark of his conviction and his stand regarding the country. Also, what was very evident was the confidence, the mudslinging and brutal bashing undertaken by NaMo. He clearly has nothing to fear, nor anybody to answer to for his sharp opinions.

Arriving at the venue by a helicopter, Narendra Modi greeted the crowd accumulated for the rally, which was a really huge assembly of NaMo supporters. Narendra Modi hit the iron when it was hot, even made the iron hot a lot of times by striking it repeatedly. For example, he raised objection on Rahul Gandhi’s public rebuttal of the ordinance, saying that he represented the congress’s viewpoints and it clearly seems that the Congress is not in sync with the UPA’s decisions. He also called Gandhi a “shahzada”, and asked the crowd if they were ready to be governed by the whims and fancies of a prince.

A lot of his issues were very shallow, given that most of the things he mentioned were bygones, they had already happened. He also made digs at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, exclaiming that Singh worshiped the US president Obama, and humiliated the country by portraying it as a “poor” country at an international level. He also showed his discomfort at Nawaz Sharif’s comment of “dehati aurat” for the PM, saying that Manmohan Singh is the prime minister of a country with a population of 125 crore people, and since he is a representative of India, every Indian should feel enraged at such a comment from a country which is inferior to India in every manner.

Narendra Modi’s rally at the Japanese Park of Rohini, New Delhi was adorned with crisp words promising a better future. But during the course of the rally, his speech, and all the controversial topics he toyed with, one could sense flexibility of his thoughts, also his conviction regarding leading people was strong. His stand against Manmohan Singh was spineless, and his frown for Gandhi clearly showed that he supported the very unpopular ordinance favoring convicted lawmakers by the root. However lofty his claims maybe, of India needing a “dream team” and not a “dirty team”, and however large the assembly was for the rally, however well-modulated his extempore was, it quite forgot to touch the issues that he should’ve touched, given his position.

1. Veer Subhash

What kind of speech do you expect before a crowd of 5 lakhs ? A power point presentation on macro-economics or a discourse on political science ? Tell me honestly, have you performed any prior homework or research on the views Narendra Modi and his team has voiced in various intelligentsia gatherings ?
    Did you see what all examples of administrative measure did he give in SRCC ? or what he said before CII and in Vibrant Summit ? Have you heared his ally Subhramaniyam Swami speaking at length on the state of economy and why fall of rupee can be prevented ?

Please don’t engage in leg pullying. Also avoid using such words as ‘Mew’ ? Doesnt this vocab you use itself put you in the same category of what you are accusing Modi of – i.e. ‘using crisp words’ ?

Lastly, Rahul calling the ordinance as non sense is quite amusing in itself. Are you so naive to believe that Vice President of the Congress party will not be consulted while framing of ordinance ? Why he didnt oppose earlier ? Why he had to wait till the last minute ?

We all hate the ordinance but we also hate the ‘reality show’ kind of scripted drama which is created around it.

Lastly, please have an opinion about what other political leaders have to say in public meetings . Sonia Gandhi calling Modi as ‘Maut ka Saudagar’, Rahul Gandhi calling poverty just a ‘state of mind’ . Are these appropriate words to be used in a public gathering ? How come u skip these gimmicks and cheesy lined used by UPA leaders.

I have read your earlier articles and found many of them quite convincing but this one just seems to be written in a haste to publish your personal opinion on Modi.

1. sai kiran sharma (@wolf1711)

Her previous articles were just a ruse. She has disregarded the plain facts mostly.

2. The Whole Nine Yardsthakur

I think you should concentrate on just your studies and not write immature articles about issues which you don’t understand. In your desperation to grasp everything around you, you did not understand congress party, its motivations, its italian madam, its puppet maun mohan singh or its new shehzada the clown prince. At this rate you will fail your exams and you will not make a good political analyst or journalist

More from Soumya Raj

By Niraj Chandra

By Nikhil

By Kaustav Dass