This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Mayank Jain. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

7 Moments From ‘Suits’ That Teach You Awesome Lessons For Life

More from Mayank Jain

By Mayank Jain:

When it comes to a great show, Suits is probably the hardest to beat, out there. The show is brimming with awesomeness and high tension drama at every moment and every shot is as spectacular as it can get. We can all learn greatly and draw inspiration from the lives of Harvey, Donna and Mike. Let’s begin:

1. Never Give Up: Professionalism and tenaciousness have always been the central theme of Suits and the biggest lesson one can learn from the show is to not give up, ever.

rachel
Rachel, the ravishing paralegal was never satisfied with her position and her desire to be a lawyer made her go through every difficulty but she finally cleared her L-SATs. No matter how hard something looks when you start off, no matter how many times you fail along the way but it is all worth it in the end.

2. Be yourself: You might be imperfect, awkward or emotionally unstable but it always makes sense to know who you are and playing on your strengths rather than trying to be someone else.

litt
And who else apart from Louis Litt can teach us that. He is one of the most hated people in the firm but still the most interesting. He is full of himself and always makes it a point to add a bit of Litt Up to everything he says. “Let’s not tiptoe through the tulips around the elephant in the room”.

3. Never take your well-wishers for granted: Harvey Specter may be a high headed egoist but he always makes it a point to take care of people who watched out for him.

suits
Be it the Managing Partner Jessica or his faithful assistant Donna. The way he fought her way back into the firm after she got fired for a mistake speaks volumes about how someone can be incomplete without people on his back.

4. Work hard and then work harder: Mike Ross’s portrayal of a hard working pseudo-lawyer is a case study in perfection.

suits-season-2-harvey-mike-usa
He did everything he was supposed to do for his boss and the firm. From killing his relationship, bearing Louis naked to smoking pot with clients, he did it all to make up for the lack of a degree.

5. You will get “Litt Up”: No matter how hard Harvey or Jessica tried to be far away from Louis.

loius
They just had to come to terms with the fact that he was always a hard nut to crack and had to bow down just to get some stuff done with his help. This should be a lesson to all of us to not be too high headed and be willing to make amends and friends whenever the need be.

6. Never make enemies with people you don’t like: There is a reason why Harvey said “You’re the man” to Louis and why he always made sure to praise him and inflate his ego before bashing him.

the-25-greatest-mome
He couldn’t afford to get in the bad books of a man as eccentric as this guy and we should not attempt to indulge in overpowering cockiness either.

7. Always give it a Closure: There is no point starting off with the intention of just trying and not winning and who better than Harvey Specter to learn the art of closing things from.

harvey2
The guy gave himself to the task at hand and focused only on winning. There is a reason why he was always a class apart. He thought like a winner, and he played like a winner. We should, too.

1. Prerna

Although I wont put down the show, id recommend watching some amazing courtroom dramas, which, if were made in India, would teach the youth and more, so profoundly 🙂 The Practice, Boston Legal, Law and Order, even Picket Fences for that matter, have such a holistic view on life, beliefs and even patriotism (projected via the law) that suits some how falls way too short in front of them, more so because it always cashes in on just one character. Just for the sake a healthy discussion, please give a chance at least to one of them 🙂 (Although I am sure you may have seen them already)

1. Mayank Jain

I agree that there are better shows out there but then again its a personal choice. The entertainment quotient is always high in Suits though you can learn more from other shows which you have mentioned. I have only followed The Practice for a short time but I look forward to watching them too now that you have mentioned these.
      Moreover, this is the same reason why people love Grey’s Anatomy more than House both being Medical shows. Thank you for your comment though. I love nothing more than learning from readers.

2. Mayank Jain

More from Mayank Jain

By Niraj Chandra

By The Guy In Mumbai

By Vaishnavi Gond