This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Deepak Venkateswaran. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Here Are Some Things You Must Keep In Mind If You Plan To Vote For The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)

More from Deepak Venkateswaran

By Deepak Venkateswaran:

The words “Aam Aadmi” meaning ordinary man occupy an indispensable place in the political theater of India with almost all national level and regional level stars using the cliché term to connect to the voters who do not seem to have another choice but to bid on the most viable alternative. Last year saw the rise of a movement, the fast unto death by Anna Hazare that pressurized the government to implement the Jan Lokpal Bill and eventually the movement that had gathered support faded away with the government giving another tray of promises. While Anna felt that the movement should be politically unaligned, his supporter Arvind Kejriwal had a difference of opinion and they eventually split up which led to the birth of Aam Aadmi Party or AAP as we call it, on 26th November 2012.

AAP

With the Delhi legislative assembly around the corner, the AAP is making an entry into all the 70 constituencies in the very first go, and is having quite a good level of acceptance considering the fact that the party didn’t even exist a year ago. With the ideology of Swaraj and the symbol of a broom that promises to dust out corruption, the party has managed to create a wave of curiosity among the voters. While Delhi has traditionally been dominated by the BJP and the INC in the legislative assembly, the astrologers predict that this election could be a photo finish. Here’s a report on the opinion poll predicting 18 seats for the AAP in Delhi.

While AAP poised to take a slice of the vote share from both the BJP and Congress, it portrays itself to be risen from the common man and thus being able to connect and work with him better than the national political parties fighting it out there. The question here is if AAP really is AAM and should one vote for the AAP or not. Here is an analysis of their pros and cons that could help the voters to some extent:

Reasons why one can consider voting for AAP:

1) A new party with a promise to lead to a corruption free India and that has bought a new pool of ground level leaders into mainstream politics.

2) A leader who is believed to be headstrong and was spotted supporting the Anna Hazare movement vehemently.

3) It has pretty swiftly created a niche base for itself with lots of people willing to give it a chance, and lots of donors donating small amounts.

4) Transparency on their website which largely seems to impress the audience.

Here is why now I would not consider voting the AAP to power at all:

1) Even though the party came in with a clean image, a brahmastra with the name ‘common man’ and new promises, they have started working like any typical political party slamming on opponents and rivals over communalism and secularism, and Arvind Kejriwal making irresponsible statements on media.

2) The AAP recently got into a great mess, with 8 of its leaders that were targeted by sting operations under media sarkar, and on that they called a press conference at which it was demanded that the unedited tape be handed over to them. The media sarkar snubbing that went ahead and handed it over directly to the EC following which a defence from the AAP leader Yogendra Yadav saying that it was doctored.
( Few Reference Links that validate the facts: 1, 2, 3)

3) Kejriwal is alleged of possessing three voter IDs – two from Delhi and one from UP, also he was recently given a notice by the Election Commission for seeking votes in the name of religion which makes him no different from other political parties.

4) With leaders like Shazia Ilmi in the negative list for staging false protests against a company and asking for donations in Benami names to the AAP in lieu of that has once again shown that AAP is no different from other political parties.

5) With Kiran Bedi who is one of the acceptable faces amongst Delhi as a honest upright person distancing herself from AAP over their practices, the AAP’s credibility is once again in doubts.

Thus, we see that the AAP is behaving in no different way or is not leading into a new direction as it claims, than compared to political parties. Thus, I really doubt if someone like Arvind Kejriwal who has no experience of administering a state and who has managed to create so much ruckus with a new political party be given the command of the National Capital which is also the base of the PM and the President.

However, the final verdict rests with the voters of Delhi and December 8th will clear all the anxieties and show the mandate of the people.

1. Vishal Shrivastava

1.Kejriwal is alleged of possessing three voter IDs: NDTV’s press reporter few months back did a report in which he went to several houses and the people were not even aware that there names are registered at different places..a family with two members was reported to have 8 people in the voting list from the same address…it is a negligence by Election Commission not by Kejriwal

2.Shazia Ilmi in the negative list for staging false protests against a company : The protest was never done and EC said that AAP has nothing done in violation of conduct of election rules. The videos are available online at AAP portal and one can clearly see that something is wrong with the videos and its authenticity can not be guaranteed.

3.Kiran Bedi who is one of the acceptable faces amongst Delhi as a honest upright person distancing herself from AAP over their practices, the AAP’s credibility is once again in doubts: She said before Media that it must be her decision to join or not to join political party..A single person’s voice can not be the reason for deciding the credibility of a party (also only Arvind’s honest intention can not be the reason to vote them).

(I am not a member of AAP or volunteer of AAP)

1. Vaishali Jain

Precisely what I wanted to say here. 🙂 EC has already given them a clean chit, owing to the fact that the videos were all edited and manipulated. This really should say how much the other political parties are keen on getting AAP down.

2. Deepak Venkateswaran

@Vishal and @Vaishali,

Wonderfully both of you missed the core point on all these aspects. The basic claim AAP bought was that it is a party like no other and promises a corruption free India and so on, even initiating the page India Against Corruption on social media. However AAP has started functioning as any other political party now, with slamming other parties rather than highlighting their strengths, and again Arvind Kejriwal given a notice by EC on asking votes in the name of religion. What is the point in voting a party that came with the voice of a change and soon followed the conventional method of functioning?

And again Kiran Bedi has an image, a reputation and people who admire her and follow her are supposed to notice her. And a person of such stature and responsibility has made a remark, which cannot be ignored. And however i have put it under question only, not decided on it if u read my writing carefully . (Your comment really shows you have not).

Again, Arvind Kejriwal claiming that he was the commissioner of Income tax during his tenure as an IRS officer, and the association of Revenue service officers bashing him over the same issue , since it was basically false , as none of the officers in his batch have been promoted to that level till now.
      An irresponsible statement made over the media and much more the AAP party has bought into the fray in just one year.
      ( Four you Reference : http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/arvind-kejriwal-slammed-by-bureaucrats-over-corruption-barb-449787 )

SInce AAP has really come upto this much, i should consider the fact that Kejriwal also has zero experience of administering a state, and i find it really strange that he is gearing up for the CM post of the National Capital, a very responsible post.

It takes several years of ground level work and grass root level interaction with the voters for parties to set up a base in any constituency. And Kejriwal is going for the long jump in his first attempt. I strongly feel this is only the move to reduce the vote share of the other two contenders.

@Vaishali.. no one purposefully wants to bring the AAP down. It is they themselves who are doing it. And my writing was based more on an analysis where i have addressed points in favor too if you have read carefully.

2. Shubham Kumar

I would like to reply for each of your points for not voting for AAP:
    1. Regarding communalism and secularism, it is actually needed for surviving in the atmosphere you are present now. For example, like various other media channel, you have also started to criticize the same party AAP.
    2. For your 2nd point, it has been already proved and announced by EC that there is nothing for violating the code of conduct of election, and regarding the statement Mr. Yadav made, i heard it clearly that he asked the raw CD of the video which can also be done by just making another copy of the CD, so why it wasn’t done so.
    3. For voter Id context, its just a mere allegation which is yet to be proven.
    4. For this point, i don’t have any information, so i can’t comment on this.
    5. If a non-corrupt person and so popular Mr. Kejriwal has been alleged for being involved in various illegal work, then how can you be so sure that Kiran Bedi is not a crafting personality (i know she is not actually, its just a virtual allegation i have made to give you an example). Besides, i heard that Kiran Bedi has suggested Mr. Kejriwal et. all to join with BJP to make IAC more effective against corruption which can be looked as if she too wanted to join politics but not some popular name.

1. Deepak Venkateswaran

@Shubham,
      1) AAP came into the picture with aim of a corruption free india , and soon it dwindled off its stand. So it shows that AAP is no different from any other political party as now.
      2) Regarding the raw CD, the website and the news and EC it came in after a day i wrote and submitted the article. However lots of dissent inside the AAP has occured with member Nutan Thakur quitting his post and so on. So again AAP has become affected with internal bifurcations.
      3) For voter ID context it is a fact that Kejriwal has one frm Ghaziabad Up, and two others in Delhi.
      4) For Shazia Ilmi, the issue is correct though AAP top notch curbed the situation before it could become big.
      5) Bedi recently has lashed out at the AAP for their practices, while Anna hazare blamed a person close to him for spending lakhs of rupees on his publicity during his movement and so on. Which shows clearly that AAP is on the path to become a typical political party.
      Bedi wishes to be apolitical, however she has been closely associated with Anna movement from where she was in close association with kejriwal and AAP too. Hence her outbreak is sure to have substantial amount of truth behind it.

However it is obvious that AAP is proving to be another political party. Consider the fact that AAP is barely an year old, while it takes a party years of grass root level service to make a strong hold in any constituency, ( one cannot deny this fact – and its been proven year over year. And if some one wins as a sudden surprise surely and mostly it is by some vote bank trick – giving you an example to think about AAP, not concluding that AAP would do that).

2. U said it right!

Just one last intrusion in your humpty dumpty story….

Nutan Thakur is not an AAP core member holding any executive post. AAP membership can be taken by anyone by paying rupees 10 to the party (Look the website for details). He is just like any ordinary volunteer.

Deepak, I must say why don’t you file a Pii for hanging Kejriwal for having possession of 3 voter ID cards. That will surely change our Indian politics.

As far as your last statement goes, its a very cheap assessment. The fire and rage against the system was always there in all of us. Its just that AAP came in the right time and people are trying their best to bring something more transparent and trustworthy. So, its not a vote bank trick, its the peoples support that has led to AAPs overwhelming response.

Now, after so much explanation, if still you dont get the things right, you, as a said can have cookies and pop corns in your room and write down in your resume as AAP being the most un trustworty party 🙂

3. balayogiv

Two cannibals having an urge to have oral sex
    What went wrong with ANNA movement?
    The AAP is a frustrated bunch , very justifiably frustrated bunch, who started venting their anger through a movement which started off sincerely addressing some issues affecting a major section of the population [who or what it is I will come to later on]. What went wrong along the path was impatience and impotent anger of this group that their genuine cries and concerns were used by TV stations as a new show and totally ignored by the ruling class and then gradually due to various reasons the media became indifferent.
    It was during these testing times for these bunches of frustrated , educated, salaried, tax paying middle class that the some hidden vultures both within this group and funded and fueled from outside started enveloping them in their[ vultures] ideological cabins, an ideology which can be an equivalent of fossil genetics in social systems, called Indian brand of Marxist Leninist Left.
    This confused, silenced and sidelined the serious followers of the movement and instead slowly became a small group with smaller outlook which tried every wrong trick first from insulating from anything and everything political and after realizing that the TV channels had their commitments with IPL, Cine Stars, the pay masters from the Ruling class etc felt that they were let lonely in putrefied ideology and petrified reactions from public, it was then they ventured in a very puerile way into politics. Where even great sharks are finding life difficult and naturally when you put on the mask of politician you resort to the same gimmicks of other politicians, sometimes vying hard and end up totally disconnected from the group/class of followers who spent their valuable time, energy and their hard earned money to support your movement thinking you can effect some change.
    It is very unfortunate that these followers, good Samaritans joined a new gang of ANNA and co impulsively without realizing that their woes cannot be addressed through mute revolutions and TV shows and getting emotionally charged up. They can be addressed only through proper governance paying attention to the overall economic development of the nation.
    I empathize with this group of followers, who have been very often misled by the media, they are the triple EEEs, educated, employed and exchequer feeding [tax paying] middle class who are always sand witched between the very poor [ those who have an urge to satisfy their hunger] and the very rich [ who have the urge to satisfy their greed ] and what most governments do is to satisfy both these classes one for votes and the other for currency notes.
    Make no mistake that now a situation has been created through uncontrolled and non governmental funding for parties [from the very rich ] and the necessity of parties to go on announcing freebies to obtain votes [from the very poor]and the scenario is like two cannibals [very rich and very poor] having an urge to have oral sex and the triple EEEs[educated middle class] are caught in between.
    Now that AAP is also only talking about satisfying those two cannibals just using different vocabulary, discern and decide for people with proven track record on overall economic development, and when there is real overall economic development then there is no need to use any oxymoron like inclusive growth.

4. Akshat Seth

I am amazed by the Political naivety people can show and yet claim to be politically informed. “Here is why now I would not consider voting the AAP to power at all”, that’s what you say. The key word here is NOW, which indicates that you were swayed towards them by the favorable media campaign and just 15 days and one sting later, here starts your faith dwindling. It is this lack of conviction in the Indian voter that the mainstream political parties have been exploiting for ages. Go to any veteran of four or five elections and he’ll tell you how elections are won and lost in the last 15 days.Aren’t you amazed by the timing of the sting- JUST A FEW DAYS BEFORE THE ELECTIONS! AT A TIME WHEN THE AAP IS MAKING SERIOUS INROADS INTO THE SUPPORT BASE OF CONGRESS AND BJP! I am really amazed to see how easily can people be manipulated.

1. Deepak Venkateswaran

@Akshath,

It amazes me how much you can misinterpret one word NOW.

As for me as a person i was skeptical of AAP earlier too right from Kejriwals split with Anna…and this just got stronger last 15 days. I laid emphasis on the word “at all” which amazingly you did not notice.

My faith was dwindled earlier also on a party that has zero experience of ruling a state, and hardly an experience of grass root level working.
      And declaring entire voters as having lack of conviction is something astounding, as if those who do not support AAP are completely devoid of conviction. I am amazed at the mindset to blame the entire population without even understanding that the beauty of democracy lies in the difference of opinions. Simply marvelous conclusion on the voters.

And for me it is not about winning elections ( because even i am aware about how elections are won), it is about a party strengthening its grass root base and it is not done in one year. It takes years for a party to set up a stronghold in any constituency, and the political history of India has clearly proven that. Read about Nitish Kumar, Narendra Modi , or other such leaders who have risen from the ground level and won elections- winning elections is about that. But what they had was a strong knowledge about grass root level and people there. AAP and Kejriwal lack that.

AAP is just like any other political party trying to split the vote bank and create a hung situation, which even you have proven by your statement “JUST A FEW DAYS BEFORE THE ELECTIONS! AT A TIME WHEN THE AAP IS MAKING SERIOUS INROADS INTO THE SUPPORT BASE OF CONGRESS AND BJP! ” . Thus we see AAP that promised to create a difference and change has entered the electoral race instead of strengthening its values and grass root knowledge.
      I would never consider voting for such a party at all.

It amazes me to see that you are so judgemental about the conviction of Indian voters. If all voters had the same opinion, then why would a multi party democracy exist. Amazing!!

2. Prakhar

I am amazed that you call yourself impartial.. You say that AAP hasn’t had any experience at grass root level.. Get your facts straight asshole.. starting from AK to the last person of AAP has only grass root experiece.. AK has worked with anna and mother teresa.. he is magsaysay award winner, which is known as nobel prize of Asia.. Almost all the candidates are social service guys or those people who have actively helped people to fight against corruption.. I see that you replied on this string today, when AAP has already showed all the clips to confirm that the sting was fake and it aimed to defame AAP.. I am really ashamed that assholes like you are still living and prospering in our country..

3. Vaishak Narayanan

@Mr. Prakhar, what a wonderful usage of language on a social media platform. Really shows what a civilized society you come from.

FIne the author might have made some errors or mistakes or whatever!! Its his opinion and upto him for defending. However such use of language is totally unacceptable. I would request the moderators not to encourage such comments in indecent language.

Supporting AAP is the rule alone to live and prosper in the country. That shows how much biased you are towards AAP. This author at least had the courtesy to look at the for points even though he is a critique.

4. U said it right!

Again Deepak, you are not tuned to the realities. Talking just about values is not only what AAP did. It has been following it, its other thing that you have some other definition. You talk about talking values and fighting on them. But i totally see you never seem to understand what actually happened. Before the AAP formation, what do you think this Kejriwal and some other guys did? They fasted, begged, organized dharnas and asked government to pass lokpal. It didnt happen and so came the alternative for AAP. They tried being nice, that didn’t work. Now, they are answering all the political guns in their own language. With such short time and very critical momentum that had been built up, its only logical to strategize as per the situation rather than getting emotional. But, that also has been done with all fact based statements and allegations.

Its your vote, you may do whatever you may feel. AAP or I or for god sake no on on eatrh is bothered about your vote. You may use it as you wish. Finally, its you who will get your dream government once again by calling the BJP or congress or some saint party and I am sure, you would be the most happiest person to see AAP not getting power.

Lets end this, I am not bothered even by an inch with your statements. I and many like me have tried to counter you with logical explanations. ITs upto you and your brains processing speed to see whats right and whats being talked about. Good luck with your half baked pop corns and humpty dumpty sat on a wall stories. Good bye and Jai Hind!

5. Akshat Seth

The fact that I am not going to have to use those sacred words that Prakhar did here should convince you that I do respect difference of opinion. Now look- Your criteria for judging a political party is this:
      ‘Start a party with a small base, work at the grassroots and gradually build up a solid foundation with dedicated cadres having enough experience, so as to build the leaders, brick by brick.” It is an extremely well meant and idealistic notion BUT- Such idealism sounds good on paper, doesn’t always work.
      Se whenever one starts a venture, especially as large as AAP did, mistakes are bound to happen. The mistake most people are making about AAP is that they are judging them by the norms created in the Utopia of their fancies. Ask yourself- Do you think when you say that You will confirm to such and such norms or standards of performance or ethics, however determined you may be, YOU WILL ALWAYS SUCCEED? You will not unless you come from Mars and can predict the uncertainties of the future, and you know better than I do, how politics is about uncertainties. I’ll get back to you, I have to say more but cannot right now unfortunately

6. Akshat Seth

Yeah so part 2 here:
      Basically from what I gather, you are not too happy about the fact that like a Blizzard comes AAP, with a lot of hype and publicity and the image of the Messiah is projected through the whirlwind publicity campaign, which is contrary to your definition of how a political organization should be formed. So basically, you are apprehensive about the fact that when all this hype will die down, with the passage of time, the AAP shall become the same as the others, and according to you the sting operations have just given you more of a cause to feel apprehensive; fine and you are within your rights to think so. But here is the catch. There are certain problems with your understanding.

1. You are not happy about the kind of frenzy being created all around by the media and the people, and the AAP themselves about how they will clean corruption. You think the guys do not have experience- look firstly, all changes do not come gradually- we cannot wait for the Congress and the BJP to strangle the resources and the harmony of this country. Even you would agree that the times require for a political alternative, because given the situation we are in; any well meaning individual within the folds of these two parties shall not get their voices heard. We cannot thus wait for those gradual changes.
      2. Do not judge AAP by the standards of utopian perfections- they’ll always fail. Judge them relatively. Do you think they are a better alternative than the Congress and the BJP. For me they are and you yourself have pointed out their pro’s and cons so you know. You say they do not have an experience of governance and they’ll miserably fail if entrusted with such an important task- they might well, but they might succeed as well. They are good intentioned, they are transparent, have a party constitution, do not have dynastic politics and relatively, have a bunch of people who are better intentioned then the veterans of governance whop have time and again used this quality to manipulate the masses.
      3. Maybe you are right that they should not come to power so soon, but look- they should at least be a formidable opposition in the assembly and do you know why? That is because they have changed the political discourse. The bJP and the Congress have to be on the toes, since by doing things not ever done by the Congress or the BJP, either in the party structure or in the campaign; by doing things like not giving tickets to criminals and picking up volunteers from the common man rather than the goons, they have changed the discourse and upped people’s expectation. Your fears about this being a false bubble might well come true, but mightn’t the false hope of change be better than the pessimistic inevitability about the mainstream political parties? And you know the AAP with all it flaws is not completely a false bubble- even if it fails, it will have served its purpose
      4. My last points about Anna and the sting. Firstly when you say that it was AK who broke up with Anna, you are wrong. Who has come out in the public and damned Kejariwal? it is Anna. My problem is that you have put your faith in a man who cannot do more than sit on hunger strikes and cannot make the youth do more than fill the jail for a day and pass on SMS’es. That old man has completely lost it when he says that kejariwal is greedy about power. What does the naive old fool thinks? Will it be easy for AAP to get power so soon with their anti Congress anti BJP stance and following all the principles? I mean if you denounce Kejariwal for the split with Anna for which he was anyway not responsible, you have completely lost your reason. What did that saint of a man accomplish by his melodramatic token gestures of fasting I should ask you? But I am mindful of the fact that he did bring corruption as a discourse to the fore and there lies his success. AK is taking it to the next level, having risked it all by annoying someone whon this country of hero worshipers revered.
      5. About the sting; not only am I amazed by the timing but also the people who carried it out. Go check how India TV folks would care less about selling their mothers for TRP. Check their history for yourself.

5. RG

I feel this artice touches upon most of the issues that have been circling AAP. The writer seems to have highlighted upon the positive and negative aspects in equal measure. The previous comments that he has been trying to purposefully bring down AAP is not something I would back.

6. U said it right!

Mr. Deepak Venkateswaran – You seem to have a very narrowed understanding about the people who have been supporting / rejecting (a terminology coined in your perspective) AAP. I would like to counter certain points from – “why now I would not consider voting the AAP to power at all”

Point 1 – Arvind Kejriwal did slam parties on the communalism and secularism because the established parties actually behave like one. Mr. Pappu openly shouts in his campaigns that Dalits need to enter parliament in order for their voice to be heard. congress spokes person openly ask Mr. Modi why just four muslims have been given seats in Gujarat state elections as compared to higher number from the last time elections. So, you see, Mr. Kejriwal is just underlining the statements made by the big political guns, which is indeed true as this is what has led to the creation of a divide in our country.

Media can surpass moral responsibility and tweak with the political facts because of in – house link to the political parties but when same is pointed out by Mr. Kejriwal, it becomes a irresponsible statement on the media. Media seems to have turned their faces away during the times when the political movement was gaining gravity and instead, small and non – sense statements of some politicians was shown as the BREAKING NEWS. wow!!

Point 2 – If you are blamed to have stolen your neighbours high end gadget, will you ask for evidence or should your friends simply boycott you just because fingers were raised on you. You will naturally come to your defense and try to get things clear. That is exactly what Yogendra Yadav did and try to get through the misled and tweaked facts and story made against them.

Point 3 – Not aware of this news so wont comment.

Point 4 – If the protest is false, company has always law on their side and can file a defamation case against the people involved.

Point 5 – Again, an incomplete information on your part. Kiran Bedi did distance herself from AAP. But, it was not on the grounds of AAP practises as you proudly declare. Rather, it is because of the simple fact that she doesn’t want to get into politics (same as Anna’s reasons) and bring a change in the practises of the incumbent government as a social activist.

I just have the doubt if you belong to one of the so called YOUTH wings of Congress or BJP or some ikka duka party. Or who knows a supporter / team mate of the clowns from Media sarkar. There is no end to allegations. But Mr. Deepak Venkateswaran – before stating your conclusion please get the facts and reasons right. Jai Hind!

1. Deepak Venkateswaran

U got it all wrong Mr. Right!
      Firstly i would ask you to use your words in a more decent manner. With a little of Gentlemans spirit.
      My analysis is based on proper sources of news, data for whatever i have said.

1) Underlining statements is not commenting on other leaders or commenting on the existence of rival party.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Delhi/leave-alone-modi-even-god-cant-save-bjp-in-delhi-kejriwal/article5364311.ece

About Annas movement, it came to a halt with government giving them false assurances, Did the Jan Lokpal get implemented? Was Anna able to revamp the movement. And yet you blame the media for not giving enough publicity. I am pleased to know that.

2) Comparing gadgets and electoral battle is something I would not even think of. And true the evidence was doctored and i missed out a crucial point perhaps. However that reason does not alone qualify for totally slamming me.
      But the base line was AAP is now behaving like any other political party, unlike it promised to be different.

3) Since you are not aware, let me put this link once again, from the ET which is one of the most reliable sources according to me.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/arvind-kejriwal-enrolled-as-voter-in-three-places-bjp-tells-ec/articleshow/26322973.cms

4) The motive of the point is not from the companys perspective. But from the actions of a leader and national executive member of the AAP. And Shazia Ilmi has been involved in the act even though the protests never happened, and she graciously offered to withdraw her candidature.
      And if the Law does its job properly, so many pending cases would have been solved till date. This would have just been another file and she would have become an MLA of Delhi.

5) Kiran Bedimight have been Apolitical, however her outbursts on Kejriwals vote bank politics have been clearly shown on Aajtak and Indian express.

http://aajtak.intoday.in/story/Kiran-Bedi-fires-salvo-at-Arvind-Kejriwal-wants-Anna-Hazare-to-step-in-1-706550.html

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/kiran-bedi-sees-compulsions-of–vote-politics–in-arvind-kejriwal-stand-on-bjp/994161/

Finally since you have made such a narrow minded and totally out of context statement, let me tell you I am a true Indian first of all who envisions a Developed India where the youth take the baton forward for the youngest country in 2030.
      Who gave you the right to doubt or question what i support or what i like? Please speak from your side.

And calling a party ikka dukka , i strongly condemn such usage in a respectable social media platform. And a information portal as clowns, really shows your mannerisms and open mindedness. Usage of words should be measured properly sir.

2. U said it right!

Mr. Deepak – Please dont understand me wrong, I didn’t mean to hurt you or neither did I use some very pathetic words. But the way you have put forth the reasons for not supporting AAP, they seem to have been purely designed on some peoples perspectives and some tweaked statements presented in the media. The most recent one is the one where ABP news displayed in the media saying AAP has given all the candidates a ‘clean chit’. Wheres, Yogendra Yadav repeatedly said that party has not still given ‘clean chit’ but it also cant remove the candidates on the basis of such baseless allegations. Now, a person like you would post electronic media links and try to support the statements. However, we all have seen how far are most of these media channels can be trusted.

1) Please go back some months back before the party formation and try to recall the media attitude. Many of them even didn’t bother about people turning up, whereas, they cared enough to show Madam G declaring Pappu as the New Vice President of the party. Ask self, whats more important. And so yes, I am pleased to tell you that somewhere media did ignored the movement not because of the intentions but more of because internal powers controlling this media groups.

2) What is your definition of being different, that needs to be cleared first? You keep on firing allegations on a party and they become saints and tuck themselves in a sweet cocoon waiting everything to happen in a goody good manner and use a magic wand to win elections.

They have clearly and distinctively put in well defined functional roles and the way they will revamp the system. Isn’t that different from you? What do you expect: Congress and BJP distributing a laptop or free homes and AAP party overshadowing the glossy service by distributing i – pads and plane tickets for Andaman and Nicobar Islands.

3) No comments on this as i said

4) Dont know the depth of this, just have an overview.
      And you yourself admit that this would have become just another case. Again, AAP is different here (as u had been looking for). It has declared in its manifesto that within 3 months the trial would be done on the minister of any level of popularity and would be prisoned if declared guilty. Isn’t that a big thing for u; which party has done this in teh last 30 years of BJP and 100 years of Congress existence.

5) Aajtak…haha…i would really not bet on your statement, its very biased trust me. Also, in the link you gave see the paragraph 4, what Kiran bedi has to say.

You see ikka dukka is not a maligned word, it simply has been used to give an insight on the credibility of the different political parties.

Finally, the fight is not between you and me. I have never blamed you, I was just trying to put things based on your perspective and understanding. Please make careful comments on AAP. This is one force which has taken months of hard work and struggle to reach such heights. If you are really that national, I hope you will try to understand the significance of each statement you make. Good Luck brother!

7. Prakhar

Seriously, What’s wrong with you guys.. Don’t you see the proof AAP gave to rubbish the sting operation?? Doesn’t EC give all AAP canditates a clean chit.. kiran bedi always said that AK is good but she is aligned to give BJP a chance because of their experience.. The allegations on shazia Ilmi are rubbished by both common man, AAP and electoral commision.. the problem with people like you is that you are narrow-minded and are still unable to see through the kind of politics BJP and Cong are doing.. AK never received any warning from EC for asking votes.. AAP already asked for forgiveness for the mistake they commit by asking support to a leader in bareilly..That was a genuine effort which every politician do everywhere.. The things go side-ways when that leader gave a rousing lecture showing that AAP is doing vote-bank politics.. And AAP has said sorry for that repeatedly.. And even if AAP do not say sorry for asking votes to a community..there is nothing different in it..both BJP and congress do that.don’t they??

P.S. The disclaimer that Youth ki Awaaz is an independent and non-partisan platform is bullshit.. I might forward this link to AAP authorities so that they can file a case against you for posting such blog even after all the allegations are proved to be false..

8. Shamit

Could you please elaborate upon certain contradiction in your previous article http://www.youthkiawaaz.com/2013/10/shouldnt-maximum-age-limit-politicians-contest-elections/ and this one? Specifically regarding Anna’s old age and nepotism and why you won’t suggest voting for AAP “at-all”. It leave a very short window for a political career if you are against both experienced and “inexperienced” candidates. They can’t be young and experienced at the same time.

1. Deepak Venkateswaran

@Shamit,

1) I did not focus upon nepotism in my article at all. In fact Nepotism and age are two different things i feel. Isn;t it?

2) Secondly this article does not bring Anna’s age anywhere. I only used Anna;s name to show where he differed from Kejriwal and about the movement.

I have in my recent comments actually given finer technical reasons why I would not feel voting for AAP is the better option.

And in my previous article i have always highlighted in the conclusion that a fine balance between yound and experienced politicians should be made ( at least mentor posts and advisory ranks ). Here AK and his entire group have no political mentor or no guidance from any person who has administered a state. Agree all of them might have had social service experience. However it is very VERY different from running a state where social service alone does not help.

Often social service extends only upto marginalized sections of societies, and poor people. However they are not the ones alone who make up a state. AK’s policies have been poor on how he would empower middle class and so on. HIs policies on electrictity bills, and other aspects are very common, and some of them seem vague .

9. Deepak Venkateswaran

mr. U said it right, ok! i concede to the facts that there are in- completion to the facts , and perhaps the way i presented my opinion was wrongly interpreted by you.
    I should have voiced my opinion in a different way . though I still remain strong in my stand. I would still not vote for AAP.
    I once again apologize sincerely for not putting the opinions in a right and technical manner.

Finally let me come up on more specific reasons for you:

1) Their stand on decentralization of power is something un-agreeable to me. Letting people influence the policies for local area. I believe this is a government and not a group activity or class project. It would lead to clash among groups who would want to influence policies in their favor. Usually that is what governments are for, studying people’s mandate and giving the final word on policies.

2) Right to recall, again that is one major flaw i find in there. Sometimes an MLA does not find enough time to visit in his constituency, specially if he is into the cabinet or a ministerial post. However that should not mean that people can complain and immediately throw him out.
    Instead it should be the government that should ensure a system where in these both are balanced.

And complaining to the EC. what is the alternative if he is removed? EC would have to conduct by elections. This would lead to a great turmoil znd wastage of tax payers money. as people could randomly go on firing complaints. WE know how it happens in politics. Even his rivals could do that to dethrone him or the govt.

3) Right to Reject. Hypothetical case. That means if no one is elected again and again EC would have to conduct elections in that area. Imagine the wastage of tax money and imagine the hectic process, security arrangements. There is some reason why our constitution makers put elections down once in 5 years.

And according to supreme court ( if out o 100 votes polled , 99 reject all and 1 candidate gets 1 vote then it is him the winner. And elections are centrally controlled , and not controlled state wise . AAP would have to wait for long to change that policy . Its simply misguiding.

4) Again most of their promises in the manifesto ( yes! i re read it again just to get more points) are something that has been already implemented in other states. For example in the promises about electricity price reduction, those are what happen in every government. Auditing of the company, proper billing system revamp and so on.

And again competition between companies for people to chose from. That is what happens in states where electricity companies have been privatized . And people have an option to chose from. Nothing new in that!!

And secondly according to you , those who write against AAP are not true nationals. I totally am against such narrow minded stand. I am a true national from the bottom of the heart. and i have my definition of right and wrong. You have yours!!
    Lets both keep it to ourselves and learn to live with each other. Thats the basic essence of democracy.

Jai hind and Dhanyavaad!!!

10. AAPisHope

1)The greatest USP of AAP is its clean image due to a transparent functional system.
    Every paisa is accounted for on their web site. Their accounts have been scrutinized once and are undergoing another investigation.
    Unlike other parties who are defaulters for violation of CEC orders to disclose their source of political funding by bringing it under RTI AAP has welcomed the second investigation.
    They have refused donations worth crores of rupees because the donor wanted to stay anonymous. Now that they have reached their desired target they have stopped appealing for donations even as there was a wave of willing contributors.
    This proves that politics is not a dhandha for them and their refusal to bend rules to fill their party coffers establishes their credibility.

Transparency in political funding is the greatest service any political party can do to curb the menace of corruption eroding our systems. In fact it is their democratic duty and non adherence to it is a crime. Citizens have a right to know whose money is driving the political party as ultimately it is going to effect the running of the country. After all the country cannot be run like a ‘dukaan’ of big money bags.

2) Irresponsible statements against media: It has been proven that the sting operation was fake.Those who are really interested in knowing the truth can watch the busting at the following link:
    http://goo.gl/R8GHjH

Also check the following links for press conference of AAP regarding the same and decide for themselves who is responsible and who is not.
    i): http://youtu.be/GeSCJno1H5U
    ii): http://youtu.be/xIwmas6gkbE
    iii): http://youtu.be/1lNISblp_KI
    iv): http://youtu.be/IF4F4tMct7o

This 12 crore fake sting operation has reinforced credibility of AAP and has shown the involved AAP candidates Shazia, Ilmi, Kumar Vishwas and all others as impeccably honest and incorruptible. Faith in them has grown manifold.
    In spite of all the facts being in open it is shameful that people like you continue to malign AAP by parroting lies with no basis in facts.

Also AAP members are citizens of this country and are entitled to freedom of expression which also includes right to express dissent and anger. But across the media both social and MSM they have been bludgeoned for perfectly reasonable and rightful utterances as well as actions.

A media which imposes blackout on Radia tapes but has no qualms over shamelessly telecasting an unauthenticated CD which even in its fake form is apparent to be a poorly cut and paste job does so at the risk of jeopardizing it’s already dented credibility.
    Also to be noted is the fact that although the fake tapes were shown with great pomp and show, the press conference which exposed it was ignored.
    Counter punch against a below the belt strike is a defensive move nothing irresponsible about it.
    In spite of so much naked bias against them AAP leaders have always maintained decorum and when they err they apologize and mend their ways.

No party is willing to expel criminals charged with serious cases like rape and murder but AAP has cancelled nomination of Rajourie Garden candidate on moral ground leaving the seat empty. They are now contesting on 69 seats.

3) Three Voter cards: It is a mistake at CEC end Arvind Kejriwal is not responsible for it in any way.

4)Kiran Bedi factor: How does Kiran Bedi distancing herself from AAP be a benchmark of credibility for AAP ? What if by your logic I state that by not joining AAP

Ms. Bedi’s credibility stands exposed? Would that be a valid argument?
    There are many luminaries in AAP cadre with track record of social activism in the forefront as well as part of backend support group. Irrigation scam whistleblower Vijay Pandhre is the latest entrant to AAP. To make an issue out of someone joining/leaving AAP as a dent in it’s credibility is highly ludicrous.

All your arguments are flimsy, propagandists without any basis in logic or truth.

For more clarity on AAP and a thorough busting of nonsense propaganda check the IBN7 interview of AK:
    http://goo.gl/0uSY4q

The party came with a clean image and has striven successfully to maintain it in it’s one year journey full of obstacles and dangers.
    They deserve support!
    Vote for AAP is vote for anti corruption.

Jai Hind!!

1. Mehul Gala (@mahigala7)

Amazing Research!! God bless you !!
      All the questions raised against AAP are answered by your post.
      Such a level of in-depth analysis should be commanded. #Respect
      Let’s vote for change !!!! Jai Hind !!

11. Sam India

I liked the point you made about Kiran Bedi’s credibility. lol. Reverse logic!

1. Mehul Gala (@mahigala7)

Lol. You hit the bulls eye

More from Deepak Venkateswaran

By Krishna Singh

By Aulina Pandey

By ABID KHAN GUDDU