This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Anuj Jindal. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Here’s Why AAP Is Right In Not Forming Government With Support From Any Party

More from Anuj Jindal

By Anuj Jindal:

Principles and Ideologies were the bedrock of Politics for some, promises were honored, and the ultimate aim of nation building was understood and followed no matter what the situation demanded. Panchsheel is a legacy of pundit Jawaharlal Nehru’s vision for India. It reminds us that Indian politics is unlike others. It reminds us that ‘a given word is the first step towards building unity and trust’. A broken promise breaks the foundation of this tower called ‘India’.

AAP

These values were buried with time. Changes in the immediate and international environment brought forward a new trend, a trend of ‘power’ rather than ‘service’. There was resistance and confusion at first, but the worst arrived when people accepted the new trend as normal and permanent. Arvind kejriwal has come forward as torchlight to bring clarity to the minds of people, to undo the damage, to create a new yet known political climate, the politics of service.

Here’s how he aspires to do it:

The principle of no compromise for the sake of forming a government is being reintroduced. The reason behind this principle lies in clean and effortless money collection exercise. Arvind’s party relies solely on ‘one-way’ donations. One way here refers to no promise to bring benefits to the donator once the party forms a government. A donation is made solely on the ground of making a clean and honest representative government.

Coalition politics has had many positives and negatives. The compulsion to fulfill every coalition party’s specific demands for survival has corrupted the idea of a ‘vision’ for the country as a whole. Arvind kejriwal aspires to undo this negative by surviving solely on the basis of honesty and service. People in any part of the world would welcome an honest government, the fact is that they don’t get to see such an alternative. AAP has provided this new alternative to the people and results are noteworthy.

In the 65 years of Independence, politics has created a gulf between the masses and the politicians. This wide gap is a hindrance in exchange of views, ideas and demands. AAP aims at filling this gulf by creating a government ‘truly’ by the people. Red beacons, police protection, special treatment in public (blocking the roads when a VIP is due to pass through) are meant to be buried deep.

But there’s a sad intermission to the story. Now that a situation of hung parliament has emerged in the capital, parties are making ‘weird’, unheard of allegations at the new political party.

BJP says that the Congress is ready to provide support and the ultimate aim is the welfare of the people, why then is AAP not accepting the proposal? They call it a betrayal to the people of Delhi. I would say that AAP has withstood the desire of coming to power. They have stood their ground of no support to and from any other party. This is a victory of ideologies and principles over ‘corrupt practicality’.

No change is brought without sacrifice. This is the sacrifice that Delhi has to make, suffer a short delay in development for a long term healthy survival of this new algebra in Indian politics. And the complications brought in by a hung parliament are heavily outweighed by the benefits of a re-election. Thus, any rational and concerned citizen would openly demand that AAP should stand its ground as the objective does not stop at lokpal or electricity prices or water bills, the objective is to create a cleaner way of politics in India and this is just a beginning. The climax is still to be seen, but to witness it, let’s educate ourselves before we agitate.

1. balayogi

All of read everything fully and come up with your arguments and perceptions

In any institution either big or small, as in our own body, there will always be a soul operating, heart pumping blood , a spleen or kidney etc cleaning it but always even behind beautifully exposed abdomens of the most sexy actresses too there will always be shit inside the abdomen either viewed by X -ray or not.

So BJP has not only many big frauds in addition uncontrollable fanatics who have not evolved beyond 18th century but then to say AAP does not have any one corrupt is wrong.

This dichotomy is the law of nature good and bad, big and small etc but life is more than a triad beginning as a triad depending on our relationship or how we relate to these good and bad stuff and also how the world reacts to these dichotomies and what we do about it. This process of relationship between these dichotomies involves two important factors for life learning and adjustment. We shall talk about it later in depth but now confine to AAP.

I have listed even those of Kejeriwal, there are two of them elected who have rape cases against them and many more and more of it will come out like the shit inside our system at appropriate time. Other parties do not want to expose AAP now for various reasons which is a big topic by itself.

Unfortunately our country always prioritized the wrong things and went gaga over irrelevant things. We do not need a kejeriwal to expose corruption. All of us know it. what we need is creating a good governance model which generates indigenous economic development, unlike the soviet model which condemned people into almost working class slaves in the name of communism ensuring to provide just enough for everyone to survive physically blocking any happiness or even freedom to know what was happening outside in the world admonishing all cultural and social activities as if they are all part of some religion and in the process even sabotaging literature, free thinking, philosophy, even independent scientific research unless it contributed something to USSR’s military technology or the Chinese model which is of course more clever and cunning and therefore more successful model whereby china slowly and steadily became a backyard manufacturing unit for 80% of the population of the western world. It grew on their consumption, if the western economy becomes too weak to even consume what china is producing then china will collapse.

If economic development is given a priority over everything else as an important aspect of governance then there will be real benefits accruing to all. This is called incidental benefits as for negative and destructive activities we call it as collateral damage.

There were few people who thought about it. Initially Rajiv Gandhi wanted to introduce computerization and inducted Sam Pitroda to come out with policy which benefits some or at least it initiated awareness for the necessity of using computers in all areas of life. When Narasimha Rao became P.M whatever I am saying are all on official records he actually wanted Dr. Subramanya swamy to be the FM with Manmohan and Alluwaliah as economic advisors[ as that was the team under Chandrasekar as PM with Dr. Swamy being minister ] as Rao felt Dr. Swamy had better understanding and big contacts in USA to bring in globalization against all the luddites from the leftist philosophy, but a real globalization , not the one which helped only US owned MNCs but on the condition that DR. Swamy must join the congress. However, DR. Swamy refused to join congress, so MMS was not FM but Rao still made DR. Swamy as the chairman of GATT and WTO commission[with a special cabinet rank where the ministers of State for finance, commerce and industry etc have to report to him] without a participation in which globalization could not have been implemented. Because of Narasimha Rao we inherited the benefits of opening up of the economy which paved the way for all our Engineers and Chartered accountants to get decent paying jobs in MNC, in the process for entry of every MNC there was huge commission, many middlemen and all sorts of corruption in which many benefited [in fact it sheer corruption between 90-95 by Jayalalitha and Sashikala demanding exorbitant money that the entire IT went to Andra where Chandrababu Naidu welcomed with open arms and provided all benefits] but it also helped a very large population of educated youth to get jobs and enhance their life status from lower middle class into upper middle class. Then when Vajpayee took over he felt that the opening up of economy has only made educated Indian youth being used as mere call center employees and software producers or back office operators for many US companies and felt in the event of any change in US policy can render our economy weak [as rulers they were not and they need not bother about a few thousand middle class educated youth losing their jobs], I stress the economic activity as a whole. It was then that the think tank of RSS [I do not subscribe to many of their views or activities which are fanatical and foolish too] suggested that the manufacturing sector, the exporting sector, the agriculture producing sector have to reap the benefits of the economic liberalization for which infrastructure must be created. So NDA came out with huge infrastructure projects thanks to which we have high ways across the nation. Otherwise before that the GST road from Perunkulatur to Chenglepet ,OMR, Sriperumbudur etc were a little wider than a loincloth[komanam in Tamil]. This involved land acquisition which involved coming out with some guidelines and which involved lot of corruption and mal practices ,even now the toll fee is a day light robbery but then no one would mind that considering the facility that the highways provide.

Manifestation of policy decision and economic development agenda must result in controlling price raise, reducing inflation, level playing field for most of the investors, enough opportunities for making the nation a power to be recognized and respected in the comity of nations [Vajpayee did silently Pokran tests] and naturally all citizens will be the beneficiaries of all these activities [as incidental benefits as mentioned earlier].

Nobody ever talks about the money that T.R. Balu earned in Katipara bridge project, it is taken as almost middleman’s commission but if after allotting funds had he not built the bridge itself or sold the contract to an unknown foreign company selling needles at exorbitant rates etc then everyone would question that.

90 to 95 Jayalalitha wasted the power she got, B.S. yeduyerappa wasted the power he got. Both of them got punished rightly so for letting down the people who reposed faith in them for their nonperformance on economic development front due to various reasons/justifications.
    Similarly AAP is letting down the huge mandate they got unexpectedly, they were expecting only maximum 12 seats, along with a open support from a big party like Congress. AAPians are good reporters, arm chair critics or trade union leaders who can only criticize and find fault with other but are incapable of even taking up a step towards governance. This is where the street smart eight standard failed politicians score over these academically qualified scholars who suffer from frequent bouts of verbal diarrhea.

This bunch of AAP are like and from leftist Marxist Leninist ideological outfits which can be very dangerous like the Maoist [ all their arguments are justifiable but the methods or modus operandi is dirty, producing only collateral damages [already many educated youth are made to waste lot of time paying attention to them and their pronouncements and reading their propaganda material etc]
    All big communist party leaders across the globe [except Gorbachev] are all corrupt and would never tolerate even the slightest disturbance to their position while they will do all tall talk of equality, liberty, egalitarianism etc [you must read a wonderful history book by a British Author called Dance the book title is ‘History for a United World’] and this trend percolates to the lowest leftist trade union leader too.
    The far-fetched extreme idealism of Marxist left is very nice in theory but has never worked anywhere nor is workable, ‘you cannot blame the rain drops for not moving upwards’. Variety and differences are the laws of nature. Learning and adjustments are the two constant processes of life with varying degrees of intensities of their manifestation like for example under adjustments we have compromises, confirming to others views etc as long as they deliver the desired goal with some frictions and nudging here and there, nothing happens without these, even we were born like that because while millions of sperms nudged one managed to push forward to become a successful egg.
    Unwillingness to adjust or accommodate is a sign of intolerance and insecurity and therefore a fanatic outlook.

AAP can only be the preferred baby of the media and therefore pampered and promoted by it. What is unfortunate is the collateral damage it has already done to many of the educated youth.
    I am off to kutcheri shall catch up later on

Read these two to know one philosophy of life’s inevitable contradictions in this link
    New Year with a New Realization of Reality
    http://contentwriteups.blogspot.in/2013/12/new-year-with-new-realization-of-reality_6.html
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/189819608/New-Year-With-a-New-Realization-of-Reality1011
    And the misplaced priorities in Indian politics
    http://contentwriteups.blogspot.in/2013/09/the-gandhi-and-j-nehrus-fiasco-called.html

2. balayogi

from a friend through email
    Bigger megalomaniacs than Kejriwal? Make no mistake, as an alum of IIT Kharagpur, I am proud of what Kejriwal has achieved. But he has made three mistakes because of which a thinking individual like me will not vote for AAP again:

1) His statements betray a complete ignorance about economics and of administrative structures. Reducing power tariffs by 50% and free water will cost the exchequer more than 1000 cr per annum. Will he fund this by selling chole bhature at ramlila?

2) To catapult AAP and for quick gains, he has tried to sell the “both Congress and BJP are corrupt” spiel. Now, let us understand this clearly – the 2G, coalgate, defense scams alone account for USD 135 bn (more than 10% of our GDP), not to mention the Vadra-Gandhi land loot. I find this moral equivalence of Kejriwal between Congress and BJP to be a betrayal of the anti-corruption cause…it is just Kejriwal looking to catapult himself as a sickular alternative to the congress.

3) All heat, no fire. The test of the pudding is in the eating. You can do all the high-pedestal rabble-rousing moral grandstanding and you might even get popular as a result. But at the end of the day, you need to be able to administer and govern. This is where Modi has set himself apart from the boys. A few like Shivraj Singh Chouhan and Nitish Kumar are able to claim similar credentials. However, the way Kejriwal has been running away from government formation over the last week, wearing his moral chastity belt over his head, leads me to believe that this is all a gimmick – this is a party that has only discussed how to organize an-shans and bhajan parties. They have never discussed issues of administration, governance, exchequer. You cannot have a party that always wants to sit in the opposition or in a position of power without responsibility. There is another name for such trickery – Sonia Gandhi.

I overlooked the first two shortcomings and voted for AAP. Hope and change got the better of me that week. But when I see the cherry on top, post the verdict, I am clear now. Kejriwal, while a good gimmick, is just that – a gimmick.

3. workforoneSwapnil

Exactly everything in you is right but your approach to make people FOOL could not be forgiven at any level.Thats what Kejriwal is doing. Either you are right or wrong but still you are making them all FOOL who has voted you to do something.

1. Prashant Srivastava

But, you know if Arivind forms the government with Congress support, what guarantees they won’t interrupt his works. It’s Congress new game. It’s Congress trick to be obstacle on the way of APP’s promises. Don’t you know the government, formed on support is nothing but an effigy in the hand of supporters. This is what Congress plans, They are not supporting, but their aim is to interrupt APP plan of action and then to withdraw support by saying Arvind has no ability to run the government.

More from Anuj Jindal

By Mihika Rohatgi

By Archana Gupta

By Jaimine