This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Mayank Jain. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Top 10 Most Appealing #unManifesto Promises Of This Week

More from Mayank Jain

By Mayank Jain:

#unManifesto is an attempt to give the power back into the hands of citizens to govern themselves. The campaign has garnered huge support and response from far and wide. We brought the top 10 interesting promises from the last week for you and this time we have added the 10 most appealing to the list. Read on to know the best ones we have received recently:

manifesto

1. Like the quote on Twitter went viral a day back: “When you pay in Bananas, all you get are monkeys.
“Raise the salaries of government employees, especially the police force. We have lost faith in the politicians, but at least, if the police force is genuine, we have a ray of hope.” — Mohadasa Syed

2. Youth make up for the major portion of the demography of the country and we can’t afford to lose them to depression and suicides and hence, rehabilitation centers and helplines are a must.
“These days, youths are committing suicide and government should open a rehabilitation center for their counselling.”- Neeraj Kumar

3. Inflation is sky rocketing every day and there needs to be a ceiling to the price hikes else it will be difficult for the common man to survive.
Reduce the price of all commodities and ensure proper justice for women.”- Berzin Marolia

4. The China model of socialist industrialization has worked wonders and some experimental iterations of the same might just prove helpful in generating employment for the youth.
Government should set up industries to help youth get employment.”- Arjun Valmiki

5. When we think about the problems plaguing the country, it all boils down to population control and education. Education will help in the former as well so literacy is a must.
“There should be 100% literacy in India by 2020- 25”- Aayushi Chaturvedi

6. Sex determination is prohibited in the law but it is rampant across the country and hence we need stronger enforcement to maintain the ideal sex ratio in the country.
“License of those doctors should be cancelled who indulge in sex discrimination.”- Rukaiyya Tahir

7. Traffic problem is on the rise every day and people spend more time in travelling than they travel with families, and fly overs might be one way out of the problem.
Fly overs should be constructed on busy roads in order to prevent the problem of traffic jams”– Dilip Kumar

8. The need of the hour is to move away from discrimination on the basis of caste and the benefits need to be delivered on the economic condition instead.
“Government shouldn’t make policies on the basis of caste, rather it should frame them by looking at the economic condition.”- Anita Kumari

9. Economic instability or inability to afford fees of institutions shouldn’t bar candidates from having well deserved education.
“Poor students should get quality education.”- Sana Khan

10. Mandatory women empowerment measures like education and self-defense training are a must these days to help women get on the same platform as males of the society enjoy.
“Proper education should be given to the girls so that they can equally educate their families after their marriage.”- Rafat Jahan

You can add your unManifesto promise here

More from Mayank Jain

By Meharmeet Kaur Thandi

By Melanie Dhar

By Trisha Mishra