By Mayank Jain:
#unManifesto is an attempt to give the power back into the hands of citizens to govern themselves. The campaign has garnered huge support and response from far and wide. People are enthusiastically sharing their preferred promises that should be in the political manifestos. Read on to know the most crucial promises we have received recently:
1. Because democracy begins with equal rights.
“Muslims should get equal rights through reservation. Whichever leader is elected, they should give equal rights. neither Hindus nor Muslims should be given preferential treatment“- Afzal Baig
2. Drug addiction is becoming a major cause of concern in rural areas as much as Indian cities nowadays.
“Try to stop people from using drugs which leads to problems for themselves and to others. My family and I suffer from this problem as this happens in front of my home. Dealing with this problem can save many lives.”– Shaikh Aadam
3. We do need a stand on important issues and Kashmir is crucial.
“à¤•à¤¾à¤¶à¥à¤®à¥€à¤° à¤®à¥à¤¦à¥à¤¦à¥‡ à¤ªà¤° à¤œà¤²à¥à¤¦ à¤¸à¥‡ à¤œà¤²à¥à¤¦ à¤•à¤¾à¤°à¤µà¤¾à¤ˆ à¤•à¤¿à¤¯à¤¾ à¤œà¤¾à¤ à¤”à¤° à¤‡à¤¸ à¤®à¤¸à¤²à¥‡ à¤•à¥‹ à¤¹à¤®à¥‡à¤¶à¤¾ à¤•à¥‡ à¤²à¤¿à¤ à¤¸à¥à¤²à¤à¤¾à¤¯à¤¾ à¤œà¤¾à¤.“- Satveer
4. A large gap is still present in the required and imparted standards of education which needs to be bridged at the earliest.
“à¤•à¥‰à¤²à¥‡à¤œ à¤•à¤¿ à¤¶à¤¿à¤•à¥à¤·à¤¾ à¤à¤¸à¥€ à¤¬à¤¨à¤¾à¤ˆ à¤œà¤¾à¤ à¤•à¤¿ à¤‰à¤¸à¤•à¥‡ à¤¤à¥à¤°à¤¨à¥à¤¤ à¤¬à¤¾à¤¦ à¤°à¥‹à¤œà¤—à¤¾à¤° à¤®à¤¿à¤² à¤¸à¤•à¥‡.”- Surendar Singh
5. India is yet to make a mark proportionate to its potential in the sports arena and political parties can bring the issue to the table.
“à¤—à¥à¤°à¤¾à¤®à¤¿à¤² à¤¸à¥à¤¤à¤° à¤ªà¤° à¤–à¥‡à¤² à¤•à¥‹ à¤¬à¥à¤¾à¤µà¤¾ à¤¦à¥‡à¤¨à¥‡ à¤•à¥‡ à¤²à¤¿à¤ à¤–à¥‡à¤² à¤•à¥‡ à¤®à¥ˆà¤¦à¤¾à¤¨ à¤”à¤° à¤•à¥à¤²à¤¬à¥‹à¤‚ à¤•à¤¿ à¤¸à¥à¤¥à¤ªà¤¨à¤¾ à¤•à¤¿ à¤œà¤¾à¤.”- Rafiq Khan
6. Corruption is eroding away most of the benefits that people are entitled to receive and hence must be put to an end.
“à¤®à¤¿à¤¡ à¤¡à¥‡ à¤®à¤¿à¤² à¤”à¤° à¤¨à¤°à¥‡à¤—à¤¾ à¤œà¥ˆà¤¸à¥€ à¤¯à¥‹à¤œà¤¨à¤¾à¤“à¤‚ à¤¸à¥‡ à¤à¥à¤°à¤¸à¥à¤Ÿà¤¾à¤šà¤¾à¤° à¤¬à¥ à¤°à¤¹à¤¾ à¤¹à¥ˆ à¤‡à¤¸à¤•à¤¾ à¤µà¤¿à¤•à¤²à¥à¤ª à¤¨à¤¿à¤•à¤¾à¤²à¤¾ à¤œà¤¾à¤ à¤•à¥‹à¤ˆ à¤•à¤®à¥‡à¤Ÿà¥€ à¤¬à¤¨à¤¾à¤¯à¤¾ à¤œà¤¾à¤ à¤œà¥‹ à¤‡à¤¨à¤•à¥€ à¤‰à¤šà¤¿à¤¤ à¤œà¤¾à¤‚à¤š à¤•à¤° à¤¸à¤•à¥‡.”- Urmila Prajapati
7. Farmers of the country are among the most suppressed groups while they are so important.
“à¤•à¤¿à¤¸à¤¾à¤¨à¥‹à¤‚ à¤¦à¥à¤µà¤¾à¤°à¤¾ à¤‰à¤—à¤¾à¤ à¤—à¤ à¤†à¤¨à¤¾à¤œ à¤•à¥‡ à¤‰à¤šà¤¿à¤¤ à¤¦à¤¾à¤® à¤¦à¤¿à¤ à¤œà¤¾à¤ à¤”à¤° à¤‡à¤¸à¤®à¥‡ à¤¬à¤¿à¤šà¥Œà¤²à¤¿à¤ à¤¹à¥ˆ à¤‰à¤¨à¥ à¤ªà¤° à¤•à¤¾à¤°à¤µà¤¾à¤ˆ à¤•à¤¿à¤¯à¤¾ à¤œà¤¾à¤.”– Rajvir Saharan
8. Very interesting solution to end the dynasties from appearing in the Parliament.
“Introduce a two terms policy for becoming Member of Parliament and Member of Legislative Assembly. Thus an individual can become MP/MLA only twice in life”– Gaurang Sauhard
9. Transportation is pivotal to economic growth and hence villages and cities should be linked better.
“à¤¤à¤¹à¤¶à¥€à¤² à¤¸à¥‡ à¤ªà¤‚à¤šà¤¯à¤¤ à¤¸à¥à¤¤à¤° à¤ªà¤° à¤¨à¤—à¤°à¥€à¤¯ à¤¬à¤¸ à¤¸à¥‡à¤µà¤¾ à¤¶à¥à¤°à¥‚ à¤•à¤¿à¤¯à¤¾ à¤œà¤¾à¤.”- Rukmini
10. People demand welfare of animals along with their own and it must be provided to them.
“à¤—à¥à¤°à¤¾à¤® à¤ªà¤‚à¤šà¤¾à¤¯à¤¤ à¤¸à¥à¤¤à¤° à¤ªà¤° à¤ªà¤¶à¥ à¤šà¤¿à¤•à¤¿à¤¤à¥à¤¸à¤¾à¤²à¤¯ à¤¬à¤¨à¥‡.“- Maina Kaswa