Though Kejriwal Resigned Today As Delhi’s CM, Here’s All That AAP Achieved In 49 Days

Posted on February 15, 2014 in Politics

By Anshul Tewari:

arvind-kesjriwaqlWhile many are supporting Arvind Kejriwal for his decision to resign as Delhi’s Chief Minister, Twitter has been flooding with tweets with people opposing his decision. Many (including myself) were disappointed with this decision. Though it would have been interesting to see him stand through and battle it out as the Chief Minister of Delhi, he resigned.

The Aam Aadmi Party was probably the fastest acting Government in the history of Delhi. The list of what the party did in the last 49 days cannot be ignored. It doesn’t matter if you are a cynic, supporter, hater or confused, check out their list of achievements as the Delhi Government:

• Free supply of 667 litres of water daily for households with metered connections.
  • Fifty per cent subsidy in electricity bills for households which consume up to 400 units of power a month.
  • No red or blue beacons on official cars, bringing an end to ‘VIP culture’
  • All government schools surveyed for infrastructure deficiency and given Rs.1 lakh each for immediate repairs.
  • Some 24,000 people exempted from paying 50 percent of their power bills during the period they took part in an AAP campaign against inflated electricity bills.
  • Launched anti-corruption and nursery admission helplines.
  • New permits given to 5,500 autos.
  • Registered first information reports (FIR) against former Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit in irregularities in the preparations for the 2010 Commonwealth Games and Petroleum Minister Veerappa Moily, former minister Murli Deora and Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani for allegedly colluding to inflate natural gas prices and raising power bills.
  • Ordered audit of Delhi’s three power distribution companies.