By Anshul Tewari:
What happens when prominent journalists, governance experts and youth leaders come together to discuss the Lok Sabha Elections of 2014? We’ll find out!
Youth Ki Awaaz, as a part of its on-going #YouthElect campaign is happy to announce an exclusive Google Hangout with some of the country’s best experts and influencers to discuss what should decide your vote.
Expect us to talk about extremely crucial issues this election, about what should really form your vote, the past performance of the 15th Lok Sabha and much more.
Have questions for the panelists? Here are tips on what you could ask them:
1) Jagdeep Chhokar, Founder, Association for Democratic Reforms: Mr. Chhokar has aÂ Ph.D. from Louisiana State University, USA and is a former Director In-charge of Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad. He had earlier worked with the Indian Railways as a mechanical engineer and manager for over a decade, and as international marketing manager with a public sector organization for four years. He has also taught at Universities in Australia, France, Japan and the US.
2) Yogesh Upadhyay, AskHow: Yogesh Upadhyaya is the Founder of AskHow, an initiative to improve the quality of public debate in India, and an independent consultant, who has extensive experience in the software and financial services sectors. Â Yogesh was founder-director of Fineng Solutions, which specialized in creating software products for the financial services industry, including mutual funds and banks. Â Yogesh had earlier worked in the advisory and ratings divisions of Crisil. Â He holds a B.Tech from IIT Bombay and an MBA from IIM Calcutta. Â Yogesh was selected as a Chevening Gurukul Scholar at the London School of Economics.
3) Kunal Majumder, Zee Media:Â Kunal Majumder, 29, is a writer, journalist and columnist. Currently he works as Associate Editor (Digital) for Zee Media Corp websites.Â Prior to Zee, Kunal was with Tehelka from September 2009 to December 2013. As Assistant Editor, he was responsible for its online operations which includes daily news, columns, blogs and social media. He writes on issues related to politics, Maoist conflict and foreign affairs.
4) Prukalpa Sankar, SocialCops:Â Prukalpa is the co-founder of Social Cops (www.socialcops.org) – where they using mobile phones and technology to turn citizens into human sensors, to create a layer of social data to aid data driven decisions in civic issues, public health, education. She also writes a column on Inc42 and YouthKiAwaaz. She has previously worked in Goldman Sachs and Exxon Mobil. She studied Engineering and Entrepreneurship at the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore and is currently based out of New Delhi, India.
5) Ravish Kumar, NDTV:Â Ravish Kumar is an Indian TV anchor and journalist. He hosts many program in NDTV including the well known ‘Prime Time’,’Hum Log’ and ‘Ravish Ki Report’. He was honoured with the Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Award for the Journalist of the Year 2013 (Broadcast).He has also won the Indian news television award 2014 for Best News anchor (Hindi).
6) Chakshu Roy, PRS Legislative:Â Chakshu heads the outreach team and leads the legislator and citizen engagement initiatives.Â He has been involved in setting up the state laws project, training civil society and journalist groups about tracking Parliament.Â Â Before joining PRS, Chakshu worked as a lawyer who specialised in real estate law and commercial contracts.Â He has earlier worked in corporate law with the Chamber of Law, New Delhi.Â He was selected as an INK Fellow in 2010.Â He holds Bachelors degrees in Commerce and Law from Delhi University.
7) Sucheta De, PhD Research Scholar, JNU: Sucheta De is a PhD Research Scholar at the Jawaharlal Nehru University, and a prominent Gender Rights Activist.
The discussion is being moderated by Kashish Gupta, Journalist with NDTV. She also hosts the “The Social Network” show on NDTV.
If you have any questions for the panel, tweet them to Kashish @_kashish_ or write them down here in the comments section. Make sure you log on to yka.be/ElectHangout tomorrow at 4pm to stream in live.