MUST WATCH: Every Third Rape Victim In India Is A Girl Child, Here’s How You Can Change That

Posted on April 13, 2014 in Campaign, Child Rights, Child Sexual Abuse, Gender-Based Violence, Taboos, Video

Talking about a harsh reality, reading about the truth and looking into the eyes of a brutal reality, are three completely different things. Which of the three is the most difficult is for you to decide. But this, is one of the most important things you’ll watch today.

Remember that  children, who comprise about 40 per cent of the country’s population, should not be forgotten by voters and political parties in the world’s largest democratic exercise. If you feel the pain of this 15-year-old girl, make sure you vote for a candidate who can protect children like her from child abuse.

If you are a survivor, parent or guardian who wants to seek help for child sexual abuse, or know someone who might, you can dial 1098 for CHILDLINE (a 24-hour national helpline) or email them at [email protected] You can also call NGO Arpan on their helpline 091-98190-86444, for counselling support.