This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Jhalak Agarwal. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

11 Wonderful Movies That You Must Not Miss This Summer Vacation!

More from Jhalak Agarwal

By Jhalak Agarwal:

In the midst of summer vacations, with so much time to spare, it’s time to hit the theaters. Some of the recent releases and the upcoming movies look very promising. In the scorching heat outside, none of us want to get out. But when there are such excellent movies coming out, I don’t think we can resist. Whether it is Hollywood or Bollywood, we certainly see some high-quality talent coming around. Check out some of the movies that one should definitely not miss out on.

1. Million Dollar Arm

This biological sports drama film gives you a feeling of hope that Indians are capable of much more than Cricket when it comes to sports. It shows a journey of an American sports agent who hires two players from India to play professional baseball through a reality show. The movie is based on a true story and very marvelously shows the two Indians emerge as rising baseball players.

2. The Fault In Our Stars

This one’s for the people out there who are not just into action movies. It’s a heart-warming story about two young people who meet at a cancer group and eventually become an inevitable part of each other’s life. This movie has clever dialogue, heart-pounding romance, and the tear-jerking heartbreak of being a terminally sick teen in love. The movie has it all. This one will definitely bring a tear to your eye.

3. Edge Of Tomorrow

“How many times have we been here?”

This movie is taken from a Japanese light novel ‘All You Need Is Kill‘ by Hiroshi Sakurazaka. Edge of Tomorrow is set in the distant future during war between a race of aliens called Mimics and the human race. It stars Tom Cruise as a soldier fighting in a war with aliens who finds himself caught in a time loop of his last day in the battle, though he becomes better skilled along the way. This movie is packed with action scenes and the trailer looks quite exciting.

4. Transformers: Age Of Extinction

“This is not war… it’s human extinction.”

There are some film series that just cannot be missed, whether it is Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Wars or X-Men (next on my list). The first three movies have already made us a fan of Transformers and we are definitely not willing to miss this one. Like the first three, the action sequences in this sci-fi movie are totally insane. It seems like the movie will be a wild ride and Michael Bay just keeps outdoing himself with his action sequences.

5. X-Men: Days Of Future Past

This is another series that many of us are very fond of. This is the seventh movie of the superhero series which promises to be the greatest, extremely entertaining and the most complete X-Men movie to date. Rotten Tomatoes’ review reads that “X-Men: Days of Future Past combines the best elements of the series to produce a satisfyingly fast-paced outing that ranks among the franchise’s finest installments.” A fan of X-Men should definitely go check this one out.

6. A Million Ways to Die in the West

This one might not be everyone’s cup of tea. The creator of Family Guy, Seth MacFarlane, has turned his million-jokes-a-minute style of humor into a movie with this one. Not only has he co-written and directed the movie but he is also the star of the movie along with many more known stars like Charlize Theron, Liam Neeson, Amanda Seyfried and Neil Patrick Harris. The movie is about a sheep herder in the Wild West who intends to avoid the multifarious sticky ends that characterize the frontier life. But it doesn’t remain that way when he has to man up when he is dumped by his girlfriend for another man, and a beautiful gunslinger and her outlaw husband turn up in town.

7. Deliver Us From Evil

The next movie on the list is the one which you should certainly not watch alone. It is made by the makers of The Exorcism of Emily Rose and Sinister, and the trailer suggests that it would be just as scary. The movie is about a cop who is forced to investigate a case related to paranormal activities although it is against his religious beliefs because they are terrorizing the city. The makers have never disappointed us in the horror department so we should expect nothing less.

8. Maleficent

All of us read the story of Sleeping Beauty when we were small, but we know the story only from the sleeping beauty’s point of view. This movie takes us through the tale of Maleficent, the iconic villain and we finally learn how her pure heart turned into stone that made her so evil. This movie seems interesting because it shows the antagonist’s perspective and stars Angelina Jolie in a negative role. It is a dark fantasy adventure film and one should watch to just re-live reading Sleeping Beauty.

9. Filmistaan

After going through many Hollywood movies, it is time to take a quick look at the interesting Bollywood movies coming up.

This one is a laughter riot which depicts the story of an affable Bollywood buff and a wanna-be-actor. The movie has tried to show how cinema can be the universal panacea for co-existence by the way the lead actor bonds with a Pakistani when he is kept hostage by an Islamic terrorist group. Although it does not have any known stars, that should not stop you from giving this movie a chance because I would not want you to have any regrets. The trailer was absolutely hilarious that convinced me that this one is a must watch.

10. Kya Dilli Kya Lahore

Many movies have been made on partition previously, but this one is different because it combines sensitivity with bits of angst and melodrama, when required. It might be a little slow but its poetic optimism will surely stay with you for long. Set in 1948, this story is about two soldiers who have become ‘refugees’ because of the partition. One should watch the film for Gulzar’s poetry, the performance of its lead pair and an amazing climax.

11. Hawaa Hawaai

It’s a story about a young boy who works in a tea shop to support his family and dreams of becoming a skater. Partho Gupte brings out the inner turmoil and the struggle of the boy just as effortlessly as he played Stanley in his first film. The other four street children who played his friends and are always by his side are completely believable and affecting characters that grow on the audience as the film gets into its stride. This movie celebrates the heroic resilience of the downtrodden without resorting to the kind of falsely optimistic triumphalism that is commonplace in the run-of-the-mill Hindi films.

With the summer upon us, there is no time to waste. Just look up which of the movies are already in the theaters and give it a try. It might not be your favorite genre but these movies might just surprise you. All of them look quite promising and worth watching.

1. mahigala7

Interesting. All of them looks promising.

2. nitin

kya dill kya lahore – reminds of lagaan and amelie defeating – ‘No man’s land’. Will skip others, but million ways to die in west. Had been waiting eagerly for its release

More from Jhalak Agarwal

By Tapesh Upadhyay

By Vanita Ganesh

By Himanshu Pandey