By Anshul Tewari:
Youth Ki Awaaz is looking for a voracious social-media consumer and innovator with attitude and a deep knowledge of digital campaigning for social causes, to serve as a full-time Digital Campaigner in our New DelhiÂ office. You’ll work with the Editorial and the Engagement team to turn-in and run innovative campaigns to engage young people on pertinent issues and causes, produce smart and engaging content, and drive high quality impact.
Youth Ki Awaaz is the fastest growing media platform for young Indians to express themselves on crucial issues, with 2+ million readers a month and over 20,000 writers. We’reÂ transforming theÂ media landscape and democratizing the opinion creation and development process.Â Youth Ki Awaaz campaigns form the back-bone of the action our community takes to further the causes and issues that we work on, supported by high impact non-profits and social good organizations.
Here’s what you’ll do as part of our team:
- Identify, design, and execute high-response advocacy campaigns and youth engagements in collaboration with potential partners and high impact non-profits and social good businesses.
- Work with a team of content and social media experts to build audience for campaigns that drive social change, challenge status quo and, break stereotypes and transition mindsets. Additionally, provide strategic advice, conduct media outreach, and promote them across the web and to our members via social media and email.
- Contribute to Youth Ki Awaaz’s success measurements and lessons learned to ensure organization-wide skill building and best practices.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with organizations and community members to enable them to use Youth Ki Awaaz as a tool for youth engagement and social change.
- Work on building a strong network of volunteers and campaigners around Youth Ki Awaaz.
Skills & experience required:
- A deep commitment to collaborate on our mission of empowering young people through path breaking content and social campaigns.
- Proven track record of designing strategies and tactics for organic growth of campaign/project on social media, including engaging users and deriving analysis.
- Keen understanding of the Indian media landscape.
- Experience and expertise in creating content for social media, and understanding of content for different social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest)
- Skills to write effective, short and high quality emails
- Excellent copy writing skills with sufficient experience
- An inclination towards building interesting content
- Understanding of numbers and trust in them — know how to measure a campaign’s success in numbers, and how to set up various tools to measure a campaign for analysis
- Experience and willingness to work with a diverse set of people with different abilities and understanding
- A willingness to take risks, fail, learn and adapt.
- Strong sense of fun, innovation and exchange – that is what our team thrives on. You should be able to imagine and aim for the impossible.
- 1-2 years of experience in social media driven campaigns or projects
- Project Management Skills – this job requires timely and decisive project prioritization and resource allocation.
The job is often driven by a campaign cycle, so there are times that involve long hours and times that don’t. Our culture recognizes both the needs of campaigns and the need for rest and for our staff to have a life.
The position should be held in New Delhi.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
How to apply:
Email careers (at) youthkiawaaz (dot) com with –
- Cover-letter (not more than 500 words) and Resume
- Writing sample on a recent current event or an issue you are passionate about
- List of the campaigns you have run in the past, or social media projects you have managed in the past
- List of the websites you get your daily news from
- One paragraph identifying the one impossible invention you’d like to come up with and why – the bolder the better!
Why so much, you ask?