This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Mayank Jain. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

This Comic Proves That Birth Control Is A Woman’s Right, And The Society Has No Business In It

More from Mayank Jain

By Mayank Jain:

Women are baby loving creatures who walk on the earth only to cuddle with cute babies and bring new ones into the world, right? Or if they are Indian women, they are bound to produce only males because who wants a female child?

We don’t do very well at respecting women and children, and it is partly due to the social stigmas we attach to everything a person does. The choices they make are turned into judgement about their character and intentions. Some take it further and link it up to their personalities. “She wants an abortion? She is so self-centred and irresponsible about her husband’s wishes.” Why does it make us uncomfortable to think of women as human beings who enjoy sex and might use birth control for the same?

Cartoons can serve as powerful and effective means of communication for social change. This comic is a reality check for all of us, as it exposes our own stereotypes and regressive biases. 

TMW2014-03-19colorLARGE-49252bcadd273dc5bde952575ef107fe

It’s their body and the right to make babies with it or not rests with them. Birth control is meant to control child birth and a woman is free to use it however she wishes.

Thumb rule: Her body, her choices.

1. Nina

Good one Mayank.i wish there are more men who think like you.

1. Mayank Jain

Hello Nina,
      Thank you for your comment.
      I think we start caring about things and sharing them with others, there will be a lot more people who will begin to think for themselves and not follow the dogma which we have inherited.

Hope is what makes the world go round.

2. Parth Garg

Now this was a Sweet Answer..

When marriages r happening after 24(least).. This is obvious.. Career matters nt ur virginity..

3. suburban dreamer

looks like i did not get the point….

are we talking about women’s right to birth control or is it about women’s right to abortion?

isn’t abortion in simple terms – murdering a life that is developing within the woman?

I fully agree that women have the right to enjoy sex, and decide whether they want a child or not, but how about deciding it first rather than trying to murder a budding life when in order to hide one’s lack of responsibility.

That’s not freedom. That’s abuse of freedom…

1. Urvashi

“Abortions are murders” <– this is a very debatable topic. There are pro-choice people in the world who don't consider abortions to be murders. Just because you seem to be pro-life doesn't mean you should start making assumptions that just because a woman had an abortion it means she wants he hide her lack of responsibility.
      Stop judging.

2. ProChoice

Adding to Urvashi’s point, we are quick to “support life” where the curbing of rights concerns women. Imagine the uproar if one was to say that male masturbation is murder (since technically the semen contains “life”, no?). And remember that abortions are painful and expensive, it’s not that women particularly enjoy the process but when they choose to abort, we as a society should respect the informed choice that she is making. After all, an unwilling mother is not the best situation for a baby to be born in.

4. Ra’s al Ghul

Birth control is a woman’s right and she has a complete right to enjoy a big cock in her lovely pussy, but we don’t need a childish comic to ‘prove’ it. Why don’t you come up with a proper article on the subject, and that too a mature one. You are welcome to join the League of Shadows where you will be taught maturity.

5. Gaurav

women should shun marriage, that is the best way to get rid of the problems related to marriage. all indian women should pledge to not marry. this will force society to rethink their behaviour towards women.

1. Prashant

???

6. Vidya Sethi

Wonderfully written,Mayank.
    You put forward the ideology in best and simplest way. Love the added comic in the end.

Kudos. Cheers.

7. Rocky Ridlan

Abortion is legal Right of women. Abortion is not murder.

More from Mayank Jain

By Love Matters India

By Rigya

By Samanneeta Chakraborty