This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Mayank Jain. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

“My Father Raised A Monster”: A Poem About The Dominance That We Gift Men

More from Mayank Jain

By Mayank Jain:

women in India poem
Photo Credit

“It is a girl”,
But who wants her?
You let her die
And saved her life
From the sinful world
That your boy has bred.
He was a trophy
And he shall always be.

You let him be
And you asked him to play
Gave him the finest milk and bats
To beat his little sister astray.
Yet, you spoke for him!
“Boys will be boys,” you said
Rewarded him for dominating
And you showed her, her place.
She was always below him
He was your best chance to glory, you believed
But how!

You gifted him aggression
Told him to do what his heart says
Because, the heart can’t go wrong
And boys are always right.
And now, do you wish you didn’t?

You let a monster survive,
And you took his domination
And glorified
“That’s how boys are supposed to be,”
You forbade him from crying
But you didn’t stop him
From making lives miserable.

He seeks glory
In power and might,
Far from the truth
That the world is hers too.
And now, the monster roams on the road
It might be her friend, her brother or a stranger

But he doesn’t care
He loves to lech and he will stare
If she resists, he will show her, her place
And thrust his dominance in her face
“Sometimes, punishing a girl is the only way”
What if she howls or cries?
She’s a girl, who cares for them anyway.

The monster won’t rest tonight
He will scar her soul and he might bring her down
She might die and she will pray she does
For this world is no longer upright.

You still tell him it’s alright
You let him run and you let him hide
Blame it on the girl for provoking him
But absolve yourself for teaching it.
If only you had stopped him,
And told him to respect and accept
People as equals.
If only you had raised him right
As a human and not a man
She might have been alive.
If only you hadn’t beaten your wife
He wouldn’t dominate
All women, for life.

But you raised a monster
And you let him play
You stood by him
Because boys are special
And girls are accidental.
And now you shudder
On what have you done
But it is too late
He has been ruining lives and
He is breeding more.

The girl is gone
And she won’t come back
In the heavens she might ask for forgiveness
For being a girl
In this shameful world
Her face, her screams and her soul will roam
They will haunt our memories forever
We killed her together by raising you, son.

We never stopped you from wrong,
And we made it alright
But, it’s too late for repentance
She is screaming for answers
And she will ask us why, we let her die
We will stand up and fight
Guard our daughters
Because of your courage, dear son,
None of us will sleep tonight.

To know more about this story and what I think, follow me on Twitter at @mayank1029

1. Rads

Absolutely haunting.

2. Mayank Jain

Thank you!

1. UNKNOWN

IT SEEMS LIKE U SHOW THAT ALL MALE ARE WRONG. ALL SEXUAL ASSULT DONE ONLY BY MALE.
      FOR YOUR KIND INFORMATION CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE DONE BY FEMALE(52% FEMALE) AND MALE(48%) . IT IS MYTH THAT SEXUAL ABUSE MOSTLY DONE BY MALE
      SEE SATYAMEV SATYA 2ND EPISODE . EVEN THIS EPISODE DIDN’T BRING CHILD WHO WAS ABUSED BY FEMALE.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulDSRioZh7w .SEE THIS LINK TOO SEXUAL ABUSE BY FEMALE.
      THERE R MANY CASE OF DOWRY ARE FAKE AND THERE IS RAISE IN FAKE RAPE CASE(READ NEWSPAPER). BUT IF A GIRL ACCUSE ANYONE OF RAPE THEN NO ONE EVEN VERIFY THAT , IF A INNOCENT PERSON GET PUNISH THEN DON’T ACCPECT THAT HE PROTECT GIRL,. INNOCENT PERSON EITHER START HATING OR HURT OTHER FEMALE. IN DELHI METRO MORE THAN 95% PICK POCKET ARE FEMALE. IF SOME ONE OBOSERVE FEMALE PICK POCKET NO ONE DO ANY THING SEE THIS SOCIAL EXPERIMENT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_axzGWRJbd8 .
      IF THERE IS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE BY FEMALE NO ONE COME BUT IT IS BY MALE THEN EVERYONE COME SEE THIS SOCIAL EXPERIMENT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M0MW6ON484.
      THERE R MANY RAPE CASES SAYING HER BOYFRIENF PROMISE OF MARRIAGE. IF A GIRLFRIEND LEAVE THEN FOR MALE THIS IS NOT LAW.(DEFINATION OF RAPE FORCED SEX NOT CONCESUAL SEX)

CRIME DONE BY BOTH BUT DIFFERENCE IS THAT WHEN DONE BY MALE EVERYONE OBSERVE IF DONE BY FEMALE PEOPLE IGNORE.
      I AM YOUNG I WANT EQUALITY SOCIETY RATHER THAN BAISE SOCIETY ,I WANT CRIME FREE , AND CRIMINAL SHOULD PUNISHED EITHER MALE OR FEMALE.
      I KNOW U WANT STOP CRIME AGAINST FEMALE , EVEN I WANT TOO. BUT DON’T CREATE PREJUDICE SO THAT INNOCENT MALE GOT PUNISHED. YOUTH FIGHT AGAINST CRIMINALS(FEMALE OR MALE ) NOT ONLY MALE.
      IF U SAID U R NOT GENERALISING THEN POST CRIMES DONE BY FEMALE TOO.

2. Green Lantern

Unknown: Very well said, mate.

3. Voice of reason

you are a moron…………. how can you say girls should shay at home, cook and be a good wife… why don’t you do that…………. do you think girls dont have intelligence…….. was you mother a dumb women with no brains….. you idiot and all guys stating against this poem, what you do not understand is that all these issues crop up because of the pathetic mentality that most indian men have. If a girl wears a short skirt, it does not mean she is cheap or she is inviting a rape. Some where someone said its about clothes, my friend you should consult a psychiatrist. If it was cloathes, then how are most rapes happening in rural India, how did the NIrbhaya case happened, how is some one wearing anyting from a skirt to a saree being raped.
      the fact of the matter is that people have very bad mentality, women are not respected in India…………… and this is the root cause of all the evil and as long as men like you roam around Scot free, I am sure nothing would ever happen…

4. d

only girls r responsible for dere rape ,they provoke people by displaying their body or they start kissing n cuddling on public places …..

5. Darth Jader

Now that’s just silly. While I appreciate you posting a response to this supreme moron (Voice of UNReason), that is just a silly perspective. While a lot of girls may be promiscuous dick teases, they don’t deserve to be raped….now the ones who send mixed signals to the point where nobody knows wtf they really DO want, and the ones who make accusations of rape after regretting a one night stand, those ones were simply not raped, and getting fucked is their own responsibility.

6. Mr. X

Even Savdhaan India is more unbiased than this Youth website, when it comes to crimes done by female.

3. Bhaskar

Well put.

4. NitanshuV

Awesome lines, it makes us realize what kind of world we are living in.

5. Neha Jha

I really feel good when I see guys like you standing up for women and speaking against the deep rooted bias against them. With increasing gang rapes and assault, people around the world see Indian men from a different light. That’s terrible! But, men like u raise a lot of hopes. And using poetry to do that is even great!! Keep it up, dude!

1. Mayank Jain

Thank you for that, Neha.
      And I get you. I was filled with anguish and I just had to write this because the appalling state of affairs must end somewhere. We can’t be victims for ever.

2. vooice of reason

definitely you are the pervert mr green lantern do you even know the meaning of pervert, please check your dictionary……………. but let us not even go there the fact of the matter remains the same, why is it that some people like you feel that a girl needs to be properly dressed and what do you even mean by properly dressed…… like i said even girls wearing salwars in villages are raped.

now coming to the example of locks and precaution, any rational mind will understand that we need to work towards a society where in we actually dont need locks, in the present context, we need to work towards a society where no one thinks about raping. and my friend you are not helping…………. the fact is because of our stupid society, sex is considered a taboo, no one discuss the real problems at hand, no one explains that rape is bad, we would rather not discuss it… dont you get it, it is actually because of the mentality that women are not equal to men, that some people treat women as objects and hence rape and other brutal acts are a common thing to them. they have never seen their moms and sisters do anything great or anything important in life and hence a feeling of inequality arises in their mind..

the problem is not in there dress the problem is in your mentality, even if a girl is roaming naked you should not think about raping her….. but no thanks to males like you, a girl is never safe. you are desperate perhaps even dying to loose your virginity and hence every girl wearing a short skirt seems to be a pervert to you….. come on this is the 21st century, and yet you talk in this way….. shame on such people

3. Darth Jader

Rape is common?????

Fewer than 1% of women are raped in their lifetime…..that’s not exactly “common”.

Keep your hate speech to yourself.

4. voice of reason

ohh really! hate speech

keep your chauvinistic attitude in your pie hole

5. Darth Jader

I’m not chauvinistic in the slightest.

You are full of hate speech.

6. voice of reason

hahahaha …………. hate speech now that you cant defend your points, you say that you never said women are not responsible for rapes……….

come on dude go to your bloody island and please do us a favour by never returning

7. voice of reason

you know what FART VADER, you are exactly the person, the boy this poem talk about……….. the monster

m sure your folks are proud of you

btw telecommunication degree is not as great as you may think it is….. and even i am a qualified engineer in the Mechanical stream from a Government college……………

8. Darth Jader

My folks are very proud of me, I’ve accomplished so much more than most people twice my age.

BWAHAHAHAHA….there’s no end to your stupidity, is there? I never said ANYTHING about telecommunications, nothing at all.

I said that while getting my SCIENCES degree, I did VERY WELL in TECHNICAL (not “tele” which is about as different as an orange is from a rock) communications.

Are you REALLY this dumb??? Or are you just really that good at playing stupid?

Congrats, you went to a community college using your female privilege funded by the government to get a useless certificate.

Your certificate in “failing at life” isn’t exactly what I would call impressive. In fact it really just shows that you’re even more pathetic than everyone who reads your posts already know.

9. Darth Jader

No, I’ve been saying that you’re full of hate speech right from the start.

Now that I’ve proven you wrong with irrefutable documented evidence, you resort to questioning my credibility?

Not everyone is as hateful or sexist as you, not everyone accepts bullshit feminist claims to be true.

6. Ra’s al Ghul

Women are given special treatment everywhere and get away with the same kinds of crimes that men commit with lighter punishment, women take men’s jobs, women kill men, women imprison men with false cases, women rape men, women stare at men, women wear skimpy clothes to make men horny, women commit violent acts against men etc. If men and women are equal, why do women have separate jail cells, separate sports teams, separate seating in buses etc. Men and women can never be the same as God has created them different. All research in biology and psychology states that they are different.

1. D Gill

1. Taking men’s jobs? Jobs are not taken, they are earned. 2. Don’t blame a man’s state of mind on a woman’s clothes. This implies all men are savages and they are not 3. One cannot be imprisoned with false cases. One cannot imprison someone else. There is something called evidence, and that is what determines the outcome of a case. Also are you a law expert? Where do you get that women get off with lighter sentences?
      And yes women have reserved seats and whatnot but haven’t you realized yet that this is due to the lack of safety women face in public in certain parts of India? And yes women do horrible things too, no one is denying that. But that’s not what this is about it’s about the rampant discrimination & lack of safety women face and how most girls and boys are raised in a patriarchal system which does everyone including the boys a disservice by limiting their options as well. And as for men and women being different, yes they are. The point is equal treatment/ rights/ fair chance at life/ respect. Different but equal. If you don’t agree to that then there is something wrong with you. Are people of different religions not different? They are, but they are all deserving of the same respect & equal treatment in society. And let’s say you were considered for a position in a foreign country, would you like it if you were discriminated against because you were of a different religion or you skin color was different from other people at this company? WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT BUT ALL DESERVING OF THE SAME RESPECT & RIGHTS.

2. Ra’s al Ghul

1. Many people choose to hire underqualified women just because of their body and looks, over deserving, well-qualified men. 2. You are already horny after looking at women in tight and revealing attire. 3. There are many men in prison due to false rape cases, false domestic violence cases, and fake dowry cases.

What exactly is lack of safety. If I roam around after midnight and I am attacked by a bunch of thieves, I am not going to go home crying, accusing those men or women. Everyone is responsible for their own safety. Women should stay at home and they they step out of their homes, they should cover up properly. All the members of The League of Shadows are covered from head to toe.

Men and women are equal but different. If a man was topless, it would not matter, but if a woman was topless, it would amount to nudity.

3. Anuva

women get jobs because of their figure?–and why don’t you mention that men don’t respect women and just appoint them because of their own wrong thinking?.And for the part that men can roam around nude and it still can’t amount to a problem -I can tell you that this freedom that men are enjoying is because of girls who,unlike men,do not stare at men and take out the shit from them which,you men, don’t have-that is-DECENCY AND RESPECT FOR OTHERS.And regarding the fact that there are men who have been imprisoned wrongly-I would like you to consider the statistics regarding rape and falsely implied rape.And CONGRATULATIONS!-your parents have raised you like those mentioned above.And I pity your present and future family and I also pray that God doesn’t gift you a baby girl.

4. Ra’s al Ghul

women get jobs because of their figure?–and why don’t you mention that men don’t respect women and just appoint them because of their own wrong thinking?

When did I say all women get a job because of their figure? Yes, it is true that all men do not respect women, just as all women do not respect men.

And for the part that men can roam around nude and it still can’t amount to a problem

I am not sure if you have read my comment. If a man is topless, it is not nudity. If a woman is topless, it is nudity. Do you see the difference?

-I can tell you that this freedom that men are enjoying is because of girls who,unlike men,do not stare at men and take out the shit from them which,you men, don’t have-that is-DECENCY AND RESPECT FOR OTHERS.

Men do not go around in backless shirts, skin tight leggings or miniskirts. If all handsome men started showing their toned bodies, women would also stare, which using your own comment amounts to indecency and disrespect.

And regarding the fact that there are men who have been imprisoned wrongly-I would like you to consider the statistics regarding rape and falsely implied rape.

Why are you jumping to statistics? We are talking about evil women who have men imprisoned for no fault of theirs, and are also partially responsible for rape, as they tempt men with their bodies. e.g. If I am out late at night and I am robbed, I can blame the theif all I want, but deep down inside I will know that I should not have been out late at night. Similarly, if I have a muscular body and I am showing-off my body, and then I get jumped by a group of girls who want to feel my body, and then they get horny and rape me, I know they are guilty of a heinous crime, but once again, I know I should have not been showing off my body.

5. vooice of reason

dude get yourself checked you need medical attention…………… i dont think your mind is in right place…………

what are you talking about ridiculous man, you ashamed the entire community of men

6. Darth Jader

so…..you’re saying that women are entirely blame free? That all women respect men? (note: you are being very disrespectful of men right now).

I think it’s YOU who needs to get medically checked, you have some kind of weird dain bramage.

7. voice of reason

first of all, again please improve your skills in english and read the poem properly you moron

secondly, ofcourse women are blame free in rapes , ofcourse they are only a third grade, under developed , low class chauvinist can think otherwise….. to say women are responsible for their rapes is to show are irresponsible one is towards the society at large…

mr FART VADER no one is talking about if women respect men or not, if that is your concern write your own poem describing how you were insulted…………hence please improve comprehension skills
      ( i am sure u belong to one of those third grade families where all the women folk do is produce kids, tolerate abuses of men and boys are taught that they can do what ever they want)

8. Darth Jader

ROFLMFAO…..SRSLY???? You say shit like “women don’t do abuses”, and you’re questioning MY comprehension of English????? Pretty obvious to anyone reading this that I’m not the one who struggles with English here……….You’re absolutely hysterical….

Again, I NEVER said victims of rape are responsible for their own rape…..NOT ONCE…..hilarious that you’re questioning MY comprehension of English, yet you can’t even get the simplest of concepts….

You, are a MORON.

9. voice of reason

ohh really you never said that

‘Darth Jader

REPLY
      Women are equally as, if not more responsible for rape than men.

Get off your high horse, sexist sow.”

what was this you piece of shit, born of low mentality

as for you going to that island of yours please rest their for the rest of eternity, as i am sure our country will do much better with one bastard less

10. Darth Jader

Wow, you are one nasty, hateful, sexist bitch….and evidently incredibly stupid too.

Please explain how you could possibly be so stupid as to think “women are equally, if not more responsible than men for rape” could in ANY WAY mean that women are responsible for their own rape? Methinks you need to learn how to read English, retard.

Allow me to explain it to you: Women perpetuate a “no means yes” attitude, more than 85% of rapists came from single mother homes (in other words, the research PROVES that women raise rapists more frequently) WOMEN are more frequently perpetrators of sexual assault (including rape) of children, WOMEN sexually assault (including rape) both men and women with a slightly greater frequency than men sexually assault (including rape) women.

Women are responsible for all these things, and yet you’re blaming men for rape and acting like men alone are responsible for it? WORSE, you’re arguing the most utterly simplistic of ideas (that I was saying that women are responsible for being raped).

I think you should get an I.Q. test done…you could be eligible for benefits for having a mental disability….not a specific diagnosis obviously….just for having a really REALLY low I.Q. …..unless of course you’re 11, then things would make a whole lot more sense.

11. Sameer

Ask yourself honestly don’t you stare at a handsome man if your reply is in negative you seriously need a doctor because it is not possible that a woman can’t stare at a man then how can a relationship come into existence and if certain relationship is the result of one way effort its not healthy and natural it means you are allowing that you can be persuaded in a relationship by effort you don’t have passion or desire ,here you are com modifying yourself that you cant reciprocate with the positive signal of a man you are always passive , another thing we hear that we should not stare at someones’ GF , i ask you, are you a chattel of some special male ,you are individual we don’t look at you as a private property of someone so we admire your beauty respecting your individuality ,the problem is that you people don’t want to liberate yourself you haven’t shunned your ancient mentality, be a male, take responsibility ,get rid of archaic mindset , you know ,Jahangir married Mehrunnisa who was the wife of Alikuli beg and he was attracted towards her n after death of ali kuli beg he married Mehrunnisa(Nur jahan) .so it doesn’t matter you have a boyfriend ,even if you are married a male can admire or desire or crave for you ,its natural…..

12. doooooo

I remember , i had an interview at one of the renowned management colleges ,i was interviewed for half an hour being bombarded with baseless n nonsense questions ,after my interview i asked a girl , what did they ask? she told , nothing, just name , introduction n hobbies , and she was selected finally despite having scored less percentile than me .Now when campus placement was on , i knew those dunce women who was selected for some of the best brands despite having performed dismally in GD n interview.Now , u blame us for your every woe , you become prostitute for us ,u become porn-star for us , u don’t derive any pleasure in the act nor u get paid , in fact u people sell ur body in every profession n relation ,if u work as a heroine u show ur skin n flaunt it , at that time u don’t feel any bad cuz ur being paid .A porn star is also a woman , if u pay them , they are ready to do any thing but u can’t even watch her for free , why don’t u people make a menu for every act , for starring this price for kissing ….this ,modern women r on sale , u just need money , for money they can stoop to any level…..

13. Saloni

Hi.
      Your comment has immensely annoyed me. But I won’t begin bashing you.
      I’ll explain you my point, peacefully.

” Women should stay at home and they they step out of their homes, they should cover up properly.”
      This statement of yours sums it up. This statement is the reason why FEMINISM exists. You see, I’m a girl. I want to live in a society where it’s okay for me to be outside home, okay for me to wear what I like. Men & women are no doubt biologically and psychologically different (like you said) but should that give men all the rights and privileges which they have?
      You see, isn’t it ironic that just because of penis & no penis, breasts & no breasts, vagina & no vagina- people can be discriminated so ridiculously. Is that logical? Just what is different, BODY?
      Also, secondly,by saying that” if I roam around after midnight and I am attacked by a bunch of thieves, I am not going to go home crying, accusing those men or women. “, you imply that it’s the woman’s fault if she gets raped. SHE should have taken more precautions.
      But tell me, if that worked, would 6 year olds, 5 year olds and fucking two year olds be raped? Would 50+ ladies be attacked and molested?
      It’s not about clothes, it’s not about provocation- it’s about mindset.
      Of course in a country like India we do need to take precautions, wear the right clothes at certain places- but I dream of an India where these things don’t restrict us. Where women don’t put an effort to NOT get raped but men put an effort to NOT rape.

14. Ra’s al Ghul

Saloni, yes, the difference is breasts and no breasts. Even in the western world where women wear whatever they want, a man can go shirtless and show off his chest and abs, whereas a woman will be instantly arrested if she went topless. This is because there IS a difference between men and women.

Okay, if a person is attacked by a bunch of thieves after midnight, whose fault is it? Would you not say that he should have taken precaution? Precaution is for EVERYONE. It is common sense that you should cover your body just as it is common sense that you should avoid being outside late at night.

It is about clothes, or the lack of clothes to be more precise, because that is what provoke. As for mindset, rapes take place all over the world – they are not restricted to India alone.

but I dream of an India where these things don’t restrict us. Where women don’t put an effort to NOT get raped but men put an effort to NOT rape.

That is like saying I dream of a place where I can verbally abuse and people don’t get offended. If women don’t take precaution by staying at home and fulfilling their duty as a wife, and try to be modern by revealing their bodies in tight, transparent, and figure hugging clothes, then they only have themselves to blame.

15. Deepika Singhania

@Saloni, absolutely agree with your comment! Its not about the clothes or the age anymore. We need a society with men who don’t think like rapists. We’re not bloody desserts that were born to tempt men into having sex with us. That flow of thought is just revolting! They seem to want to prove the point that they’re the dominant ones beacuse of their uncontrollable libido and physical strength. They’re still being ‘boys’ like the society has taught them to be and therin lies the probem. They think its normal to think like rapists. And the fact that you belong to the female gender is enough for them to prove their ‘manhood’.

16. rananjay

he might not be a law expert but i have studied law from one of the top colleges of India,n i am not going to describe it here but in nutshell i must tell u we have been made slave of women by different laws favoring women.They have been made goddesses n if i were a dictator i wd have provided all women with a pistol n said any men u don’t like just kill him ,any men who look at u even with affection kill him brutally u won’t be tried in the court , cuz it has already been done by recent amendment in sec 375 n amendment in evidence act ,the last nail is juvenile act then our male species will become a dog on the beck n call of women …..

17. Darth Jader

Ever heard of “Affirmative Action”? I’ve seen MANY qualified males (and females) who were passed up for jobs, simply because the hiring entity was in a rush to hire underqualified females so they could fill their quota. Don’t pretend it doesn’t happen. It’s not every case mind you, but it happens FAR too often.

18. Voice of reason

my god its appalling, how narrow mined these people are i mean how can you even say this, men and women are equal ,( remember if god created them as man being better, then he doesn’t deserve to be called god. My god created them as equal, don’t know about you) i am sure these comments are from some chauvinistic men from very bad families. Some green lantern gave a ridiculous example of the house and locks. Are you illiterate is this what your parents and your society teaches you…………. the solution is to control thieves not buy better locks, how can people like you survive man….. a women can wear whatever she feel you bloody pervert and desperate person would commit rapes etc, no one else would………….. as for some idiot saying women take mens jobs, ofcourse they should arent SC and ST category people taking the jons of General category people, if that is justified on the grounds of they being oppressed for ages, then why should the same not hold true for women

the fact is you are afraid to compete with women, that’s why you want to keep them at home, the fact is you were raised in a deplorable way where may be all your mother did was produce kids and cook and the same was imposed on your sister ( i pity them). you represent the scum of humanity………. shame on you, few men like you disgrace all Men

19. Green Lantern

the solution is to control thieves not buy better locks

I have not mentioned anything about ‘better’ locks. All I said was, you lock your door when you go to bed. You take precaution. What would you call a person who did not lock his door, and when a theft occurred in his house, started complaining that thieves should be controlled?

a women can wear whatever she feel you bloody pervert

If you are implying that she can wear less than adequate clothing, then who is the pervert?

20. doooooo

on one side u say u r equal on the other side ur saying that we have been deprived from ages so u need favor if u need favor it means u r not equal cuz equal people deny any favor , cuz he /she believes in his/her strength , when there is benefit u become women and if it comes to equality , u want to b treated equally , compare if i completed 400 meter run in one minute n other person completed just 100 miters in 4 minutes n he is placed equal to me, although he seems to b equal but we ll never treat him/her equally n we r not equal either we r different cuz u have just manipulated the position when it comes to reality we r better.So become powerful like us then ask equal treatment, cuz power matters , if i am a common man n a police commissioner start misbehaving with me n if i m physically stronger , i won’t think a minute about law n order i ll thrash him first n take the alibi of self defense or make the matter of sudden provocation …..so ultimately physical power matters…. Its u who is narrow minded ok !cuz ur talking about favor , r u a deprived woman, n we don’t treat sc/st/obc equally, we hate them n we ll b looking down upon them they r beggars like u ,after all shudras and women r same they need help n we extend help but they want to sit besides us which is not possible…ok! ‘dhol ganwar shudra pashunari ye sab tadan ke adhikari’

7. Gaurav

Nice article. unfortunately it does not suggest solutions and I see a discrepancy, we still do not know what we want to teach our men.

1. Green Lantern

We still don’t know what we should teach our women. They should stay at home and look after their husband, as God has created them with this purpose. Everyone has a role which suits them. e.g. A man can be out all day without the fear of getting raped, but with a woman the fear lingers constantly. Also, during a woman’s period, she loses vitality and thus can’t do her work properly. She needs ample rest. This hampers her decision making process, rendering her unfit for any kind of mental task, Hence, it is best if she stays at home and looks after her household.

2. Apoorva

Are you insane.. if this is the thought process you possess, then you are not fit to live in this world…Are you God??! Then how do you know the purpose of Women Kind ???
      and fear of rape .. what is the cause… its the bloody MEN …!!! if u want to give some rational advice.. tell all your men folk to staty in the house and not go out … that way rapes wont happen and women will look after your sorry asses…

3. Green Lantern

what is the cause… its the bloody MEN …!!!

If I go out wearing next to nothing, am carelessly out late at night and get raped by a bunch of girls, I will have only myself to blame. When you go to bed at night, you lock your door. You don’t go around preaching how it is your house and your choice what you choose to do with your door, and if a theft occurs, of course the thief will be the culprit but who will be to blame? Or do you think your argument will be logical and rational that since it is your house, whether you lock it or not is a matter of choice?

Then how do you know the purpose of Women Kind ???

If what I have written is not the purpose of womankind, then please let me know what is. Thanking you in advance.

4. Darth Jader

Get off your high horse, sexist sow.

5. vooice of reason

my god people like darth vader and green lantern, should be banished from human world…………… are you really so crazy…. i mean do you belong to a family where your mom and other women folk only produce kinds and wore may be burkhas………….. my god man women are equal to men and if there is any one responsible for a rape its men and only men you moroon…………. which centuary are you living in

6. Darth Jader

I find myself cackling hilariously at the hypocrisy of your statement “….women are equal to men and if there is any one responsible for rape it’s men and only men….” The sheer IDIOCY of your statement is absolutely mindboggling.

Stop being sexist, RECOGNIZE THAT MEN AND WOMEN ACTUALLY ARE equal, not your false notion of EQUAL, but ACTUALLY equal.

Women commit more child abuse, women commit higher rates of infanticide, higher rates of child sexual abuse, are PROVEN to be more violent and that men being violent with women is almost always RECIPROCAL violence.

Which century are YOU living in??????

7. voice of reason

my god you are really nuts arent you………… first of all DO YOU UNDERSTAND ENGLISH??? the poem is about how women are subjected in rampant inequality in the society…. no one said women dont do abuses , no one says that they are the best in the class with hearts of gold, but to say that they are responsible for rape is outrageous…. you idiot, please try to understand the moot issue raised by the poem rather then posting ridiculous comments

8. Darth Jader

and yet I just provided links to you which CLEARLY PROVE women proliferate rape as frequently (if not more so) as men.

My reading comprehension of both English and French is perfectly fine. You, on the other hand, seem to have great difficulty with English. I’m guessing you’re an ESL student?

je pense que tu as la tete du merdé.

9. voice of reason

first of all thank you for letting us all know how desperate your are, i mean proving linguistic skills that too in a foreign language on a forum of this kind……. dude its this kind of desperation that leads to rapes in India, please improve your mentality, god knows which women did what to you that, you are of the opinion that ” WOMEN PROLIFERATE RAPE”, on a very serious note mr FART VADER – this mentality will not take India forward but only take us backward in time…… i cannot change your mentality all i can suggest is , think before you say something….. how can women proliferate rape, how can they be responsible for rapes, your schools taught you french but didnt you have moral science as a subject………… shame on you dude

10. Darth Jader

You’re a fucktard, a moron, and an idiot. You’re clearly also a genetically inferior specimen. Please do the world a favour and self euthanize.

11. voice of reason

also you piece of shit, the poem is about abuses hurled at women, not a comparison on who is better or worse………….. youe schooling must have been pathetic

12. Darth Jader

I graduated high school with honours, and have a 5 year masters degree in Sciences and guess what? TECHNICAL COMMUNICATIONS.

FUCK YOU you worthless piece of shit.

13. voice of reason

and yet you hurl abuses, write as if you came right out of the dark ages

i think the author of this poem also needs to write a poem on the failing education system in this country ( ofcourse you will be the principal subject)

14. Darth Jader

And yet, as previously stated, I am simply returning the favour, YOU started with the “abuses”, I simply returned the favour, i.e. it was RECIPROCATED, you do know what “reciprocated” means, right?

15. Voice of reason

Hey fart vader ( read badtard) you didnt answer the questions, isolated incidents cant be a logical explanation

Dude the fact is u still live in dark ages have no regard for women and also u r a bit crazy, i dont blame you…. Its all in the upbringing
      So try to be a bit more civilised and please for the sake of ur would be wife please change ur mentality…. Though i already pity her

16. Darth Jader

I’ve had enough of your bullshit, here’s the bottom line: You have asked no questions for me to answer.

Now, I answered yours, it’s your turn to answer mine: DO YOU KNOW WHAT RECIPROCATED MEANS????

um….FUCK YOU, I am living in modern times, and (evidently unlike you) I actually DO regard women as highly as men, that’s why I hold them accountable for their actions every bit as much as I do men. There’s no doubt I’m a bit crazy….you’d have to be to do what I do in a living (btw, bet I make more in a day, doing AWESOME shit, than you do in 2 months).

Chick, as stated earlier, I’m only RECIPROCATING the treatment that you have given me (though far more intelligently), so perhaps YOU should start with being a bit more civilized.

As for marriage: marriage is a DEATH TRAP, why on earth would I ever want to get married? Why buy the COW, when I can get the milk for free??? I’m perfectly content with having my multiple (all pretty sexy) casual sex partnersDude the fact is u still live in dark ages have no regard for women

EXACTLY it IS all in the upbringing, and the fact that over 85% of rapists come from single mother homes goes to show that USING YOUR OWN ADMITTED LOGIC women are responsible for turning them into rapists, though that’s only ONE way in which women are responsible for rape.

Evidently YOUR upbringing was very poor.

17. vooice of reason

may be mr Darth Jader ( read idiot ) would like to explain, why to girls were raped in UP and hanged from a tree, both were minors. May be he would also like to explain why rapes generally happen in North India, where as Mumbai is the fashion capital of the country……………

please get your facts correct, mentality straightened or else leave this society as you a fit for an asylum

18. Darth Jader

“Why to girls were raped in UP and hanged from a tree” I have no idea what you’re talking about, please, if you’re going to argue (and use childish insults while you’re at it) try to string together a cogent thought.

Do you mean THIS India? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1Yf3U-RSGQ

Or what about the Indian man who slept with a guy’s sister, who then (regretting it) said that he raped her, and was SAVAGELY beaten to death with sticks in a City Square? The video has been removed from YouTube otherwise I’d post a link….believe me, you’d vomit if you saw it, unless you’re the misandrous man hating scum I suspect you are.

As for your bullshit claim that men solely commit rape, take a gander at this: 43% of high school and college-aged men have had “unwanted sexual contact,” 95% of those say a female acquaintance was the aggressor: http://www.apa.org/pubs/journals/releases/men-a0035915.pdf

Not only do men face the threat of sexual violence, but ALSO the equally as devastating threat of FALSE RAPE ALLEGATIONS.

You should remove yourself from this world, as you are Sociopathically deranged.

19. voice of reason

Mr Fart Vader, you are a sick moron, god know how do you manage with this minuscule intelligence…………. you non nonsensical ridiculous piece of rotting shit, the first you tube video shows women beating up men in Delhi metro for they had entered the ladies compartment, are you trying to say that the men were right, and they should violate rules and enter ladies compartment?

you site some shit research from an organisation which is not even Indian for a debate which is solely in the INDIAN CONTEXT….

see you piece of shit, men like you are responsible for rapes, for torture to women coz as i mentioned you belong to a low class mentality and a low grade family background, i pity your mom for for giving birth to you………… she would be ashamed of herself today….

you bastard you talk about rapes and say that you do not have any idea about the rapes in UP which happened recently and shook the whole nation, two minors were raped in some fucking village (like the one in which you stay) and they were hanged from a tree post that, and you say you didnt hear about it………. see if you are ill/mis informed please stop posting in forums of this sort…………..

i cannot change your mentality but i pity your wife( if you have any, which i doubt) and also if you are ever become a father to a girl ( god have mercy on her soul)…….. it is people like you who are dragging India behind, not taking it forward………… u fuckin moron, deranged bastard.

again the poem was about the way society treats men and women, the inequalities that exist in the society… its not about women torturing men etc… i don’t hate men you piece of shit, but i respect women unlike you and your community which treats them as toys……………….

get your facts straight and your mental constitution checked…..
      i have wasted enough of my time with you… the only solution, you and people like you should try to be broad minded and if you cant the lead a life of solitary confinement so that you dont spread any malice………… period!

20. Darth Jader

Fuck you’re a retard, I’m not even going to waste my time with this idiocy.

I will reiterate: CUNTS like you are responsible for rape, far more than any 10 men are, you are a vile, nasty, hypocritical, sexist, piece of shit, hate mongering, hate spreading, low on intelligence, absolute fucking moron.

NONE of your comment makes any sense whatsoever, and if I address just one of the idiotic things you said, I have to address them all, so y’know what, I’m gonna save myself the time, and simply acknowledge that all the comments on fb pages and in other venues about you being an utterly stupid stupid sexist cunt are most definitely accurate. How does it feel to not only be hated for the sexist, racist piece of shit that you are, but also pitied for how utterly stupid and pathetic you are?

21. Darth Jader

You need to get YOUR facts straight.

Sexist scum. (read: Radfem retard)

22. voice of reason

ohh really i need to get my facts right?? please answer my question and enlighten all of us
      how are two minors raped in UP responsible for their own rape. how is a 6 yr old raped in Bangalore responsible for her fate

mr fart vader, you should know how to rebut answer these questions in light of your own argument you retard

23. Darth Jader

Never said ANYTHING about women being responsible of their own rape. NO victim is responsible for the crime committed against them. It’s the portrayal of the proliferation of men committing it that is HORRENDOUSLY inaccurate.

Again, I have no idea what the hell you’re referring to, which says to me 1) you need to learn something about providing better details and 2) it was an extremely isolated incident.

24. voice of reason

oh really isolated incidents, minors being raped in India is isolated incidents

dude seriously you need medical attention

atleast start reading a newspaper

25. Darth Jader

A solitary incident amongst BILLIONS of people is the very definition of isolated, it CERTAINLY does NOT constitute evidence that most men commit rape as you claim.

I’ve been arguing the comments, not the OP, just like you, though you seem to not even comprehend the content of the comments.

Whtvs, I have to get packed to go to my cousin’s private Island, have fun wallowing in your misandrous hatred.

26. voice of reason

also fart vader, not one minor is raped in this country, thats the problem with people like you… everything is a statistics for you…..

well what can i expect from some one with family background like that of yours

27. Darth Jader

Yes, you DO need to get your facts straight.

ONCE AFUCKINGGAIN I will say this you fucktarded cunt: FIRST, I have no fucking clue what incident you are talking about (perhaps in the limited resources of intelligence you posses, you could muster up enough brain power to post a link to the story), SECOND, I NEVER FUCKING SAID THEY (or anyone else) IS RESPONSIBLE FOR BEING RAPED.

Once again I will point out that it’s pretty fucking obvious that this is a very isolated incident, and whoever committed it is the scumiest of dirty scum, who deserves to be tortured daily for the remainder of their life, but again, you keep talking like this is a routine occurrence (worse, you’re blaming it solely on one demographic, when it’s pretty fucking obvious that both women – and men – had a hand in creating the monsters that committed what fucking ever act you are referring to), when in fact is is a one in a trillion incident.

28. danny

you r a bastard yaar , i have been reading both of u , but jader’s argument is pertinent n potent, ur focus is only on wining this argument but jader seems to b well researched n n i have personal experience, i have never dared to ask a women out , but women near to me did with me what they wanted , if the law is made gender neutral i can accuse at least 3-4 women for rape n molestation . i know u won’t believe but its true , unfortunately, is it equality? a man thinks twice before proposing a woman , he can’t dare but a woman can do whatever she wants…. ignore mistakes…..

29. voice of reason

Mr Danny, first of all please refrain from abusing me, from my comments you must be well aware i can very easily do the same
      now coming to facts etc, if you feel that one youtube video about men being beaten by women, and some obscure data is good research, then thats your problem. Rape has become a common problem in India, and in my opinion it is the mentality of the people that is the actual root cause of the problem, and hence my comments. it all started when some Jader fucker ( read gay born bastard ) wrote that women are responsible for their rapes as well, something that i dont believe.

as for guys being afraid to propose, i dont know man, i never have been . i never said that the society is not plagued by women who act against all moral and civil codes, all i wanted to say was that , it is the mentality, the narrow mindedness and perhaps the inequality that is prevalent in India which gives rise to these crimes…….

i cannot change yours or anyone’s point of view, this is a social forum and i just expressed my views….

30. Darth Jader

so….him speaking his point of view of how pathetic your “arguments” are constitutes “abuse”????? SRSLY???? Do you actually take the time to think….like…..EVER?????

I posted a video depicting a double standard in India that physical assault against a man was perfectly acceptable because he entered a woman only train…..are there men only trains in India? Nope. Is assault against women ever acceptable? Nope. So why do women have women only trains? Why is assault against men acceptable?

I was going to post a link to a video in that post depicting a man being savagely beaten in a town square with sticks by 7 men (4 of whom were holding his arms and legs so that he was suspended in the air as the others took their turns wailing on him with sticks, breaking bones all over – you could hear them crack as he shrieks), people just stood idly by and watched. The rationale for the beating was because one of the men’s sister slept with the guy, and to avoid the shame of having sex out of wedlock, she said that he had raped her, i.e. a false accusation. Do you honestly believe anybody would have stood idly by if it were a woman being beaten? Absolutely fucking not.

Rape in India has decreased over the past several decades, and people have become more aware of it when it does happen. Beatings of men have increased, false accusations against men have increased. So please, STOP posting FALSE facts in your hate filled feminist agenda.

It all started when you posted hate speech. I NEVER said that women are responsible for their own rapes, NOT ONCE, again, STOP LYING YOU STUPID FUCKING CUNT.

Inequality? Dunno bout you, but all I’ve seen is women being equal to men as far as rights go.

Your point of view is illegal as “hate speech” in most venues, unfortunately not on the interwebs, and definitely not on a sexist radfem blog.

31. voice of reason

mr Fart Fader, i think you or any other male from your family or friends must have tried some shity trick with any female, who in turn made your life miserable, you piece of shit……….. this is what you deserve…………………

learn to respect women, not hold them responsible for rapes…. please clean your mind…………..

man its funny how idiots like you try to put up an argument with you tube videos and some obscure research knowing that they are wrong………….. you,technical communications, what a joke… well these days you can buy a degree and i am sure you would support that as well……….

do a favor on yourself, stay away from arguments in social forums or else people will rip you apart and shred your self confidence ( which i am sure you derive not from education, but by abusing women) beyond recognition……

32. Darth Jader

I’m going to ignore that entire first paragraph for the utter stupidity, and unwarranted discrimination and hatred it contains, hate begets hate.

I (unlike you) actually DO respect women. I know what they’re capable of, and I point out the FACTS. Women are responsible for rape. The fact that you’re ignoring all accountablity for the actions women are PROVEN to commit, shows that, much like many feminists (and many chauvinistic men), you do not respect women AT ALL, worse, it shows you don’t think women are even capable of conscious decisions at all. By YOUR OWN logic, women should not be allowed out of the home without a chaperon. After all, if you don’t think a person is capable of making the choice as to whether or not to commit a crime, should they be allowed in public unsupervised? Seems you’ve gotten yourself into a hole here, it’ll be interesting to see how you’re going to try to dig yourself out of it this time.

I didn’t buy a degree sweetcheeks, I earned it.

WHAT THE FUCK????? ALL THE FACTS ARE THERE, AND YOU’RE STILL SAYING “even though you know you’re wrong”…????? HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU?????

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH…..To start with, I’m fairly confident, as I almost ALWAYS win arguments in social forums, furthermore, hate to be the one to break it to you hun, but it’s pretty obvious to all present that it is YOU who is being ripped apart. I don’t know if you suffer from depression and deliberately make idiotic comments simply to deny all accountability for your own OBVIOUS stupidity, or if you’re really this dumb. Fuck, a lima bean would prove to be adequate competition for you in a battle of wits.

“Voice of Reason”….man….that’s an even bigger oxymoron than “Military Intelligence”.

33. Deepika Singhania

@Green Lantern: Seriously, what is wrong with you? Women are unfit for mental tasks? You’re saying our entire purpose of being born was to learn how to be a good wife and mother once we’re married? And we lose vitality when we have our periods, really? And staying home and looking after the household is not her job; its the whole family’s job to take care of the household. Ever heard of sharing responsibilities?
      Also, what’s with you teaching women how to behave? Being a man doesn’t make you superior in any manner. SO, please stop trying to preach your nonsense. When a woman is molested, abused, raped, and faced wwith any of the other atrocities that are existent, it’s not her fault. Her only fault was giving birth to morons like you who cannot understand what the term humanity means.

@Mayank, if you’re reading this – this is beautifully written and rightly expressed. Women have been ‘shown their place’ for a little too long now.

8. Gaurav

let me help you guys a little bit.
    The causes of a crime can be many for example
    – anger,
    – lust,
    – wrong sense of entitlement,
    – error of judgement,
    – deprivation/ depravity,
    – lack of self respect/self esteem. leading to devaluation / debasement of life
    – no respect for law / being a bully
    – political patronage
    – revenge

these are just some of the reasons why a man may end up on the wrong side of the law… if you do some research you will see things will fall under one or more of these heads

9. Gaurav

some more aspects of crimes
    – are there legitimate / recognised forms of social interaction ( if no then crimes of passion will follow)
    – have the men been educated to communicate in a sane manner
    – do men know how to approach a women
    – do men know how to manage their relationships (I do not think so)
    – how do women choose their partners
    – is power considered a valid parameter by our society (if yes than god help us)

10. Gaurav

some more points

— is there a difference between the image media projects and the ground reality of relationships in india
    — are there differences between regions/states for example live in is ok in mumbai/bangalore but for women in kanpur/bhopal/patna is blasphemy
    — are all women ok with pre marital sex if they like a guy / fall in love with him (severe consequences if not researched properly)
    — are the young men and women really ready for responsibilities or have there been cases of youth cracking under pressure of realities of life and blaming each other for it.

11. Gaurav

all this friction and bitterness is understandable. we are after all human beings. both indian men and women are having a tough time dealing with each other , till 20 years ago arranged marriage was the staple and everything was decided by parents, they were the troubleshooters in case something went wrong and now indian men and women want to manage everything on their own and things are going from bad to worse. I am not suggesting that we go back but the fact is this is a horrible mess.

12. Veda Nadendla

This was beautiful. A poem becomes verse when the words are perverse. There will be people offended by it, there will be those who disagree; but know that what you say now holds true for the society we grew up in. The state of affairs needs to change that, we are the catalysts for that change. Thank you for writing this. If only more men were willing to put blame and shame aside and just talk about how their own gender has been unfair and uncouth.

13. kitu

Great use of words…though sad and frustrated to see some negative comments like those of green lantern guy..
    Dude u just sit at your home. Coz you are scared that if women come out..u wont be able to compete wid ’em.. Thats true..physical strength is not everything which God has gifted to males..life is much more than that… Rise beyond ur low thinking man..or u gonna end up having sessions wid a psychiatrist..

14. Gaurav

“It is a girl”,
    But who wants her?

this summarises a key issue of prejudice and perceived liability , but it also highlights the fact that relationships are going down the drain and those who do not feel up to it are withdrawing from any interaction except those where there is a clear and stated goal which is understood by both parties. this is more visible in urban india but as people assert themselves this should percolate to smaller cities/villages/towns, in a way this is healthy as things are bound to improve. men will have to be careful and introspect on this, additionally one should be careful as women are in a tough spot and any thoughtless comments will only add insult to injury

15. vooice of reason

some of the “men” are really leaving ridiculous comments. the fact of the matter remains the same. Rapes happen not because of the clothes or nudity, they happen because of the narrow minded mentality of men…. period

nice poem btw

1. Darth Jader

funny how you seem to think it’s acceptable to blame all the evils of the world on men, while at the same time giving women no accountability whatsoever…..

You’re an idiot, and a misandrist (i.e. sexist) pig.

2. voice of reason

rapes only men are responsible only an idiot like you can think otherwise

otherwise how could you with a rational mind even think that even women are responsible for rapes

hurling abuses doesnt drive your point home kid

3. Darth Jader

When women commit rape (which occurs with a GREATER frequency against children among women btw) as frequently as men, then that makes women responsible for rape, doesn’t it….not to mention the RIDICULOUS notion that is socially standard which decrees that only men can commit rape….THAT is an ACTUAL rape culture!

“hurling abuses doesnt drive your point home kid” I’m just returning the favour buckshot. YOU started with the insults, not me.

Oh, and I have more experience, greater intelligence, and a higher education level than you do, calling me “kid” is just childish.

4. Darth Jader

“narrow minded mentality of men” Is THAT SO? So….men are responsible for single mothers raising over 85% of rapists? Men are responsible for women being the VAST MAJORITY of child sexual abusers and rapists? Men are responsible for women sexually assaulting or raping both women and men in higher numbers than men rape women?

Please explain your RIDICULOUS thought process leading to how this makes sense.

16. Babar

Parental responsibility does not just lie in treating their sons and daughters equally, it transcends much further. Parents who allow their daughters to wear what they want should not have children or need parenting lessons. Also, when girls become mothers, I am sure they don’t want to show pictures of their youth to their children, and boast about how much thigh they showed or how much cleavage they exposed.

Even in the western world, in many schools and colleges, their are strict rules about what girls can and cannot wear. Also, many parents are more concerned about having their daughters cover up and not date rather than come home one day and tell their parents that they are pregnant.

17. Anonymous

This is moronical. Even ignoring the fact that most families don’t suffer from this dichotomy, women, even when treated well, are not guaranteed to turn out to be angels and boys, when treated well, are not guaranteed to turn out to be monsters.

Women love to project the fact that if it were a women ruled world, things would be much better and peaceful. The reality is that peace and kindness do not necessarily derive from estrogen. Think Sonia Gandhi, given absolute power over an entire country. And for a more direct example, see this video (and countless others, of women brutality) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk7U_t9kyM4

The fact is – everyone, regardless of their sex, is plagued by emotional scars and the wear and tear that modern life burdens you with. I’ve seen a lady police officer beat up a guy on a bus stand – and when the passengers asked her why she was doing that, all she had to say was : “That fellow is speaking too much with me”. When asked to elaborate, she didn’t have anything to say.

Search youtube for woman brutality and see for yourself if they’re any inferior in their capacity to be as brutal as the men.

18. Darth Jader

Is it just me, or has anyone else HERE noticed that “voice of reason” (who’s username is a blatantly obvious oxymoron) is a sexist, hate mongering, nasty, vile, VERY unintelligent, violent, hypocritical CUNT?

1. voice of reason

Mr fuck vader, i see you trying to garner support for yourself, good luck doing that. Btw all the amazing words that you used in this comment of yours, i think are your family surnames, amazing man, so your real name is what some… Mr abcd CUNT!!! shit man no wonder you are deranged.

as for diabolical, dude you gave the example of Military Intelligence as something diabolical in some passage of yours, do you even know that it is actually an existing unit in all armed forces around the world…………… you worthless piece of shit

as i said, i pity any women in your life ( your mother , sister, wife daughter etc), you represent the lowest class of human beings, you moron…………… and i also pity the male members of your family who i am sure are tormented by women, anyways i see a gay born cum sucking bastard like you can never understand and as i have areal job and a real life so i will be unsubscribing this post so that your bullshit does not bother me…. have a nice life …………. and going forward try to be a bit more sensible

2. Darth Jader

Not trying to garner support at all, I was simply curious how many other people see it.

I used “cunt” in response to you repeatedly calling me a “piece of shit”, the difference is, you ACTUALLY ARE a “cunt”, btw, the word “cunt” stems from an old English slang implying “all for queen and country”…..but I suppose it comes as no surprise that your ignorance precluded that understanding.

I never said anything about military being diabolical, I said that YOUR NAME is an oxymoron, just like “military intelligence” is an oxymoron….once again you loudly proclaim your ignorance of the English language.

Yet again, in your last paragraph you spew nothing but filth and hatred…..good luck wallowing in your misery…..SOW. Do you know what a sow is btw?

I’ve been nothing BUT sensible this entire time. You’ve been nothing but insensible.

19. PBose

all the people saying that girls wearing certain type of clothes is responsible for her own rape.. Ok lets consider your point for a while… Your opinion implies that a girl wearing such clothes is acting contrary to the way she should and in a way is presenting a vulgar and bad image… ok accepted! but what a good person will do when presented with a bad image? I gues he will never look at it, curse it and maybe will voice his opinion about this practice,,, he won’t get filled by lust and jump on the woman … and thus they are guilty… so you can’t hurl a stone at someone unless you are a pure soul itself… I would not demand special treatment for women… I just demand the rights every human being is entitled to… by the mere fact of being born as a human being a person has liberty against the subjection of another’s will…….

Second… about what women should do and her mental incapability during periods…. Sir have you ever had a period to know what it feels like? I hav cleared the toughest exams even on such days and I am a very normal human being…. No I will not lock myself at home if there are immoral people running amok.. I will rather take steps as an aware citizen of the state to ensure such people remain behind bars… and if you think ‘taking care of a household’ is a lighter job… You have got no damn experience in it…. I am not an idiot to think all women are saints… Human beings do have flws but under no circumstances does it justify violence… I would demand equal punishment for anybody falsy accusing a man of rape…

You have no right to decide for me… there is no such thing as ‘our women’ I am not a piece of property.. I shall never be…

Rape was prevalent before the invention of short dresses… The insensitivity towards them is also responsible for women losing their innocence… as I remember a girl saying.. “izzat hogi hi nahi tou lutenge kya”
    I can never cure this mindset of the people who have it I know that … its a disease that runs too deep… the only thing I could do perhaps is to teach my daughter to be strong and respect all human beings… and to teach my son to be strong and respect all human beings… Yes! teach them the same thing because they might be psychologically and biologically ‘different’ but they are equal… just the two halves of an image… the two haves can never be unequal… just unique in their own way..

1. Darth Jader

FINALLY, someone other than me who actually posts something that’s not utterly ridiculous. While I don’t agree with you 100%, I’m right there with you about 90%.

2. Diabolic Angel

@Darth Jader…what Pbose has written is like looking at a coin and realizing that every coin has two sides, and both sides need to be evaluated in every case….which is the most apt way of dealing with any situation.
      but what you have been writing…is called chauvinism…its not their fault if someone thinks in a certain way, its just because they’ve been raised with certain beliefs and most of us stick to them, as we think that the things taught to us since eternity should be given prime importance to…..
      but all of the notions which used to be prevalent and acceptable at one point of time, have now become obsolete, and all of us should possess a flexible state of mind to re-evaluate the matters…and then trust our sense of judgement….women’s role in the society is undoubtedly higher than men, as she is, as you said, expected to take care of the household, family and children, which in my opinion is one of the toughest jobs. But this role, is now coupled with being career oriented too, as I said…things are changing, and its better for the society, to have strong minded, intelligent, and financially capable women.

nobody can justify inhuman behaviour and violence in any case…towards anyone, men or women. And also, nobody among us has the right to set parameters of right or wrong, acceptable or unacceptable. And loading others with your beliefs, however stringent they are, is not how human race would evolve.

3. Darth Jader

Please quote ONE thing I’ve said that was chauvinistic, just ONE. EVERYTHING I’ve said is 100% impartial, correct, truthful, and the empirical evidence fully supports it. I see both perspectives, all I’ve been doing is posting refutation over the one side of it that is hateful and extreme.

“women’s role in the society is undoubtedly higher than men” Really? Without men women wouldn’t even have houses to take care of, nvmd the entire backbone of society, all the infrastructure, in fact EVERYTHING that identifies the entire human race as separate from all other species on earth, without men you’d have NOTHING, both genders are equally as important, without either you wouldn’t have SHIT. Furthermore, single people take care of the home AS WELL AS work to support that home….yet you’re talking about it like being a house wife is actually difficult…PLEASE, EVERYONE has to do it, it’s not a job or a role, it’s a simple fact of life, ROFLMFAO. I suggest you alter your CHAUVINISTIC point of view before someone realizes you are an IDIOTIC, Sexist retard.

4. voice of reason

empirical evidence, you tele communication fucker please enlighten every one with the source and the validity of the data till then just shut your pie hole

also please provide a source that pertains to India, the country we all live

man your parents must be ashamed of you

5. Darth Jader

Again, I’ve never had anything to do with anything involving telecommunications….fuck you’re dumb.

Everything I’ve posted has been proven beyond any doubt, so there is no need for me to post any further supporting documentation.

You however have been posting quite a few lies, where’s your supporting documentation for rape being common in India? Last I checked, EVERY single instance of rape in India is widely broadcast on the news, yet there have been a grand total of 3 thus far this year, meanwhile there have been hundreds of beatings of men that went unpublished. Which goes to show you are completely full of bullshit, and that you are an agenda motivated hate mongering individual.

of the two links I posted (you have yet to post any), BOTH pertained to India, though it’s pretty racist of you to be only concerned about what goes on in India.

6. PBose

Thabks for the 90% anyways… the rest 10% is wat adds variation to this world… dats ur unique thought as I hav mine…. I just believe in demending my rights as a human being not a woman… anyways if our rights are not respected.. people do learn to take it 🙂

7. Darth Jader

I’m a (by all appearances) csucasian male btwn the ages of 25 & 35…..you think I have rights in this society? Bwahahahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahaha…..lol. 😉

8. PBose

Thanks for the 90% anyways… the rest 10% is wat adds variation to this world… dats ur unique thought as I hav mine…. I just believe in demending my rights as a human being not a woman… anyways if our rights are not respected.. people do learn to take it 🙂

9. Diabolic Angel

I agree with you. your comment was the most balanced one I could read here.

20. Sangeeta

its just awesome…………………..every single line is perfct and a deep feeling…………..thank u for such a great poem

21. Mokshika Saxena

This is really moving.! and it feels very good to see men standing up and supporting women against all prejudices.

More from Mayank Jain

By Saroj Kumar Pattnaik

By Javed Jaffri

By Asra Naaz